AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anime Endings Frustrate Me!

Junior Member sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 07:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Anime Endings Frustrate Me!

Okay so i have been watching anime on and off for about 7 years. That's a pretty long time, but i always find myself regretting watching romance Anime. and the reason for this is because of the enormous amount of questions i am left with after i watch anime. One of them being "Why do they always have bad endings?". You may notice that I'm posting this in the "Romance" section, and for good reason. Just about any Slice of Life/Romance type of Anime has the worst and in some cases some of the most ridiculous endings. (I am not referring to the songs, but the actual ending of a season or story). I don't want name any specific Anime so that I wont end up insulting anyone, but i will talk about some of the ones that i like. Anohana is one of them. I loved this Anime for several reasons, but the most important one being that it had a solid ending. I wasn't left with any questions concerning the characters, we got a clear picture of where the different characters were heading and the story actually ended. I understand that some of the Animes out there are following the manga and therefore cannot end, and the producers want to ensure a second season so they leave us with a pointless and very vague ending. But sometimes I just get fed up with Anime cliche endings and I'll just end up frustrated with Anime in general. So i guess my question has been pretty vague up until now, but what I really want to know is: why they do this? Why cant end a story without the usual "Everyone is happy yet nothing has happened". And if you can't already tell, i HATE Harems. Talk about cliche endings. So this i just an issue i cant get my head around. I have been reading tons of reviews, and I can clearly see that a good Anime can usually keep a 6 or more grade out of 10 during the story, but may end up plummeting down to a 4 or less because of the ending. Thanks to anyone who responds.
    - sm00zy

2. Likes Screwby, LivioRazlo, Samuru liked this post
    Proud Fangirl Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2014 02:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Anime Endings Frustrate Me!

Wow a great topic. I have also found myself frustrated with many endings. You can read about some of my thoughts in my blog below if you like. I agree with you about Ano Hana, that was a great ending. Recently I was quite disappointed with the ending of Toradora! But I still loved it, I don't think annoying endings are enough to put me off watching romance anime.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2014 07:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I do agree, some endings are horrible. Usually because they expect another season [which may not happen] or a writer or someone dies before the show is completed and the next in line is in a rush to finish or doesn't do a good job even if they are not in a rush. The anime can't cover as much as the manga, and so on..

I've learned to deal with horrible endings and go on with my life sadly :/ I've only seen a few good endings lately. Bad endings/cliff hanger endings seems to be all the rave for writers now n days

[Click on the image above to visit an Etsy art shop run in part by myself and fellow art mod Serated]

今日...明日...永遠に...

Personal Tumblr | Deviant Art | Artsy Tumblr
    >>>View AF's First Banner Contest RESULTS<<<
    Thanks to those who participated & voted

Proud Fangirl Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@blueangel06661 Any recommendations for GOOD endings then??

Senior Member Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru's Avatar
    Gil
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Glass Dice Systems Xbox 360 Controller
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2012 06:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: cubangangster

Can't believe that this topic wasn't made a thread yet. Me gusta.

I'm frustrated with any ending, as I find myself with tons of questions and feelings of how I will "never see those characters again". I find another series and get over it, though. I can name plenty of titles with rediculous titles, but I don't want to spend all day doing that. Can someone recommend me an anime with a DARK structure and a good story?

Lone Wolf

7. Likes Munchman liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2014 07:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    @blueangel06661 Any recommendations for GOOD endings then??
    Clannad had a good ending.. I also think HanaSaku Iroha?(I think that's correct) had a good ending. Eden of the East had a good ending too I think but it's been so long since I've seen it. Kobato had a good ending too as far as I recall..

Usually shorter series lack in good endings. And unfortunately Romance Anime's are short. TBH, I liked the Toradora ending xD

[Click on the image above to visit an Etsy art shop run in part by myself and fellow art mod Serated]

今日...明日...永遠に...

Personal Tumblr | Deviant Art | Artsy Tumblr
    >>>View AF's First Banner Contest RESULTS<<<
    Thanks to those who participated & voted

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Clannad had a good ending.. I also think HanaSaku Iroha?(I think that's correct) had a good ending. Eden of the East had a good ending too I think but it's been so long since I've seen it. Kobato had a good ending too as far as I recall..

Usually shorter series lack in good endings. And unfortunately Romance Anime's are short. TBH, I liked the Toradora ending xD
    I'm almost finished Clannad. Loving every second! Haven't seen HanaSaku Iroha - I'll add it to the list. As I recall Eden of the East had a bit of a vague ending in regards to their relationship. Wasn't too bad, but could have been better. I didn't HATE the Toradora! ending - but I wanted something a little more solid I guess... though it did suit the characters.

10. Likes Krazieboi liked this post
    Senior Member LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Gurren Drill Bioshock Eve 2 Nachos
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sm00zy View Post
    Okay so i have been watching anime on and off for about 7 years. That's a pretty long time, but i always find myself regretting watching romance Anime. and the reason for this is because of the enormous amount of questions i am left with after i watch anime. One of them being "Why do they always have bad endings?". You may notice that I'm posting this in the "Romance" section, and for good reason. Just about any Slice of Life/Romance type of Anime has the worst and in some cases some of the most ridiculous endings. (I am not referring to the songs, but the actual ending of a season or story). I don't want name any specific Anime so that I wont end up insulting anyone, but i will talk about some of the ones that i like. Anohana is one of them. I loved this Anime for several reasons, but the most important one being that it had a solid ending. I wasn't left with any questions concerning the characters, we got a clear picture of where the different characters were heading and the story actually ended. I understand that some of the Animes out there are following the manga and therefore cannot end, and the producers want to ensure a second season so they leave us with a pointless and very vague ending. But sometimes I just get fed up with Anime cliche endings and I'll just end up frustrated with Anime in general. So i guess my question has been pretty vague up until now, but what I really want to know is: why they do this? Why cant end a story without the usual "Everyone is happy yet nothing has happened". And if you can't already tell, i HATE Harems. Talk about cliche endings. So this i just an issue i cant get my head around. I have been reading tons of reviews, and I can clearly see that a good Anime can usually keep a 6 or more grade out of 10 during the story, but may end up plummeting down to a 4 or less because of the ending. Thanks to anyone who responds.
    - sm00zy
    I also hate Harem anime. I've never been able to finish a single one, so i can't say much about their endings. I think the worst ending for me was the ending of the Bunny drop manga. IT WAS SO WRONG!! It wasn't a cliche ending so to speak, it just left me with a horrible taste. I won't say anymore. Those who've read the manga will know what i mean.

Junior Member sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 07:02 PM
    Threads

Personally, i kinda liked Toradoras ending. although it really wasnt as concrete as i would have liked it to be. but i really appreciate that they ended it without to many loose ends. and Ano Hana showed that its possible to have a all rounded anime without a rushed ending in 12 episodes. i mean like zero no tsukaima f was for me, probably the most disappointing anime i have seen in a while. The first two season were decent. Entertaining enough if i was bored. then came the third season, 2nd biggest letdown of the series. they left everything, villains undefeated and story not concluded. then 4 YEARS later. they announced the 4th season, i was actually hyped up for it. then i found myself FORCING myself to watch it because i wanted to see how it ended (although i knew what to expect in terms of relationships, i had high hopes for the ending even tho the rest of the season sucked since they had been working on the story since 2006 or something). And boy was a mad, not only did they waste my time with a stupid plot and annoying characters. but they ended it in the most cliche, annoying, frustrating and stupid way possible. I have seen different opinions concerning zero no tsukaima f and i would like to here what you guys have to say.

Senior Member Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Shuriken Systems PS3 Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2014 12:34 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Explorer Oak

I feel you, elfen lied was the worst. I even got to the point where i was signing 2nd season petitions. -.-"

Senior Member Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2013 03:37 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gyzra

I agree. There are very few animes that I have watched (all genres) where it's had a proper, complete ending. Endings that I liked (these aren't anime though) are things like Lost, Dr Who (David Tennant's time "But...I don't want to die"), Life on Mars (British version, only the original series with Sam Tyler). Because they answered as many questions as they could and gave you the feeling that you wanted more but were happy to let the characters go.
    I also tend to like a lot of video game endings, because they reward you with a long cutscene finishing the character's story and letting go of that world you just spent your time in.
    But, anime doesn't seem to have as much ease creating these effects. Perhaps it is because of the budget limitations and poor planning, perhaps they are axed when they expected another season, or maybe they are following a manga which hasn't finished so they rush it (example of the latter would be Fruits Basket. The ending of the manga was beautifully written but the anime goes off on a random story tangent and then ends).
    One anime I did feel good after the ending was Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and Kai. It felt like you were rewarded for sticking with the anime as it answered all your questions in the last season and you felt it speed up to an exciting end and then finish.
    Perhaps stronger story writers are needed in anime? There's a lot of good story writers in manga and the film area but maybe mainstream anime is lacking...
    "The truth is far darker than you could ever imagine" -The Chronicles of Gyzra
    www.gyzra.com

Please give feedback on my artwork here so I can improve: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...ighlight=gyzra
    Thank you. =]

Senior Member Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Som's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2014 08:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Anime endings are probably bad (the ones that are, that is) because all the writers are burnt out by the end of the series (if it's an extensive one) and they just throw anything in at the end instead of meticulously supplying the viewers with plausible explanations for everything that transpired in the series. I'm not a Romance Anime fan, but I have seen some bad anime endings, like every SINGLE finale of Pokemon. It never fails, and every time, Ash hasn't matured much (10-years-old forever? Egats.) and is on his way to get more gym badges. Besides his "dream" to be a PKMN master (which wasn't very well thought through, on the writers' part), what is the overall end goal again??? Anime endings don't scratch my surface much, but they can be painfully annoying, however.

Your Wi-Fi, it's blown out...
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

ATTENTION: New members wanted for a brand new DIGIMON forum!! It's called MEGITZ: an unfiltered DIGIMON Source . . .

If you are interested in registering and joining, the link is http://www.entermegitz.boards.net

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Gyzra - you liked the Lost ending? I loved the series but was VERY disappointed in the ending. So many things were left unexplained and it it got all religious-y. Not impressed

Senior Member Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra has a reputation beyond repute Gyzra's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

@Jasanime I can understand that a lot of people didn't like that ending, but it was the ending that fit the show best. The whole series was filled with mythology and religion from all faiths and nationalities. And it was the stories of the characters and the history of the island which drove the show and so the ending was about showing you the islands purpose, the reason why they were there, and completing the story of the characters we had met, ready for the island to carry on it's endless journey.
    The majority of questions were answered, all the big ones were, but most were answered subtly. The actual story of the island was told through imagery and symbolism rather than just telling us what was going on. Personally I prefer that kind of story, where you go back and watch it and answer it yourself. =]
    www.gyzra.com

Please give feedback on my artwork here so I can improve: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...ighlight=gyzra
    Thank you. =]

Junior Member Krazieboi is on a distinguished road Krazieboi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2013 11:01 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Krazieboi213

I've finished Clannad so brace yourself for some crying and deep thoughts about love lol

Devourer of Realms Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Present The one Ring Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2014 05:31 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mclovin

I too hate endings. Pretty much every ending being it of a book , a game or an anime feels awful for me. Its like i just lost a good friend. Like those characters will keep on living and i will never hear from them again.

Tough i hate anime's endings even more , since usually the endings don't "end" anything. That and the fact that occasionally anime's endings get a bit too weird for my liking.
    “The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.” - Chuck Palahniuk

New Blog!
    http://www.animeforum.com/blog.php?286738-Munchman
    A Completely Mediocre and Overdone Blog
    Now with 22% more entries!
    Make that 22.3735242%!

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gyzra View Post
    @Jasanime I can understand that a lot of people didn't like that ending, but it was the ending that fit the show best. The whole series was filled with mythology and religion from all faiths and nationalities. And it was the stories of the characters and the history of the island which drove the show and so the ending was about showing you the islands purpose, the reason why they were there, and completing the story of the characters we had met, ready for the island to carry on it's endless journey.
    The majority of questions were answered, all the big ones were, but most were answered subtly. The actual story of the island was told through imagery and symbolism rather than just telling us what was going on. Personally I prefer that kind of story, where you go back and watch it and answer it yourself. =]
    Yeah, I think if I had KNOWN it was that kind of story I would have appreciated the ending. I'm a very logical person who likes science and facts, and that's how I was watching Lost. I think when I get around to watching it again with a different attitude I will enjoy it even more.

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    Yeah, I think if I had KNOWN it was that kind of story I would have appreciated the ending. I'm a very logical person who likes science and facts, and that's how I was watching Lost. I think when I get around to watching it again with a different attitude I will enjoy it even more.
    Ah yes. I think you would have liked Flashforward. Sadly it was cancelled after one season =[ but that would have been like the science version of Lost haha. I like all kinds of science fiction, from the stuff which dabbles in faith to the more hard core science and exploration. =]
    www.gyzra.com

Thank you. =]

22. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1397 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2014 02:07 PM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's not only animes that doesn't have proper endings anymore, (since there may be a new season if it gets popular enought), pretty much all new movies are like that aswell - and that annoys me so much! Take that new the three musketeers movie for example (you who have watched it will know what I am talking about)... blesh...

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Senior Member Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2013 04:37 PM
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Saracin PSN ID: Saracin651

Bad endings or endings that don't really explain a lot are the reasons I read manga more than watch anime. First most animes are based on ongoing manga's, which mean they either create their own ending, or they leave it open in case they are able to make a second season. Of course this isn't to say manga's have great endings either. I'm sure many people will be fuming over the Negima ending for a long time to come.
    But what I really hate are BAD endings. Not ones that are poorly thought out or don't make sense, I'm talking about hero killing, whacking a ton of supporting characters for dramatic effect, or just flat out doing a Evangelion type ending leaving everyone going "WTF???" Too many times you have someone think to themselves that they want an ending that has impact, and even if it doesn't really make sense, they still go off and do something stupid and ruin it for the fans.
    As for those open endings where the hero doesn't pick a girl, or they end it before he kisses his true love, or not everything is answered, its usually because the creator felt like even he couldn't come up with an ending that he felt was right, and in that case we should look to fanfics and doujinshi for the ending we want.

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 06:08 PM
    Threads

Ga-Rei-Zero is not a romance anime but I still feel it is a valid point in how terrible anime endings can be. It's a short anime about two endeering sister who battle evil spirits. It had a couple things wrong with it, mainly that the ending was absolutely horrible and it actually left me very pissed off at whoever wrote that script.

I have yet to watch an actual romance anime outside of Clannad, Air, and Kanon. But those don't focus on the romance part in the way you would expect traditionally from something like maybe a romance novel, etc. I want an anime where they actually show you the kiss! It's such a tease in so many ways that it hurts, and there is no struggle or conflict with their relationship. And strangely enough, I've seen better kiss scenes and better play on the romance in gay/lesbian animes like Koi Suru Boukun, Destiny of the Shrine Maiden, etc (point aside from the "rape scenes"). I wish I knew of more anime that was a true romance rather than the simple "boy meets girl, boy dates girl, the end" sort of thing. Clannad was a great anime whose emotions stemmed very well from the relationships of the various characters but there was little focus on the actual romance side of it and there was no conflict in regard to their relationship as a couple. The side-episode in Clannad where Toyoma and Toyomo get together has more romantic fiber in it than the enirety of Clannad did with Toyoma and Nagisa. That's how I feel.

Also, I'd count Mirai Nikki as a romance just bcuz it does build up very well and there is indeed a conflict/struggle with their relationship.
    Last edited by Ayu 「あゆ」; 05-31-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 05:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

"Mahoromatic" has a modestly satisfying ending, though it gets fairly depressing right beforehand...
    ♥Mikuru Asahina's Soulmate♥

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikuru_Asahina

Junior Member atonement is on a distinguished road atonement's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2012 09:20 AM
    Threads

I don't want that much from the ending just get the girl and the boy together LOVE>CONFESS>KISS. It's not that hard.
    Bad endings, frustrating endings. I mostly watch romance anime. There where endings that ruined the anime for me. I absolutely LOVE Rosario+Vampire, the ending almost made me hate it, but not enough. "Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo" on the other hand, the relationship gets clear very quickly and the rest of the anime focuses on the couple's adventures lets say, the ending is not much but it doesn't leave me frustrated. Toradora also, they got together at the ending and that is enough for me.

The general idea about these stupid endings is they make clear who the couple is, but will NOT let them end up as couple(you know together). WHY? JUST WHY?
    I heard someone suggest "Air". In my opinion not a good ending for "Genre: Drama, Romance, Supernatural, Slice of Life". Let me just say, yes the ending is good, but where is, or was the romance? Did a boy and a girl love each other at the ending?
    I especially hate harem, there you are GUARANTEED to get frustrated by the ending. Let me get this straight: boy loves girl, other girls love the boy. If he loves that one girls, why won't they let him tell her? The reason given is:"I don't want to hurt them" Are you f*****g kidding me?
    To the makers of the anime F*****G STOP IT !

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Unbelievable ! Just finished "Mamotte Shugogetten". It's an older anime with 22 episodes. Listen to this for an ending: after the boy suffered cause she was gone, he brought her back somehow and told her that he loved her. All went back to the routine and all she said when asked by someone how she responded to his love confession was: I love everyone !

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2014 08:41 PM
    Threads

That reminds me... I must kill the creators of Tenchi

Junior Member atonement is on a distinguished road atonement's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2012 09:20 AM
    Threads

I agree these creators must be killed.
    Infact i think I found a picture of one of them:

Yep, sometimes I get the impression romance anime are made by them.
    Last edited by atonement; 06-20-2012 at 07:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information