AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help naming an anime series

Junior Member vehz is on a distinguished road vehz's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2012 03:15 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Need help naming an anime series

hi i really need help naming this anime that i watched years ago. i completely forgot as i was around 10 or 11 at the time. i hope you guys can help me if i describe some aspects of the anime that i remember.

plot:
    a spaceship is travelling through space which contain mechs that members on the ship use for combat. the logo of the spaceship is some kind of a red spiral?

characters:
    main character is if i remember correctly, a cooking chief in training on the spaceship, he has medium length hair and later on he discovers his natural talent for fighting in the mech suits. the mech suits are powered on by using the palm of their hands onto a round control panel which connects the individual to the suit. he was born on mars and some sort of trajedy occured to his family. the spaceship captain is a blue haired lady whom apparently used to be childhood friends with the protaganist. i also remember a lolita like character who is perhaps second in command of the ship. she is petite and almost never shows emotions as if like a robot. also from what i watched up to, there was a love triangle between the captain the lolita chick and someone else.

i hope anyone knowledgable is able to help me name this anime series. i think it was the first anime i have ever watched and it would be great to watch it again after all these years. thanks in advance!
    Last edited by vehz; 07-17-2012 at 05:57 AM.

Member Steven21088 will become famous soon enough Steven21088 will become famous soon enough Steven21088's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Lighter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2014 09:33 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Lenny21088

Default Re: Need help naming an anime series

It does sound a little like the Zone Of The Enders Anime but I am not entirely sure.

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

thanks for quick reply steven. i just looked up that series along with the art and story but didn't match with my memory. thanks for your input though!

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cookie Paperclip Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2014 03:05 AM
    Just down from the House of Crosses in Alabama.
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Maybe Eureka 7? Do any of these mechs/ships match? http://www.mahq.net/mecha/eureka7/eureka7.htm
    Though it could possibly be Martian Successor Nadesico. http://www.mahq.net/animation/nadesico/nadesico.htm
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

Senior Member The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2013 05:09 PM
    I'm either in a book or I fell through the Looking Glass...
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tahmira Steam ID: Tahmira

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Maybe Eureka 7? Do any of these mechs/ships match? http://www.mahq.net/mecha/eureka7/eureka7.htm
    Though it could possibly be Martian Successor Nadesico. http://www.mahq.net/animation/nadesico/nadesico.htm
    When saw the des. saying one of the characters was a blue haired woman I thought that as well but then I also remembered Midori(or was it chidori) from Full Metal Panic and @vehz the part with the cooking chief (do you mean enginiering chief?) doesn't sound like E7 or Nadessco at all and sounds more like FMP or it could also be Macross or Gundum 00. Did the woman have more of a turquoise blue hair or a dark blue? Also does the name gekkostate sound familiar? Also one more thing was the Anime bright and colorful or more dark and serious?
    Last edited by The Ace RailGun; 07-17-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeTrek View Post
    When saw the des. saying one of the characters was a blue haired woman I thought that as well but then I also remembered Midori(or was it chidori) from Full Metal Panic and @vehz the part with the cooking chief (do you mean enginiering chief?) doesn't sound like E7 or Nadessco at all and sounds more like FMP or it could also be Macross or Gundum 00. Did the woman have more of a turquoise blue hair or a dark blue? Also does the name gekkostate sound familiar? Also one more thing was the Anime bright and colorful or more dark and serious?
    Yea I'm thinking it's more Nadesico, because
    "Akito Tenkawa, a Martian refugee who wants nothing more than to become a cook, and the slightly oddball crew of the privately-funded high mobile battleship" and one of the characters is "petite and almost never shows emotions as if like a robot". Also "Yurika is the beautiful but ditzy captain of the Nadesico and childhood friend of Akito Tenkawa. Though he considers her crazy, Yurika has romantic feelings for him, and the two later get married. Yurika is shown to be very scatterbrained at times, misinterpreting comments made by others as words of inspiration and devotion, and forgetting or twisting events from her and Akito's childhood." from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ico_characters So I'm betting it's Nadesico.

Senior Member The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yea I'm thinking it's more Nadesico, because
    "Akito Tenkawa, a Martian refugee who wants nothing more than to become a cook, and the slightly oddball crew of the privately-funded high mobile battleship" and one of the characters is "petite and almost never shows emotions as if like a robot". Also "Yurika is the beautiful but ditzy captain of the Nadesico and childhood friend of Akito Tenkawa. Though he considers her crazy, Yurika has romantic feelings for him, and the two later get married. Yurika is shown to be very scatterbrained at times, misinterpreting comments made by others as words of inspiration and devotion, and forgetting or twisting events from her and Akito's childhood." from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ico_characters So I'm betting it's Nadesico.
    Wait you mean the nadessco series? Oh I was thinking about the movie prince of darkness but yeah your right it could be the series as well :P but I don't think there are any blue haired characters in nadessco or are there hmm it's been so long since I've seen the nadessco series Ahh nostalgia lol @vehz but yeah try nadessco it would most likely be the one you are looking for as DeathBlade/13.666 had said in the last post.
    Last edited by The Ace RailGun; 07-17-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeTrek View Post
    but I don't think there are any blue haired characters in nadessco or are there hmm it's been so long since I've seen the nadessco series Ahh nostalgia lol
    Yep there's one! http://www.animegalleries.net/img/63456 Yurika Misumaru, the Captain.

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yep there's one! http://www.animegalleries.net/img/63456 Yurika Misumaru, the Captain.
    I completely forgot about her lol I guess I really do need to re-watch it :P

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

NADESICO YES THANKS SO MUCH GUYS! the instant i saw that name it clicked. greatly appreciate the help!

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

watching it now.. it feels so amazing re experiencing something i've watched over 10 years ago. i didn't get any of the mature themes and jokes when i was 10 lmao. thanks again! =b

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information