AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya season 3?

Mayushii The Gullible IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison has a reputation beyond repute IluvAllison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2013 06:01 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya season 3?

I actually stopped watching it because of the infinitely stupid 8, and i loved the first season. But since i never finished 2nd season I dont know if maybe it turned out good after the infinite 8? Did it?

Some people say not enough material? hmm strange. I remember in season 1 this show was so deep, there was so many questions unanswered, so much left to explore. why dont they pick it up and do that? ^^

Member Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori has much to be proud of Kazetori's Avatar
    Gil
    Approved
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2013 03:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kazetori- Steam ID: Kazetori

Keep an eye on Anime News Network, if it's announced it will most likely show up there.

I personally would enjoy a 3rd season, I am a fan of Haruhi, but please... No.. More.. ENDLESS 8! For the love of... We could have gotten their point without those episodes.... =_=;;

Kind boy/Nanobyte's minion Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Uranus Henshin Pen Pen Coffee
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2022 11:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mystelinth

If there would be a 3rd season. They better not fill it up with random episodes again. I will only watch it if Kyon and haruhi become closer/become a couple. XD

Junior Member manmohanth is on a distinguished road manmohanth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2012 12:25 PM
    Threads

I hope there is a Season 3
    and about Season 2
    i skipped the endless 8

BTW, i am new here
    i had registered earlier
    but was away for work

Senior Member moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5 has a reputation beyond repute moogoesthecow5's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2013 08:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OMG when I watched the anime, the endless 8 killed me!!! O.o So I skipped half of it. :3 and I wouldn't mind another season. XD

Junior Member karitoriki is on a distinguished road karitoriki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2013 02:37 AM
    Threads

I too loved this anime, watched the whole thing in three days. The endless eight made me feel like I was in a time loop myself. But nothing would make me happier than to see a season three. I have read on almost every forum that there will be so im happy. Anyway the books haven't all been covered yet either so they have the material for a season three and another movie. Still my favorite anime.

Senior Member Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon has a reputation beyond repute Jeroen Mathon's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Baka Radioactive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2013 02:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: jeroenmathonmac

I agree and i dont think an sequal would be possable the plot has already been reached

Junior Member Xiongster7 is on a distinguished road Xiongster7's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2013 01:17 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xiongster7 PSN ID: Xiongster7

I Loved this Anime and Season 3 is still to be heard of... but the most realistic rumor that i heard was that a season 3 for this anime is that they will continue to do this anime because it's very popular and still has many adoring fans !!! ( ME INCLUDED ) Season three trailer will be created once all light novels come out ! I've bought all of the ones out on Amazon already to kill the time in the meantime. Also if people out there hate this anime, don't reply to the thread :/ This person just wanted to know if there would be a season 3 because he/she probably really loves this anime such as myself, not on how much you guys hate it. THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA : BEST ANIME I've EVER SEEN !!!

9. Likes PowerMe liked this post
    Junior Member Joliet Jack is on a distinguished road Joliet Jack's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-19-2015 07:10 PM
    Threads

All of the light novels have been released in Japan (they have been since 2011). It is only the english translations that have not all been released. Currently, there are eight english novels released out of eleven in total. The series uses stories from the first six novel (like the anime the stories in the novels do not appear in chronological order), 'Endless Eight' & 'The Day of Sagittarius' appear in book five - while, 'Live Alive' & 'The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00' occur in book six. The last three novels are supposed to be one long story told over the three volumes. Book nine is scheduled for release in June 2013, book ten in Sept 2013, and as of this moment there is no release date for the final book.

If you are a fan of the anime you should try the light novels. For the most part anime is true to the source material but there several noteworthy differences (which I wont spoil here). Also, the as yet to be animated stories are very entertaining - I would diffintely reccommend 'Snowy Mountain Syndrome' (form book five) & 'The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya' (which comprises all of book seven and would make a nice feature length film).

And for the record, I did enjoy the 'Endless Eight'. I think it makes a perfect metaphor/warning about adult life. Waking up every morning at the same time, going through the same routine, driving to the same place, to do the same job, with the same people - day after day, week after week, year after year, then one day you look back and realize how much time has past...(sure there will be minor exceptions from time to time but for the most part life will become routine). It's not like school either, where you switch classes every 45 minutes, to do something diferent with different people all the time...So be careful not to fall into the trap!!!
    Last edited by Joliet Jack; 02-08-2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Junior Member Rayossan is on a distinguished road Rayossan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2013 11:34 AM
    Threads

I've been following a group of artists that are working on a fan made season 3. The Youtube page gets montly updates.
    Their facebook page gets weekly updates on the progress. https://www.facebook.com/SnowyMountainSyndrome

Member Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts M-0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 07:23 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MichaelArkAngel PSN ID: MichaelArkAngel

Quote Originally Posted by AshureeChan View Post
    I am a crazy person for watching all of the Endless Eight ... in two days haha I think I lost sanity for a while :o

Anyway besides the Endless Eight I really liked TMOHS (like I wanna type that title haha) which is weird because it's a genre I normally wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole lol
    I think if it had a season 3 I'd watch it but it's not really something I'm jumping up and down wanting for it to happen... so yeah.
    Does anyone understand the whole purpose of the endless eight? It WAS done for the sole purpose of giving the viewer the hopelessness that Kyon felt while trying to end the loop that Haruhi created of the last two weeks of summer?

It seems that Haruhi, for some reason, doesn't want summer to end - she has SOMETHING she still wants to do - so, inadventently, her powers cause time to continue to cycle until some factor is changed. And the characters can't seem to figure out what she wants.

However, it's not just a lazy rerun of the same material. The producers are actually re-animating and re-dubbing the whole thing, over and over, with subtle differences in details, angles, outfits, etc. Fans can't understand why they're putting so much effort in something that is being received so negatively, and wasting precious episodes of the second season. Some have dropped the show completely. They say it's "epic troll." Others say it's pure innovative genius.

I would have to say it was genius, but that's just me...

BTW, would love a third season, though the movie was a great continuation of the second season!

"I hope it becomes popular." "What?" "Senjougahara Fascination!"

Senior Member AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Systems N64 Hello Kitty Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2017 03:25 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ark Angel View Post
    Does anyone understand the whole purpose of the endless eight? It WAS done for the sole purpose of giving the viewer the hopelessness that Kyon felt while trying to end the loop that Haruhi created of the last two weeks of summer?

It seems that Haruhi, for some reason, doesn't want summer to end - she has SOMETHING she still wants to do - so, inadventently, her powers cause time to continue to cycle until some factor is changed. And the characters can't seem to figure out what she wants.

However, it's not just a lazy rerun of the same material. The producers are actually re-animating and re-dubbing the whole thing, over and over, with subtle differences in details, angles, outfits, etc. Fans can't understand why they're putting so much effort in something that is being received so negatively, and wasting precious episodes of the second season. Some have dropped the show completely. They say it's "epic troll." Others say it's pure innovative genius.

I would have to say it was genius, but that's just me...

BTW, would love a third season, though the movie was a great continuation of the second season!
    I still thought I'd pull my hair out watching it. Sure kudos to the crew for redoing it for every episode, but I still felt like I was more losing my mind than sympathizing with the character.

| Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube | MyAnimeList |

"Frustrations will not last forever. Nobody can keep on going without some measure of reward."

Member Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel is a splendid one to behold Michael Ark Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts M-0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AshureeChan View Post
    I still thought I'd pull my hair out watching it. Sure kudos to the crew for redoing it for every episode, but I still felt like I was more losing my mind than sympathizing with the character.
    Then they obviously succeeded in what they intended, in my point of view!

15. Likes PowerMe liked this post
    Senior Member AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Systems N64 Hello Kitty Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2017 03:25 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ark Angel View Post
    Then they obviously succeeded in what they intended, in my point of view!
    If they wanted me to throw my laptop out a window, then yes.

| Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube | MyAnimeList |

"Frustrations will not last forever. Nobody can keep on going without some measure of reward."

Banned Forum / Chat abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678 is infamous around these parts abcdefgh12345678's Avatar
    Gil
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2013 07:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Isn't this just some dumb anime about some hot teens who have alien powers?

Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts M-0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ashureechan View Post
    if they wanted me to throw my laptop out a window, then yes.

rofl!!!

Junior Member Hidan no aria is on a distinguished road Hidan no aria's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2013 01:41 PM
    Threads

I just love this anime!

20. Likes PowerMe liked this post
    Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like this anime, but I cannot say I adore it. A season 3 would be nice though.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Junior Member Hidan no aria is on a distinguished road Hidan no aria's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2013 01:41 PM
    Threads

Yeah, I could say the same thing. Was there a season 2? Because I think I just watched the first season and is there a second season?

Junior Member Saracenar is on a distinguished road Saracenar's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2013 10:11 PM
    Threads

I only just discovered this series, and I love it. Even if a lot of it (so far) doesn't really advance the plot, I love the characters and their interactions, and have had many laughs at the comedy of it.

I'm watching in chronological order and am up to The Sigh of Haruhi Part 2, and so far I've liked just about everything the show has had to offer.

And yes, I've seen Endless Eight. Not trying to derail the thread, and I'll get back on track in a moment, but I watched all eight episodes. I didn't hate it, and I liked that it wasn't exactly the same all the way through - I had a fun time picking out what was different each time.

That being said, I was so sure there'd have to be at least a decent payoff when Kyon finally broke the loop. But really? Homework? I was disappointed by that, but I wasn't angry or about to give up on the show. I still love it. It kind of felt like the ending was a bit of a joke in of itself. I didn't see it coming, that's for sure. But homework? Yeah. Oh well.

Anyway, I haven't finished the series yet, but I'm sure the remaining 8 or so episodes and the movie won't be enough. I would love a third season, so much! I've bought the first light novel and manga, so I can compare them to see which one to go with. I definitely want to see where this story goes, no matter what form I have to get it in.
    Last edited by Saracenar; 04-22-2013 at 10:01 PM.

24. Likes PowerMe liked this post
    Cyber Bully Expert WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios is infamous around these parts WBL Studios's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Revolver Dice 143 - Snorlax
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2013 12:06 PM
    Threads

I'm guessing they're going to take their time on Season 3 because any fans they haven't run off with Endless Eight, are gonna stick around no matter what.

26. Likes PowerMe liked this post
    Junior Member PowerMe is on a distinguished road PowerMe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2013 11:48 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by macedadon View Post
    I hope they don't continue it, use the money to develop another anime, this anime doesn't deserve anymore seasons/sequals.
    whats ur deal man this anime is great... nothing like it... im completely sucked into it n i only started not even a week ago... ive fallen inlove with this series n wish that they never stopped making episodes for a second... i've watched it all and the disappearance movie... excellent... i must say... better then fruits basket that one was alright nothing big copmared to the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya... im not a fan of the melancoly of haruhi-chan suzumiya sorry but i dont call that real anime

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

lol i know eh 4 times was enough for me but i sticked threw n yeah i still think it was great cause sometimes he didnt remember somethings other times he figures small things out n yeah insane way to go though

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

i liked everything about everything theyve bin doing but... i believe that haruhi should be with koisumi to be honest... kyon with yamato thats my opinion... cause for one haruhi wants someone who isnt normal... kyon a haruhi sounds like a best friend relationship thing to be honest or maybe i just feel sorry for koisumi and yamato cause the ones they love may love each other... personnally ima wait till the series end before reading the books cause all the time u hear about the books being way better than the movies... im open for depate here

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

for above 2 replies
    Quote Originally Posted by SakuraKiss13 View Post
    How come a lot of fans left Haruhi during season 2?

Honestly, I found the "Endless 8" plot GENIUS. It's a repetitive episode but ends with a conclusion.
    It's one of the best and magnificent anime out there. A plot that is so extraordinary combined with humor, sci-fi and slight romance. I do hope if they're gonna do a 3rd season. they should focus on Kyon and Haruhi's relationship. I liked it how things ended in the movie. <3

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

ooops.. just the one above

Junior Member Joliet Jack is on a distinguished road Joliet Jack's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-19-2015 07:10 PM
    Threads

Does anyone know how many episodes there will be on the spin-off series "Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu"?
    Last edited by Joliet Jack; 03-20-2015 at 12:06 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information