AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Taste of Mint

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default The Taste of Mint

Note: I'm actually surprised by the rate I've been writing. So much inspiration. Though this one felt a little strained. As another note on it, the inspiration for this was quite... Interesting.

The righteous tasted mint
    And caressed their putrid gold
    As every shimmer and twinkle laid,
    Their greed upon the forms-
    In a flag which they would fold

Upon the caskets of the forsaken
    The heroes of our modern world
    And laid unto the families' hands,
    A fabric of the colors-
    Which they praise as they unfurl

A masquerade of the caring
    When they only care for hues
    Which shine in light so divine,
    A question of their morality-
    As they stand tall at the pews

This hilarious hypocrisy
    Which we all seem to believe
    Has brought us to the point,
    Where we cannot seem to cleave;
    The difference between-
    What we give and receive

Is reason really treason
    When it comes to what we love;
    Is greed always in season,
    Like some sort of global glove

The heroes will keep fighting
    For forever and a day
    Fertilizing foreign soils with,
    The blood they have to pay

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

2. Likes Princess Cupcake liked this post
    ♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Taste of Mint

Wow! This is yet another beautifully written poem, Tetsanosuke. Every rhyme when I read it gave me the chills. Especially the last few stanzas. Second to the last, in particular. The structuring of your poetry is perfection. Can I ask what was your inspiration? Oh, and I'm very glad you've been writing a lot! Keep them coming :3

4. Thanks Tetsanosuke thanked for this post
    Likes Tetsanosuke liked this post
    The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Perfection is subjective. At least; that's what I've come to understand it as. But regardless; thank you.

As for the inspiration, I was talking with a friend on Windows Live Messenger when she mentioned how mint cough drops taste bad. Then I responded with a comment about how mint-chocolate chip ice cream was 'win'. She seemed to slightly agree saying that the chocolate would make it work for her.

That's when I suddenly started writing the beginning of the poem as a response; and so continued the discussion of poetry, etc.

Let's see if I can be struck by lightning again soon. Hahah.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

6. Likes Princess Cupcake liked this post
    ♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke View Post
    Perfection is subjective. At least; that's what I've come to understand it as. But regardless; thank you.
    I think that goes for every good artist/writer out there. If we thought we had achieved perfection, then we would never improve, and I believe that there is always room for improvement no matter how good you are.

As for the inspiration, I was talking with a friend on Windows Live Messenger when she mentioned how mint cough drops taste bad. Then I responded with a comment about how mint-chocolate chip ice cream was 'win'. She seemed to slightly agree saying that the chocolate would make it work for her.

That's when I suddenly started writing the beginning of the poem as a response; and so continued the discussion of poetry, etc.
    I think all cough drops taste bad... o_o But yes, mint chocolate chip ice cream is so win. I wish I had some right about now. Inspiration can come from the strangest of places!

Let's see if I can be struck by lightning again soon. Hahah.
    Lol! You're silly =]

8. Likes Tetsanosuke liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information