AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: AF's Poetry Contest

Member gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts Dice Soul Eater Soul
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2013 06:59 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gff135 PSN ID: gff135

Default Re: AF's Poetry Contest

this is a peom i wrote for the annivesity of my best friends death hope u lik it please give critisim and it dosent hav a title let me no wat a good one would b .

its been a long time, without you at my side i write this rhyme.
    its been almost a year, man its been so different without you here.
    my soul has been put at ease, i hear your voice in the breeze.
    your forgivness is all i ask for, its the one wish from my core.
    frequently i find myself crying, inside it feels lik im dying.
    i fight cause im pissed off, so much blood i cough.
    i want to retire, but your my fire.
    you are my insperation, my reason.
    to live.
    so this honor i give.
    your memory will always live in my heart, because you were my start.

AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-14-2015 06:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

Quote Originally Posted by gff135 View Post
    this is a peom i wrote for the annivesity of my best friends death hope u lik it please give critisim and it dosent hav a title let me no wat a good one would b .

its been a long time, without you at my side i write this rhyme.
    its been almost a year, man its been so different without you here.
    my soul has been put at ease, i hear your voice in the breeze.
    your forgivness is all i ask for, its the one wish from my core.
    frequently i find myself crying, inside it feels lik im dying.
    i fight cause im pissed off, so much blood i cough.
    i want to retire, but your my fire.
    you are my insperation, my reason.
    to live.
    so this honor i give.
    your memory will always live in my heart, because you were my start.
    I feel for you.. but the finals of the poetry contest isn't the place to post this..

Okay final two!

Luzifer
    Princess Cupcake

This time the topic is: Life. Basically like earlier it needs to be longer than eight lines AND must have a title. The winner will receive a trophy, fame on a populated website with ONE poem of their choosing advertised on another site, xbox live advertisement, etc. Be patient. You have "one" week to post it, good luck!
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!

~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Threads

(Under the heading of life I chose a particular moment, the reflection. That instant when one realizes that their place in the world is the result of a series of actions that they never anticipated have great consequences. Looking back we wonder if we had any idea what we were doing, both pride and regret mixing in our minds. Finally we accept our actions as necessary and turn instead toward the future. I decided to use the villanelle form for this poem.)

The Crest of a Hill

The skein of moments brought me here
    From idle choice to decisive break
    Now I stand on precipice I fear

And I the backward-looking seer
    stare across with dulling ache
    These paths that with but slightest veer

Could never have placed me here
    Did I know then what was at stake?
    Were my consequences ever clear

Or did just random spastic sneers
    At god and fate cause this snake
    Of choices to drag me to this tier

To gaze with pride, regret of years
    And with weak aging hands grasp and take
    Aloft the banner of my life and tears

So now I plant my pride right here
    For which all my life was for the sake
    And cast my eyes, that know no fear
    Into the horizon which at me leers
    Last edited by Luzifer; 06-08-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The very power of life has fueled my inspiration for this poem. It is truly a wonderful thing, that we often take for granted. We're so busy having fun, or worrying about whatever, that we forget it can be taken away at any moment. Something so precious is very difficult to encapsulate within a poem, but I did my best to illustrate the elusive ideas and concepts associate with life. Thank you for reading. I hope you like it and I am so glad to have made it this far!

All I Have Left

Since my birth,
    I've shared the Earth,
    teeming with life,
    and wonder its worth.

We consist of cells,
    DNA, and organelles,
    but without a soul,
    we are empty shells.

These bones, this skin,
    this life I was given,
    once taken for granted,
    but never again.

Each day is a blessing,
    which keeps me guessing,
    spent with my thoughts,
    always reassessing.

A heartbeat, a breath,
    I will cherish 'til death,
    when only a soul,
    is all I have left.

AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Good poems! Thanks for the quick entries. News soon on who the winner is.. AND judges will be informed very soon on how they will be judging. If you have any poem changes, this is probally your last day.

Gil
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

After a month of expert poetry writing, I can firmly announce a winner has been determined! Though results will not be posted up until tommorow WITH the prize. Reason I'm waiting a day is because I want the prize available for the winner.

Who won? Who lost? All this AND more at a live finale tommorow at 6:00 PM Est time, so if judges, contestants, anyone interested wants to join in it will last ONE full hour. Be there!

Gil
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Winner announced shortly plus another announcement coming shortly. Stay tuned :P..

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

The winner of the AF Poetry Contest is: Luzifer! Luzifer wins a trophy, advertisement of any poem of his choosing, xbox advertisement. Prizes rewarded when you decide which poem you want advertised. Congrats!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information