AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Road's Sigs

Senior Member Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Pocky Compass
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-27-2013 12:29 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Road's Sigs

Hey all! Strangely enough this is also my first post xD

A couple years ago I was a moderator on a few other anime forums yet real life got in the way and I lost interest. On one of them I made sigs for other people and I would love to do so here.

So seeing this sub forum I would love to display a lot of my past works and such haha.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: Road's Sigs

They are okay, you made all of them the same way though and the quality is lacking. I've noticed they are all .jpg's and one is even a gif and it's not animated or anything?? For future reference use .png to save your works. It won't lower the quality like jpeg and gif [unless it's actually a gif]. You say these are older works? How old are they? Do you plan to make anymore current ones?

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road has a reputation beyond repute Road's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Pocky Compass
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

yeah all but the first one is about 3 or 4 years old. The Gif one was made a Gif, because at the time i was learning how to make the rounded edges and it called for it. They all look the same, because most of the ones that were requested of my were asked for that way. Minus the ones i made for myself.

Ill post more recent stuff.

Senior Member LeiLori has a reputation beyond repute LeiLori has a reputation beyond repute LeiLori has a reputation beyond repute LeiLori has a reputation beyond repute LeiLori has a reputation beyond repute LeiLori has a reputation beyond repute LeiLori has a reputation beyond repute LeiLori has a reputation beyond repute LeiLori has a reputation beyond repute LeiLori has a reputation beyond repute LeiLori has a reputation beyond repute LeiLori's Avatar
    Gil
    Goofy
    Gifts Naruto Sharingan Naruto Sharingan Naruto Headband
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2012 02:43 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Leilori

Some of 'em are really cute, like the girly ones. Good job

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    The Gif one was made a Gif, because at the time i was learning how to make the rounded edges and it called for it.

Use .PNGs for transparent/rounded edges not GIF. ^-^ I don't recommend using gif for anything unless it looks like my sig.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Pocky Compass
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I learned most all of my photoshop techniques from tutorial that date back to 2004 and 2005, gah... i need to brush up on my file formats >.>

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Why did you save some of your work as jpgs? They're evil things... very evil little things to signatures and they make the quality of it really icky. Not that I'm saying your works are icky. ^^'

Now you're telling us that your techniques were back in 04 and 05, deviantArt have so many tutorials there of how to make signatures. Saving your files as pngs are better too because the quality is clear and the signature itself will look a little cleaner that way. You should post in recent works because I can't just give you comments on them when they're old as that. :c Anyways, a few notes that I'll give you just to improve. And I think I should give these tips to people from now on anyway. aha

1- You are good as your reference.
    When you get the good things, whatever you will do it will end up good. And that is your goal as the artist to accomplish that.

2- Find something or someone to inspire you.
    If you have found a signature that you love so much, try to emulate them. In that way you are learning and you're really improving that way when creating your signature.

3- Practice makes perfect.
    Keep making signatures everyday if you have to. However I don't think it's best to post them up all the time, each and everyday. What you do is that when you will make a post at least have multiples so you and the viewers will see what you have doing. (Also, not have too many post around, think of it you'll save some "paper" [forum posts here].)

4- Browse around to get more sources.
    Find the site you like for brushes, fonts, textures, tutorials, renders, etc. Sources for you to do your work and make sure you'll use it all. At least get the ones that will be most appropriate for your signature or whatever graphics you will do.

5- Ask a buddy.
    Have someone as some kind of a role model when you do things. They give you tips, help you improve, and best of all that person will be a friend in and out of graphics. You can even help out one another in signatures. Here in the forum, sometimes you do collaborations together on graphics and at the same time you learn what the other does.

6- Love your hardwork.
    I can't stress that enough, you know what you did and I know no matter what you will always love how you did your work, even if it would be bashed. We as humans, sometimes it's hard to say things in a nice way, and then when we do sometimes it turns out we sound mean. Our intentions are good, it's up to you as a person and an artist to take it in a good way. So do what you feel is good for your stuff and do more so you will go far. <3

Anyways, good luck with your next batch of signatures. I will be looking forward for them as well as other people here on AF.

8. Thanks Road thanked for this post
    Senior Member ilovepuppies32 is infamous around these parts ilovepuppies32 is infamous around these parts ilovepuppies32 is infamous around these parts ilovepuppies32 is infamous around these parts ilovepuppies32 is infamous around these parts ilovepuppies32 is infamous around these parts ilovepuppies32 is infamous around these parts ilovepuppies32 is infamous around these parts ilovepuppies32 is infamous around these parts ilovepuppies32 is infamous around these parts ilovepuppies32 is infamous around these parts ilovepuppies32's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2012 02:02 PM
    Threads

I like them but a few are blury

Senior Member .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Baka Baka Cookie
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2013 12:27 PM
    Threads

Well they are very awsome. But some are so darky
    l~SophieChan~l
    Do not worry.
    Do not be anxious.
    Do not regret.

Your choice is the right way.
    Your heart is righteous.

Nanobyte's minion Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Cheese Cake
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2015 03:20 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The chars are kind of blurry and low-quality in certain sigs. Plus you use the same effects on most of them, so that's kind of monotone. But keep up the great work and you're bound to get better at it!
    Set by me

Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Pocky Compass
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

New sig and its a .png this time xD

Last edited by Road; 04-22-2012 at 01:46 AM. Reason: spelling xD

Set by Me
    ~Dancing Through Life~

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

You need to resize the width of your sig. The left purple glow orb randomly cuts off short like you didn't align it to the edge well. You're getting better on experimenting new things and the stock is actually clear! I like it! Good improvements! You still have some flaws but you're getting the hang of the DO's and DONT's.. Don't worry though, once I didn't align a border well, for a contest!! It was mighty embarrassing! >__<

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

14. Thanks Road thanked for this post
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Pocky Compass
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    You need to resize the width of your sig. The left purple glow orb randomly cuts off short like you didn't align it to the edge well. You're getting better on experimenting new things and the stock is actually clear! I like it! Good improvements! You still have some flaws but you're getting the hang of the DO's and DONT's.. Don't worry though, once I didn't align a border well, for a contest!! It was mighty embarrassing! >__<
    OMG i i have no idea how that happened sigh... that was not supposed to happed xD thanks for pointing that out to me, i made it really late last night haha my eyes must have glazed over a bit x)
    Last edited by Road; 04-22-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Set by Me
    ~Dancing Through Life~

Senior Member Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Watermelon Squid Empty Box
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2013 04:02 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: hakonoko

its nice,
    its not too fancy over the top that you don't wanna see it, but its also not so plain and simple makes you wonder what's going on... with the white spaces of evil.. (I should say black, but white is also evil ..if too much.. orz)

xDD

The third eye of love Koishi Komeiji Closed eyes of love
    Let us seek that side.
    (´・ω・`)コンチャ!

17. Likes Road liked this post
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Pocky Compass
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Here are some new ones i did for some requests! I would love critiques!

Set by Me
    ~Dancing Through Life~

19. Likes NoeLCooL45 liked this post
    Junior Member NoeLCooL45 is on a distinguished road NoeLCooL45's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2012 07:30 PM
    Threads

your sig are good, you just need to make it small, it's always good for sig maker.

Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Pocky Compass
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoeLCooL45 View Post
    your sig are good, you just need to make it small, it's always good for sig maker.
    I was asked for that big of a sig xD

Set by Me
    ~Dancing Through Life~

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I was asked for that big of a sig xD
    That's fine, if so.

23. Likes Road liked this post
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Pocky Compass
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

New sig made using Ellipsis' tut. Tell me how I did!

Set by Me
    ~Dancing Through Life~

25. Likes NoeLCooL45 liked this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

New sig made using Ellipsis' tut. Tell me how I did!

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j.../Tutfinish.png
    The text still isn't quite there but I have to rightfully say you are getting better! You have a nice contrast of colors. I think a border should've probably been added. Now that I'm looking through, I've noticed you haven't put borders on much yet so I'd say maybe add a border to a few things to make it look confined. Like I use a black BG on the forums and the sig's BG is black so it sort of looks like it just randomly is cut off ^-^ You could try the top/bottom only border or you can go all the way around..

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Pocky Compass
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I used to often put black borders on then lower the opacity to keep the image going but keep ot confined as you said. Yet as of late when i go to do so it looks really sloppy -.- i guess i just have to practice a bit more.

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The flow of your new sig is very nice, good to see you're getting better.
    For your text, you just need to keep on making sig, you'll become better in doing text by yourself.
    Last edited by NoeLCooL45; 04-28-2012 at 08:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information