AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: E3 2012 Discussion Thread

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default E3 2012 Discussion Thread

E3 starts on Monday, June 4th starting with the Microsoft Conference at 9:30AM - 11:00PM PT, following with EA at 1:00PM-2:00PM PT thne Ubisoft at 3:00PM to 4:00PM and last but not least Sony at 6:00PM-7:00PM PT. Then on Tuesday, June 5th they will sow Nintendo Press Conference 9:00AM-10:00AM PT.

So with our other two threads, we already know what we want to see. I really hope it's good this year because unfortunately it's been declining, especially with Microsoft showing off either kiddy games, Kinect garbage or info that has already been leaked. Nintendo and Sony kept it decent and well, EA is a joke and Ubisoft really showed some good stuff.

What I really wanna try out in the booth is the new Castlevania LOS. I really enjoyed playing the first game.

One highlight of last year was when Drake and Lil' Wayne were on FIFA 12's commercial...lol and they said they always play FIFA 12....I chuckled when I saw them and they said that.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 06-02-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: E3 2012 Discussion Thread

3. Likes Bulf liked this post
    AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    ಠ_____ಠ
    Not sure if want.

I totally missed the pre-show, but I guess that's more suspense for me right?

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsis View Post
    ಠ_____ಠ
    Not sure if want.

I totally missed the pre-show, but I guess that's more suspense for me right?
    I like it. It doesn't matter if it's like a Xbox 360 controller, in fact, I like it. For one, the superior analog stick, the layout of it (I think it's closer to a dualshock but reversed)...And the D-pad too eh that's about it. xD I will try it out on Tuesday though.

It's totally worth watching and it's on Youtube too.

They are really making it up for their crappy donkey online that they made for the Wii though with all the features. I am really interested to try it out, especially how advance the Wiipad is...last year when I tried it I was disappointed but since they changed the looks and really showed good functions, I might actually consider it. I'll see once it's in my hands.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

I like it. It doesn't matter if it's like a Xbox 360 controller, in fact, I like it. For one, the superior analog stick, the layout of it (I think it's closer to a dualshock but reversed)...And the D-pad too eh that's about it. xD I will try it out on Tuesday though.

It's totally worth watching and it's on Youtube too.

They are really making it up for their crappy donkey online that they made for the Wii though with all the features. I am really interested to try it out, especially how advance the Wiipad is...last year when I tried it I was disappointed but since they changed the looks and really showed good functions, I might actually consider it. I'll see once it's in my hands.
    Yeah, I watched it like 10 minutes after that post xD
    I kinda like it now too though, once the initial shock of Microsoft being all over it went away, I gotta say it's not that bad. Personally I was hoping for the revival of the N64-type controller, but eh . The Miiverse looks like a huge improvement over the practically-useless Mii channel as well. At this point, I'm completely sold, and plan on getting a WiiU regardless of launch titles or price xD.

Tuesday!

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsis View Post
    Yeah, I watched it like 10 minutes after that post xD
    I kinda like it now too though, once the initial shock of Microsoft being all over it went away, I gotta say it's not that bad. Personally I was hoping for the revival of the N64-type controller, but eh . The Miiverse looks like a huge improvement over the practically-useless Mii channel as well. At this point, I'm completely sold, and plan on getting a WiiU regardless of launch titles or price xD.

Tuesday!
    Most of the stuff are gonna be relaunches though so I rather wait until it gets a lot of exclusives. I mean, most of the games so far announced are gonna be for PS360 too. I rather get GTAV on PS3 but I wonder how it will play on the WiiU. Shall be interesting.

Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Okay, press conference time. In my opinion:

Ubisoft > Sony > EA > Microsoft.

Ubisoft like pwned hard. I didn't see -any- bad game or trailer of the bunch. And Watch Dogs looked goddamn awesome. Creed 3 looked great, Rayman looked awesome, I even liked Shootmania or whatever.

Sony did good, but they wasted like 30 minutes on that Wonderbook, which is cool and stuff...just no though. I'd personally rather just read a book then play it with more motion controls. Besides that, GoW:A looked cool. The All-Stars looked really fun. and it's not as big of a Smash Bros rip-off as I thought it'd be. To be honest, it's like a totally new game. Kinda proud of Sony for that. Also, they spent like 1/2 of their show talking...and I started getting a little sleepy tbh. Then The Last of Us. Oh my god. Oh my goddamned god.

Then EA...Yeah, no. I think they showed like two games that I liked, but I can't remember....Crysis 3 and something. MoH looked great (thanks to the Frostbyte2), but I'm really tired of generic shooters, so no points.

Then Microsoft...which did nothing interesting imo. Yeah, Halo 4, but I've never been a halo fan. It looks good, graphically, but it didn't excite me any. GoW was like...no gameplay, and barely a trailer. And the Smartglass was interesting, but really now. I think it'd be better shown at CES or something. Not to be a hater or anything, but give me more games at E3. Or consoles, whatever. Only thing I got excited for was Dance Central 3...which is a little sad. I did get that "swoopy" feeling, like when you miss a step for Black Ops 2 though. I got really excited when he was like "new game, etc."...Then I cried a little. Ah well.

So now just Nintendo, and they'll have to come hard, or just give up right there. Surprise does a lot though. I'll wait to see what else comes out on the floor, and hope for the best. Until tuesday!

ALSO, Flo Rider got pwned xD

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Looking forward to Watch Dog. Looks very tight indeed.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    Threads

Wow! Rhat Wii U Pro controller is just like the Xbox one! Nintendo finally has a good traditional controller for us!

Also, here was something that blew me away!:

Senior Member BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2013 05:02 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ask me for it Steam ID: askmeforit

Watch_Dogs looks brilliant. It's the first new IP in a long time that I've been really interested in.

That said, I hope the gameplay doesn't lean on the cover-based shooting (like any good stealth game, combat should be a last resort for when things go awry). The core of the game is the hacking, so it would be a shame if it was bogged down with extensive amounts of "done this before in a hundred other games".

Also, I worry about repetition. Assassin's Creed, for example, was a great new idea for an open-world/sandbox game that tends to get too bogged down in minutiae. I'm wondering how Watch_Dogs will be able to do the same thing.

I'm also interested to see what they do with the co-op opportunities the game presents.
    Get some exercise this summer and raise money to fight disease. Find a free charity walk in your area:
    AIDS Walk | Walk to Defeat ALS | Walk MS | Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
    Light The Night for Leukemia & Lymphona | Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Dead Space 3 looks pretty nice, I want it now.
    Unfortunatly I missed Sony's confrence, I was sleeping.
    And lol @ Nintendo fanboys for hating on Sony for making Smash Bros for PS3, Smash Bros is a damn exclusive, I see nothing wrong with Sony wanting to give their consumers the chance to fight with PS3 stars.

To quote someone on the trailer
    Nintendo didnt invent side scrolling, they didnt even invent arcade fighters, they made the best of it from older systems than them like Atari and platform downscales. Just because Nintendo made Smash Brothers for their own platform doesnt mean Playstation cant do the same. As long as people buy it, and want it, is all that matters.
    Just checked the Last of Us gameplay vid, and it looks very nice
    Last edited by FluffyDango; 06-05-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Junior Member redspart1 is on a distinguished road redspart1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2012 07:14 AM
    Threads

Star Wars: 1313 <3
    Halo 4 = meh
    COD BO 2 = meh

My opinion in 2 seconds.

Knight of Justice... except not Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter has a brilliant future Folter's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Bleach Ichigo Mask Dr Who SonicScrewdriver
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2016 05:50 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kingoftorture

I watched a little bit of all of the conferences but didn't have the time to watch all of them. I didn't care for microsoft cuz i don't have an Xbox 360. But Ubisoft and Sony blew my mind Far Cry 3, Assassins Creed 3, The Last of Us, And Sony All stars,I couldn't believe how much awesomeness I was seeing.

looking for 'someone just for me" <3 Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Black Ribbon Rainbow Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2013 09:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i can't wait till resident evil revelations...creepy awesome epicness!!

Sig ^ made by @Kaleohano *hugs*

Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Alright Nintendo, I'm pretty disappointed. Pikmin 3 got me really excited, but...no Zelda. Or Metroid....F-Zero...yeah, nothing but a little more MArio. And the Nintendoland thing. I'm excited for Paprt Mario, but that's about all besides Pikmin. New Super Mario Bros U looks fun, but I can't imagine it being very different from the last one. NSMB2 was kinda meh too. "o look itz sum gold coinzzz yey". Not a terrible presentation overall, but they didn't deliver like...at all.

Also, ZombiU = worst name ever.

Spike is showing off some extra Nintendo stuff, so I'll post again in a second.

EDIT: They lied.

17. Likes Ayu 「あゆ」, Ωmega liked this post
    Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

As both an Animal Crossing and The Sims 3 fan I feel like crying right now.

I will hold that off until tomorrow night when Animal Crossing isn't shown at the 3DS conference.

~Made by me~

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear has a reputation beyond repute Albear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2016 01:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Watch Dogs looks pretty cool. Then again, IP from Ubisoft are usually cool. Watching the gameplay, it reminds me too much of other games like true crime.. except watch dogs looks well crafted in every detail.

Resident evil 6 is another game I'd like to play.

Senior Member BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2013 05:02 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ask me for it Steam ID: askmeforit

The shootout and getaway drive at the end were kind of reminiscent of True Crime and GTA, I guess. But I've never seen an open world sandbox crime game that lets you hack traffic lights to cause crashes, remotely raise bridges to cut off your pursuers, remotely detonate gas stations, disable cell phone signals to cause distractions, listen in on phone conversations, take down electric grids, take control of trains, covertly gather personal information about NPCs... even the bit where he rescues the guy out of the car is unlike most sandbox games. It seems like a modern-day interpretation of Assassin's Creed.

Games have had hacking before, but not to the extent that Watch_Dogs seems to be applying it. And then there's the co-op multiplayer implied by one version of the trailer. Maybe one player infiltrates a secure area while the other uses his hacking skills as damage control to keep the situation on the outside from getting too heated? The game has a lot of potential, and I'm really excited to see how in-depth they go with the mechanics to create something that feels different.
    Last edited by BoldMushroom; 06-05-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    Get some exercise this summer and raise money to fight disease. Find a free charity walk in your area:
    AIDS Walk | Walk to Defeat ALS | Walk MS | Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
    Light The Night for Leukemia & Lymphona | Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis

Senior Member ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck has a reputation beyond repute ACBlackJ0ck's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Hat Pocket Watch Blackjack
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2015 11:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: redsupersonicninja

Seriously Id? Doom 3 re-release... But no Doom 4 info?

Ultra lame >_>

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Checked the trailer they showed for Beyond: Two Souls, and it looks pretty interesting.
    I'll be getting that, sometime.

Senior Member Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Shuriken Systems PS3 Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2014 11:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Explorer Oak

Halo 4! @.@
    Dead space 3! *o*
    Explorer Oak ~ Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's seed, that held its ground. Never give up!

Junior Member Sasuke20 is on a distinguished road Sasuke20's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2012 12:42 AM
    Threads

First Super Smash bros Nintendo.
    The Punch time explosion (Super smash bros) Cartoonnetwork
    Now Sony? If Spyro and Crash are in there its good (For me)
    and next thing i know Moonspoon will put Code lyoko characters into a brawler game.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Now Nintendo is trying to Be an Xbox 360.
    Last edited by Sasuke20; 06-06-2012 at 12:38 AM.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I hope they do. Code Lyoko was so underrated. But meh.

also lol @Ellipsis ' reaction to Shootmania. Nadeo have been planning that for a while, you know. (They plan an RPG game called Questmania too, I don't know if that's out yet since I haven't paid attention to Nadeo / Ubisoft since Trackmania 2: Canyon was released last year (I haven't played that much due to the fact it breaks my computer ._.)). Probably not something I will pick up, but the tech is solid so I hope it does well.

Anyways ... what up on E3? I asked Kaitou+ to look about for any racing games ... I haven't seen ANY conferences but I did hear Criterion are doing a NFS:MW reboot. Saw the trailer; looks solid enough. I had no complaints with Hot Pursuit other than that I couldn't play it for four months (Autolog wouldn't work for me and would hang on login - EA took four months to fix it, by then I'd lost interest.) Maybe you could find out and answer this question though: Are they using Chameleon or Frostbite 2 as the game engine? It looks to play remarkably similar to The Run, so I'm uncertain what engine they're using. Find out plx.

Anyways what other racing games have been mentioned? Also what's this I heard about Rayman? (are they making that sequel to Rayman Origins?)
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Senior Member Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2013 03:37 PM
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Saracin PSN ID: Saracin651

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    Anyways ... what up on E3? I asked Kaitou+ to look about for any racing games ... I haven't seen ANY conferences but I did hear Criterion are doing a NFS:MW reboot. Saw the trailer; looks solid enough. I had no complaints with Hot Pursuit other than that I couldn't play it for four months (Autolog wouldn't work for me and would hang on login - EA took four months to fix it, by then I'd lost interest.) Maybe you could find out and answer this question though: Are they using Chameleon or Frostbite 2 as the game engine? It looks to play remarkably similar to The Run, so I'm uncertain what engine they're using. Find out plx.

Anyways what other racing games have been mentioned? Also what's this I heard about Rayman? (are they making that sequel to Rayman Origins?)
    So far racing game wise we've got another F1 game, Forza Horizon, and of course NFS: Most Wanted. From what I saw of the game play in Most Wanted, it looked quite a bit like something made with Frostbite 2. And as for Rayman, they have a sequel called Rayman Legends in the works, but so far they've only shown it off for the Wii U since it has some special features for it using the board, similar to the features from Skylanders.

Forza Horizon has been pretty secretive. Its also an open world racer set in Colorado, made by Playground games, which is made up of former members of Bizarre Creations and Black Rock Studio. I've been a big fan of Forza since day one, so I am hoping this gives Forza fans something different, while allowing Turn 10 to spend time working on the next gen Forza game that I'm betting they are working on.

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saracin View Post
    Forza Horizon has been pretty secretive. Its also an open world racer set in Colorado, made by Playground games, which is made up of former members of Bizarre Creations and Black Rock Studio. I've been a big fan of Forza since day one, so I am hoping this gives Forza fans something different, while allowing Turn 10 to spend time working on the next gen Forza game that I'm betting they are working on.
    ... I just cried.

To think that the remnants of the teams who created one of the best recent arcade racing games (Split/Second ... also Pure), and arguably THE best arcade racing (Blur!!1111one) are now stuck coding a freaking simulation game ... I cry in despair of only hoping that the former Bizarre Creations guys hear my plea for them to create Blur 2 ... even if they have to name it something else because of Activi$ion's IP hoarding..

But yeah. I'm not too keen on simulation racers (TDU:2 is simulationy-enough) so unless these guys pull a fun little open-world game up out the depths I probably won't get it. NFS:MW 2012 I will likely get regardless of whether they use Chameleon or Frostbite 2; I have no real complaints with Hot Pursuit or The Run and personally I enjoyed The Run (my only gripe being the cars' handling when one end of the car was on dirt and the other tarmac, it was often unpredictable as hell) so I'm sure that this new reboot will be good.

I got bored of Dirt: Showdown within a week of release so it had better be a good game. :l
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information