AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Thread: Japanese was so much English in it! :o

Threaded View

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Japanese was so much English in it! :o

Has anyone, American or Japanese, noticed that? It's like how English has a lot of French words in its language but only it's a whole 'nother ball game with Japanese.

I've seen a good amount of anime in both English dub and Japanese, and there are a lot of English words popping up all the time and words that don't actually have to be taken from us. Like the expression "Ladies and Gentlemen" レイヂスアンドじぇンテルメン or "Summer Gifts" サマアギフト are also said just like that in Japanese. And words like "Supermarket" スウパアマアッケト. A lot of Japanese products have full English pronounciation like with "Playstation Srii" プレイステイションスリイ. And I found out from a friend that a lot of their meals at restaurants, etc, have English names too. And also, get this, Japan took the English word for "panda" パンダ and used it for their language rather than taking the word from China. All the names of attacks in JRPGs are English like "Lightning" ライトニング or "Water Blast" ウアタブラスト or "Phoenix Down" フィニックスダウン. It's just crazy how much influence America has had on Japan and yet you hardly ever see it the other way around. It's just an interesting thing I noticed. It definitely came to a surprise to me.
    Last edited by Ayu 「あゆ」; 06-05-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Thread Information