AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AshureeChan's Graphics! :3

Senior Member AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Systems N64 Hello Kitty Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2017 03:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default AshureeChan's Graphics! :3

I've been making graphics since I was 12.
    I've always used some version of photoshop.
    But since I got my laptop I've been using GIMP a lot lately
    I DEFINITELY prefer Photoshop CS5 that we have but it's
    on the desktop and sometimes I get lazy about changing computers haha
    So here is some stuff I've made on gimp...

Okay so the text SUCKS on this one... I should change it sometime.

And here's some stuff made in Photoshop...

Last edited by AshureeChan; 04-13-2012 at 10:25 AM.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: AshureeChan's Graphics! :3

They are alright, sort of simple but you have room for improvements. I see a lot of mistakes in them. Like erasing too much or so. But all it takes is more practice. Personally your best is the first and the selena one. However the text on Selena needs work and the head/hair/and microphone are sort of awkward to look at. The text in the 4th is the best, though could've had a better color. I also like this piece but the head in her legs is awkward as well. How about trying to just manipulate one stock and make something from that without blending a lot together.

Not like the forrest, you have a lot of tree's on her face which makes it really bad to look at :S and the last one is weirdly erased in the bottom portion.. I like the shoulders up and the effects with the smoke but shoulders down is just "eh"

Hope to see you stick around and get better ^_^

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    They are alright, sort of simple but you have room for improvements. I see a lot of mistakes in them. Like erasing too much or so. But all it takes is more practice. Personally your best is the first and the selena one. However the text on Selena needs work and the head/hair/and microphone are sort of awkward to look at. The text in the 4th is the best, though could've had a better color. I also like this piece but the head in her legs is awkward as well. How about trying to just manipulate one stock and make something from that without blending a lot together.

Not like the forrest, you have a lot of tree's on her face which makes it really bad to look at :S and the last one is weirdly erased in the bottom portion.. I like the shoulders up and the effects with the smoke but shoulders down is just "eh"

Hope to see you stick around and get better ^_^
    Some of what you said I definitely agree with and some of it I stick to defend haha I agree with what you said about the mic, I never noticed that until now and the stuff I made in gimp is pretty crappy being as gimp just isn't a very good program for making graphics and I still can't get used to it.

About the text in the 4th pic, I really liked the text color I understand how you feel about the forest pic but I did what I did on purpose, I wanted the girl to be a part of the forest. and I don't get what you said about the last pic because I didn't erase anything and I liked the way the smoke turned out.

I'm not trying to be all defensive I do want to improve but I've never had a real teacher to tell me how to use photoshop and it's something I'd look into if I could find one.

And on a final note I know my stuff is simplistic, that's just how I like it, I can't stand all the loud graphics with 20 different colors and patterns... I'm just simple minded, and it shows up in my graphics.

I'm going to keep trying and keep improving and I value your comments

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AshureeChan View Post
    gimp is pretty crappy being as gimp just isn't a very good program for making graphics and I still can't get used to it.
    Naieve since one of our best sig makers on AF uses gimp. Do not blame the program on your lack of fully understanding it's functions and calling it a crappy program when if used correctly is no different than PS.http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...ing&highlight=

I understand how you feel about the forest pic but I did what I did on purpose, I wanted the girl to be a part of the forest.
    Sure but there are better ways to go about doing that. The current method just lowered the overall quality of the work with so much from the trees randomly missing. There's trying to make her look like she's part of the forrest, and then there's trying to cut out the forrest and placing her in there.

I'm not trying to be all defensive I do want to improve but I've never had a real teacher to tell me how to use photoshop and it's something I'd look into if I could find one.
    None of us really had teachers either, least I didn't. I had a design teacher for one year in HS but there was nothing she could teach me as I already knew it by that point. All it takes is practice and dedication to improving your skill.

Below I have circled the problem areas in two of your sigs that reduces the over-all neat and aesthetic view of the image.

Just trying to help you see some flaws and know what not to do the next time you create something and to help not blame the lack of a professional teacher & blaming your program. -__- .

Do try to look up gimp tutorials on Deviant art to help you get familiar with some of the options it has and what the tools do. Plus you'll learn a few new tricks ^_^
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2ltsqi8 copy.png‎
Views:	10
Size:	919.9 KB
ID:	60504   Click image for larger version

Name:	s4uu4k copy.png‎
Views:	9
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	60505  

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm not blaming the program or lack of teacher. Sorry if it sounded that way. I'm just not a GIMP fan
    I'd much rather use PS since it's all I've ever used, before GIMP

I should have phrased some things better... I meant I learn better with a teacher, self-teaching is not
    something I do well.

I didn't mean to sound like I was blaming people and programs. I apologize for this misconception on my part.

I understand your giving me advice. And I'm not trying to overly defend myself.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Just practice some more.. It's fun and it wouldn't hurt ^__^ Can't wait to see more stuff.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Just practice some more.. It's fun and it wouldn't hurt ^__^ Can't wait to see more stuff.
    Thanks, This is something I made just today...
    It took me like 5 hours XD

Last edited by AshureeChan; 04-14-2012 at 05:47 PM.

8. Likes blueangel06661 liked this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Thanks, This is something I made just today...
    It took me like 5 hours XD

http://i39.tinypic.com/9irdkm.jpg
    Well it shows since that's the best. the text, and over-all constructive-ness of it. Well done!! See all it takes is a little work. Are you proud of the way it turned out?

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well it shows since that's the best. the text, and over-all constructive-ness of it. Well done!! See all it takes is a little work. Are you proud of the way it turned out?
    Thanks! ^_^
    Yeah It's hard to get time to work with PS since when my dad's home he's on the desktop for HOURS! lol
    I have to wait till he's gone :P and Yeah I am, very satisfied I know I do much better work when I put more hours into it.
    I very much appreciate your opinions and thanks for the encouragement

Junior Member 13th Zabuza is on a distinguished road 13th Zabuza's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2012 09:32 AM
    Threads

I like the last one you posted, it shows improvement AND that putting the time in helps.

The colours & effects work well together & i even like the text, but i did feel that having the second copy of kun [the left one] wasnt really needed. I understand its an effect you wanted, but for me personally it didnt really fit. Maybe try making that one less dominant instead? slightly more faded or desaturated maybe? just an idea

Regardless its a good piece & i hope to see more soon, keep it up

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Are these signatures? If so do you want me to go ahead and create you a signature thread in sigs/avi section? (or if you want you can do it on your own and I can delete your post here..)

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Are these signatures? If so do you want me to go ahead and create you a signature thread in sigs/avi section? (or if you want you can do it on your own and I can delete your post here..)
    They are sigs and thanks that'd be oh so kind of you

| Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube | MyAnimeList |

"Frustrations will not last forever. Nobody can keep on going without some measure of reward."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information