AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Discussion] Beginner GFX classes for all month of may?

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default [Discussion] Beginner GFX classes for all month of may?

How would you guys like to have GFX classes during may? It'll be a hands on experience provided by 5 experienced GFX members on AF chosen by me and seconded by GFX area mods depending on the course and the members expertise in that area.

Hopefully we'll set up 5 teachers (more depending on if two want to teach together) with 5 beginner basic subjects to teach.

Each teacher will sign up for a week in may and then pick two days in that week to have their sessions.

-----------------------------------

So far the courses I have selected to go over are as followed:

Course(s):

Simple Extracting for beginners:
    (learn how to decently extract a stock on your own)
    Teacher(s):
    Date and time:

Tips on Typography:
    (learn about text placement, different fonts, text tools, and more)
    Teacher(s):
    Date & time:

Intro to GIMP & it's features:
    (go over necessity tools and their features as well as show off a few of your easy to achieve tricks for making sigs look awesome)
    Teacher(s):
    Date and Time:

Intro to Photoshop & it's features:
    (go over necessity tools and their features as well as show off a few of your easy to achieve tricks for making sigs look awesome)
    Teacher(s):
    Date and Time:

-----------------------------------

We'll likely use Join.me which allows everyone to live stream the teachers screen and allows the teacher to hand over controls of their screen for hands on activity to let you try out some of what you just learned in case you don't have the program or just for convenience.

Please come forward with some things you want to go over and how you feel about some of the things already listed above. After I compile 5 things to teach then I'll start accepting teacher nominations ^_^

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Pocky Compass
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-27-2013 12:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Discussion] Beginner GFX classes for all month of may?

I would LOVE!!!!!

One of the things i would like to learn more about is making it so images can have transparent backgrounds like with rounded edges and certain sigs that take on some of the forum colors through it.

As a self taught Photoshopper i feel I am not getting the most out of my graphics. I am also having a hard time using some vector art (since i never really used it before) and any tips on that would be amazing. Though if you have any classes I would love to do any of the ones involving photoshop and even illustrator.

I was never really good on my Typography either. I try as hard as I can to put things where i think they would look best and even use separate backgrounds for some of my type. Though a class on it would be wonderful!

Set by Me
    ~Dancing Through Life~

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Interesting concept. I know we did a teacher/pupil thing before, but not on livestream. This could be a fun little project

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I think it's a wonderful activity. I'd consider myself as an okay teacher, but I'd be a little shy talking to new people on livesteam. hahaha <3 I'm looking forward for it.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    I would LOVE!!!!!

One of the things i would like to learn more about is making it so images can have transparent backgrounds like with rounded edges and certain sigs that take on some of the forum colors through it.
    I can easily incorporate this particular editing technique tip somewhere in. It's not difficult at all to do and would be perfect to cover for our trial/beginner/basics month ^__^

Glad you're enthused about it ^___^ I like people who are excited to learn new things or brush up on things they already know and improve it somehow. Thanks a ton for your feedback on it!

@MaruDashi yeah it's a project that really couldn't hurt, if anything it'd make a lot of improvements with the tutorial community and would help those who have trouble following tutorials with the interactions.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

I wouldn't mind actually but the schedule could get hectic for me and I don't have a consistent internet connection.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Seung-li View Post
    I think it's a wonderful activity. I'd consider myself as an okay teacher, but I'd be a little shy talking to new people on livesteam. hahaha <3 I'm looking forward for it.

There's other ways to get around actually speaking, I'm sure you can have notepad up or a messenger of sorts.. We'll have to figure out something for those who do not wish to speak ^_^; I think you'd do good in typography as I mentioned earlier.. But we'll nominate who goes where later..

Quote Originally Posted by Light Buster View Post
    I wouldn't mind actually but the schedule could get hectic for me and I don't have a consistent internet connection.
    Well what parts would you be interested in? And what is your schedule on average like so hopefully the person doing the courses you'd like to check out can consider your availability along with theirs. (include your timezone too)
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 04-24-2012 at 09:07 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@blueangel06661

I think it would be cool too if the sessions could be recorded for those who can't make it to one session or multiple ones.

9. Likes Road, mrpineapple liked this post
    Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I can work with Photoshop and a few of typography. xD ahaha
    Besides those programs, why not with others such as Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc. I maaaay need help with it as well.

11. Thanks Aleyna thanked for this post
    Likes Aleyna, Road liked this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Seung-li View Post
    I can work with Photoshop and a few of typography. xD ahaha
    Besides those programs, why not with others such as Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc. I maaaay need help with it as well.
    Yeah, I'm thinking those in the future if we cover the basics successfully.. Try to see how everything goes with easy stuff that isn't overly complicated to teach and learn so we can get a feel of how this whole process works.

@kaitou , I'm hear all day everyday I can be sure I'm there to record, except for some reason my screen recording doesn't do sound.. I'm not sure if join.me automatically has a record button or not.. Then there's the task of finding a place to upload something that long... Maybe have someone who missed it ask someone who was there to go over it with them? We'll have to come up with a solution on this too.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 04-24-2012 at 09:17 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking those in the future if we cover the basics successfully.. Try to see how everything goes with easy stuff that isn't overly complicated to teach and learn so we can get a feel of how this whole process works.

@kaitou , I'm hear all day everyday I can be sure I'm there to record, except for some reason my screen recording doesn't do sound.. I'm not sure if join.me automatically has a record button or not.. Then there's the task of finding a place to upload something that long... Maybe have someone who missed it ask someone who was there to go over it with them? We'll have to come up with a solution on this too.
    I dunno how Join.me works but I think anyone who partakes on the lesson can record the session.

Then maybe a thread can be created keeping a log of all the lessons.

Member Xel is on a distinguished road Xel's Avatar
    Gil
    Hacker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2012 01:25 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xelphus

what about specifics? I'm satisfied with where I'm at with small works (icons, sigs, etc) but I'd like to get better with LP and eventually Wallpapers, but neither of those are covered under your earlier suggestions. It might be a viable function, considering this site's wallpaper section

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Well what parts would you be interested in? And what is your schedule on average like so hopefully the person doing the courses you'd like to check out can consider your availability along with theirs. (include your timezone too)
    I'm currently interested in taking the whole thing and my schedule as follows:

(Monday, Wednesdays) Classes @ 9:45 to 3:00 PM
    (Tuesday, Thursdays) Class @ 7:50 to 11:00 AM

Internet available from 9:30 AM until 7:30 PM at home.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Xel View Post
    what about specifics? I'm satisfied with where I'm at with small works (icons, sigs, etc) but I'd like to get better with LP and eventually Wallpapers, but neither of those are covered under your earlier suggestions. It might be a viable function, considering this site's wallpaper section
    Right now we're just covering basics, so anything we go over/give tips on can be applied to anything really. However how to managing space (large and small) could be an option in not now then later. Which is good for getting started in WP's and LP's because the problem most beginner wallers have is how to manage/fill all the space they are given appropriately.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

I'm probably going to be adding more stuff to the list up top soon, then create a tread with a poll to see what top five are in most demand and set things up with those five and save the leftovers for later..

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Right now we're just covering basics, so anything we go over/give tips on can be applied to anything really. However how to managing space (large and small) could be an option in not now then later. Which is good for getting started in WP's and LP's because the problem most beginner wallers have is how to manage/fill all the space they are given appropriately.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

I'm probably going to be adding more stuff to the list up top soon, then create a tread with a poll to see what top five are in most demand and set things up with those five and save the leftovers for later..
    Do you plan to divide the courses by lessons?

For Extractions (for example); Lesson 1 would be simple extractions (an insignia?) and as the students keep progressing they extract more difficult stuff, like a character from a wallpaper or whatnot.

or everything is gonna be straight to the point?

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    Do you plan to divide the courses by lessons?

For Extractions (for example); Lesson 1 would be simple extractions (an insignia?) and as the students keep progressing they extract more difficult stuff, like a character from a wallpaper or whatnot.

or everything is gonna be straight to the point?
    Yeah, right now it's just, extracting to get you by you know. Just clean enough to pass off in signature and things. I know a lot of beginner members who extract their own things leave a LOT of white spots so hopefully with this we can go over on how to make it clean as possible as quick and easy as possible, and it'll be whoever is comfortable teaching/knowledgeable about extracting to want to take it further in the future. But right now this is just a small project to see how well this works and see how well people teach and how well people learn using this method of approach.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Junior Member NoeLCooL45 is on a distinguished road NoeLCooL45's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2012 07:30 PM
    Threads

I'll like to learn how to make sig like your da one.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cowboy Hat Mario Chain Chomp Venus Star Wand Top
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2013 07:51 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

(just noticed)

This sounds pretty cool! I'm interested. The only problem is that I can't really do anything after 6 because we relax and watch TV till 11 XD.

But this sounds fun and interesting! *rabidly signs up*

Taking an idea from Light Buster, my schedule is Monday - Friday @ about 10:30, 11:00 (this can change) - 6. I don't get on my computer during the weekends.

21. Thanks blueangel06661 thanked for this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Alright well I'm having teacher sign ups now. Those who posted their schedules I'll be sure that who ever gets the sessions you want reads them so they'll hopefully consider you ^__^

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I agree with @Seung-li about Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and other programs.

I know you're just trying to set up simple Photoshop classes at the moment, but it would be really cool to have other classes available in the future. ^_^
    I am going to college to be a web layout artist right now, so I probably could make some web design tutorials in the future for people on here.

I would really love to see some C4D and fractal tutorials in the future.
    I'm meaning not just how to put them in your signature, but how to make them as well.

Also, I would love to see some filter/plug-in effects tutorials too.
    They can be filters from Photoshop, like Guassian Blur, Liquify, Sharpen etc. or filters that you download/buy like Xero, Mehdi, DC Filters, etc. to apply their effects in your signature.

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information