AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: New Wallpaper

Junior Member madeinnewyork87 is on a distinguished road madeinnewyork87's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2012 04:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SLiGunner

Default New Wallpaper

So.. What do you all think? Is this good enough to submit?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	goku.jpg‎
Views:	87
Size:	878.9 KB
ID:	64647  

Senior Member threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2013 11:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W0LF1NN PSN ID: G0pherG0d

Default Re: New Wallpaper

I like it. I would submit it. Even if it doesnt win, and you get critiques as long as they are good ones and you can learn from them, its all good.

3. Thanks madeinnewyork87 thanked for this post
    Likes madeinnewyork87 liked this post
    Junior Member madeinnewyork87 is on a distinguished road madeinnewyork87's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Here is my old wallpaper I submitted 7 years ago.
    http://www.animewallpapers.com/wallp...hp?sort=rating

It hit top rated and held it for 7 years now. So I made this one for the fans, I want to give you guys a new version in 1080P with a different color scheme.

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Both walpapers are nice but prefer the last one, colours are better

And btw I see that you registered a long time ago but as this were your first two post I welcome you to AF

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

6. Thanks madeinnewyork87 thanked for this post
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Thank you, what do you mean by the last one? Do you mean the bigger(newer) wallpaper or my older one?

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by madeinnewyork87 View Post
    Thank you, what do you mean by the last one? Do you mean the bigger(newer) wallpaper or my older one?
    Sorry, guess it confused you :P
    I was talking of the older one. Any more walpaper you have done to post?

9. Thanks madeinnewyork87 thanked for this post
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Ill post them as i find them, thanks for your input, Im gonna tweak the colors around

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ill post them as i find them, thanks for your input, Im gonna tweak the colors around
    Looking foward to that

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Re: Animewallpapers.com Submission declined
    So? I personally dont like that wallpaper either. All you did was take an image of Goku and use the Wave filter on it. You need to do a little more than just one filter. You should also try centering the image of him too.
    So if this dude doesn't personally like my work he declines it.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

You think he will reject this one?

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

1. First wallpaper: Major quality issues. It's boring, we already have another one by you using the same exact stock from 7 years ago. The darkened edges are distracting and a horrible choice. You instantly killed your paper by doing that. The yellows and reds are horrible color combination. Text? It sticks out like a sore thumb, Either make it blend or don't use text at all on your wallpaper, it doesn't need it. People have tons of text on their desktop via. files. You don't need to add more.

2. Second wallpaper: ... Uh, yay.. you made the entire area around the stock dark with splashes of red. Yay?....

.........You need practice before getting your papers up to the right quality. Start working on signatures, less space to deal with and THEN move to wallpapers. You have too much negative space and you don't know how to properly fill it yet.

Stop whining, suck it up. Move on.
    You can whine when someone of skill tells you your works are not that great. Or you can say okay and practice and get better. BTW pro tip: Don't listen to people who do not do GFX if you want to gauge how good/bad your work is. If it's great. They'll say they can do better. If it sucks, they'll tell you it's amazing. And it's not.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

15. Thanks madeinnewyork87 thanked for this post
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

how about this one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	goku3.jpg‎
Views:	39
Size:	525.5 KB
ID:	64656  

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hm, too dark I think and the colours are kinda blurred, still prefer the older one (2nd you posted)

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

it defiantly is a bit too dark, I didn't realize how dark it looks on other computers till i got to work

what does it look like when Goku hits you with a kamehameha blast? that's what I'm aiming for. I want to remake the old one i made, so that it fits today's standards as far as screen resolution (1080P)

I'll keep working at it for you guys

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

it defiantly is a bit too dark, I didn't realize how dark it looks on other computers till i got to work

what does it look like when Goku hits you with a kamehameha blast? that's what I'm aiming for. I want to remake the old one i made, so that it fits today's standards as far as screen resolution (1080P)

I'll keep working at it for you guys
    I guess it looks like you're about to die xD

Good luck for it, hope that the final result comes out really nice

20. Thanks madeinnewyork87 thanked for this post
    Likes madeinnewyork87 liked this post
    Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Here's what both wallpapers look like on my desktop:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	516.6 KB
ID:	64759Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	669.5 KB
ID:	64760

Lets start with the obvious, stop using the same render for everything. Its boring.

Lets start with the red wallpaper. You have too much negative space, you just have one thing to look at. You are also using a PS filter to distort and reduce the quality of the image (the charcoal filter). Please dont do that. I would reject your wallpaper on that basis alone, if the stock is too blurry, out of focus, or is hard to distinguish, then its not a very good wallpaper.

Goku is small, out of the way, hanging on the bottom, why not center him? Why not use more effects to bring this wallpaper from simple to good? Why is your watermark in the top right and not the bottom of the wallpaper? Why did you pick such unreadable text for your watermark? Why are you using he color red?

Next wallpaper, again, is the same wallpaper you submitted just with a little black brushing over it. This does not fix the lighting problem, this is LAZINESS. There's probably a hundred ways to tinker with lighting in PS, and you choose the way that offers the least amount of quality. Looking at my desktop, it almost seems as though my monitor is broken.

And again, you are using a simple PS filter mechanic to create this wallpaper, most likely the Pinch filter. Again, a one filter option is not a good solution. I want to see you put in some effort.

As for some of your other comments, we arent running the same AW as we were 7 years ago. New people, better wallpapers, more design effort. I dont care if your wallpaper is top rated on the basis of how it was 7 years ago, there's plenty of wallpapers that look like yours, some better:

http://www.animewallpapers.com/wallp...in/full_82.php
    http://www.animewallpapers.com/game/final7/full_3.php
    http://www.animewallpapers.com/wallp...kon/full_1.php

Here's what I would suggest you do to improve. Go out and find more extractions of anime renders, stop using Photoshop filters, read tutorials on lighting and depth, make signatures, download more readable fonts, investigate 'styles' such as smudging and C4Ds. All of these things you can not only get, you can get for free, some of them right on this very board. You just need to practice more.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

there is NO charcoal effects. i refuse to read the rest of your post mr.mod

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

there is NO charcoal effects. i refuse to read the rest of your post mr.mod
    Then please do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. As it stands, I don't see them ever getting accepted. Listen, he knows what he's talking about and is more skilled than you, I, and anyone else on this entire board. Your foolishness doesn't cut it, mine sure didn't. Your wallpapers are NOT up to todays standards. And even if there isn't any charcoal effects, what ever you did didn't do you any favors regardless of what effect it was or not since whatever you happened to do made it look bad.

If you REFUSE to read anything that might just help you then you'll never get any better and you'll be stuck with skills from 2007. Please do us a favor and just go submit to animepaper.net for a second opinion and see how that goes for you. Because THEN you may come back apologize to serated for your foolishness since he's just doing his job and is even TRYING to give you reasonable advice. Then you can accept that your skills are outdated and start improving with todays times and standards.

Thank You.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 07-12-2012 at 09:22 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    he's just doing his job and is even TRYING to give you reasonable advice.
    theres a difference between advice and criticism. YOU, my dear, are not giving me any advice. Your work is AMAZING. But your attitude? is hanging off of some tramps ball hair. no offense but im sure your sweat as candy in person but as a mod YOU SUCK

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

theres a difference between advice and criticism. YOU, my dear, are not giving me any advice. Your work is AMAZING. But your attitude? is hanging off of some tramps ball hair. no offense but im sure your sweat as candy in person but as a mod YOU SUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    1. First wallpaper: Major quality issues. It's boring, we already have another one by you using the same exact stock from 7 years ago. The darkened edges are distracting and a horrible choice. You instantly killed your paper by doing that. The yellows and reds are horrible color combination. Text? It sticks out like a sore thumb, Either make it blend or don't use text at all on your wallpaper, it doesn't need it. People have tons of text on their desktop via. files. You don't need to add more.

2. Second wallpaper: ... Uh, yay.. you made the entire area around the stock dark with splashes of red. Yay?....

.........You need practice before getting your papers up to the right quality.
    Start working on signatures, less space to deal with and THEN move to wallpapers. You have too much negative space and you don't know how to properly fill it yet.

Stop whining, suck it up. Move on.
    You can whine when someone of skill tells you your works are not that great. Or you can say okay and practice and get better. BTW pro tip:
    Don't listen to people who do not do GFX if you want to gauge how good/bad your work is. If it's great. They'll say they can do better. If it sucks, they'll tell you it's amazing. And it's not.

You were saying...? I'm sorry, but I'm not going to waste my time giving you advice if you don't want the criticism that comes with it. I'm all for balancing out advice and criticism. HOWEVER you are not exempt from being criticized, because that's one of the things that come with doing GFX and other art things. It's something EVERYONE in this field goes through. I go through criticism of my works nearly daily. It's how we get better. As a former art student. It's life.

P.S. I fail to see the link between criticizing your poor wallpapers and modding abilities. Sort of two different things.

Last edited by blueangel06661; 07-12-2012 at 10:55 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

This is not a forum for advice, also, your first post DOES NOT ask us for advice, you asked us what we thought, and we have told you what we thought. If you didnt want to know, you shouldnt have asked. We arent here to hold your hand every step of the way, we also arent here to be particularly nice to every single person.

And, I did give you advice:

Here's what I would suggest you do to improve. Go out and find more extractions of anime renders, stop using Photoshop filters, read tutorials on lighting and depth, make signatures, download more readable fonts, investigate 'styles' such as smudging and C4Ds. All of these things you can not only get, you can get for free, some of them right on this very board. You just need to practice more.
    Start practicing. You need to work, and arent going to reward you if you dont. I typically spend about 5 to 20 hours on a wallpaper depending on what it is and you should too. Otherwise, you will be left behind.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Do me a favor, stop posting on this thread. I don't want your criticism, opinions or advise.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Do me a favor, stop posting on this thread. I don't want your criticism, opinions or advise.
    Very well. As request of the author, I'll call someone in to have your thread locked.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Then I guess this thread serves no purpose.

Closing.

Closed Thread

Thread Information