AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Kagome really Kikyou's reincarnation?

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2014 01:18 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: WTF?You kidding me?

Default Is Kagome really Kikyou's reincarnation?

Now before you go blaring "Yes! She is! What are you on?!" hear me out~

I have a theory-supported by several points-that may prove otherwise. Besides the obvious and simple fact they look and act nothing alike, mind.

First of all-when Kikyou is called back to the living world, Kagome's body spews out what appears to be *hundreds* of souls...rather then just one.

When Kagome's will pulls them back-Kikyou is still walking and "Kikyou" so to speak, if revengelike. If Kagome's soul had been Kikyou's, one or the other would not be walking. Instead both walk...and Kikyou's soul just can't stabilize in a clay person container-so it winds up she needs help.

When Kikyou passes away for the final time, not one soul returns to Kagome when they all break loose. Not one.

Kaede mentions a little later that Kikyou probably had made an unconscious wish on the Shikon no Tama as she burned away with it; to see Inuyasha again. And since Kagome was 'fated' to meet the hanyou 50 years later in her era the thing granted her wish by causing her soul just hitch a ride in Kagome via the tama, because the tama reappeared in Kagome.

Other small details-Kikyou called out in Kagome's mind to *not call my name*, giving the impression she was seperate from Kagome already.

Kanna's mirror was unable to hold all of Kagome's "soul" because there was obviously more than one and thus filled the mirror to the point of cracking.

The theory after all of this is: Kagome is a multi-soul 'reincarnation', she was not just one person's, but many people's. Very likely because the tama itself held many, many souls within it, and needed many souls to keep it in limbo. And Kikyou's was a forced part of that due to the tama.

SO, that's my theory...tell me, do you think Kagome is really Kikyou's reincarnation?
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である
    We all must fight; to protect, to survive, to keep alive what we believe in.

Member zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2012 10:45 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Is Kagome really Kikyou's reincarnation?

technically she is but because she has the ability to go "back in time" it's complicated...last time i saw inu-yasha was so long ago so i can't rly remember everything now QQ

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2014 12:36 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Hmm. Actually...what かごめ said kinda makes sense...
    Though I always had it pegged that it was her innate linked destiny with Inuyasha that had her able to go back and forth. Otherwise, how would Inuyasha be the only one to be able to slip into her time as well? I don't think Kikyou had anything to do with the time slip ability.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Member Shinigami Hilde will become famous soon enough Shinigami Hilde's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2012 04:50 PM
    Threads

Hm. Interesting twist...You could possibly be right.
    It's All About The Beret!

Senior Member tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari's Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Gifts Book Be Mine Heart
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2013 04:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i was thinking of that too when i was watching it back then...
    it was so long ago and thinking of that again makes me want to ask everyone until i get the right answer...

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The theory after all of this is: Kagome is a multi-soul 'reincarnation', she was not just one person's, but many people's. Very likely because the tama itself held many, many souls within it, and needed many souls to keep it in limbo. And Kikyou's was a forced part of that due to the tama.
    @かごめ, reading up all you said I think that theory makes pretty sense, so I guess Kagome is not only Kikyou's reincarnation, which pleases me more
    I never liked Kikyou and Kagome is my 2nd favorite character, only surpassed by InuYasha himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Higurashi Kagome View Post
    Though I always had it pegged that it was her innate linked destiny with Inuyasha that had her able to go back and forth. Otherwise, how would Inuyasha be the only one to be able to slip into her time as well? I don't think Kikyou had anything to do with the time slip ability.
    Yeah, I think that hability has born with Kagome and also with InuYasha, that's the destiny saying they had to be together

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Oh wow! People actually read it through here! I'm glad. Tried it on other places and none of them even read it through to argue against the point! Never mind agree with it. They just automatically said: "Yes she is"

I love this forum. xD
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 08:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Wait, wasn't the ability to travel bestowed from a shard buried in the well? More then likely reacting to the remnants of Kikyo inside her? After all, she was only able to travel with the shards. Might not have anything to do with Kikyo at all when it comes to traveling between the time periods. After all Inuyasha also had shards when he traveled on his own and Kigome couldn't go back when she left the shards in that time period. Meaning likely the traveling is tied to the shards themselves. Besides I believe she's been down that well when she was a kid and didn't transport.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Wait, wasn't the ability to travel bestowed from a shard buried in the well? More then likely reacting to the remnants of Kikyo inside her? After all, she was only able to travel with the shards. Might not have anything to do with Kikyo at all when it comes to traveling between the time periods. After all Inuyasha also had shards when he traveled on his own and Kigome couldn't go back when she left the shards in that time period. Meaning likely the traveling is tied to the shards themselves. Besides I believe she's been down that well when she was a kid and didn't transport.
    Though the time slip and how it worked isn't what this thread was about...>x> <x< I'll respond anyway:

There was no shard in the well. And there are quite a number of times she went through without the shards. Such as the first time she returned when Yura of the Hair took them, and the time after Kikyou stole her shards and popped them to Naraku.

And Inuyasha almost never had shards traveling back and forth. If he ever did it was because Kagome had them. Which obviously she didn't all the time.

When the well was closed up it was due to strong feelings. Inuyasha closed it the first time because he wanted Kagome *safe* Kagome closed it at the end of the series because somehow she believed that perhaps her time was done there-but both times she opened it back up with her feelings of *really* wanting to return. Though I will grant that a shard helped her return the first time.

But-you're right that it has nothing to do with Kikyou.
    Last edited by かごめ; 01-28-2013 at 02:24 AM.

私は犬夜叉の妻である

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information