AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Germany helped invent anime?

Junior Member Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2012 09:54 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Germany helped invent anime?

So I found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imokawa...kanban_no_Maki

Then I found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momotar...e_Sea_Warriors

Look at the country of origin. I have also been studying the German influence on anime.
    They do use Norse mythology sometimes in anime. I have also been studying the French influence on anime. France invented the first animation ever. Fantasmagorie.

So my question is, who DID invent anime? was it France, since they invented the first animation, or was it germany and japan?

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Germany helped invent anime?

@Cambodian There is a difference between anime, animation, cartoon and such.

Anime is the the word for japanese cartoon/animation, so if you are asking for who invented the anime then yes it was the japanese.

About animantions there is a discussion about that, many says for example that it's not that clip by J. Stuart Blackton that you mentioned that should count since the first animations where those pages that you flipped fast to trick the eyes that pictures where moving - and Joseph Plateau have been given the credit for that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Plateau. So I don't know about the animation part... But the japanese definitely did the anime!

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

3. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Junior Member Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah thanks, but what about Germany?
    If this IS the first anime ever then Germany could have partly invented anime?

As for the second link, that was the first anime FILM.
    And im not suprised Germany helped with this one. Afterall, it was a Propaganda.
    Last edited by Cambodian; 05-06-2012 at 09:18 PM.

5. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cambodian View Post
    Yeah thanks, but what about Germany?
    If this IS the first anime ever then Germany could have partly invented anime?

As for the second link, that was the first anime FILM.
    And im not suprised Germany helped with this one. Afterall, it was a Propaganda.
    Maybe I am missing something in the links- but why should Germany get credit for those?

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have no idea. Just look at the country of origin. It says Japan, Germany.

I have really no idea what Germany did to help out making these animes.
    I expect they did maybe....litle work on it. But im not sure.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cambodian View Post
    I have no idea. Just look at the country of origin. It says Japan, Germany.

I have really no idea what Germany did to help out making these animes.
    I expect they did maybe....litle work on it. But im not sure.
    But you talked about Momotarõ in post three, and that was the second link that you posted. But I can only see Germany mentioned in the first link so where do you read Germany in the second one? As far as I can see it only Japan gets credit in the second link for Mom.

I feel blind. :/

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh, the second one says germany here :/

But the first link i showed you is definetly a german animation. I forget what site i read this on, but apparently Germany had some work on the first link i showed you.
    other than that i honestly dont know.

The second one, may very well be not German and a mistake by wikipedia :/

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Cambodian This is how it looks for me in the 2nd link:

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It's a Japanese animated film, but "anime" as used in its modern definition prescibes to animated works using the manga art style. Osamu Tezuka is widely regarded as the creator of manga and anime, in their modern usage. If you want to discuss his influences, they were French animation and the animated works of Walt Disney.

Outside of the Wikipedia article, I can't find any sources that show German involvement in Momotaro. None of the listed production staff are German. I'd assume that information is incorrect.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, Wikipedia must be tricking me :/ I think im looking at an older version of the article. im not sure.

Warrior of love rainbowman was german and japanese. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0302173/

just go down to country. I also am finding more and more german and japanese animated films.
    Last edited by Cambodian; 05-07-2012 at 09:59 PM.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

That would be because someone, going by the wikipedia name "Johnryanz", has been adding Germany to the country of origin of several animated series on Wikipedia. This same user has also made recent changes to titles on IMDB. These changes were all made between April 29th and May 5th from what I can see.

Your IP address on this forum says you are from around the St. Paul, Minnesota area. The Wikipedia user adding "German" to the anime country of origins is also from the St. Paul area.

This isn't a coincidence; you are adding Germany to the country of origin of anime arbitrarily and without basis. I'm removing your additions from Wikipedia, and I'm alerting the operators of Wikipedia's Anime and Manga Portal to your vandalism. You have also made changes to the Powhatan article on Wikipedia, stating that the tribe originated in Cambodia; I'll be reporting you to the proper group for this article as well.
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 05-07-2012 at 10:41 PM.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Banned Forum / Chat ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario is infamous around these parts ItsMeMario's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-10-2012 01:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Actually THIS is the first anime ever made. It was made in Japan.

The title Katsudo Shashin literally means "moving picture" in English, according to Wikipedia.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information