AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else been bullied at work?

Member sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2012 07:46 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Anyone else been bullied at work?

I have a problem, have had for a while... the last 6 months of my work has been absolute hell, I get blamed for everything, shouted at, talked down to infront of clients/customers, get told I've not to get a break because I don't come into work 15 minutes early?!

the worst thing is it's my boss that's doing the bullying, I have no idea what to do, I've always been a good worker, I even went out my way to take sick animals home (I work in a reptile store) after the last guy (who got sacked) screwed up and nearly killed about 3 of them, I even took a Bearded Dragon off her that she was going to put down just because he had a mangled leg (I got the vet to amputate it), then we had talked about me paying up a new vivarium for my dragon, so that I didn't need to fork out £300 at once, she told me it was okay, then today when I went to take all the stuff down she demanded a big deposit or I wasn't getting it, now my dragon (who is now needing out of his hospital tank) is stuck in this tiny little vivarium, I don't get paid till next week and she knows I would never take advantage of that, I kept a sick chameleon for over 6 months for her! paying the electricity bills etc, all I get in return is hell.

I don't know what to do, I've seen so many animals get into horrible conditions because she refuses to listen to me, I dread going to work every day and I don't know what to do

anyone else been in a similar situation?! if so, what did you do, it's not as if I can talk to her about it as it's her that's doing it

Look over there ---> Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral has a reputation beyond repute Immoral's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Hyundai Coupe Mario Bowser Shell Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2022 04:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: PrinnyBombed

Default Re: Anyone else been bullied at work?

Start looking for a new job. Hell, you could always report her to her boss.

3. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke, Eris liked this post
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

go to your boss and tell that lint-lick to suck yo Bawls! then walk out and find a new job.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

5. Dislikes marvel_phoenix disliked this post
    They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Our bosses and their sub-bosses, and their sub-bosses buttlicks always try to bully us. They're trying psychologically pressure us into submission.
    Las time I screwed up and mr. vicepresident came to (not-so-subtly) threaten to fire me, I smoked some bud beforehand, and, all high, I told him that I don't care about my screw-up or his threat.

In your case, your boss is a see here, and hasn't been dickslapped in too long a time. You shouldn't do her any favors, start yelling back, and eventually, quit leaving the largest dump you can take on her desk.
    Last edited by DOOM!; 07-21-2012 at 09:50 AM.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

7. Likes CrimsonMoon liked this post
    The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

Get in touch with your work union if you are a member of one and get them involved, that helped my mom when her boses were taking advantage of the fact that she didn't have the choice but to do what they told her to.
    Either that or as others have suggested find somewhere else to work or even better work for yourself I'm sure that there is a demand for your work out there

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

Wait one week, put the animals on her desk. Leave and search for a new job lol.

Or look into the contract that you've signed. Search for anything that has to do with the stuff she does to you. And go to the labour-union. Or whatnot. Because if you didn't sign, or agreed too this. Then this is absolutely unacceptable.

10. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Senior Member モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫's Avatar
    Gil
    Wasted
    Gifts Ouran Patch Baka Death Note
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2013 06:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: otakuforever

My Plan: "Take your boss to court and go "Phoenix Wright" on him."

Seems legit, doesn't it? ~

12. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by -Otaku Forever- View Post
    My Plan: "Take your boss to court and go "Phoenix Wright" on him."

Seems legit, doesn't it? ~

14. Likes モノクロ猫 liked this post
    how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is why I've been out of a job since around February.

Because someone at work decided he didn't like me by virtue of the simple fact that I have bad eyesight and he proceeded to start calling me names behind my back, even going as far as locking me out of my own damn workshop during the lunch break.

And then when I made one retort about it (in fairness, we got hold of a printer that had been smashed in transit and I joked that 'he did it' - I mentioned afterwards that I was kidding and that it was probably something else like something falling on top of it during transit) he came across and threatened to kill me.

My boss went to get it sorted out afterwards but the damage was done. I don't want to work somewhere where I feel threatened; I promptly stated I was 'leaving early' and they shouldn't expect me to show up on Wednesday. I managed to talk to my boss the week after on Minecraft saying I wasn't going back. He seemed disappointed about it; he let me stay on the server at least, which says enough.

I miss the place but I won't return there. I've had enough of being bullied through my childhood years; you'd think by the time people hit their twenties that they would have discovered something called 'maturity'. Obviously I've been sorely proven wrong and it's a big damn shame. :l
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

16. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke, CrimsonMoon liked this post
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post

Because someone at work decided he didn't like me by virtue of the simple fact that I have bad eyesight and he proceeded to start calling me names behind my back, even going as far as locking me out of my own damn workshop during the lunch break.

And then when I made one retort about it (in fairness, we got hold of a printer that had been smashed in transit and I joked that 'he did it' - I mentioned afterwards that I was kidding and that it was probably something else like something falling on top of it during transit) he came across and threatened to kill me.

My boss went to get it sorted out afterwards but the damage was done. I don't want to work somewhere where I feel threatened; I promptly stated I was 'leaving early' and they shouldn't expect me to show up on Wednesday. I managed to talk to my boss the week after on Minecraft saying I wasn't going back. He seemed disappointed about it; he let me stay on the server at least, which says enough.

I miss the place but I won't return there. I've had enough of being bullied through my childhood years; you'd think by the time people hit their twenties that they would have discovered something called 'maturity'. Obviously I've been sorely proven wrong and it's a big damn shame. :l
    Unfortuantly some people think that they never have to grow up and that laws and rules don't apply to them.

18. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke thanked for this post
    Likes CrimsonMoon liked this post
    Junior Member Allyria is on a distinguished road Allyria's Avatar
    Gil
    Festive
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2012 01:05 PM
    Threads

If you are working for an independent business, it might be more difficult to get her to behave properly. You might just need to leave and find a new place to work.
    That's what I had to do. My boss was a maniac. He would cuss out people, even customers. He had a gun pulled on him, actually. But anyway, he used to make me drive 50 miles to pick up stuff on craigslist on days I had off (no pay, just gas money), and was constantly pissed off at me. Like for one example, the IT tech guy told him that his computers were unreliable and he needed a different setup. When the computers crashed, it was my fault-- I was a dumb donkey who was breaking the computers...Sigh. I just ended up quitting.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Allyria View Post
    If you are working for an independent business, it might be more difficult to get her to behave properly. You might just need to leave and find a new place to work.
    That's what I had to do. My boss was a maniac. He would cuss out people, even customers. He had a gun pulled on him, actually. But anyway, he used to make me drive 50 miles to pick up stuff on craigslist on days I had off (no pay, just gas money), and was constantly pissed off at me. Like for one example, the IT tech guy told him that his computers were unreliable and he needed a different setup. When the computers crashed, it was my fault-- I was a dumb donkey who was breaking the computers...Sigh. I just ended up quitting.
    Don't blame ya for doing so

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I have a co-worker who's always like "don't do _____ because I saw someone get yelled at for doing that the other day" She'd told me that excuse to a few things I had been doing before as if I asked for her opinion. I always found it ironic how she always sees people getting yelled at in her examples but I've never saw a manager or a coordinator get in trouble once since starting, not once.... I later was talking to fellow co-workers, what I had been doing was what we were trained to do so idk what she was talking about. Or she'd mumble "better watch what you say" that one time a guest didn't listen to me and I just said to myself "or you can just continue walking" Idk she always seems stuck up and needs to act like miss perfect. The ironic thing is, we both started working on the same exact day soooooo. I elect to ignore anything she says.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

At my old job, I used to have a supervisor that would pull the whole, "You can't do this, this, or that, or I'll report you," then turn around and do what they told me not to.

Thankfully though, her superior liked me enough not to give a damn.

23. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Verbally abused, yes. I don't like how some colleagues think that they're better than me. Also, I don't like the double standard. I worked in a shop and it has a strict code that no cell phones are to be used at work. I saw my colleague with her cell all the time, though the supervisor didn't seem to care at all. Then when I play with my cell, she came up to me and gave me a verbal warning, saying that I shouldn't play with my phone. Okay.. I also don't like the duties. I feel like I'm treated like a kid. I have to mop and sweep the floor, and they don't even do that stuff. So I quit working there. Doesn't see why I should stay with unhelpful colleagues like that.

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Senior Member The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2013 05:09 PM
    I'm either in a book or I fell through the Looking Glass...
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tahmira Steam ID: Tahmira

You what's even worse? Is when a teacher does this to a student at school. I had my fourth grade teacher threaten to call the cops on me because I did refused to complete the givin asignment in class seriously she could have just givin me detention like every one els. She was one of the biggest immature wackjobs I had met in my life. So here is a list of what I would do in this situation.

1. Put a tape recorder in your desk/workplace and record his/her "threats"
    2. Put a video camera up in the class room/your work place (when nobody is there either at night or during a lunch break) only if they are needed as proof or if they are physical threats not verbal.
    3. Show them to the boss/principle.

I think that this would be the most effective way to get rid of the person who is threatening or bullying you. Of corse at time I was quite young and had no clue what was going on so I couldn't get rid of the wacko fourth grade teacher but if I could have I would have done so immediately. Although now I would probably build a robot camera to follow her every threat
    Last edited by The Ace RailGun; 07-21-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Sig Made by my self
    ~Sure you can mess with a bull just don't start bawling when you get the horns~

HugeBeetzstudio Members:
    AnimeTrek~Founder~Leader~On YouTube~Group AMV Editor
    Maximbeet~Co-Founder~On YouTube~Group AMV Editor
    SIZARY-MOMO
    OmegaOmotron

Senior Member elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa is a name known to all elisaelisa's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2013 07:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    Unfortuantly some people think that they never have to grow up and that laws and rules don't apply to them.
    Growing up or not has nothing to do with bullying. Not all kids/teenagers feel the need to bully someone either. It is a characteristic side of someone.

It sucks to hear about all these stories about being bullied at work. It is even harder if it is your boss who is doing it, because in that case you really feel as if there is nothing you can do about it. As others have suggested, seek some legal advice. It doesn't have to cost you and arm and leg. Go to some advice that is free. Workers unions, citizen advice bureau or law students who give free consultation to get experience.

Other than that, it would be great if you find some other work. I know that work is hard to come by in many countries at moment, maybe yours is one of them. I don't recommend giving in notice or leaving today unless you know that you can support urself even if u dont find a new job for a while. Therefore, if i would be you, i would take the matter and work on it now. Make a new cv, start sending it out and apply to where you would like to work.
    Eventually u find something and at same time maybe someone has also given u valid advice on how to make him pay (legally) for the way hes acting with u.
    Perfect end to the story. U tell him that ur leaving and suing him at the same time. Or if not suing then leaving anyway. If possible then immidiately. Like walking into the place in morning and telling him to stick hes work to u-know-where.

I hope things work out for u.
    I have had some instances at work like that, even in the one where i am at moment. The latest instance was not to do with bullying me for anything that i am, but bullying about how i work. I was "too fast" for people i worked with they said. They told me every day, all day, to be slower. Only cos they didnt want to work too much and wanted to go for at least 7-8 20minute breaks plus lunchtime in 8 hour shifts. Since i got all my work done and they never did, they started to come and tell me all time to slow down and go for walk, told me why i must be slower, cos then they would look bad if i can get my work done and they dont and so on. They always talked about it and pointed at me and even went as far as taking few of my instruments that i use for work and broke them, so that i would have downtime same as them.
    I didnt give a grozit. I did the work i was hired for and i did it good. All bosses were happy with me and i felt satisfaction of getting my stuff done.

I think that life has made me a strong person and due to that i no longer care of bullies because i now see them as they are. Every bully is insecure, unhappy person whos only joy is trying to make someone elses life a misery. One of best things that anyone can do against bullying is to laugh at them (truly, it sounds stupid, but its true) and chuckle saying something like "yea, whatever, dude" and carry on doing what ur doing.

In ur case as it is ur boss i know, u probably dont wanna say it. If ur boss have a boss, go and ask if u can have a word with him privately. Just tell him/her how the story is.
    If ur boss has no boss... then hes company is SO NOT worth a worker like you. Let him sink hes ship.

27. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke thanked for this post
    They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Lol, u affrid of a few threats? Hatred among colleagues comes and goes; same for sympathy, that's why I don't fraternize with anyone. The only thing that keeps us from bludgeoning eachother at work is an article of the law under our contracts that says for fighting, both sides can be fired without warning. We got cameras in all the car parks too, but if anyone has a problem with you, just state "come and get me in the back parking tonight, if you're still mad", and bring a nice blunt tool with you. Usually, their rage fades away by quitting time, but if not, I, personally, can't wait. I like a nice, quick, dirty fight.

Member sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Immoral View Post
    Start looking for a new job. Hell, you could always report her to her boss.
    unfortunately she is the big boss (it's an independent business) I have started looking for a new job, applied for a few, not many jobs around at the moment though, it's depressing !

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.LeDoom! View Post
    Our bosses and their sub-bosses, and their sub-bosses buttlicks always try to bully us. They're trying psychologically pressure us into submission.
    Las time I screwed up and mr. vicepresident came to (not-so-subtly) threaten to fire me, I smoked some bud beforehand, and, all high, I told him that I don't care about my screw-up or his threat.

In your case, your boss is a see here, and hasn't been dickslapped in too long a time. You shouldn't do her any favors, start yelling back, and eventually, quit leaving the largest dump you can take on her desk.
    I've started getting really snappy with her lately, been a few times i've ended up in the toilets crying (yes like a baby) I just get so stressed! I try to do my best and it all gets thrown back in my face!

I can't wait till I get a new job so I can tell her exactly what I think of her !

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    Get in touch with your work union if you are a member of one and get them involved, that helped my mom when her boses were taking advantage of the fact that she didn't have the choice but to do what they told her to.
    Either that or as others have suggested find somewhere else to work or even better work for yourself I'm sure that there is a demand for your work out there
    unfortunately I have no work union as It's an independent business, I've spoken to citizens advice bureau and I've started recording all the events that have taken place in work, if she tries to sack me or anything I can take her to tribunal !

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forbuki View Post
    Wait one week, put the animals on her desk. Leave and search for a new job lol.

Or look into the contract that you've signed. Search for anything that has to do with the stuff she does to you. And go to the labour-union. Or whatnot. Because if you didn't sign, or agreed too this. Then this is absolutely unacceptable.
    I couldn't do that to the animals, she doesn't listen to me at the best of times about the welfare of them, they end up sick, I end up taking them home because I can't stand watching them suffering, It's beginning to put me off working with animals, it's so stressful seeing how clueless/ignorant some folk are !

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Yeah, I'm 22 years old and my boss is in her late thirties, she's so petty and immature it is unreal!, Has to have everything her own little way, she even tried to give me half my holiday entitlement last year saying I hadn't worked enough hours for it, I told her I'd take her to court over it and she gave me them, just chancing her luck I suppose, yet I came into work today and her and the other members of staff were all in the office laughing and joking when I had about 30 bags of 15kg dog/cat food and substrates to move... I'm only 5foot tall and half the bags are bigger than me !! no help whatsoever !

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Allyria View Post
    I have been looking for new work, applied for two in veterinary hospitals, Ideally I want to start my own business but need to get the money to start off! Your boss sounds like mine, I get the blame for stuff I have supposedly "done" on my days off! how do you even explain that one?! it's so frustrating, I love working with the animals, but it's getting too much !

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I have a co-worker who's always like "don't do _____ because I saw someone get yelled at for doing that the other day" She'd told me that excuse to a few things I had been doing before as if I asked for her opinion. I always found it ironic how she always sees people getting yelled at in her examples but I've never saw a manager or a coordinator get in trouble once since starting, not once.... I later was talking to fellow co-workers, what I had been doing was what we were trained to do so idk what she was talking about. Or she'd mumble "better watch what you say" that one time a guest didn't listen to me and I just said to myself "or you can just continue walking" Idk she always seems stuck up and needs to act like miss perfect. The ironic thing is, we both started working on the same exact day soooooo. I elect to ignore anything she says.
    I have a colleague like that too, we took in a sick bearded dragon the other day that was kept in all the wrong conditions, she kept telling me to put a red heat bulb in with him (I said no because they can cause eye infections), she just wouldn't shut up, she knows nothing about reptile husbandry yet she keeps trying to tell me how to do my own job!, seriously close to losing it sometimes!! It's unbelievable how arrogant some people can be !

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonMoon View Post
    Verbally abused, yes. I don't like how some colleagues think that they're better than me. Also, I don't like the double standard. I worked in a shop and it has a strict code that no cell phones are to be used at work. I saw my colleague with her cell all the time, though the supervisor didn't seem to care at all. Then when I play with my cell, she came up to me and gave me a verbal warning, saying that I shouldn't play with my phone. Okay.. I also don't like the duties. I feel like I'm treated like a kid. I have to mop and sweep the floor, and they don't even do that stuff. So I quit working there. Doesn't see why I should stay with unhelpful colleagues like that.
    Yeah we aren't allowed to have breaks at the same time or anything, but certain members of staff always seem to "disappear" to the staffroom for 20 minutes while I'm left to cover the front of shop, If I didn't need the money I would have quit long ago I think !

30. Likes CrimsonMoon liked this post
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well at least you have the advice bureau on your side

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elisaelisa View Post
    Growing up or not has nothing to do with bullying. Not all kids/teenagers feel the need to bully someone either. It is a characteristic side of someone.

It sucks to hear about all these stories about being bullied at work. It is even harder if it is your boss who is doing it, because in that case you really feel as if there is nothing you can do about it. As others have suggested, seek some legal advice. It doesn't have to cost you and arm and leg. Go to some advice that is free. Workers unions, citizen advice bureau or law students who give free consultation to get experience.

Other than that, it would be great if you find some other work. I know that work is hard to come by in many countries at moment, maybe yours is one of them. I don't recommend giving in notice or leaving today unless you know that you can support urself even if u dont find a new job for a while.
    That's exactly what I'd say to you, @sarahc, your boss seems to be clearly over the limit for reasonable reasonability, you can't hold it forever but also might not be wise enough to quit your job without prospects to find another.
    Anyway, I hope things get better for you whatever you decide to do

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Senior Member threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2013 11:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W0LF1NN PSN ID: G0pherG0d

Can't say I have ever really been in that situation. Have had bosses that I havent gotten along with, but we have kept it business like.

Are there any other pet stores where you live that you could get in applications to. Sounds like you love working with animals, totally understand that, so do I. But well have to admit, I enjoy my money also, so do volunteer work at one of the Animal Shelters when I have time. Have always said, if I ever won the lottery or something, would go to school to work with animals.

But sounds like your in a very abusive work environment, which is not healthy to your psyche. I don't think there is anything you can do, sounds like she just enjoys the superior complex. My only real suggestion is try to find another job that lets you do the stuff you love.

I might even say talk to her about it, but afraid it might get worse, or she might try and find excuses to fire you, so not sure I would suggest it.

34. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke thanked for this post
    Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

thanks for all your advice guys
    Good News, I have an interview on the 10th August for a job with Scotrail (company that provide the trains all over Scotland), it's not working with animals but the money is better and at least I won't be getting bullied !

Quote Originally Posted by threewolves View Post
    Can't say I have ever really been in that situation. Have had bosses that I havent gotten along with, but we have kept it business like.

Are there any other pet stores where you live that you could get in applications to. Sounds like you love working with animals, totally understand that, so do I. But well have to admit, I enjoy my money also, so do volunteer work at one of the Animal Shelters when I have time. Have always said, if I ever won the lottery or something, would go to school to work with animals.

But sounds like your in a very abusive work environment, which is not healthy to your psyche. I don't think there is anything you can do, sounds like she just enjoys the superior complex. My only real suggestion is try to find another job that lets you do the stuff you love.

I might even say talk to her about it, but afraid it might get worse, or she might try and find excuses to fire you, so not sure I would suggest it.
    I do love working with animals, but the lack of care in many pet shops and seeing sick animals dumped by "customers" is pretty hurtful, I have 5 rescues at home just now, can't bring myself to rehome any, they have all become part of the family, I've been applying for loads of other jobs!

36. Thanks Thefringedninja thanked for this post
    Likes Thefringedninja liked this post
    Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

If the animals welfare is at stake I would firstly report the store to the RSPCA or an animal welfare charity. It may not make a big impact, but that what I would instinctively do. All reports are anonymous, so you wouldn't have to worry about it affecting your career.
    Then I would contact your local MP or member of the council. Again, they may not be able to do anything, but they'd probably be able to give you advice.
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Gil
    Drunk
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sarahc View Post
    I've started getting really snappy with her lately, been a few times i've ended up in the toilets crying (yes like a baby) I just get so stressed! I try to do my best and it all gets thrown back in my face!
    Hah! Last time I've ever shed a tear was 6-7 years ago, and even then, I was close-to-kaput drunk and cried cause I was told to get on the backseat by a less drunk friend who was driving!
    Stop caring for the animals so much; if she's doing it all wrong, warn her in front of everyone, or get her recorded and let her have it her way, then, if the next day the pet dies show her the proof that it her fault and warn to hoeslap her if she insists any further, with a threatening tone. Also, shun the dead/suffering animal; it shows you're soft.
    Also, don't be affraid to roll her on your fingertips just because you haven't found a backup job. If you loose your job you'll have more free time to look for another one than you did while working, which will definitely increase your chances of finding one.

Closed Thread

Thread Information