AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with my new Website's name!

Junior Member anime_daisuki is on a distinguished road anime_daisuki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2012 06:04 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Question Help with my new Website's name!

Hi everyone,
    Please i need help ASAP. I'm opening a new Anime website. I wanted to name it as Anime Daisuki. But all the domains were taken with that name.
    Please can you tell me alternatives to Daisuki where the resultant name would mean i love anime.
    P.s please write it in English letters.
    Thank a lot.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    rmaroney has much to be proud of rmaroney has much to be proud of rmaroney has much to be proud of rmaroney has much to be proud of rmaroney has much to be proud of rmaroney has much to be proud of rmaroney has much to be proud of rmaroney has much to be proud of rmaroney's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2012 03:43 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rmaroney

Default Re: Help with my new Website's name!

Well, that is a bit of a tough one really, the only others I can think of are:

アニメ好き - Anime Suki ([I] like anime) - Suki can express the same meaning as daisuki, but just not as powerful.
    アニメ愛してる - Anime Aishiteru ([I] love Anime] - lit. [I'm] loving anime) - Though this feels to me to be more of a literal emotion of love, as aishiteru can be used in the sense of "I love you".

I'm not sure what else to really say, from my experience, it is only every "suki" or "daisuki" that are used. Maybe there are others here who know of some other dialects that might be of use to you. I've heard of 好きやねん (Sukiyanen), but I think that is just Kansai dialect for "[I] love it!", so I am not sure how it would be properly used.

Junior Member anime_daisuki is on a distinguished road anime_daisuki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2012 06:04 AM
    Threads

Thank you so much. That helped me a lot.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 04:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As rmaroney took the care to point out, アニメ愛してる(Anime Aishiteru) "feels" a little weird to a native speaker; it sounds like you're saying "I love you, anime", as if anime was a person (hmm...wait).

However, ~愛 (~ai) is a common colloquial expression used to show enthusiasm towards something. So スポーツ愛 (Sports Ai) would mean "I (we) love sports", アニメ愛 (Anime Ai) would mean "I (we) love anime", etc. That could possibly be something you could consider.
    Last edited by Datenshi; 03-07-2012 at 07:15 AM.
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information