AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite FPS

Senior Member Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Shuriken Systems PS3 Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2014 11:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Explorer Oak

Default Favorite FPS

There's a surplus of First Person Shooters out there, more so these days. Which on is your favorite, and what makes that FPS better ( In your opinion ) then the thousands of others.

Here's a list of some old & polular titles to jog your memory.

-Duke nukem
    -Quake
    -Call of duty (1,2, 3, 4, blah blah blah, etc etc...)
    -Medal of honour
    -Halo (1, 2, 3, ODST, Reach)
    -Rainbow six vegas
    -Ghost recon future soldier
    -Battlefield (1, 2, 3, Bad company 1, 2)
    -Golden eye

Certainly not limited to these. ^

My favorite FPS is Battlefield ( Series ) because of its teamwork and role play aspect that most FPS games just can't satisfy.
    My runner up would be the Halo series. They made my childhood fulfilled. :3

So now i want to hear from you guys, thanks for participating!

<3 Oak.
    Explorer Oak ~ Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's seed, that held its ground. Never give up!

Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 06:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Default Re: Favorite FPS

Considering it's really the only FPS I play regularly and enjoy, Halo. Cautiously looking forward to the next game from 343i in November.

Halo has been carefully presented with a simple obvious plot, consisting largely of "Kill the bad aliens!" but also contains a bizarrely large plot, literally spanning a few million years all said and done. Bungie were masters of burying the more interesting story in out-of-the-way places, and it let casual players and sci-fi/fantasy nerds alike enjoy the experience. (Reach failed to do this as the earlier games did, and for that it's my least favorite.)

Beyond that, I've never played another shooter on a console that let you explore so much as did CE and, to a lesser extent, 2 and ODST. (I love jumping around in Old Mombasa in Halo 2 until I get on top of the buildings. It's a whole different level if you play it from up there instead of down on the street. )

3. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2013 05:09 PM
    I'm either in a book or I fell through the Looking Glass...
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tahmira Steam ID: Tahmira

My top 2 Mac ones are nexuis and über strike and console wise probably the portal series (not really sure if that counts) and valkyria chronicles as well as the metal gear series and the very first Halo.

5. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Cheshire Cat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2012 10:52 PM
    Threads

CoD is generally really tight controls but obnoxious people play it to infuriating degrees of bs.
    The new Medal of Honor I liked and hopefully War fighter keeps it up.
    Battlefield is good but when it is only snipers and vehicles it pisses me off.
    Duke Nukem is just funny as hell and a classic just like Doom and Golden Eye even though I like Perfect Dark better.
    Overall my favorite would have to be Call of Duty 2 because it felt most balanced.

7. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Radish Clannad Botan Yellow Orb
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2013 12:53 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeTrek:2692168
    My top 2 Mac ones are nexuis and über strike and console wise probably the portal series (not really sure if that counts) and valkyria chronicles as well as the metal gear series and the very first Halo.

But valkriya isn't 1st person :o (it IS amazing though)

My favourite is the timesplitter series

9. Likes The Ace RailGun, Explorer Oak liked this post
    Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Call of Duty 2

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

11. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on the PC

Never found a game where people get that fast fustrated xD

13. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Orange Ribbon Gurren Gurren Dan Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2016 11:57 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Venocide EMS PSN ID: ARKphoenix Steam ID: kronicx

Borderlands.

Amazing game! I am fond of the Halo series as well.

15. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Junior Member SuperDrew is on a distinguished road SuperDrew's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2012 12:53 PM
    Threads

Am I the only one who likes TF2?

17. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Forbuki View Post
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on the PC

Never found a game where people get that fast fustrated xD
    ... SO much rage on that game...

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ARKphoenix View Post
    Borderlands.

Amazing game! I am fond of the Halo series as well.
    Love border lands! ^.^ I need to get that game again...
    Explorer Oak ~ Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's seed, that held its ground. Never give up!

19. Likes Mystelinth liked this post
    Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer Oak View Post
    ... SO much rage on that game...[COLOR="Silver"]
    Lol no kidding right xD with all the teamspeak they're just badmouthing the wholde time lmao

21. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Forbuki View Post
    Lol no kidding right xD with all the teamspeak they're just badmouthing the wholde time lmao
    "Fck you fckin camper fckIng dck fggot doosh fck fkcer!"
    "im not camping youfcking fggot btch doosh fck fcker fggot!"
    "i shot u a bazillion timez you fcker fggot fck face fker!"
    "umad bro? Why u so ma-aaah fck! You fcking fggot fck fck fck fck!"

-Call of duty players

23. Likes The Ace RailGun, Mystelinth liked this post
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer Oak View Post
    "Fck you fckin camper fckIng dck fggot doosh fck fkcer!"
    "im not camping youfcking fggot btch doosh fck fcker fggot!"
    "i shot u a bazillion timez you fcker fggot fck face fker!"
    "umad bro? Why u so ma-aaah fck! You fcking fggot fck fck fck fck!"

-Call of duty players

LMAO, yeah totally XD also, a few other common phrases on MW 2

"Noob quickscoper"
    "Get a life fggot"
    "Claymore pssy"
    "UMP noob"
    "Noob"
    "Sniper camper"
    "LMG noob"

And there are many many maaany more xD

25. Likes The Ace RailGun, Explorer Oak liked this post
    Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Halo. It's the first fps I've played and been a casual fan since.

27. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith has a reputation beyond repute Sadrith's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Cheshire Cat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Call of duty I think was created by the devil to bring out the worst in us all.

Senior Member ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Orange Ribbon Gurren Gurren Dan Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2016 11:57 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Venocide EMS PSN ID: ARKphoenix Steam ID: kronicx

I tend to avoid CoD games like the plague, thing is all my mates play CoD so I eventually end up getting it for myself in the end.

30. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sadrith View Post
    Call of duty I think was created by the devil to bring out the worst in us all.
    You'd be correct friend.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ARKphoenix View Post
    I tend to avoid CoD games like the plague, thing is all my mates play CoD so I eventually end up getting it for myself in the end.
    Ok guys, here's the deal... As much as i would love to talk crap about COD until i die from a 10yo COD fan boy quikscoping me in real life, lets just stick to our Favorite FPSs.

And in all honesty, i love Call of duty, they're fun games. But there just such a joke these days ( Horses 3arc? Fkin realy?) it's hard not to crack jokes about there many flaws.

So yeh, that's all. ^.^

Senior Member threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2013 11:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W0LF1NN PSN ID: G0pherG0d

Favorite all time, I would say was Call of Duty - World at War. Was just a lot of fun. I enjoy the Modern Warfare series, and log a few hours on them, but I still enjoyed the World at War series the most.

33. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun has a brilliant future The Ace RailGun's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2013 05:09 PM
    I'm either in a book or I fell through the Looking Glass...
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tahmira Steam ID: Tahmira

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDrew View Post
    Am I the only one who likes TF2?
    Nope I like that one to...or until it got kind of boring :P

35. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Cheshire Cat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Anyone play Day of Defeat Source it is one of those games that is either fun or not.

Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sadrith View Post
    Anyone play Day of Defeat Source it is one of those games that is either fun or not.
    Can't say i have man, perhaps sombody else.

Senior Member ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Hat Pocket Watch Blackjack
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2015 11:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: redsupersonicninja

Doom 1 & 2
    Quake 2
    Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast (It's got FPS elements in it shut up!)
    Call of Duty 4 (2 and 4 are the only ones I enjoy)

39. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo has a reputation beyond repute Rylingo's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Pocky
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2013 06:15 PM
    Threads

CoD4 is the pinnacle of that series IMO. Loved it on the playstation. Loved it more on the Wii (i prefer the controls).
    Goldeneye was genius as was Timesplitters 2. RIP Free Radical.

41. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Rylingo View Post
    CoD4 is the pinnacle of that series IMO. Loved it on the playstation. Loved it more on the Wii (i prefer the controls).
    Goldeneye was genius as was Timesplitters 2. RIP Free Radical.
    Completely agree, Call of Duty was a great game and still is. Hell i played it yesterday. My favorite Call of Duty next to MW2.

Senior Member BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2013 05:02 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ask me for it Steam ID: askmeforit

This thread has garnered an awful lot of replies without a mention of Half-Life 2. Easily my favorite FPS to date.

Other favorites: Doom II, Left 4 Dead 2, Team Fortress 2, TimeSplitters 2. I'm also fond of Deus Ex, though I don't think it's aged well.

Other first-person games I enjoy that I don't consider shooters: Portal, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Metroid Prime.
    Get some exercise this summer and raise money to fight disease. Find a free charity walk in your area:
    AIDS Walk | Walk to Defeat ALS | Walk MS | Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
    Light The Night for Leukemia & Lymphona | Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis

44. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information