AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it just me............?

Member Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Gir Kill Bill Helmet Sheep
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2013 04:58 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Question Is it just me............?

Is it just me or do the characters in bleach often do things that are completely out of character?

For instance Uryu hates Mayuri because he is responsible for the death of his grandfather. But during the Arrancar Arc he doesn't even mention it and instead of hate treats him with a general dislike.

There is also Kenpachi who despite the fact that he is obsessed with fighting tough opponents doesn't regularly challenge the other captains. It just seems too convenient that he seems to remember that he is a battle obsessed psychopath when fighting anything other than a shinigami.

What are your thoughts on this subject?
    Can you think of any other examples of this?

Senior Member AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Systems N64 Hello Kitty Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2013 10:56 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Is it just me............?

Quote Originally Posted by Darksocks View Post
    Is it just me or do the characters in bleach often do things that are completely out of character?

For instance Uryu hates Mayuri because he is responsible for the death of his grandfather. But during the Arrancar Arc he doesn't even mention it and instead of hate treats him with a general dislike.

There is also Kenpachi who despite the fact that he is obsessed with fighting tough opponents doesn't regularly challenge the other captains. It just seems too convenient that he seems to remember that he is a battle obsessed psychopath when fighting anything other than a shinigami.

What are your thoughts on this subject?
    Can you think of any other examples of this?
    I think, yes, Kenpachi is a bit obsessed with fighting but it does not consume his very being. He's not just a battle crazed moron who spends every waking minute thinking "Who can I challenge and kill today?" He is more interested in the strongest opponent not just everyone there is. His main interest is fighting Ichigo and more recently Unohana

aka Yachiru Kenpachi she was the original Kenpachi (the name given to the strongest warrior in the soul society or something along that lines) He was also heartbroken (I use this term loosely) when he saw that through his own power he had killed her/almost killed her (still no proof whether she is alive or not) because he had always looked up to her.
    Everyone else is either weak in his opinion or just not worth his time. Keep in mind that if they are not an enemy he only wants to fight the strongest or those with the most potential.

As for Uryu. I think different situations call for compromise. In the battle with Szayel Apporo, Uryu, was literally at death's door along with Renji, if it weren't for Mayuri showing up to finish the battle and ultimately kill off Szayel, they would have died. Also, keep in mind that character's change over time, there is always room for character development and I think Uryu showed a great deal of it between when he entered the Soul Society and when he went to Hueco Mundo to rescue Orihime along with the others. Though I doubt he any anyway likes Mayuri now, in fact, during the Gotei 13 Invading Army arc (anime only filler) he says to Kageroza, "It seems you aren't to fond of that scientist (Mayuri). What a shame. If we weren't enemies, I think we could have gotten along." Which means he still has a hatred of Mayuri but he's not losing his mind over it, he's keeping composure. At least those are my thoughts on this subject.

All-in-all, instead of inconsistency, I see it as character development.
    Last edited by AshureeChan; 07-09-2013 at 11:23 PM.

|Social Media Links|

"Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something."

Member Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks has a reputation beyond repute Darksocks's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Gir Kill Bill Helmet Sheep
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2013 04:58 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Is it just me............?

First of all thanks for replying to the thread. I had thought it had died a few months ago. tbh i kind of regreted submitting the thread. it seems like i am just nit picking.

I get that Kenpachi only wants to fight strong opponents but that doesn't explain why he doesn't fight Head Captain Yamamoto who is supposed to be the strongest of all the Captains.

As for Uryu i understand why he accepted mayuri's help as his life was in danger but he doesn't THAT troubled by it considering he killed his grandfather in unspeakable ways to further his vague research.

but it is a weekly comic with a lot of great action so i shall let it go.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information