AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sakamichi no Apollon (Kids on the Slope)

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Sakamichi no Apollon (Kids on the Slope)

Set in 1966, Sakamichi no Apollon follows Kaoru Nishimi as he moves from his home. At his new school be befriends the local delinquint, and is introduced to jazz.

Now while that sounds pretty great, especially as someone who loves jazz, here's the kicker: it brings together one of the greatest anime directors, and the greatest anime composer, for the first time since Cowboy Bebop.

The director is Shinichiro Watanabe, who directed Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and parts of The Animatrix.

The composer is Yoko Kanno, who...is basically the patron saint of music. She composed for Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Darker Than Black, several Macross series, etc., etc.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Shuriken Systems PS3 Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2014 11:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Explorer Oak

Default Re: Sakamichi no Apollon (Kids on the Slope)

Sounds good, where can i find this yo?

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

You can watch the legal simulcast with a free/trial account on Crunchyroll.

Senior Member LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Gurren Drill Bioshock Eve 2 Nachos
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2012 03:28 PM
    Threads

The first episode was really nice. The sailor guy in there is awesome. I have high hopes for this to be a really nice slice of life anime. Potential to be best this year.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by LivioRazlo View Post
    The first episode was really nice. The sailor guy in there is awesome. I have high hopes for this to be a really nice slice of life anime. Potential to be best this year.
    This.

I noticed that every note or beat played in the music was in-time with the animation, and the characters were actually playing the proper notes/chords/beats. I also liked that they threw in some Claude Debussy (Nishimi was playing "Clair de Lune" for his cousin on the piano) and Art Blakey.

Senior Member LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Gurren Drill Bioshock Eve 2 Nachos
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2012 03:28 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    This.

I noticed that every note or beat played in the music was in-time with the animation, and the characters were actually playing the proper notes/chords/beats. I also liked that they threw in some Claude Debussy (Nishimi was playing "Clair de Lune" for his cousin on the piano) and Art Blakey.
    yeah, really high class taste in music. Animation that is really supurb and fits the genre to the letter; definitely what i expect from the people that brought us cowboy bebop and literally manga itself. I got goosebumps when he played those drums. I am pretty certain this is going to find a prized place in my anime collection.

Senior Member Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2012 12:51 AM
    Threads

I couldn't be less interested in jazz music, but... with all the hype about it, maybe I'll give it a go. Would I still enjoy it?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    I couldn't be less interested in jazz music, but... with all the hype about it, maybe I'll give it a go. Would I still enjoy it?
    Maybe. At it's core it's still a regular school-life series; there will ultimately be personal drama, the making-and-breaking of friendships, and that sort of thing. But it is nevertheless a Noitamina (a timeblock featuring more art-y anime) series, and it's really being pitched toward musicians and music enthusiasts. That is where a lot of its depth is going to be, or where the depth of its characters and story are going to come from. In that sense, it's the first real music anime since Nodame Cantabile and BECK, but I don't think it holds the same mass-appeal value of either series. By comparison, Nodame Cantabile was driven by its character drama, and BECK was more focused on how bands and popular music function than on the music itself.

At first glance, I'd say its similar to the early volumes/episodes of BECK, but with more focus on music. It's pretty easy to draw a line between the roles of Sentaro to Nishimi and Ryuu to Koyuki.

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

I'm liking this one quite abit

What's another word for "cool" that they used back in the 60s or did they use "cool"? :P
    Anyway, it's a cool anime xD

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    I'm liking this one quite abit

What's another word for "cool" that they used back in the 60s or did they use "cool"? :P
    Anyway, it's a cool anime xD
    They used "cool" at the time - not sure if they did in Japan, but certainly in the US. Incidentally, "cool" owes its modern usage to post-war jazz culture.

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    They used "cool" at the time - not sure if they did in Japan, but certainly in the US. Incidentally, "cool" owes its modern usage to post-war jazz culture.
    Ah.
    Then cool describes this anime perfectly xD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information