AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: What is Happiness

Senior Member In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ladybug Hare Ramen
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2012 02:29 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default What is Happiness

I've always had an easy going view on life. Never caring too much nor too little about most stuff. I've never really thought about happiness that hard before either, for me it has always been about not being bored I think. I don't mean just for the moment that is impossible to avoid. but as a whole, as not to live a boring life. But recently I've become unsure.
    So what about you guys what is happiness for you?

__________________________________________________ __________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig/avvy by
    Bankai Kurosaki

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What is Happiness

It's hard to say exactly what happiness is for me, since I can get happy for/by so many things but... I guess in the end, if I had to describe "happiness", I would say that happiness is the feeling inside of you that you can feel from time to time - when you do or see something that you like. It's a pretty vague explanation I know, but happiness is also a feeling that I think is hard to describe for someone that hasn't felt it before. It's one of those "you got to have been there"-sort of thing.

I saw this text on the wall in a store I recently visited, I think it sort of fits in here:

The most beautiful things in life
    you can not see or touch.
    They exist in your heart.

I became happy earlier today when I got a present from the class that I have been in for the last month (was the last day today). They had done a little book for me in which they had pasted in a bunch of different drawings that they had done yesterday, in secret, while I was in a different class. When I got it I smiled a great deal, and I was thrilled. Not just because I got such a nice gift (I think it was a really wonderful gesture) that they had made together, but also I became happy because I saw the happiness in their eyes as they gave it to me. Their eyes sparkled of both curiosity (will she like it?) and also of pride (since they had made it themselves), and I also became happy because I saw them happy. Happiness is very contagious, and happiness is a wonderful feeling that I hope everyone gets to feel as much as possible.

Treat others as you want to be treated yourself, it's an old saying that works even today. Just that smile that you can give to a stranger that you meet while walking down the street can make you a little happier, the stranger will become a little happier just because you smiled and said hello to him/her (atleast they "shine up" for some minutes), and the next time maybe you will be greeted in return and then you will feel glad too. Sometimes I say hello and smile to random people that I meet [when I think about it] - especially to old people - since they seem to appreciate it the most.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

3. Likes Arrisu, CrimsonMoon liked this post
    Senior Member Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Aria Neko Jigsaw Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 02:33 PM
    Somewhere between sparkle bunnies and pinkish kittens.
    Threads

Job + Friends + Family + Lover
    Any shorter combinations out of those above count too.

Senior Member John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Mars Crystal Henshin Pen Rainbow Ribbon Sagittarius
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 12:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

For me in order to be happy I would need all this:

Family
    Love
    Money
    Friends
    Food
    Good health

Senior Member In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz has a reputation beyond repute In0kz's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ladybug Hare Ramen
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2012 02:29 PM
    Threads

@SuXrys

But that's just a fleeting feeling is it not? It's something that will soon be forgotten. If someone comes up and gives me a rose and tell me I'm really kind I'd be really glad but it's not something I could call happiness. To be honest is it not more like courtesy? It's simply what is expected of you in return for their gesture so that's what you feel? I'm not saying your wrong but for me I don't think this is enough.

__________________________________________________ __________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig/avvy by
    Bankai Kurosaki

Senior Member Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts 147 - Dratini Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2013 03:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

To me, happiness isn't really something you think about or question.
    In my opinion, if you think about or question happiness, then you are not
    really feeling happy.
    Happiness is simplicity and non-questioning.
    You don't dwell on happiness, you live and move with happiness.
    That's what happiness is to me anyway.
    Last edited by Ms. Lucy; 03-23-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    Signature by Seung-li

8. Likes Slayer, CrimsonMoon liked this post
    Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by In0kz View Post
    @SuXrys

But that's just a fleeting feeling is it not? It's something that will soon be forgotten.
    No it doesn't have to be. It's possible to keep those feelings inside you for a long time. Or atleast after feeling happiness you won't become sad/depressed as fast again as you would've if you hadn't felt that feeling of joy in the first place.

If someone comes up and gives me a rose and tell me I'm really kind I'd be really glad but it's not something I could call happiness.
    Why not? Don't you feel happiness when getting that rose and hearing those words?

To be honest is it not more like courtesy?
    Depends on who the "giver" is and how he/she does it I suppose. If a guy came and gave it to me while flirting wild and crazy with his eyes when talking to me then yes, it would be courtesty. But if someone gave me that in just a friendly gesture then it wouldn't.

Ibut for me I don't think this is enough.
    Why?

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Junior Member Korosuki has a reputation beyond repute Korosuki has a reputation beyond repute Korosuki has a reputation beyond repute Korosuki has a reputation beyond repute Korosuki has a reputation beyond repute Korosuki has a reputation beyond repute Korosuki has a reputation beyond repute Korosuki has a reputation beyond repute Korosuki has a reputation beyond repute Korosuki has a reputation beyond repute Korosuki has a reputation beyond repute Korosuki's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Wristwatch
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2012 11:09 AM
    Threads

Happiness is a feeling. But it's also a state of mind.

I just spent a year running around afghanistan doing missions, often carrying heavy amounts of gear while walking for miles and miles.'
    I have engaged and been engaged by the enemy multiple times. I've been driving and hit a bomb.
    One of my best friends died overseas on a mission that BY CHANCE I didn't go on.
    While that same mission another friend of mine lost both his legs due to a bomb.
    I managed to go through a year of hell and come back to the united states unscathed.

Yesterday, my friend who lost his legs visited our troop, our PLATOON.
    I was on the verge of tears when I told him he had amazing courage and that I cried for him for a long time when
    I heard the news.

I'm able to come back after a year of hell and loss,
    and once again I'm able to indulge myself in alcohol, loud music,
    fast internet, weekends, days off of work, sleeping in, seeing my family and friends,
    and to regain touch with people I wasn't able to talk to while in afghanistan.

I'm very happy once again. It felt like that year would never end, there were times where i wasn't able to shower for multiple weeks due to
    a lack of water supplies.

I'm back home, and hopefully for good.
    It's an amazing thing to know that I won't have to worry about taking a step, and knowing that with any step I take- it could be my last.
    Or that everyone around could be a possible enemy- Won't have to worry about that anymore either.

My state of mind is positive, bright, and I'm looking forward to a good future now that I'm back.

Blessed With -ugū- Darkcobra has a reputation beyond repute Darkcobra has a reputation beyond repute Darkcobra has a reputation beyond repute Darkcobra has a reputation beyond repute Darkcobra has a reputation beyond repute Darkcobra has a reputation beyond repute Darkcobra has a reputation beyond repute Darkcobra has a reputation beyond repute Darkcobra has a reputation beyond repute Darkcobra has a reputation beyond repute Darkcobra has a reputation beyond repute Darkcobra's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts K-on Pick Haruhi Sos Dan Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2012 11:06 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dark C08ra

Truth is i dont see a true answer to this thread for my personal self. Many small things make people happy (or good mood?), i mean just watching something you like (a good anime?) or something funny is technically making you happy if you are smiling, it doesnt really do justice to the idea of being happy comparing it to things like love or family but this is how i see things. You dont need to have everything to be happy, we might be happy to find someone to love and love us back and that does make us happy but we can achieve happiness outside love aswell just by living, im honestly happy as long as im not sad. This is lame to say but its true, provided nothing puts me in a bad mood anything will make me happy, just a conversation with someone can be happiness, reading my books or novels is fun (i define fun as being happy), so really in short my happiness is found in fun, any hobby and im usually happy...

12. Likes CrimsonMoon liked this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Happiness is when things go the way you want it.

Fearless Red Mage SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13's Avatar
    Gil
    Talkative
    Gifts Ice Ornament Ouran Patch
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2013 07:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Happiness is simply the absence of sadness. duh. XD

Senior Member darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967 has a reputation beyond repute darksky967's Avatar
    Gil
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2014 06:44 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: h3rra

I guess to put it simply, I would say smiling\laughing\feeling calm and healthy is happiness

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

To be honest, I don't really know how to define happiness. There are too many things in life that can lift us up or bring us down. For instance, I'm happy when I talk with my family, eating together and laughing. I'm happy when I hang out with my friends. I'm happy when I make people smile. I'm happy when I buy chocolates (yes, chocolates make me happy, as simple as that). I'm happy when people show me generousity, even if it's just a simple gesture, like a smile or a greet. Even the little things in life can make us happy.

Happiness is abstract; you feel it even though you can't see it. I might be sitting alone and suddenly smiling. People will think I'm crazy, but in my mind I'm remembering something that makes me happy. I think everyone experiences that at some point in their life. I don't think I can define happiness solidly; everyone has different things that make them define their own happiness.

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Happiness is sugar. A room full of candy, cookies and cupcakes. Anything that will give me cavities.

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Happiness could mean anything, but what only comes to my mind is my fiance. He is my happiness in my whole life.

Devourer of Realms Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Present The one Ring Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2014 04:31 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mclovin

I too am an easy-going person , but I try my best to avoid thinking about what's happiness. For some reason it makes me depressed.
    “The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.” - Chuck Palahniuk

New Blog!
    http://www.animeforum.com/blog.php?286738-Munchman
    A Completely Mediocre and Overdone Blog
    Now with 22% more entries!
    Make that 22.3735242%!

Closed Thread

Thread Information