AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Katawa Shoujo as an anime?

Senior Member Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95 has a reputation beyond repute Blade_Runner95's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Gifts Kunai Shuriken Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2012 03:21 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mastermind676 PSN ID: Blade_Runner95

Default Katawa Shoujo as an anime?

Hi all,

Recently I had the experience of playing Katawa Shoujo, ultimately with 2/5 routes completed thus far. Its probably one of, if not, the best Visual Novels I have had the experience of reading.

I was wondering, to those who have played the VN or those who know the general premise, do you think Katawa Shoujo would make a great anime?

While I am painfully aware that in modern times the concepts of harem and ecchi have skyrocketed beyond belief, and while I am aware that this VN is about a male lead chasing the love of one of 5 girls, I believe it can still be a successful anime.

And yes, I am also aware that the concept of Katawa Shoujo is highly controversial, as it deals with girls with disabilities. However, in my eyes, it is in no way exploitative or demeaning towards those in similar circumstances.

It could very easily become a great Romance/Drama anime, with the character interaction between Nakai and the 5 girls. Figuring out their emotional and physical problems, and solving them while developing their relationships, could be extremely successful......

.......maybe even rivaling the emotion of shows such as Clannad and Air, if produced correctly.

The episodic format could also follow a linearity similar to, say, Shuffle. Implemented as an arc system. It could allocate maybe 5-6 episodes a character?

I want to hear all of your opinions on this, whether its a good idea, what studio could hypothetically (maybe even realistically) develop it, your thoughts etc.

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Katawa Shoujo as an anime?

Hi

I stumbled on @Munchman 's blog last time and he was playing this VN, so I downloaded it. It turns out that this VN is pretty good, I admit. I think that Katawa Shoujo would make a great anime. But there's always a problem with VN novel if you want to make it into anime. How to pair it with one girl or one guy only? Everyone has their own preference on a character/characters that they want to pair with the protagonist. I've never watched Shuffle, but from what you said, it seems like there are different endings. That might be good for VN. About the studio, I honestly have no idea, lol.

Also, since you seem to play some VNs, have you tried playing Yo Jin Bo? It's a pretty good VN, with Japanese voice actors. It's set in feudal era. The art is good too. Check it out if you want.

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Devourer of Realms Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Present The one Ring Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2014 04:31 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mclovin

@CrimsonMoon Well , i think that they could fix that problem by adding several different male characters , and instead of having ONE main character they could focus on the actions of several different guys.

And yeah , id love it if it was turned into an anime. Id get to see more of my beloved Hanako , and i bet Kenji would make for some good comical relief.
    “The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.” - Chuck Palahniuk

New Blog!
    http://www.animeforum.com/blog.php?286738-Munchman
    A Completely Mediocre and Overdone Blog
    Now with 22% more entries!
    Make that 22.3735242%!

Member Captain_Irish is on a distinguished road Captain_Irish's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2012 09:32 AM
    Threads

I freaking love this VN! I haven't played a whole lot of them but I have played a few that have been called "the best" and Katawa Shoujo is so much better than them. As an anime, I think it could work. As @CrimsonMoon said it would be difficult because people have there preferences and it would cause a lot of disappointment if they picked one girl for Hisao to get romantically involved with at the end. I know they definitely won't go the School Days route with it and make him go for every girl(Mainly because you can't do that in the game itself and because it didn't work out well in School Days). Anyway if some studio like KyoAni or whatever announced "We're making the highly popular Katawa Shoujo our main focus for the time being" I would actually cry tears of joy..For days...can you tell that I love this game? XD

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

I have played the game six times (twice for Hanako, Emi and Lily) and I think it would be awesome as an anime
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It will never be an anime. They'd have to get the rights to do it from Four Leaf Studios - a loosely organized group, most of whom have never met, and who disbanded after the project ended. Getting the group to agree on it, and especially sorting out the financials with the group members would be a difficult enough process, but then there's also the inevitable social lash-back at the naming of the game and some of the content - you're not going to get around it simply by telling people to play it so they understand what it's about.

There's hundreds, thousands of independent visual novels created in Japan every year, and dozens of major releases. A handful of these might be animated in any given years.

As far as hypothetical production studios:
    But if KyoAni or Xebec were to animate it, I'd have the urge to cause people significant harm. Leave the good stuff to Madhouse, Production IG, Studio 4C, or GAINAX. I'd say the best option is ufotable; they'd be able to capture the ambiance and subtly - that's their forte.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Devourer of Realms Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Present The one Ring Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2014 04:31 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mclovin

@Gjallarhorn

Yeah , i had heard about the whole polemic about the name of the game in Japan.

It really is a shame we wont be able to see this as an anime. Id really like to get to know more of the characters , know how their life will continue , learn more about how their life used to be. I guess that's why movie/anime/book endings make me depressed. Because they are just that: endings...
    “The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.” - Chuck Palahniuk

New Blog!
    http://www.animeforum.com/blog.php?286738-Munchman
    A Completely Mediocre and Overdone Blog
    Now with 22% more entries!
    Make that 22.3735242%!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information