AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone else been bullied at work?

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: Anyone else been bullied at work?

Look for a better job, whilst still working for the one you have. Then when you find one, promptly give two weeks notice while still being nice and all. Don't want to burn any bridges, because the boss may leave and the place may get better. And if you return, they may base re-hiring you on how you left. Either way, being polite is the best way to go.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

2. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Member sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2012 07:46 AM
    Threads

I don't get emotional often, I've just been so stressed at work it's all been getting too much!, I wish it was as easy as just "stop caring of the animals so much" I honestly can't help it, it's the only soft point I've got I think, I just don't see any need why they should suffer, it's just unacceptable to me, I've been keeping a diary of everything that has been going on, but like I've just said I have an interview for a new job, wish me luck!, I really can't afford to not work right now, I dunno if you are from the UK or not but if we just leave our job or get sacked we don't get any financial support whatsoever !

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.LeDoom! View Post
    Hah! Last time I've ever shed a tear was 6-7 years ago, and even then, I was close-to-kaput drunk and cried cause I was told to get on the backseat by a less drunk friend who was driving!
    Stop caring for the animals so much; if she's doing it all wrong, warn her in front of everyone, or get her recorded and let her have it her way, then, if the next day the pet dies show her the proof that it her fault and warn to hoeslap her if she insists any further, with a threatening tone. Also, shun the dead/suffering animal; it shows you're soft.
    Also, don't be affraid to roll her on your fingertips just because you haven't found a backup job. If you loose your job you'll have more free time to look for another one than you did while working, which will definitely increase your chances of finding one.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

I've been job-hunting, I'm not the type of person who would burn bridges etc, I'm quite quiet really and although I am quite opinionated on some things most of the time I keep my trap shut! don't like arguments or anything!,

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Look for a better job, whilst still working for the one you have. Then when you find one, promptly give two weeks notice while still being nice and all. Don't want to burn any bridges, because the boss may leave and the place may get better. And if you return, they may base re-hiring you on how you left. Either way, being polite is the best way to go.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by sarahc View Post
    I've been job-hunting, I'm not the type of person who would burn bridges etc, I'm quite quiet really and although I am quite opinionated on some things most of the time I keep my trap shut! don't like arguments or anything!,
    Fair enough. It's just something I'm prone to say due to knowing a lot of folks that leave a place on a bad note, and get screwed quick. Politeness and professionalism through it all is the best way to go, for everyone. Good luck with the job hunt, though. Hope you get something you really like. ^.^

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2013 11:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W0LF1NN PSN ID: G0pherG0d

I do love working with animals, but the lack of care in many pet shops and seeing sick animals dumped by "customers" is pretty hurtful, I have 5 rescues at home just now, can't bring myself to rehome any, they have all become part of the family, I've been applying for loads of other jobs!
    That I totally understand. At one time I thought about trying to become an animal policeman, but well the thought of having to deal with people who were abusing animals and not doing some harm to them, kind of made me decide might not be a good career decision.

Good luck with the job interview with Scotrail. That could possibly be a very good company to get in with.

Member sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I would love to work with the SSPCA (that is who "governs" and "polices" animal cruelty in Scotland, been trying the last couple of years, just no jobs at the moment with them, I've studied animal care and herpetology at college so it's not as if i'm short on education! Dealing with people who abuse animals is difficult, we encounter them with customers believe it or not (especially with reptiles, people just don't do their research then the reps get bone diseases and calcium deficiencies! ) A guy came in with this big white german shepherd once, I ended up going into the back, Couldn't look at the dog anymore, could see it's ribs, it had a big scab/infection on it's back, and it looked like he had an ear infection too, he kept trying to run to me for cuddles, I said to the guy (who was out of his face on some drugs) if he didn't have any luck with the vets, bring him back down and I would take him, found out later he went up and got it put down, I felt awful, like I should have taken it off him at the time

Put it this way, we had Yemen Chameleons in the shop, I said to my boss there was scale rot on one of their backs, because she insisted we installed this fogger thing (which I told her not to do in the first place as it would be too humid) she ignored me n said it was a "birth defect" even though it hadn't been there since a hatchling, 3 months later she takes it to the vet, the scale rot was infected, I eventually took it home and have had it for the past 7 months, 3 different medications a day, I couldn't leave her in there, I felt so guilty coming home and thinking about it

I wonder about humanity sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by threewolves View Post
    That I totally understand. At one time I thought about trying to become an animal policeman, but well the thought of having to deal with people who were abusing animals and not doing some harm to them, kind of made me decide might not be a good career decision.

Good luck with the job interview with Scotrail. That could possibly be a very good company to get in with.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Fair enough. It's just something I'm prone to say due to knowing a lot of folks that leave a place on a bad note, and get screwed quick. Politeness and professionalism through it all is the best way to go, for everyone. Good luck with the job hunt, though. Hope you get something you really like. ^.^
    I completely agree with you though, I really can't stand rude and ignorant people, there is no need for it, my brother keeps telling me to tell her to shove her job, I'm not like that, I'll hand in my notice like i'm supposed to, do everything nice and properly, they can't hold anything against me that way!, Even if I can't get another job with animals, As long as i'm happy I don't mind, I have enough at home anyway :P

7. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I completely agree with you though, I really can't stand rude and ignorant people, there is no need for it, my brother keeps telling me to tell her to shove her job, I'm not like that, I'll hand in my notice like i'm supposed to, do everything nice and properly, they can't hold anything against me that way!, Even if I can't get another job with animals, As long as i'm happy I don't mind, I have enough at home anyway :P
    I'm glad you're not taking his advice. ^.^ lol But are there any other pet stores or vet hospitals you could apply to, seeming that the SSPCA is full?

Gil
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm glad you're not taking his advice. ^.^ lol But are there any other pet stores or vet hospitals you could apply to, seeming that the SSPCA is full?
    I'm the opposite from my brother hehe >.< , There are a few other stores I've applied to, I've also applied for a job at the PDSA Vet hospital in Glasgow and also the one in Edinburgh fingers crossed!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I'm the opposite from my brother hehe >.< , There are a few other stores I've applied to, I've also applied for a job at the PDSA Vet hospital in Glasgow and also the one in Edinburgh fingers crossed!
    That's good. Well good luck on it. I hope it works out.

11. Thanks sarahc thanked for this post
    Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke, sarahc liked this post
    Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Being polite is always the best way to go

@sarahc , "Don't go down their level", I shall say (in this case, your boss')
    And it's a shame that you're in such tough and unfair situation but with your big passion for animals and your good attitude I'm most sure you'll find your perfect job *praying for you*

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

Just started my new job today; going to have to watch out for signs of this, as with any new workplace.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

14. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Knock on wood.... no. However there is one person that I didn't really get along so well. He was basically like that with everyone besides me. During break, I was with friends outside and he was under a tree smoking. Usually, I don't laugh too easily but my friends who were with me at work really said something funny. So why not? I laughed until he made some rude comments about me. My friends exchanged out not-so-nice-words to him and vice versa. I was just a little irritated with him, made an incident report and he was fired. :'D I guess I would consider him like a bully at work, no one liked him at all because of his attitude. Oh yeah, we had a party when he left. My boss didn't like him either so he was invited to the party when he was fired. lol He was happy that someone made one last report of him doing crap.

16. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seung-li View Post
    Knock on wood.... no. However there is one person that I didn't really get along so well. He was basically like that with everyone besides me. During break, I was with friends outside and he was under a tree smoking. Usually, I don't laugh too easily but my friends who were with me at work really said something funny. So why not? I laughed until he made some rude comments about me. My friends exchanged out not-so-nice-words to him and vice versa. I was just a little irritated with him, made an incident report and he was fired. :'D I guess I would consider him like a bully at work, no one liked him at all because of his attitude. Oh yeah, we had a party when he left. My boss didn't like him either so he was invited to the party when he was fired. lol He was happy that someone made one last report of him doing crap.
    If I was there, people would think twice before hurting Seungie.

Anyways, people don't bully me....it's the last time they will do if someone dares to, especially since I am almost the boss of the operation now.

18. Thanks Meenah thanked for this post
    Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Well, I'm in my first job, and I'd say that I've had some very minor bullying. Nothing like what you've had, but still a little ridiculous.

There's also been "indirect" (for lack of a better term) bullying from people constantly making homophobic remarks. The company I work at is not supposed to tolerate that, but I'm not out, and I do live in one of the more homophobic places in the USA. So what can I do? It just makes me sad, that's all.

~Made by me~

Closed Thread

Thread Information