AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 2012: Year of anime 2D fighters?

  1. #1
    AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    87,845.14
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2014 09:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    439
    Posts
    8,460
    Blog Entries
    99
    Rep Power
    8193
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default 2012: Year of anime 2D fighters?

    Is 2012 the year of 2D anime fighters? Like Phantom Breaker (coming to America May 9th).. Skull Girls and Blazblue Extend? I've noticed 2D fighting popularity has gone straight up, especially in the anime category and with a new Blazblue in the works, it makes me wonder if we'll see more in 2012. Since I'm a huge fan (downloading Skull Girls soon) I'm hoping we'll see more soon!

    Opinions?
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

  2. #2
    Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+'s Avatar
    Gil
    54,957,650,132.46
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2014 09:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Akihabara
    Threads
    662
    Posts
    9,981
    Blog Entries
    81
    Rep Power
    6356
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: SalamanderKnight Steam ID: Kaitou-Kid

    Default Re: 2012: Year of anime 2D fighters?

    Nah, dude Anime-art Fighting games have been around since forever. (I take it you never even played Guilty Gear?) I wouldn't put too much emphasis on 2012 considering Extend was released in 2011 in Japan.

    And Skullgirls it's not close to look like an anime ether. Although the game is really simple yet it's so great!

    Also, don't bother with Phantom Breaker...it kinda sucks. I mean I tried the Japanese demo and it didn't really have any depth at all, it felt so bland to me.
    Last edited by Kaitou+; 04-14-2012 at 07:55 PM.


    | PSN: SalamanderKnight | NNID: GameEmpireHD (US) KaitouVG (JP) |
    | Steam: Kaitou-Kid | Origin: GameEmpireHD |
    | 3DS FC: 3496 - 9817 - 0774 (US) | 5258 - 0235 - 2295 (JP) |

  3. #3
    AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    87,845.14
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2014 09:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    439
    Posts
    8,460
    Blog Entries
    99
    Rep Power
    8193
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: 2012: Year of anime 2D fighters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    Nah, dude Anime-art Fighting games have been around since forever. (I take it you never even played Guilty Gear?) I wouldn't put too much emphasis on 2012 considering Extend was released in 2011 in Japan.

    And Skullgirls it's not close to look like an anime ether. Although the game is really simple yet it's so great!

    Also, don't bother with Phantom Breaker...it kinda sucks. I mean I tried the Japanese demo and it didn't really have any depth at all, it felt so bland to me.
    You've read me like a book. How did you know I've never played Guilty Gear? Haha. Well yeah you can make an argument that they've been around, but would you say they are becoming more significent? Thought Skull Girls was anime, excuse my wrong logic.

    You don't like Phantom Breaker!?. What is this Madness?
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

  4. #4
    Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+'s Avatar
    Gil
    54,957,650,132.46
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2014 09:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Akihabara
    Threads
    662
    Posts
    9,981
    Blog Entries
    81
    Rep Power
    6356
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: SalamanderKnight Steam ID: Kaitou-Kid

    Default Re: 2012: Year of anime 2D fighters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mu-12 View Post
    You've read me like a book. How did you know I've never played Guilty Gear? Haha. Well yeah you can make an argument that they've been around, but would you say they are becoming more significent? Thought Skull Girls was anime, excuse my wrong logic.

    You don't like Phantom Breaker!?. What is this Madness?
    About it being more significance? It actually never made much of a difference to people. I'm going to get into this in a separate post.

    The game is just sloppy in some many level, dude. Crappy animation, broken system and had no depth at all...way too simple, and not in the good way. It feels like that one Wii game I played but I forgot it's name.

    Maybe they improved it for us Americans but when I played the demo last year, it was so garbage.

    If you want a loli game? Get your hands on Arcana Hearts 3.
    Last edited by Kaitou+; 04-14-2012 at 08:12 PM.


    | PSN: SalamanderKnight | NNID: GameEmpireHD (US) KaitouVG (JP) |
    | Steam: Kaitou-Kid | Origin: GameEmpireHD |
    | 3DS FC: 3496 - 9817 - 0774 (US) | 5258 - 0235 - 2295 (JP) |

  5. #5
    AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    87,845.14
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2014 09:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    439
    Posts
    8,460
    Blog Entries
    99
    Rep Power
    8193
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: 2012: Year of anime 2D fighters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    About it being more significance? It actually never made much of a difference to people. I'm going to get into this in a separate post.

    The game is just sloppy in some many level, dude. Crappy animation, broken system and had no depth at all...way too simple, and not in the good way. It feels like that one Wii game I played but I forgot it's name.

    Maybe they improved it for us Americans but when I played the demo last year, it was so garbage.

    If you want a loli game? Get your hands on Arcana Hearts 3.
    I've heard a lot about that game, though is it a 360 game?

    Phantom Breaker was fixed a bit, less broken but prob still bland.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

  6. #6
    Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+'s Avatar
    Gil
    54,957,650,132.46
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2014 09:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Akihabara
    Threads
    662
    Posts
    9,981
    Blog Entries
    81
    Rep Power
    6356
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: SalamanderKnight Steam ID: Kaitou-Kid

    Default Re: 2012: Year of anime 2D fighters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mu-12 View Post
    I've heard a lot about that game, though is it a 360 game?

    Phantom Breaker was fixed a bit, less broken but prob still bland.
    Well, yes, but it's only out for Japan on the Xbox 360 while you can get it digitally on the PSN store.

    Like I said, anime-art fighting games had been made for a lot of years (I take it you never played Melty Blood either =P) and this year it's not really any different than the former years. It hasn't made any impact whatsoever for others to make more anime artstyle fighting games. However, the only impact it has done, for example with BlazBlue it has brought anime fans into the fighting community, but not because of the game being great but because of the anime apperances that it appeals said people. Now, this could be be both good because it expands the audiance and making it a bigger event when it comes to tournament but it could also be bad because of said people that it has brought. First, because they only play it because it's anime and not because of the actual game and probably don't really care about improving in the game and second because of the stereotypical weaboo, that in a way scars the image of the fighting community, but I don't want to make your thread into a judgemental one. But if you want my opinion of this, I added you on Skype so we can chat it up in there.

    However, this has been slowly happening for quite some time so 2012 is still nothing new.


    | PSN: SalamanderKnight | NNID: GameEmpireHD (US) KaitouVG (JP) |
    | Steam: Kaitou-Kid | Origin: GameEmpireHD |
    | 3DS FC: 3496 - 9817 - 0774 (US) | 5258 - 0235 - 2295 (JP) |

  7. #7
    AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    87,845.14
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Watermelon Watermelon
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2014 09:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    North Reading Massachusetts
    Age
    21
    Threads
    439
    Posts
    8,460
    Blog Entries
    99
    Rep Power
    8193
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

    Default Re: 2012: Year of anime 2D fighters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou+ View Post
    Well, yes, but it's only out for Japan on the Xbox 360 while you can get it digitally on the PSN store.

    Like I said, anime-art fighting games had been made for a lot of years (I take it you never played Melty Blood either =P) and this year it's not really any different than the former years. It hasn't made any impact whatsoever for others to make more anime artstyle fighting games. However, the only impact it has done, for example with BlazBlue it has brought anime fans into the fighting community, but not because of the game being great but because of the anime apperances that it appeals said people. Now, this could be be both good because it expands the audiance and making it a bigger event when it comes to tournament but it could also be bad because of said people that it has brought. First, because they only play it because it's anime and not because of the actual game and probably don't really care about improving in the game and second because of the stereotypical weaboo, that in a way scars the image of the fighting community, but I don't want to make your thread into a judgemental one. But if you want my opinion of this, I added you on Skype so we can chat it up in there.

    However, this has been slowly happening for quite some time so 2012 is still nothing new.
    Melty Blood? What system is that for? I rarely get on skype (3ds) but I can try sometime. But back to the topic, I see what you mean.. I just thought 2d anime fighting games have gotten more publicity lately, though maybe that is incorrect haha.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!


    ~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

  8. #8
    Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+'s Avatar
    Gil
    54,957,650,132.46
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2014 09:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Akihabara
    Threads
    662
    Posts
    9,981
    Blog Entries
    81
    Rep Power
    6356
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: SalamanderKnight Steam ID: Kaitou-Kid

    Default Re: 2012: Year of anime 2D fighters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mu-12 View Post
    Melty Blood? What system is that for? I rarely get on skype (3ds) but I can try sometime. But back to the topic, I see what you mean.. I just thought 2d anime fighting games have gotten more publicity lately, though maybe that is incorrect haha.
    The arcades (obviously), PS2 and Windows PC. With the latest installment Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code releasing on October 2011 on Arcades and December 2011 on Wndows PC.

    I can name you a lot of games, so yeah. xD

    However what has been publicly increasing is the King of Fighters fanbase, thanks to KoFXIII.


    | PSN: SalamanderKnight | NNID: GameEmpireHD (US) KaitouVG (JP) |
    | Steam: Kaitou-Kid | Origin: GameEmpireHD |
    | 3DS FC: 3496 - 9817 - 0774 (US) | 5258 - 0235 - 2295 (JP) |

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. London Anime Con on 11-12 Feb 2012
    By LondonAnimeCon in forum Conventions/Cosplay and Merch
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 03:07 PM
  2. Any new anime or manga coming out in 2012?
    By AnimeFrost in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 06:59 PM
  3. Anime Fighters
    By kfc001 in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 05:55 PM
  4. Anime Girls + 2d Fighters...
    By Himezaki in forum Video Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts