AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GetBackers

Junior Member GinjiAmano is on a distinguished road GinjiAmano's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2012 01:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default GetBackers

Backstory:

The Get Backers are a small two man organization that take on jobs that have to deal with getting back stolen items for high paying, or sometimes no money at all. The first member is Ginji Amano, once known as the Lightning Emperor of the Limitless Fortress. He has an amazing fighting spirit along with the power of over 100,000 volts of electricity running through his body. He has now turned into a normal fun loving guy who is truly one of the purest of hearts. Ban Midou is the second member of this organization. He's got a supernatural power of the grip of a snake, also if someone looks into his eyes at a time he chooses, he can set them in a dream state in which they believe something horrible is happening to them and end up losing the battle on their own. The first episode/manga was written around one of their new arrivals Natsumi who has lost her stuffed toy(I know that sounds a little weird, but the show gets so much more better)

Characters:

Ginji Amano:

Seems to be the second in command, always trying to have fun no matter what. But when you get on his bad side, it could be your worst nightmare. Ginji will fight until he dies for something he cares about, and will stop at nothing. No matter what the cost.

Ban Midou:

Ban Midou seems to be one of the most strongest characters I have ever witnessed in a Anime/Manga series. He's got a logical sense of what's going on half of the time, but also is a viper when it comes to being backed into a corner. At one moment you could think that Midou is going to lose a battle, and just as he's about to lose it..he'll switch it around and turn the odds all into his favor.. It's actually fun to watch.

Hevn:

Hevn is an...exceptionally well busted woman who works as the Get Backers' negotiator. She's very good at her job, and always knows how to find them clients willing to pay high sums of money. Even, if half the time Ban and Ginji mess up the payment process.

Natsumi:

Natsumi is a pure-hearted girl who always seems to have an unwavering courage about the Get Backers chances to come back from a mission alive. Of course she's witnessed their will on a mission to get back whatever is lost, and no one else has.

Paul:

I personally like Paul's character a lot. He's the owner of a cafe that is practically the Get Backers' main HQ. Ban and Ginji never seem to have money to pay their tab, so Paul has them working and working and pretty much jumps at each client that enters the door, so they can finally pay off their tab. But, Paul isn't just a normal cafe owner. He was once a part of a famous group of thieves and can basically hack his way into any system.

((There is a lot more to all of this but some characters are introduced later into the story, and I wouldn't wanna ruin it before any of you can get your hands on the show or the manga.))
    Last edited by GinjiAmano; 07-23-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Senior Member threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2013 11:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W0LF1NN PSN ID: G0pherG0d

Default Re: GetBackers

Sounds like an interesting one, will throw it in my Planned to Watch que.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's from what I've seen a very interesting watch. I've only seen maybe six/seven episodes though.

This thread actually reminded me I need to watch the rest of it. So, well played, OP.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

I've read a few of the volumes in manga form, but didn't really get into it xP
    I'm not into too much fighting though! Bit too shonen for me...
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    Threads

A little more yaoi than I'd like, but overall a pretty good show. Could have done with a more complete ending though.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

... How is this yaoi? Don't you mean shonen??

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    A little more yaoi than I'd like, but overall a pretty good show. Could have done with a more complete ending though.
    I agree, I wish it would of completed the ending more. But I hear, in the manga they fully end it.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    ... How is this yaoi? Don't you mean shonen??

Someone wasn't paying attention to a certain character with bells in his hair and a blinded friend...
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

It's from what I've seen a very interesting watch. I've only seen maybe six/seven episodes though.

This thread actually reminded me I need to watch the rest of it. So, well played, OP.
    Just be prepared for a non ending last episode. Never came to any real conclusion.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

:|

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Just be prepared for a non ending last episode. Never came to any real conclusion.
    I was kinda figuring that since;

What with all the talk about Babylon City (I'm on ep 46 atm) and yet how long they left it for the series to go back to anything revolving around the Limitless Fortress. I was expecting them to pull a 10-episode Hunter x Hunter on me for the last 'arc' of the series (there's some building in Hunter x Hunter that got a LOT of episodes put around it) but there's barely 4 episodes left and I guess they're probably not going to get too dramatic.

Non conclusive endings. Blargh. Makes me want to read the manga to find out what the hell happens afterwards or whatnot. :l

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

@Ranshiin Doubt it, but I hope they eventually continue the anime. Same with Pandora Hearts.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

If you read up on the series, they give an ending. I do wish they did make one for the television series, but oh well. Knowing the ending is everything.

Gil
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Maybe they were anticipating making a second series when they made the anime, or something else that prompted them to make such a rather ... well, to be blunt the ending was crap. I thought Soul Eater's was bad ... Get Backers just thrashed it to the curb.

Oh well. One can hope.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Maybe they were anticipating making a second series when they made the anime, or something else that prompted them to make such a rather ... well, to be blunt the ending was crap. I thought Soul Eater's was bad ... Get Backers just thrashed it to the curb.

Oh well. One can hope.
    Lol, told ya. Yeah, I think that was the plan and funding got cut. Though it's enough as is to take at three points off it in a ten point rating system. Which is a shame as the rest was quite enjoyable.

Junior Member Zeratool is on a distinguished road Zeratool's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-05-2012 04:58 PM
    Threads

I definitely wouldn't mind a second series. I though the second saga was a bit week but overall Getbackers was amazing. The persistent villain (the guy with the knives) is one of my favorite anime villains ever.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information