AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AkanoYoru's Artness

Mad Genius AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Rageface Headphones Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-22-2022 08:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DementedStereo Steam ID: Aakanoyoru

Default AkanoYoru's Artness

Hello.
    I stumbled across this forum on one of my random web adventures, and decided to join for the heck of it.
    It will also allow me a place to show off my art and talk about my favorite anime. (which reminds me, I need to try to draw Haruhi at some point)

First attempt using my tablet:
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ru-d4p6sau.jpg

A drawing of Holo:

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...ru-d4p6xbk.jpg

Digital Version:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ru-d4pbqea.jpg

Note: Spice and Wolf has a special place among the anime I watched, as it is pretty much the first anime I watched. As such, I try to make my art do the show justice, which is why it took me about 3 years to have the ability to draw Holo at a quality that is to my liking.

A Halo-style AI

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ru-d4pfqr7.jpg

A random character for no reason:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ru-d4pk34d.jpg

Character:
    http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/x...6/Image001.jpg

Webcomic Cover:
    http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/x...overbsmall.jpg

3d model for upcoming Cosplay at Anime Boston (Guyver unit 01)
    http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/x...yverwhole1.jpg

You may all yell at me now for this silly post

Senior Member T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Sushi2
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2016 10:43 AM
    Threads

Default Re: AkanoYoru's Artness

Cool stuff! And a wide range from hand drawing to 3d modeling. Keep up the good work. I dont have enough expertise to offer advise however.
    ~ Tristan

Mad Genius AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Made a shiny background for my webcomic (linky in sig if you're interested).

Click image for larger version

Name:	winterbackground.jpg
Views:	1389
Size:	346.4 KB
ID:	59519

Yes, I finally figured out how to use the picture settings on the forum

Member Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation has a reputation beyond repute Miss Manipulation's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2012 12:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Careful with anatomy! You don't want to make any features on a person way too point when it comes to anime and manga (mainly referring to that background for your webcomic you just posted). You also want to make sure that your character's hair does not defy gravity (6th link). Other than that, these are pretty good. Keep up the good work!

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Manipulation View Post
    Careful with anatomy! You don't want to make any features on a person way too point when it comes to anime and manga (mainly referring to that background for your webcomic you just posted). You also want to make sure that your character's hair does not defy gravity (6th link). Other than that, these are pretty good. Keep up the good work!
    I know what you mean, I just realized how wonky Winter's anatomy looks in my wallpaper.
    The hair gravity defying thing was because I was too lazy to figure out how it would actually fall... plus I drew it during my microeconomics class

It's also nice to see some feedback.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

After an epic journey to train my art skills (in my own proverbial backyard) I have something to post, yay.

Name:	lily_cosplaying__by_akanoyoru-d4y72x0.jpg
Views:	1699
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	61173

I think I managed to capture the "aura" of my pencil drawings by using GIMP's "Calligraphic Brush".

I'm thinking she'll be another character in my webcomic, with this outfit being when the group of main characters (her included) go to an anime convention.. I have yet to go to one myself, as I caught a fever the day before Anime Boston

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well, been about a month since I posted... I like to hope that I've improved:

Name:	bob_by_akanoyoru-d51nvim.jpg
Views:	1313
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	62991
    More towards the bishonen end of the spectrum than what I usually do :3

For some reason the top of his head seems empty... all well, maybe I can try some more detail on the hair later.

Junior Member shadow62 is on a distinguished road shadow62's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2012 10:00 AM
    Threads

dude, those pics are freaky, a little kid can get thier ghost out of them.
    i'm Shadow, Shadow the Hedgehog.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by shadow62 View Post
    dude, those pics are freaky, a little kid can get thier ghost out of them.
    I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean, although from the grammar you chose to use it must not be important, I'll ask for your advice if I ever want to draw anthropomorphic cartoon hedgehogs based on animation to make one remember the spontaneity and innocence of childhood (and bad 3d games).

Anyway, new piece using a few new techniques:

Name:	science_magician_by_akanoyoru-d51xrrx.jpg
Views:	1310
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	63010

Oh, and here's a fun fact: I draw in secret as a result of ridicule from my family when I was in grade school (think piranha attack), so I have a small mental block where I cannot practice as much as I would like... but still I'm not completely hopeless, right?

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2015 05:42 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

I like your style...it's not bad at all. And I know what you mean about the family ridicule. But I live on my own...so don't worry much. Keep it up. And if you don't mind check out my thread...let me know what you think too.

And like Miss Moonlight said just practice your anatomy more...ok.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Post Re: AkanoYoru's Artness

Quote Originally Posted by mirrortrex View Post
    The coloring is quite impressive, but the unbalanced proportions and stiffness is pretty much detectable. Good work overall. =9
    Yeah, its especially noticeable when I mirror it horizontally

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
    I like your style...it's not bad at all. And I know what you mean about the family ridicule. But I live on my own...so don't worry much. Keep it up. And if you don't mind check out my thread...let me know what you think too.

And like Miss Moonlight said just practice your anatomy more...ok.
    I didn't know I had a style. Guess I learn something new every day

My main anatomical reference (when I actually use one) is DAZ studio. The free version is awesome, I would use it more were I not worried about my (older) brothers giggling.

I've visited your thread a few times, your work is great. I'm going to college for studio art this fall, so I hope by the time I get my degree I will be completely satisfied with my work (which I rarely am).

But these two drawings I did the other day I am nearly satisfied with:

Name:	wally_the_grey_cat_by_akanoyoru-d51zcqw.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	63016 Click image for larger version

Name:	bobness_by_akanoyoru-d51zcje.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	63017

I'm much more comfortable with a paper and pencil than a tablet.

Finally here's a DAZ Studio Render I'm proud of (which has been sitting around a while). Took 15 minutes with 100% processor power, heating my laptop up to 83 Celsius with a cooling pad hot wired to be on max power. Thus I want to get a nice tower (and give my laptop some well-deserved rest).

Name:	dr__winter_farthing_concept_art_by_akanoyoru-d4p6rtt.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	63018

Name:	spear_weilder_by_akanoyoru-d51ze4q.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	63019

^ My mother (of all people) made some slightly lewd comments about this one. But despite the disjointed appearance of the armor, hands and weapon I kinda like it. I might try reworking it.

looking for 'someone just for me" <3 Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Black Ribbon Rainbow Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2013 09:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

really great..i like them i draw better with basic pencil and paper ...and i wish i had a tablet so i could show you how i can draw on the computer that way it probally would look good.....its weird i better at drawing girls than guys im working on my guys though......i like to make my own characters though........they look sexy......i will draw ecchii for any guys if they want me to..i will im good at it!! ;D

Sig ^ made by @Kaleohano *hugs*

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by </3LonelyLover<3 View Post
    its weird i better at drawing girls than guys
    Girls are more visually interesting (curves! Curves everywhere!), and female characters can get away with more stuff than male characters *cough* Haruhi Suzumiya *cough*

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AkanoYoru View Post
    Girls are more visually interesting (curves! Curves everywhere!), and female characters can get away with more stuff than male characters *cough* Haruhi Suzumiya *cough*
    I totally agree with you there. And you certainly have the sexiness of a woman's body down right. lol Guys are more difficult for me, as the body is bulkier, heavier in mass and postures that a male may take is so different from a female. But I really like your female drawings...and that 3D render is awesome! Love girls in glasses! Plus don't let anyone ever discourage you...especially your family. You have a talent that not just anyone can do, so I can't understand why your mother would do it?

And how come I never get offered any ecchi drawings...*grrr*

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I totally agree with you there. And you certainly have the sexiness of a woman's body down right. lol Guys are more difficult for me, as the body is bulkier, heavier in mass and postures that a male may take is so different from a female. But I really like your female drawings...and that 3D render is awesome! Love girls in glasses! Plus don't let anyone ever discourage you...especially your family. You have a talent that not just anyone can do, so I can't understand why your mother would do it?

And how come I never get offered any ecchi drawings...*grrr*
    My mother is kinda silly, and not very open minded (I could give a list but I won't), but on the other hand my father is very open minded. Most of the encouragement I get is from him... it doesn't help that a little over a year ago was the last "heart-to-heart" chat I had with my parents. My mother thought I was crazy (my dad helped me sort things out)... but the way she spoke and looked at me... I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone. And that is why I have a tendency to keep my true feelings to myself. This is sorta relevant to my art I guess, as my primary motivation is to become good enough at drawing to sustain myself and not have to deal with my childish older siblings (and my somewhat detached relationship with my mother).

For some reason now I'm thinking of a freight train...

Anyway, and the 3d render is actually a test for a character design. Below is the final face reference sheet for my webcomic (the website of which is under construction, meaning I have to code in all the pages I did so far by hand).

Name:	winter2.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	63023

I feel so fulfilled when I'm working on my drawings
    After viewing some pieces by Tony Taka (who I discovered thanks to the magic of 4chan) I'm going to try a new technique with my tablet tomorrow... well, not so much new, as it's similar to the method I use for pencil drawings.

And to say goodnight, here's a pic I did today. The sword is based on one I saw while watching Fairy Tail, when Erza summoned the hundreds of swords I saw just one that I loved, and the little lady below is leaning on it 83

Name:	swordgirl.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	63024

I love how the outfit turned out.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

In celebration of the lack of summer in Vermont:

Name:	summer_2012_by_akanoyoru-d52a9sj.jpg
Views:	1308
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	63069

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well, I got bored. So I started to study some anatomy using DAZ studio. After fiddling around I used it to help me construct this:

Name:	moe grrrl.jpg
Views:	1432
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	63111
    Guess who discovered the airbrush tool? Me!

First time I've successfully created a moe-faced character like this ^_^
    Last edited by AkanoYoru; 06-06-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quadruple POST!!! MWA HA HA!

Anyway, yesterday I got some art pencils, and had some time today to do some drawing... I've always had a slight fondness for those little bun things that look like ears... I don't know why.

Name:	first_drawing_with_____art_pencils_____by_akanoyoru-d534qnc.jpg
Views:	1486
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	63158

I used no references oddly enough... just thought long and hard

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@AkanoYoru : Nice sketches and colored drawings, COOL! Keep up the awesome, stellar work!

My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Got bored, made a background:

Name:	metal_solstice_background_by_akanoyoru-d53eauc.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	63204

21. Likes T-Stew liked this post
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Woah, I just noticed how derpy the background looks: I'll work on it.
    Anyway.
    Halftones? Halftones

Name:	Bob finale.jpg
Views:	1155
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	63218

Edit: Background now looks less derpy, see?

Name:	msbackground.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	444.7 KB
ID:	63225
    Last edited by AkanoYoru; 06-13-2012 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Updating content

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

So I started having fun with halftones and the ink tool in gimp. And awesome faces
    Please excuse the size.

Name:	ecchi newsprint.jpg
Views:	1402
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	63394

24. Likes T-Stew, Jacob's Ladder liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Whoa...the tones are not the only nice thing about this pick. Why do I feel jealous of a smiley face?

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Whoa...the tones are not the only nice thing about this pick. Why do I feel jealous of a smiley face?
    Awesome face is awesome. It's not like...uh... I put anything under there *changes subject*

Working on my webcomic. Here's a character with some halftones.

Name:	page showoff.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	63395

A random bubbly person and an upset schoolgirl -first time trying to draw a Japanese-ish schoolgirl

Name:	Image (12).jpg
Views:	123
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	63396 Click image for larger version

Name:	Image (13).jpg
Views:	146
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	63397

I've been working on anatomy a bit. Can't wait to get back to basics this upcoming fall.

Senior Member threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2013 11:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W0LF1NN PSN ID: G0pherG0d

Really nice work, plus your first set of drawings has one of my favorite characters so far, Holo. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more artwork to view.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information