AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Thread: The 'learn something along the way' contest!

Threaded View

Creative mind Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2013 01:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default The 'learn something along the way' contest!

I find that there are a lot of talented artists out here on AF that don't get to show their fullest potential. Remember when some of you suddenly had a muse and you suddenly made something so great that you just had to share it with AF? I'm here hoping to revive that and make it into something constant with this contest.

In this contest there will be 3 big rounds. Winner will get a special painting I personally made for you on request (it can be ANYTHING) and shipped to you, for free of course!

Because I want to you to learn something through out this contest, I will be doing three rounds:

Round 1: Drawing.

What is it?
    • This can be a drawing of any size.
    • Can be digital if you want it to be
    • Be original when you get the theme
    • No colours, no digital painting, just a basic pencil drawing

Round 2: Drawing or painting

What is it?
    • This can be a drawing or a painting of any size.
    • Can be digital if you want it to be
    • Colours are allowed on the drawings. You can use any kind of paint and you can use any kind of technique you want.

Round 3: Drawing, painting or sculpting
    What is it?
    • This can be a drawing, painting or sculpture of any size.
    • Can be digital if you want it to be (only for painting and drawing)
    • For sculptures you can use anything, going from clay, cans, bottles even to Origami.

Q&A

Q: Why are there 3 rounds?
    A: Like I said, I want you to learn something. So many talented people here, and it's not always used to its fullest potential. Each round I will make my criteria more difficult.
    With each round I will put help links that can help you on your way. Ever wanted to learn how to paint but never really knew where to start? Follow the links I'll be posting to learn a bit. This way you'll not only try something new and expand you horizon, but you'll also learn something new!

Q: Who will be judging?
    A: Me and 2 other judges.

Q: How exactly will we be judged and on what?
    A: You will be judged on: Originality (what you made), The idea behind your work (expression) and the execution (technique).

So you could have a really bad drawing, but your idea behind it could be so epic you could win!

Q: So I can draw, paint or sculpt anything I want?
    A: Yes. It is my intention to give you a free theme and hoping you'll dig deep into you mind to come up with something....interesting!

Q: Will I get more points if I do a sculpture or painting over a drawing?
    A: Yes! But remember: if your execution or expression is bad, you'll lose points.

Q: How much time will we get?
    A: Two full weeks (14 days). After each round the judges will take 3 days to judge. On the 4th day the winners will be announced. If you win, you can proceed to the next round. We'll list the names of the winners.

Q: How many people can/will join?
    A: As many as AF can shoot at me.

Q: How will you decide the amount of winners then?
    A: We will choose the top 10 for the first round. For the second round a top 3 and for the last one, there can be only one.

If there are any questions, fire away.

If you want to join, write: "I want to join!" or something along those lines.

Registration ends on the 4th of July!
    Last edited by Mr. Panda; 06-28-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    Not everything is black and white like that.

Thread Information