AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Some Questions on the Animation Industry

Junior Member GermanMinun is on a distinguished road GermanMinun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2012 03:55 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Some Questions on the Animation Industry

I have some questions. I don't know where this belongs to so I have placed it here.

- How do governments play a role in the industry?
    - How is an animation team in the company typically structured?
    - How is a project typically budgeted?
    - What are the obstacles a project may face?
    - What is a typical workflow in a project?

Senior Member Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Watermelon Squid Empty Box
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2013 04:02 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: hakonoko

Default Re: Some Questions on the Animation Industry

http://washiblog.wordpress.com/2011/...ent-behind-it/

don't know if that'll answer some of the questions but it shows how its made and such
    and some things they do and also the 2 different types of animation...
    by what I read xD

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GermanMinun View Post
    I have some questions. I don't know where this belongs to so I have placed it here.

also, I think this thread should be moved to one of the anime threads, since it is related to anime, but I think a mod would have to decide o that

The third eye of love Koishi Komeiji Closed eyes of love
    Let us seek that side.
    (´・ω・`)コンチャ!

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by GermanMinun View Post

1. Outside of censorship laws and the like, they're generally not involved. This has been big in Japan recently, with Ishihara (the governor of Tokyo) cracking down sexual or suggestive content in anime and manga...both of which have been on the rise for the better part of the last decade.
    2. Not an animator, but they're generally broken down by groups. You have designers that come up with the visual elements and character designs, storyboarders to give layouts of frames and scenes, key animators that draw doing key frames, intermediate animators that do the in-between frames. Then you'll probably have touch-up staff that make sure things like movement and audio are in sync, quality checkers, etc. Above those you'll have more management-side animators that manage the groups and make most of the critical decisions regarding animation.
    3. Depends on the company and the size. Typical things like investors, ad revenue, or a portion of the budget from the rest of the company (if the studio is a subsidary). It's sort of general for any entertainment industry - live-action television, film, video games.
    4. Budgets are usually a big problem; unless you work for a company like Disney, animators don't make a lot. Deadlines are strict and pretty much do-or-die; this means long hours, stress, etc.
    5. Typically you have a project pitch, which presents the rough outline for the project. If it's based on a source material, there's licensing, meeting with the original creator(s) for their input, production contracts. There's meetings to hash out it. between the production company, the studio, and other parties involved. As far as animation itself, it would go episode-by-episode. You'd have storyboarding, to lay out the format for the episode. Backgrounds are drawn, key animators draw the main frames, and then the remaining animators (the majority at a studio) would do the in-between animation.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

4. Thanks Explorer Oak thanked for this post
    Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Why does everyone come to AF for homework help?
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Senior Member Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Watermelon Squid Empty Box
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2013 04:02 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: hakonoko

Quote Originally Posted by Xeiz View Post
    Why does everyone come to AF for homework help?
    lololol xD
    dunno, guess theyre bored?
    xD

The third eye of love Koishi Komeiji Closed eyes of love
    Let us seek that side.
    (´・ω・`)コンチャ!

Junior Member GermanMinun is on a distinguished road GermanMinun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2012 03:55 AM
    Threads

Thanks for the answers so far. I needed primary references and the role of the Japanese government especially Ishihara helped me. Thank you.

Closed Thread

Thread Information