AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Hunger Games

Senior Member MariannaB is on a distinguished road MariannaB's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2012 11:55 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The Hunger Games

Are there any other fans of The Hunger Games out there on this forum? I am a big BIG fan of both the books and the movie and I'm just in a fandom high at the moment because another casting for Catching Fire (Second book/movie) has been announced today!!!

Yay!!!

So, any other THG fans?

Member GX7 is an unknown quantity at this point GX7's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2012 03:49 AM
    Threads

Default Re: The Hunger Games

The Catching Fire movie has been announced long before today. But yes I am a Hunger Games fan. I didn't know there were a whole lot of anime fans into THG or even HEARD of it. But that was because the staff at Mecha Talk never heard of it, they're total anime fans and the fact that since they never heard of the Hunger Games it is nothing but crap that nobody has read. Guess the joke's on them now. What with a HUNGER GAMES movie out and coming to DVD in about a month now. I guess you'll have to know what the Hunger Games is about and exactly what it is.

Sorry for ranting but yes I am a big fan of the Hunger Games. Though I am kind of not interested in writing Hunger Games fan fiction anymore.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by GX7 View Post
    The Catching Fire movie has been announced long before today. But yes I am a Hunger Games fan. I didn't know there were a whole lot of anime fans into THG or even HEARD of it. But that was because the staff at Mecha Talk never heard of it, they're total anime fans and the fact that since they never heard of the Hunger Games it is nothing but crap that nobody has read. Guess the joke's on them now. What with a HUNGER GAMES movie out and coming to DVD in about a month now. I guess you'll have to know what the Hunger Games is about and exactly what it is.

Sorry for ranting but yes I am a big fan of the Hunger Games. Though I am kind of not interested in writing Hunger Games fan fiction anymore.
    Oh I know that the movie has been announced, sorry if I wasn't clear about that. (I don't want to be thought of as some person who has just jumped on the bandwagon because the books got popular) I've been following the fandom since I read the book in 2010. I just meant I'm excited about the newest casting release, which was Wiress. I know she isn't much of a main character or anything but it still makes me happy to be hearing more about the movie coming together. I'm a very hardcore fan.

I used to write a lot of THG fanfiction but I kind of got bored of it as I branched out into reading more Dystopian novels and stuff.

Yay, I'm so glad there is another fan on here. I was kind of sad when I couldn't find a thread about the series.

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I haven't read any of Hunger Game's books but I'm looking foward to watch the movie as it's seems very interesting! (and I guess probably the books are better)

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Member Dreruto has a reputation beyond repute Dreruto has a reputation beyond repute Dreruto has a reputation beyond repute Dreruto has a reputation beyond repute Dreruto has a reputation beyond repute Dreruto has a reputation beyond repute Dreruto has a reputation beyond repute Dreruto has a reputation beyond repute Dreruto has a reputation beyond repute Dreruto has a reputation beyond repute Dreruto has a reputation beyond repute Dreruto's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2013 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dreion

I read all the books just becoz my teacher said they were good. I actually ended up liking the series

Senior Member threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2013 11:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W0LF1NN PSN ID: G0pherG0d

I have the books, friend of mine sent them to me on my kindle. haven't read them yet, but I liked the movie, and looking forward to the new one.

I figured I would like the movie, since I enjoyed BattleRoyale.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by threewolves View Post
    I have the books, friend of mine sent them to me on my kindle. haven't read them yet, but I liked the movie, and looking forward to the new one.

I figured I would like the movie, since I enjoyed BattleRoyale.
    Well I'm glad you're keeping an open mind, about BattleyRoyale. So many people refuse to watch or read The Hunger Games because they think it is a knockoff. I know that there are many similar elements but the concept that makes up both of them is something that has appeared in books/manga/movies/anime for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Luffy View Post
    I haven't read any of Hunger Game's books but I'm looking foward to watch the movie as it's seems very interesting! (and I guess probably the books are better)
    I try and think of them as two seperate things and they are both great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreruto View Post
    I read all the books just becoz my teacher said they were good. I actually ended up liking the series
    That happened to one of my friends. I on the other hand just got bugged and bugged by my best friend until I finally read them.

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MariannaB View Post
    I try and think of them as two seperate things and they are both great!!
    Thanks, I'll try to have a look of the books as well!

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Luffy View Post
    Thanks, I'll try to have a look of the books as well!
    Well they are very good But like I said, the movie is good too

The Rocker Witch Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Four Leaf Clover Watermelon
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2015 12:52 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am a huge hunger games fan. I just love the way it's written. Actually when I first started readin I didn't think I would like it but I was so wrong. The movie was amazing and I think they did a very good job in making a movie out of it.

I don't usually like to read book series but I just loved the hunger games. :]

[set by blueangel06661]

Senior Member threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yep agree, MariannaB, its not like BattleRoyale was the first to come up with the concept. I enjoyed both. If I just want slaughter, its BattleRoyale, the actual story is there, but not that in depth, The Hunger Games series has a lot more intriguing story line behind it.

Plus, the second movie for Hunger Games has to be better than the second movie for BattleRoyale.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yep agree, MariannaB, its not like BattleRoyale was the first to come up with the concept. I enjoyed both. If I just want slaughter, its BattleRoyale, the actual story is there, but not that in depth, The Hunger Games series has a lot more intriguing story line behind it.

Plus, the second movie for Hunger Games has to be better than the second movie for BattleRoyale.
    I heard that the second movie was a complete fail and it didn't look too good based on what I looked up. I think the second Hunger Games movie will be really good as the people working on the movies just kind of 'get it'. They're really in tune with what the author wants and how the book can best be translated on screen.

13. Likes threewolves liked this post
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yep, totally agree with you. Should be really good, and I am liking some of the new cast they have for the second one.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yep, totally agree with you. Should be really good, and I am liking some of the new cast they have for the second one.
    It was really interesting when they were casting the first movie. Even if they just cast a minor character it is BIG news and the fans like me care so much even if they don't do anything substantial in the movie apart from dying and things like that.

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2015 05:42 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

Ha..read all 3 books and saw the movie on opening night. Im curious to see who will play Finnick Odair...but I thought Mila Kunis would make an awesome Johanna Mason...Jenna Malone...could be worse...but I can't see her playing that "victim" role and then going all psycho.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
    Ha..read all 3 books and saw the movie on opening night. Im curious to see who will play Finnick Odair...but I thought Mila Kunis would make an awesome Johanna Mason...Jenna Malone...could be worse...but I can't see her playing that "victim" role and then going all psycho.
    I went to a Midnight Screening It was just awesome to be one of the first people in the world (sort of) to see it. I can't wait to know who will play Finnick. I'm kind of interested in Jenna Malone, but then again I've watched Sucker Punch and that kind of sold me on her.

AFs Cutest Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2019 09:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GX7 View Post
    know there were a whole lot of anime fans into THG or even HEARD of it. .

think almost everyone who lives in america otaku or not knows. but I love hg FINNNICK <3 <3
    hella

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I hope Michelle Rodriquez will get the roll of Enobaria in the film version of Catching Fire. I also admit that I never seen either Battle Royal movies. I now think I will never intend to watch them. Because from what I've been reading here. Is that Battle Royal is one big gore fest. The story is there but it focuses more on the violence. Rather than the story like in Hunger Games.

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MariannaB View Post
    I went to a Midnight Screening It was just awesome to be one of the first people in the world (sort of) to see it. I can't wait to know who will play Finnick. I'm kind of interested in Jenna Malone, but then again I've watched Sucker Punch and that kind of sold me on her.
    Well, Im hoping Garret Hedlund gets the Finnick part. Yeah, saw it Thursday/Friday at midnight too. Have preordered the blu-ray dvd, Gary Ross sucks at editing his movies...so with very little extras its a bit disappointing. Really, interested in how they're doing the new arena.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, Im hoping Garret Hedlund gets the Finnick part. Yeah, saw it Thursday/Friday at midnight too. Have preordered the blu-ray dvd, Gary Ross sucks at editing his movies...so with very little extras its a bit disappointing. Really, interested in how they're doing the new arena.
    So do I!!! He would be perfect for Finnick. And I can't wait for the arena either. I'm sad that there aren't any deleated scenes or anything, because there was meant to be like a whole 30 minutes cut out of the movie.

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MariannaB:2696962
    So do I!!! He would be perfect for Finnick. And I can't wait for the arena either. I'm sad that there aren't any deleated scenes or anything, because there was meant to be like a whole 30 minutes cut out of the movie.
    Well, Im waiting to see Plutarch played by Philip Seymour Hoffman. I dunno how they are getting these actors, but its going to be good. If you liked H.G. you should try "Insurgent".

~Neko Neko Neko~ KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls has a reputation beyond repute KyouFalls's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Cookie Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I know you guys are talking about casting and all but, I'm a THG Fan. Read the 1st book and 2nd, Still reading the third. Saw the movie when it came out, Couldn't go to the midnight screening cause i would most likely fall asleep.
    Last edited by KyouFalls; 07-19-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, Im waiting to see Plutarch played by Philip Seymour Hoffman. I dunno how they are getting these actors, but its going to be good. If you liked H.G. you should try "Insurgent".
    Oh my god I love the Divergent/Insurgent series That's going to be a movie and is getting released next year. The casting for that should be annouced soon.

Junior Member susonjoy is on a distinguished road susonjoy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2012 06:33 AM
    Threads

I really love the hunger games, which are very interesting because its a American fiction film. The characters. graphics , and the audio used in this film are really amazing where everyone will get attracted to it. I love this and big fan of this hunger games.

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I just checked Mockingjay.Net and Jena Malone has been officially cast as Johanna Mason!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information