AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to draw Luffy

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default How to draw Luffy

Hello everyone!

I'm posting a nice drawing (that's what I think) of the awesome Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece, which I want you to please rate: (NOT MY DRAWING!)

Name:  luffy.png
Views: 2274
Size:  299.5 KB

I would say:

Colour: 13/20
    Definetely the worst for me.
    The colours are pale and the difficulty of it was low, the mugiwara is not ok at all.
    It might be not that important depending on the opinion but for me those pale colours give Luffy a tired and weak posture, exactly the opposite of the energetic and amused Luffy we all know, so that's why the low rate.

Basic graphics: 19/20
    Everyone who know's Luffy/watch's One Piece would agree that there couldn't be anyone else in this drawing besides Luffy (but he's features are very distinct from the majority of the anime's character's :P)
    At first sight I think we can agree that Luffy is good.

Details: 18/20
    His eyes are too openend, giving in a distracted look, but in the video (see referrence in the end) the author says he did he proposedly, so I won't count that has bad.
    The scar is cool and equal to the original, so as the eyebrows and hears.
    His head and chin format are also pretty good.

Overal evalution:
    Making the average it would be 17 but misregarding the colours I'd give it 18 out of 20.
    I like it, it's not the best I've seen but pretty good anyway.
    However, Luffy is one of the simplest character's to draw. so my final rate would be 17

Here is the link for the video (about 4 min lenght) with the drawing evolution:
    Last edited by Mugiwara-no-Basuke; 06-18-2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: I didn't clear up somehting

Senior Member モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫's Avatar
    Gil
    Wasted
    Gifts Ouran Patch Baka Death Note
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2013 06:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: otakuforever

Default Re: How to draw Luffy

Colour: 18/20
    I like how you drew Luffy with bold color. It stands out really well. Amazing detail under the chin, where you drew the shadow. Excellent!

At first sight, Luffy was really well-drawned, to the point and you can actually see his expression. Though, no offence, his ears looks weird.

Details: 20/20
    Perfect score! I love how you draw the scar under his eye, and the details on the hat. Amazing!

Overal evaluation:
    From other people drawing Luffy from One Piece I would Have to give you a 19.9/20. Amazing work, very detalic [Meaning that it has alot of detail (A Word I made )].

3. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuForever View Post
    Colour: 18/20
    I like how you drew Luffy with bold color. It stands out really well. Amazing detail under the chin, where you drew the shadow. Excellent!

At first sight, Luffy was really well-drawned, to the point and you can actually see his expression. Though, no offence, his ears looks weird.

Details: 20/20
    Perfect score! I love how you draw the scar under his eye, and the details on the hat. Amazing!

Overal evaluation:
    From other people drawing Luffy from One Piece I would Have to give you a 19.9/20. Amazing work, very detalic [Meaning that it has alot of detail (A Word I made )].
    Thanks a lot for your post! I'm so sad I don't deserve all those complements that's because I didn't draw it, guess I wasn't clear enough in the post, will alter it so that nobody else gives me underseved credits (specially when I draw so bad) :P

Senior Member モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫's Avatar
    Gil
    Wasted
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Aww don't worry. Your probably not a horrible drawer at all! My anime eyes come out uneven, so I frustrate over it. :P And drawing the hair is really hard :3

6. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke thanked for this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Aww don't worry. Your probably not a horrible drawer at all! My anime eyes come out uneven, so I frustrate over it. :P And drawing the hair is really hard :3
    You're so kind But for me even drawing a tree is complicated when it implies doing more than a vertical rectangle with a circle in the top for the leaves ah ah

Gil
    Wasted
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Don't worry, my trees look like a melon on a stick ;D

9. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ah ah, so ye're both excelent drawers! xD

Gil
    Wasted
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yeah! One day our art will be on the wall of fame xD

12. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah! One day our art will be on the wall of fame xD
    Ah ah, till then we'll be charmed by photobucket and flikr pics loool

Gil
    Wasted
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Luffy:2687727
    Ah ah, till then we'll be charmed by photobucket and flikr pics loool
    Loool! Charmed by photobucket, then charmed by the world!

15. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Loool! Charmed by photobucket, then charmed by the world!
    Ah ah, so comes for facebook and 9gag xD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information