AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AF's Poetry Contest

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default AF's Poetry Contest

(Signature by MaruDashi)

Hello AF and welcome to AF's very own Poetry Contest, hosted by Kagami Sama. Being your host, I can ensure that this contest will last an average of one month with the winner of this contest receiving an edited trophy, also going to be created by the great MaruDashi. Are you interested in Poetry? Are you interested having your poem read by hundreds of people? Well now you'll have that very chance! I can confirm the winner of this poetry contest will get their poem "advertised" through xbox live via my entire friends list and also on other populated forums, with full credit and your AF gamertag. Even if you aren't interested in Poetry, you are allowed to post an original poem on here in hopes of making the top eight, which will also be round two of the contest. Runner-Up may or may not get a prize, which information on that is still in the early stages but confirmation will be sent out by round two latest. Now I bet some of you are wonderng where the sign ups are? Well no fear! There isn't any sign ups. Round one is meant to be an open format round in which anyone can post a poem and our trustworthy judges will then judge after three weeks which poems and users made the cut for round two. Now let me take some time to introduce our judges and the rules they MUST follow.
    Judges

MaruDashi: A respected member and moderator of the forum and a very trustworthy member infact. MaruDashi is also the graphics mastermind behind this contest.

Ominous Cloud: Being the moderator of the poetry forum and the one that confirmed this idea, it isn't a shock have Ominous as one of our three judges.

Tetsanosuke: A great poetry writer and our third judge. He joined AF around the 2006 time and era.

Judge Rules
    1: All Judges must be present on five-six occasions for this contest so they can judge the work and maybe even introduce themselves to newer users who may not be aware who they are. The first known date is May 12th 2012. The second known date is May 13th 2012. The third known date is three weeks from the start of this contest. The fourth known date is June 1st. The fifth known date is June 4th(depending on circumstances). The final known date is the finale.

2: All Judges must be fair and non biased. Even if a poster is your friend doesn't mean they deserve special treatment so I can ensure all users they shall do just that. Be fair and great judges.

3: Judges cannot participate in the contest other than judging and answering questions posted by users.

4: Judges are allowed to terminate your existence in this contest if they feel you cheated or broke the rules. Remember, unless this is the finale they don't need to go through me for this rule.

Now that you've heard the rules needed to be followed by the judges, let's begin with the rules the users themselves need to follow.

Rules to be followed by Users
    1: All poems must be original and by you. If you cheat or copy a poem that isn't by you, expect to be terminated from the contest.

2: All poems must be a least eight lines minimum and a thirty line maximum. Please remembe this rule might or might not chance for the finale

3: Users for round one do not need to sign up. Just post a poem using the second rule making sure they use a title for their poem and a small description on it.

4: All users have a two poem minimum for round one.

5: Post the poem on THIS thread, using rules two - four.

6: No complaining if you lose. Sore losers irritate me and your fellow users.

7: No asking to be a judge for a possible second edition of this until the end of the game and no asking me or judges for a free pass into the second round. Cheating does not work.

8: No spamming. This could mean three straight post or trolling this contest. Immediate action will be taken place against all who spam/troll this contest.

And there you have it! I hope the rules seem fair and justified and it seems rather easy to follow. Remember, I want you guys and girls to have fun while doing this so feel free to talk on this thread to others, making sure at least you don't spam and such. With three rounds this contest as said early in this thread will take around one mont to finish. The judges wil be using a special point system in which they'll judge on the first round of this contest on flow, creativity and how well your poem connects with your description. The description doesn't need to be long. Just a good three sentence summary will do. Round one starts now with no sign ups and anyone can post their own poetry (can be a poem you've shared to AF in the past) and have fun while doing it. No form of poetry and no topics are going to be forced on users until round two so basically the poem can be any form of poetry and about any topic you choose. Any guest viewing this is asked to maybe sign up for AF and try this out!

Begin!
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 05-08-2012 at 03:49 PM.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Radish Clannad Botan Yellow Orb
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2013 12:53 AM
    Threads

Default Re: AF's Poetry Contest

can be a poem you've shared to AF in the past
    is there a cutoff point where you'll accept work? like if i wrote something last year?
    also, is a past poem not shared with AF okay?

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrpineapple View Post
    is there a cutoff point where you'll accept work? like if i wrote something last year?
    also, is a past poem not shared with AF okay?

Once 21 days past its too late. Its fine. Any poem by you works. Just poem em on the thread.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

I think I know who the last judge might be~

Anyway, Im listed as the first judge for the contest. Ive written poetry before that I -think- Ive posted here in the past...not sure. Anyway, Im up to answer any question anyone might have ^w^

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Member spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan has a reputation beyond repute spicyvegan's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Pocket Watch White Ribbon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2012 10:35 AM
    Threads

"A two poem minimum"... We have to write two poems for this round? Do we post them both at the same time?

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's cliche for a princess to find her prince and live happily ever after, right? Well, sometimes fate is not so kind and I wanted to illustrate that unfortunate truth with this poem of heartbreak, an archetype in reverse.

Fairy Tale Mess

So sorry, poor princess
    That you've kissed the frog
    But he never became a prince
    That you've made it past the fog
    To a place where nothing makes sense
    And the jewels have fallen off
    Your bent and broken crown
    Knowing that society will scoff
    Because at you, they look down

All apologies, beautiful belle
    For when the warts began to boil
    It hurt worse than hell
    For when there was ruinous recoil
    The blood had stained your dress
    And the ribbons came undone
    Instead of this fairy tale mess
    A never rescued damsel in distress

Court contrite, foolish fellow
    Feel the shame you deserve
    Yet your conscious is a speck of dust
    So what purpose should it serve?
    If abandon her you must
    As tears filled those eyes already
    Still she would not cry in your lap
    While they fell like your confetti

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever had difficulty expressing your emotions because of an overwhelming sense of disbelief? Here is my second entry for the contest. A much shorter poem but still containing a powerful meaning.

Unspoken Emotion

As the sweat gathered on my skin
    Body heat radiated from within
    But I hadn't been in motion
    Just overcome with emotion
    And the words I wanted to say
    Were caught in my throat,
    Stuck to my tongue,
    Behind a gate of teeth,
    Trapped underneath,
    Lips you should have never kissed
    Last edited by Princess Cupcake; 05-10-2012 at 11:35 PM. Reason: randomly capitalized "C" >.<

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku Jordan View Post
    "A two poem minimum"... We have to write two poems for this round? Do we post them both at the same time?

No you don't have to post em at the same time but might be easier on yourself.
    By the way we have our third judge ready to join in!

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Greetings to all.

I have been asked to be a judge in this contest, and I hope to see some brilliant weaving of words.

Been on and off AF for years now, and I used to role-play here frequently. Been posting my poetry here for just about as long. I am honored to be seen as a competent poet in the eyes of the Host. I will try my best to not let you down.

Just as Maru has said, questions may be sent to me. Not really sure what you'd need from me, other than what's outlined in the contest rules. Or just to chat.

Best of wishes to you all.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Reminder:.Everyone is officially down to 20 days to post poetry. Take your time and create a masterpiece!

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ooh fun D:
    Poetry being all active and stuff

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Well, here's goes it attempt at this.

The Mad Hatter-

There was a hat on top of the coat rack.
    It was long, cylindrical, and looked to the have been worn by a quack.
    The hat had been battered and tattered,
    worn for decades by one that had become so haggard.
    When the hat was worn, the man had a sly grin.
    For a new tale of tales would soon spin.
    Though truly he was good, and never bad.
    Yet all will know him by his hat, that he was mad.

Description: This is pretty much my idea of the/a Mad Hatter in his elder years. Old and tired, but still keeping to his namesake.

--------------

Here's my second entry.

Idle Time-

Tick, Tock, I stare at the clock.
    The hands, they move oh so slow,
    Like to edge my sanity o'er the dock.

Tick, Tock, My mind feels like dough.
    Fate surely does seem to mock.
    I wonder if time moves like this in Koh.

Tick, Tock, this seems like a balk.
    'Tis waiting that turns to throe.
    Thus it's truely evil to befall this bach.

Tick, Tock, stuck in statu quo,
    My mind wants to rid this chock
    That holds time ever so dreadfully slow.

Description: Pretty much, I've spent way too much of my life watching time fly. Especially in wait of something/someone. This is basically how I feel when I'm stuck waiting for something or someone.

This will replace my Haiku for the contest.
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 05-18-2012 at 07:16 PM.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuki. View Post
    Ooh fun D:
    Poetry being all active and stuff
    Haha. . Yeah. I remember you posted here alot. I liked ur work.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

How many entrants will proceed to the next round?

I was going to suggest submissions be made in private so we judges don't know who has submitted what, to ensure fairness for all. But I see people have already started to post up their works, so drat.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

o.o; I should really read the rules more carefully, -'-Eight Lines Minimum.-'-

So The Haiku doesn't count. I'll come up with one later and replace it.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OminousCloud View Post
    How many entrants will proceed to the next round?

I was going to suggest submissions be made in private so we judges don't know who has submitted what, to ensure fairness for all. But I see people have already started to post up their works, so drat.
    Well why wouldn't we be fair anyways? I'd hope you and the other judges will be fair. Eight by the way.

Its cool Death. Take your time.

16. Likes Princess Cupcake liked this post
    つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kagami Sama View Post
    Haha. . Yeah. I remember you posted here alot. I liked ur work.
    Yes, yes I did xD
    I don't write poems anymore, though D: I just want to see everyone else's xD

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Threads

Matthew 2:10
    (A small exploration of the feelings of weakness and not belonging even as one sees a potential form of happiness. Using a Biblical verse as a jumping off point)

Desert winds behind me
    Desiccated sighs
    Claw at my weeping rags
    And my tattered eyes

Night breaks high above me
    Crashing ‘gainst the day
    Overwhelms the sun
    And sweeps it all away

but a star now stops above you
    as I lay me down to weep
    clutch at my dagger tongue
    as you in quiet sleep

But oh what wanderer I
    Could disgrace this with a sigh
    So I will now pass by
    Letting all sleeping angels lie

-----

Clay Block
    (A monologue from the inner mind of a mother contemplating abortion, using Greek mythological motifs through out. She believes her child's life is diametrically opposed to her own, its creation would require martyring her own happiness.)

What dream shall now be bitter shorn?
    Dream unlived or dream unborn?
    What scale does just Zeus give
    To weigh what mortal dream shall live

Can Atropos even cut the thread
    Lachesis’ fingers never spread?
    Can life in tragedy bereave
    What Clotho never thought to weave?

You my clay my earth and mud
    My golem made from flesh and blood
    That I had wrought you now to bring
    This knife he now to cut your string

But I must end you ere you end me
    And to the shores I must send thee
    So I might reach beyond this veil
    With no weight to hold my sail

Blame not me, blame all who weigh
    the worth of the lives trapped in clay
    I Pygmalion and you my uncarved block
    I leave among the breaking rocks
    Last edited by Luzifer; 05-10-2012 at 04:16 AM.
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

19. Likes Cross Avantgarde liked this post
    Chaos Unborn Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Hattori Hanzo Steel Bleach Ichigo Mask Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2013 04:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

"God" is a poem I wrote concerning my.inability to walk and the hate I felt toward God for my misfortune. It dictates the changing of God, from the Almighty to a Chair.

God
    This force wreaks the heart
    Cold hands grip the blackened sky
    One's vurtue corrupted in dust
    Forever silenced by pride

How we have fallen
    Great Kings and God's
    Forgotten is the past
    Days lost in see through glass

So I beg the sun
    Bring warmth and light
    Only to be answered by the Devil's Plight
    The sun is your God
    He cannot be commanded
    Then take this heart and crush it barehanded

My pain is surreal
    From my toes to my waist
    A simple chair is the God of my case.

.................................................. .................................
    "Fight" Is a warriors poem I created in honor of my brother, a Marine.

Fight

Through this day I fight and I win
    My enemies fall with the gust of the wind
    I see not their faces but blade in hand
    To cut me down stone-faced and cold-hearted

Drawn from it's shealth my blade rings out in contempt
    All who face me shall know of it's filthe
    The blood of the many are against it's egde
    More will be added by the Devil's hand

To fight at my best I close my heart
    No family, no friends just the blade and a hawk
    He flys up above so majestic and true
    With each life reaped he descends a foot or two

Finally it's over
    My enemies lay still
    My heart reopens like a four leaf clover
    The hawk now stands with me
    Heavy handed and big
    So this is the one who commanded this.....
    Last edited by Hollow Ichigo; 05-17-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I thank you for all entries so far. 18 days remaining so plenty of time left. Remember judges. May 12th I'll need you guys online for something. Reminder soon.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

UPDATE: Since today is really busy and I need to go. I've asked all judges to monitor the posts for today AND tommorow (may 13th) making sure everyone is leaning in the right direction and following rules! Thanks so far . May 15th I'll have an update so post poems!.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

@DeathBlade/13.666

I merged your posts so your submissions are in the same one. I've left the haiku up for now, you can edit your post to remove it or I'll remove it later.

@Deathblade/13.666 and @Hollow Ichigo A reminder that poems MUST have a description as per rule #3.

If for some reason you have difficult editing your posts, PM me the relevant text and I'll edit it for you.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Junior Member DragonsGoMOO has much to be proud of DragonsGoMOO has much to be proud of DragonsGoMOO has much to be proud of DragonsGoMOO has much to be proud of DragonsGoMOO has much to be proud of DragonsGoMOO has much to be proud of DragonsGoMOO has much to be proud of DragonsGoMOO has much to be proud of DragonsGoMOO has much to be proud of DragonsGoMOO's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-14-2012 01:34 AM
    Threads

This is titled "Some Day"
    This happened to me multiple times, and it still does. I know this happens to everyone else, and I feel like I have summed up our actions, regret, and feelings.

Again, I see you walking my way.
    Not knowing if I should say something.
    I practiced talking to you for so long.
    But your looks keep my lips from speaking.
    A perfect scene I can imagine.
    A sense of comfort that I can't find.
    Quickly closing in to walk past me.
    My words stumble over each other.
    Losing the perfect script I came up with.
    Remembering my lines, I wait for you.
    Here you are, I try to say what I want.
    But only "Hi" leaves my lips,
    and she leaves, giving me a smile.

This one is titled "Such a Love"
    Just basically wrote this for an ex-girlfriend for some special day, birthday or something, or probably just for class. Full of descriptions, powerful wording, and careful writing. It's 30 lines long.

An ocean's storm with raging waves
    and thundering skies couldn't be
    a match for such a love.
    The silent night under the life of
    the stars and trails left by them
    couldn't be a match for such a love.
    Even the blistering heat and the
    blinding light of the sun
    Nature's beauty couldn't overwhelm
    me as yours can, and even then,
    the unexplained phenomenons
    Even as I write this, I can think
    of nothing worthy for such a love.
    As you speak to me with simplicity,
    I can't help but wonder,
    "Am I suitable for such a love
    as hers?"
    My directness towards you cannot
    be compared to the power of a storm,
    to the peaceful silence under
    illuminating stars of the night, to
    the light of day that guides you,
    or to Nature's wondrous mysteries
    that stir up curiosity.
    I've concluded that I am
    deserving of such a love.
    With that in mind, I'm to live
    for you and your happiness.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by OminousCloud View Post
    @DeathBlade/13.666

I merged your posts so your submissions are in the same one. I've left the haiku up for now, you can edit your post to remove it or I'll remove it later.

@Deathblade/13.666 and @Hollow Ichigo A reminder that poems MUST have a description as per rule #3.

If for some reason you have difficult editing your posts, PM me the relevant text and I'll edit it for you.
    Got it, Thanks.

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Details: Keep posting. Depending on how many entrants we get, either 6-8 people will advance to round 2.

Senior Member pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder has a reputation beyond repute pleasant_disorder's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mario Chain Chomp Tennis Ball Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2012 02:09 AM
    Threads

I'm not really good at describing poems because I believe that the reader should imply their own meaning to a poem, but I'm going to give it my best shot. And just out of curiosity, will the line-length rule change for the next round? I ask because most of my poems are significantly longer because I write with short lines. If it won't change, I can always make the lines longer.

At My Grandmother’s Funeral

I wrote this based on my first experience at a funeral, a grandmother's funeral, at four years old. I understood what I was supposed to feel, but because my grandmother was the evil/hateful person that she was, I just didn't feel any sadness for her. I thought it was an interesting emotional situation, so I wrote a poem about it.

Her hands clasp one another across her
    chest. I am confused by the relaxed
    smile spread across her pale lips – as if
    she’d died in some gentle repose. Her
    anguished moans ring in my ears, and
    that impersonal curse I’d overheard,
    uttered with her last and final breath.

I look up at my father. Tears flood from
    his eyes, encircled in a delicate brown -
    trails of saltwater travel down his
    hallowed cheeks - spent from days
    mourning our loss. His jacket sleeve
    darkened by what’s been wiped away.

I look back to that open casket with
    no ache in my heart for this stiffened,
    gentle-faced woman. At four, I understand
    death perfectly well. She cannot yell or
    scream or call me names anymore. My chest
    swells and I exhale with satisfied relief.

~*~

It Leaves the Mouth Wanting

I was inspired to write this poem when I had a dry mouth, and for some reason I thought about being in the desert. I can't really say anything about it beyond that.

Tan dunes roll into blue skies, seamless, forever. I stand
    against the sand and wind and flinch as it lacerates
    my limbs. Drops of bitter blood find their way into my
    mouth, where around and around, my tongue searches for
    moisture in the flesh lining of cheeks. I would cry from pain,
    but my tears are scorched crumbs of salt, and I am coated, from
    head to toe in thick white chalk. My body aches for the humid
    swell of a Geogian heat. Here, an angered sun glares into my
    skull, tanning me into dried leather, devoid of water.

Mohammad found god in the desert and the Jews, by the graces
    of a similar god, found their way home, and I am positive
    that Buddha walked on hot sand in his attempts to understand
    human misery. Krishna and Loki smile down at me, faces
    imprinted in a cloudless sky. Their cackles echo amongst
    the dunes, I lay, listening, devout in my meditations
    to you, all of you, every last god.

I’ve prayed and let the sun tan my hide for days, yet still
    there is just one voice, my voice in your response:
    “I never meant for this.”
    I ask:
    “Where are you?”
    Your words, again, my haggard tone:
    “Learn.”
    I bury my head, deep, and listen to the desert. Its sand fills
    my ears with its heat, and speaks in gentle groans:
    “Never owned.”
    in sink my hands, shoulders, stomach, thighs, legs, feet,
    evermore unconscious of my need for survival.

The format towards the bottom is spaced strangely because of the INDENT function. It's as close to its original format as I can get it.
    Last edited by pleasant_disorder; 05-18-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    They're gonna get my gold on the ceiling
    Just a matter of time before they steal it
    That's alright, ain't no guard in my house.
    ~ The Black Keys

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information