AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My First Poem: Random Thoughts

Senior Member Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl has a reputation beyond repute Bamboobowl's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Trollface Jigsaw Ribbon Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-30-2013 11:48 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My First Poem: Random Thoughts

Are you sure that this is your first poem?? Because it's really great, mon ami! Like seriously, I'm adding this to my favorites tab.~

2. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke thanked for this post
    Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*Claps*

4. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke thanked for this post
    Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by threewolves View Post
    Very nicely done for your first poem. For the most part everything flowed very nicely, I think I only had to catch myself once or twice with the flow being off a bit. But thats to be expected on a first poem.

Looking forward to seeing more.

As far as poetry only to be expressing sadness, not sure if ofc meant something else, cause I think most poetry expresses other feelings than sadness, unless your only doing emo poetry. Most songs are just a variation of poetry. Its how I used to write most of my stuff, when I used to write music. Start with the poem, to get the feeling of how the song should be, then put the beat to it and then tweak.
    Thanks a lot man
    I accept and agree with your critiques, the poem's flow slows down a bit in some verses, I think the first strophe is clearly the best but with the second in a close match, so I feel pleased with my poem 9/10 in the first half/2 strophes, I'd give 8/10 to the third strophe and tough I like the rhymes in the last strophe I think it doesn't sound very melodic so would give it a 7 or 6/10, so guess overally I evaluate my poem 8/10, which is more than acceptable for me as it's my first poem in English

Most songs are just a variation of poetry
    That's right! I believe that both songs and poetry are two different but both beautiful way that we found to express our own feelings, no matter how different and towards whom.

You won't have to wait much longer for my next poem
    I think I'll try to dedicate more time to it as I finished this in 5 or 10 minutes, and it'll be sad.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by threewolves View Post
    Its how I used to write most of my stuff, when I used to write music. Start with the poem, to get the feeling of how the song should be, then put the beat to it and then tweak.
    Oh, that's an original and honestly very smart way of writing poetry, thanks for sharing it, I'll definetely use it in my next poem and then I'll be able to verify whether it produced good results or not

Quote Originally Posted by River Kingston View Post
    Are you sure that this is your first poem?? Because it's really great, mon ami! Like seriously, I'm adding this to my favorites tab.~
    Yes, I'm very sure Unless I also write poetry while I am asleep xD
    In fact, this was my first poem in English but as my last one (in portuguese) was over 6 or 7 years ago I think I can consider this to proudly be my very first one

Oh, so kind of you, thanks a lot for your comment! So be sure to read my next poem, which will be sad

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese the saurus Rex View Post
    *Claps*
    *Grins at you and thanks*

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

^ Why you grinning?
    Because I'm clapping while spinning?
    Round and round and round I go
    Looks cooler in slow mo.

7. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke thanked for this post
    AFs Cutest Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2019 09:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Luffy View Post
    Glad you liked, Sizary nee-chan bro xD *tears of joy for your prase*

Aw, glad you liked it that much, I'm really thankful
    And please don't cry 'cause if you do so your eyes will be watery and therefore you won't be able to read my poem very well ah ah xD

Btw, what's an haiku?
    PURE AWESOMNESS http://www.ehow.com/how_3336_write-haiku.html
    hella

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grell Loves Jozette View Post
    Wooh, that seems really awesome, thanks a lot for making me know it
    It definetely looks original and interesting, I'll sure give it a try.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese the saurus Rex View Post
    ^ Why you grinning?
    Because I'm clapping while spinning?
    Round and round and round I go
    Looks cooler in slow mo.
    Haha, you sure have your own talent for poetry as well, @Cheese the saurus Rex

No, I'm grinning 'cause I feel very happy
    And think it's better than if I was snappy
    I just haven't anything else to say
    So I'll rather just tell you some random thing
    As per example I'm freaking out and... bling!
    Last edited by Mugiwara-no-Basuke; 07-26-2012 at 05:57 PM.

10. Likes Albear liked this post
    AFs Cutest Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Uchiha_Luffy a sucky haiku

Uchiha luffy
    Awesome forumer luffy is
    Always "my friend".
    tehee!
    hella

12. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke thanked for this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grell Loves Jozette View Post
    @Uchiha_Luffy a sucky haiku

Uchiha luffy
    Awesome forumer luffy is
    Always "my friend".
    tehee!
    I like you too, @Grell Loves Jozette

Gil
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like you too, @Grell Loves Jozette
    That was suky and i think my sylables where off.
    hella

15. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Wow, I should hang my head in shame lol. I would never be able to compose something at your level lol. Love how your poem starts out happy and light-hearted but then turns melancholic.

My spirits will raise and be exalted
    raise -> rise ?

Since every soul needs some reparing
    reparing -> repairing ?

I'm not trying to nitpick, trust me. I just want to make this poem as perfect as possible~

17. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke thanked for this post
    Cannibal Countess ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett has a reputation beyond repute ChibiLovett's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Heart Pocky
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2016 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChibiLovett Steam ID: ChibiLovett

Ooooo I lovett! *claps* You're really a very good poet, especially if that's your first try.
    She has no shadows, and she radiates beauty.

Slender body, and two eyes like ebony.

Her spirit's golden, and her mind's a mystery.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    Wow, I should hang my head in shame lol. I would never be able to compose something at your level lol. Love how your poem starts out happy and light-hearted but then turns melancholic.

My spirits will raise and be exalted
    raise -> rise ?

Since every soul needs some reparing
    reparing -> repairing ?

I'm not trying to nitpick, trust me. I just want to make this poem as perfect as possible~
    Haha, I think you could if you tried I agree, the first 2 strophes of the poem are clearly, it starts very cheerful but then turns melancholic, tough it has a great message of hope and self-trust on it, good analysis you made, my friend

Lol, of course, I thank you for that, I read this poem so many times already but failed to notice those two mistakes *face palm*

Senior Member Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Red Orb Red Dango Heart
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2016 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Awesome poem. I really love it
    A set by blueangel06661

21. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by すずめ View Post
    Awesome poem. I really love it
    Glad you liked it, hope it can somehow contribute to improve your mood dear @すずめ

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

I have random thoughts about your poem made up out of random thoughts. If that makes any sense?

BUT i've already responded to it. I've read it already a few times... still like it.

Senior Member Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Red Orb Red Dango Heart
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2016 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Glad you liked it, hope it can somehow contribute to improve your mood dear @すずめ
    Improve my mood? *is confused now*
    A set by blueangel06661

Senior Member モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫's Avatar
    Gil
    Wasted
    Gifts Ouran Patch Baka Death Note
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2013 06:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: otakuforever

Your poem is soooooooo nicely done! I really love how it rhymes, and how it relates to one specific thing.~ I would love to read more of your poems

I Became a fan of your works now~

26. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke thanked for this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Otaku Forever- View Post
    Your poem is soooooooo nicely done! I really love how it rhymes, and how it relates to one specific thing.~ I would love to read more of your poems

I Became a fan of your works now~
    Aww, so sweet of you, THANKS a lot my dear
    Ha ha, don't worry, your favourite poet (which is me xD) will make you 3 sad poems (1 or 2 of them sad) and will post them as he'll come back!

28. Thanks モノクロ猫 thanked for this post
    Likes モノクロ猫 liked this post
    Senior Member モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫's Avatar
    Gil
    Wasted
    Gifts Ouran Patch Baka Death Note
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2013 06:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: otakuforever

Aww, so sweet of you, THANKS a lot my dear
    Ha ha, don't worry, your favourite poet (which is me xD) will make you 3 sad poems (1 or 2 of them sad) and will post them as he'll come back!
    No, THANK YOU for being too awesome You always brighten my day~
    Yay~ I can't wait to read them
    ||- Sig by Kaleohano -||

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

30. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke thanked for this post
    Senior Member The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Ice Cream Kawaiislice Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2023 06:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hmm, it's interesting. But I have to admit, it sounds more spiritual then what I'm used to. But it does have good structure, and I can feel what you are trying to express.

Playstation Network ID: animerebel

32. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Member BadBoss is on a distinguished road BadBoss's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2012 11:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That was a nice read. You should write some more

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Somehow I started to think about this song;

Both your poem, and the song, is beautiful. ;-; *Takes out a tissue*

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

35. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke thanked for this post
    Likes モノクロ猫 liked this post
    Junior Member Riia-chan is on a distinguished road Riia-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2013 02:25 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FrauleinBlitz PSN ID: RAWKLING666 Steam ID: featherstick2098

This is good, very uplifting

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel View Post
    Hmm, it's interesting. But I have to admit, it sounds more spiritual then what I'm used to. But it does have good structure, and I can feel what you are trying to express.
    Yeah, I'm spiritual But glad you liked, thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoss View Post
    That was a nice read. You should write some more
    Yeah, I definetely will, working on that atm

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    Somehow I started to think about this song;

Both your poem, and the song, is beautiful. ;-; *Takes out a tissue*
    Thanks! That's one of my favourite song and I'd have to lie to say that I actually didn't inspired a bit on it *grinning at you*

Quote Originally Posted by Riia-chan View Post
    This is good, very uplifting
    That's my goal, to cheer you up! Poetry does not always have to be sad about broken hearts

Senior Member -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro- has a reputation beyond repute -Ro-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Batmobile Animated Eggplant Gabumon
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2012 02:30 PM
    Threads

Wow what a great poem And to think English isn't even your first language - that's amazing!!!
    After more research it was determined that 2012 was the end of twinkies.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information