AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gundam Wing

Banned Forum / Chat UltimateMegaCannon is on a distinguished road UltimateMegaCannon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-04-2012 11:23 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Gundam Wing

This is quite possibly my favorite anime. How much do you guys like it?

Last edited by UltimateMegaCannon; 03-27-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Senior Member Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Eva NERV Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2014 12:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shibito Steam ID: Shibito

Default Re: Gundam Wing

I only Like troja and Heavy arms. Everyone else was bleh to me.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Be Mine Flowers Fan2 175 - Togepi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 01:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

GW is very possibly the *best* Gundam series out there. Many I'm sure would disagree, but for me-it is. lol. I just recently bough the entire series and it's something I've wanted for *years.* It was my second anime obsession and I still adore it, and it's characters. <3 Viva Gundam Wing~!
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Junior Member soushi is on a distinguished road soushi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2012 07:05 PM
    Threads

I have to agree with you on gundam wing being a good show but you also can't forget gundam seed and gundam 00 I thought these were also great animes

Banned Forum / Chat UltimateMegaCannon is on a distinguished road UltimateMegaCannon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Gundam Seed kind of broke tradition with the previous Gundam shows. Most of the Gundam shows were as kid friendly as things like Power Rangers or X-Men, but Gundam Seed added a significant number of scenes with naked female characters. I think that didn't really fit the Gundam formula. Sure there are other animes that have that kind of thing, but it didn't seem very much like Gundam. So I've really never watched Gundam Seed. In fact I've never completely watched any Gundam other than Gundam Wing, but of the other ones I've seen enough to know that not every ep had nudity. Every (or almost every) episode of Gundam Seed had nudity, and of course it is the only Gundam series to feature an into with nude character (even if only in silhouette). That really kept me from thinking of it as a "true Gundam" series, and more just a "generic mecha" anime. As such, I didn't really watch any of Seed (just enough to know I didn't like it), nor any 00 either (I assume it followed the same formula of using nudity) nor any other Gundam shows that came after (I assumed this was the "new Gundam formula" and it didn't jibe with the Gundam shows especially Gundam Wing, that I have grown to love).

Senior Member Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito has a reputation beyond repute Shibito's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Give G Gundam a Look. A whole new look on how the gundams are and how they are piloted. Great music and Plot twist on you. And there are not that many fillers. Its straight action. with some romance near the end of the anime. some laughs here and there but they maintain to the goal and just epic. Give it a shot. you will love it.

Member CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd is infamous around these parts CaptainFloyd's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario ZStar Eva Penpen Gurren Dai Gurren Dan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2012 10:54 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dirty44Callahan Steam ID: ToradoraWins

I only cared about Duo and Gundam Deathsythe. Best pilot and best Gundam ever

Don't you just hate it when your friends find the right time to play you......

Or when they seem just a bit to random?

I don't lol

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like the Wing Gundam Zero. Its 2-barrel buster rifle was so cool. I mean it just PWNED everything! Also its Zero System which functioned as an artificial intelligence based autopilot system, as well as brain sync system (so the pilot could operate the mech just with his thoughts) was truly epic.
    Last edited by UltimateMegaCannon; 03-27-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Then again. Watch G Gundam. The pilots and the Fights are more intense. The Zero system Is what the gundams them selfs are. LOOK AT IT!!! XD

Senior Member LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Gurren Drill Bioshock Eve 2 Nachos
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2012 03:28 PM
    Threads

If any of you are gundam wing fans and also HeeroXRelena fans check out the 12 chapter series of written stories by Zapenstap called Amour. I won't link it, just google Amour Gundam. But it's not for the young ones! Extremely detailed sex and heavy drama.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LivioRazlo View Post
    If any of you are gundam wing fans and also HeeroXRelena fans check out the 12 chapter series of written stories by Zapenstap called Amour. I won't link it, just google Amour Gundam. But it's not for the young ones! Extremely detailed sex and heavy drama.

An official Gundam hentai? O_O

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Iv read that. Hmm It can fit in with the story line if you think about it. Kinda like Re-Take of the evangelion series. So many Fan made Comics and it ties in soo well with the actual series.

Senior Member LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateMegaCannon View Post
    An official Gundam hentai? O_O
    It's not official, it's a fanfic. And even though sex is a large part of the story, it's less for the sake of titulating, but for showing emotional interaction between Heero and Relena and how it evolves over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Iv read that. Hmm It can fit in with the story line if you think about it. Kinda like Re-Take of the evangelion series. So many Fan made Comics and it ties in soo well with the actual series.
    Indeed, seeing as this is set afterwards it works so well. Have you read the whole thing? The last chapter came out recently. What did you make of the ending? I was very satisfied with it.

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Be Mine Flowers Fan2 175 - Togepi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 01:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

There are a LOT of good fanfics like that out there. If you go to Blissfulignorance.com you can find an etire few forums full of GW fanfiction of the best sort...oxo And not just 1xH either.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Indeed, seeing as this is set afterwards it works so well. Have you read the whole thing? The last chapter came out recently. What did you make of the ending? I was very satisfied with it.
    The last chapter came out? I gotta to look it up then. But Re-Take still gets to me. It was sad but meaningful but epic and ecchi :P but it ties in so well >.< but yeah ill give it a look.

Senior Member Admiral Muffin is on a distinguished road Admiral Muffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2012 01:43 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateMegaCannon View Post
    Gundam Seed kind of broke tradition with the previous Gundam shows. Most of the Gundam shows were as kid friendly as things like Power Rangers or X-Men, but Gundam Seed added a significant number of scenes with naked female characters. I think that didn't really fit the Gundam formula. Sure there are other animes that have that kind of thing, but it didn't seem very much like Gundam. So I've really never watched Gundam Seed. In fact I've never completely watched any Gundam other than Gundam Wing, but of the other ones I've seen enough to know that not every ep had nudity. Every (or almost every) episode of Gundam Seed had nudity, and of course it is the only Gundam series to feature an into with nude character (even if only in silhouette). That really kept me from thinking of it as a "true Gundam" series, and more just a "generic mecha" anime. As such, I didn't really watch any of Seed (just enough to know I didn't like it), nor any 00 either (I assume it followed the same formula of using nudity) nor any other Gundam shows that came after (I assumed this was the "new Gundam formula" and it didn't jibe with the Gundam shows especially Gundam Wing, that I have grown to love).
    Gundam SEED never broke tradition. In fact the first half SEED is much closer to the original show because it's almost a copy of the 0079. Oh and are you sure you watched Gundam SEED? Aside from the implied sex and silhouette, there's no nudity in SEED. Not even one panty shot. Also, most Gundam shows are not kid friendly aside from a few spin-offs. It's always been a gritty war drama from the start, especially the original timeline.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I still think G Gundam Gundam's would beat Wing :P

Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    The last chapter came out? I gotta to look it up then. But Re-Take still gets to me. It was sad but meaningful but epic and ecchi :P but it ties in so well >.< but yeah ill give it a look.
    yep, it's out. It's a happy ending, and me being an old romantic, it's one that is nice

19. Likes Shibito liked this post
    Senior Member Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2013 03:37 PM
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Saracin PSN ID: Saracin651

Gundam Wing was okay, but I never really liked Hiiro. Felt like he was always emotionless and not really evolving. The other pilots were a lot better and came a long way through the series, and honestly sometimes it felt like they were the real heroes of the series. Traize was also a great character and I felt like he really stands out. Also I feel like Gundam 00 is similar to Wing in several ways, so if you like Wing, check it out.

Also I agree with Admiral Muffin that Seed is not the nudity-fest that UltimateMegaCannon made it out to be. Two of the characters do have a sexual relationship and many scenes seem to be focused on Marrue Ramius' bouncing chest, but it was very in line with what most Gundam series are like. Sadly I feel like Destiny is not a great sequel series due to the fact it doesn't seem to have a good idea where to go and then gives up on Shinn as a main character halfway through. Also Seed takes a lot from Gundam 0079 while Seed Destiny uses elements of Zeta Gundam. And as a side note Lacus Clyne is one of the most popular anime females ever and is probably one of the best characters in Seed.

Junior Member maustin89 is on a distinguished road maustin89's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2012 07:15 AM
    Threads

I'm with the OP, Gundam Wing is my *expletive*. And actually, I'm not really that big on anime otherwise - never even seen another Gundam series. I am kind of interested to watch some of the big names like Seed and 00, but I have this weird compulsion to start at the absolute beginning of the entire Gundam series (or is "franchise" a better word?) and work my way through them in order. Wasn't the first one made in like the seventies? o.O Seems like it'd take foreeeeever.
    Last edited by maustin89; 04-19-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2012 12:34 PM
    Threads

GW still and will always be favorite anime.

From the engaging characters, to the seamless blend of action(stock footage and all) and politics, to the flashy Gundams and the sensational OST, it's just a great series in my opinion. The nostalgia of watching the series as a kid on Toonami(and those epic promos) plays a part in my love the series. But even after watching a bunch of other Gundam series in the past several years and thoroughly enjoying all of them, GW remained my favorite.

I could literally talk about different aspects of the series all day and never get tired.

Last edited by J Gundam; 04-19-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Junior Member maustin89 is on a distinguished road maustin89's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2012 07:15 AM
    Threads

WOW that brings back memories, I forgot all about the Toonami-specific intros. Wouldn't they play a shorter version right before each episode started? I remember seeing that one clip of Vice-Minister Darlian ("The ones posing the most threat...") all the time, and that we used to joke about Lady Une's super-overkill-gravity-defying execution of that one guy (Septum I think?) I'm getting ready to rewatch the show actually. *excited* ^_^

Member PhiBrainChild is on a distinguished road PhiBrainChild's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2013 12:38 AM
    Threads

I'm not really a fan of Mecha genre, but Gundam Wing is an exception. It is hard to describe in a few words just how awesome this anime is. I love how it doesn't rely on the action, like most of the Mecha anime does. It has such an interestin' story, characters, and well made progression. Another big plus would be the art, since I like when I can actually see the drawn lines of characters.

25. Thanks Kagome thanked for this post
    Junior Member SuGaRLim3 is on a distinguished road SuGaRLim3's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2014 10:54 PM
    Threads

I super like Gundam Wing ^_^

Member Ai-no-Miko is on a distinguished road Ai-no-Miko's Avatar
    Gil
    Crappy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2014 01:14 AM
    Threads

Wing was the anime that really started it all for me. I liked Digimon and Pokemon when I first got into anime and manga, but Gundam Wing became an obsession, a freaky one. So, with crediting it with getting me through my horrifying otaku and weaboo phase it holds a special place in my heart. It's arguably NOT the best Gundam series in the franchise, but it's my absolute favourite of the ones I've managed to see. My all time favourite character was Quatre, followed by Duo, and Deathscythe/Deathscythe Hell were definitely my favourite Gundams above all else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information