AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Headphones

The Palmtop Tiger Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2014 07:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    By the way, the 'm' in Marine is always capitalized. A Marine and marine are two different things. Ignorance is such bliss.
    You don't amuse me. I'm not going to automatically excuse your negligence just because you were a marine for at most 7 years (assuming you joined when you were 18) and with two deployments (no telling what they were, could range from a deployment to Afghanistan or Iraq where your life is in danger 24/7 to just cruising along in some other country with no immediate danger with other jobs to do. When people hear deployment they think of Iraq or War but that's not always the case.

I have a brother who was a Sergent in the Air Force and was deployed to Pakistan, Iraq, and Afganistan. He was also one of the first to be deployed after 9/11. I've never heard him use the fact that he was a "___" year old veteran so he could lose things and not take care of things as he pleased and that because he was a veteran that it ment he was the most perfect human being that doesn't make mistakes. No that's wrong. I'm not amused by your care-free and "I'm a Marine so I'm better" attitude.

You are an irresponsible Marine who can't even take care of headphones and some how manages to justify spending $$$$ on something you're going to lose or break in a few weeks anyways. (don't worry, this isn't a personal insult since you mentioned it yourself in your OP) You may be loaded now, but money doesn't last forever. Spend it on unnecessary things all you want, but don't be shocked when you have a big emergency and no funds to pay later on down the road since you spent $100+ a year on headphone replacements. No telling what else you blindly throw your money at.

Just a thought from a girl with military family history & just being loaded herself in general.
    Last edited by Rainbow Crash; 05-26-2012 at 03:26 PM.

[Click on the image above to visit an Etsy art shop run in part by myself and fellow art mod Serated]

今日...明日...永遠に...

Personal Tumblr | Deviant Art | Artsy Tumblr
    >>>View AF's First Banner Contest RESULTS<<<
    Thanks to those who participated & voted

TURN DOWN FOR WHAT!? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2014 03:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NWR KazzyMac PSN ID: Kazzy-Mac Steam ID: kazzymac

[ontopic]

I haven't bought a new pair of headphones in like ... five years lol. I've had a pair of ambience-cancelling headphones that have lasted me since college.

ambience cancelling = you put them in and they're a bit like ear-plugs.

[/ontopic]
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

Quote Of The Moment:

Currently working on: Oh my Glob! Psygnosis got in touch with us ... Rollcage Redux! New and improved Rollcage 1.
    ^ RollCageX is back! Now called ReCaged.. ^

:Godly on Blur:
    My Youtube Channel || Epic Clan Battles
    BEST. GAME. EVER.

Senior Member Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Typewriter Dolphin Systems PS3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2014 08:48 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    You don't amuse me. I'm not going to automatically excuse your negligence just because you were a marine for at most 7 years (assuming you joined when you were 18) and with two deployments (no telling what they were, could range from a deployment to Afghanistan or Iraq where your life is in danger 24/7 to just cruising along in some other country with no immediate danger with other jobs to do. When people hear deployment they think of Iraq or War but that's not always the case.

How did you get 7 years? I'm 22 years old. Let's do some quick math... 22-18=4.. I got something different. :P

I have a brother who was a Sergent in the Air Force and was deployed to Pakistan, Iraq, and Afganistan. He was also one of the first to be deployed after 9/11. I've never heard him use the fact that he was a "___" year old veteran so he could lose things and not take care of things as he pleased and that because he was a veteran that it ment he was the most perfect human being that doesn't make mistakes. No that's wrong. I'm not amused by your care-free and "I'm a Marine so I'm better" attitude.
    Let's clarify some inaccurate statements you just said. 1) I wasn't using the fact that, me being a Marine means I could lose things, lol. I simply stated that to let you know, that I pay for my own things and take care of myself. Since for some reason your first assumption was it came from my parents and I'm spoiled. On a side note... Superiority lies with he who was raised in the severest school, and Marines are generally raised in the severest school. Just saying

You are an irresponsible Marine who can't even take care of headphones and some how manages to justify spending $$$$ on something you're going to lose or break in a few weeks anyways. (don't worry, this isn't a personal insult since you mentioned it yourself in your OP) You may be loaded now, but money doesn't last forever. Spend it on unnecessary things all you want, but don't be shocked when you have a big emergency and no funds to pay later on down the road since you spent $100+ a year on headphone replacements. No telling what else you blindly throw your money at.

Just a thought from a girl with military family history & just being loaded herself in general.
    Lol, I'm not justifying anything. My earphones do break a lot(I'm quite unlucky). I also do lose them or misplace them before a deployment. Things like that happen. It's funny really how a small comment can turn into this -_- .. No money may not last forever, but I just gotta spend it safely until retirement(Lol).

Loaded... Did you have to put that out there? ROFL.

Senior Member BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2013 05:02 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ask me for it Steam ID: askmeforit

Everybody buys "unnecessary things" at some point. Anyone who buys video games, movie tickets, manga, anime DVDs, music CDs, books, etc., is making an "unnecessary" purchase. No one "needs" those things. But there's not necessarily anything wrong with buying things you want but don't need, as long as you're responsible and don't spend outside your means, and you have a little bit stored away in case of emergency.

Spending $100+ on headphones can be a responsible financial purchase, even if it sounds frivolous. A person's financial situation may allow for it, depending on how much they make, how many expenses they have, and how much they spend. It's a bit presumptuous to automatically assume that someone is throwing their money away; maybe that's their only "luxury" purchase this year.

I agree with the overall sentiment of not spending too wildly. Someone I used to know spent a lot of money on irresponsible vanity purchases during a time in my life when we really needed to be frugal, and it screwed my family over a lot. But that doesn't mean everybody is in a similar situation.

On topic... I used to buy $10-$20 earbuds every three months or so, because they kept breaking. The cord would get snagged on something and snap, or the audio would just fizzle out in one ear for some reason. Then I got a pair of $200 Sennheiser headphones for $100, and a pair of $50 Sony earbuds for $15. They haven't broken in the last three years.
    Get some exercise this summer and raise money to fight disease. Find a free charity walk in your area:
    AIDS Walk | Walk to Defeat ALS | Walk MS | Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
    Light The Night for Leukemia & Lymphona | Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis

5. Thanks .:neuko:. thanked for this post
    Likes .:neuko:. liked this post
    Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2014 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

In regards of this thread: I'm getting a new one. Why?
    Irresponsible people "borrowed" mine and they were chewed up. I'm not happy at all. Best of all, no sorries. Nahh...

Senior Member Darkfire Knight has a reputation beyond repute Darkfire Knight has a reputation beyond repute Darkfire Knight has a reputation beyond repute Darkfire Knight has a reputation beyond repute Darkfire Knight has a reputation beyond repute Darkfire Knight has a reputation beyond repute Darkfire Knight has a reputation beyond repute Darkfire Knight has a reputation beyond repute Darkfire Knight has a reputation beyond repute Darkfire Knight has a reputation beyond repute Darkfire Knight has a reputation beyond repute Darkfire Knight's Avatar
    Amused
    Gifts Fedora Kill Bill Katana
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2014 10:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I keep good care over my headphones, earphones e.t.c....
    I've had these for quite some time nowxD
    Here:http://www.247deals.com.au/uploads/p...330/MDR100.jpg
    Also I've had my apple earphones. I've also had them for quite some time. They're pretty durable.
    "Hearts, you say? You Humans are always so quick to speak of such things. What is this "heart"? If I tear open that chest of yours, will I see it there? If I smash open that skull of yours, will I see it there?"

I am number 4.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information