AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fullmetal Alchemist VS Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Junior Member Pyrofxk is on a distinguished road Pyrofxk's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2012 06:46 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pyrofxk

Default Fullmetal Alchemist VS Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

well... basically I really can't deal with Brotherhood, it just seems so strange to me, and the opening of the anime-episode one is CRAP AS HELL. I mean yeah alright its cool that he can transmute objects but come'on man :/
    not even an intro to HOW HE GOT TO ALCHEMY!
    thats soly why i prefer the original FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST. NOT BROTHERHOOD.
    If anyone wants to disagree and tell me why? I'd love to see what you guys have to say
    just my opinion not trying to offend anyone, and maybe ILL TRY TO WATCH BROTHERHOOD.
    Last edited by Pyrofxk; 02-29-2012 at 05:50 PM.

2. Likes Will Phuah liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2014 07:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: Fullmetal Alchemist VS Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Actually brotherhood follows closer to the manga than the anime, it also doesn't spend a long time on one subject and keeps things moving...

I prefer it over FMA... But it's not about which one is better because it's ultimately the same thing... It's like comparing an uncut apple to a cut apple... Same product just a bit different... Just enough different to prefer one over the other but not big enough to solely say you dislike it.

[Click on the image above to visit an Etsy art shop run in part by myself and fellow art mod Serated]

今日...明日...永遠に...

Personal Tumblr | Deviant Art | Artsy Tumblr
    >>>View AF's First Banner Contest RESULTS<<<
    Thanks to those who participated & voted

4. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Junior Member Pyrofxk is on a distinguished road Pyrofxk's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2012 06:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pyrofxk

I guess I cannot disagree with you there, and LOL I love the way you compare it to apples. Smart! I guess I might aswell just watch Brotherhood then and see the difference as a whoole, I'll admit though, both of them are quite epic! Like the transmutation and wajamacall *ignore that word I say it wen I don't no how to put it in words*
    FMA will always be my No.1 though

Senior Member MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2012 06:00 PM
    Threads

Here is my take on the two series. First of all, both of them are great and each a masterpiece in its own right. But at the same time, they cannot be more different.
    Brotherhood, as most should know by now, follows the manga almost panel to panel, though there are a couple of differences.
    In terms of the story, because at the time when the original anime was being produced, they only had a couple of volumes worth of material to work with, so roughly the first 25 episodes of the anime was dedicated to those volumes and they aren't completely faithful adaption either, as many fillers were added. The production team obviously didn't want to add more characters as they had little episodes left to introduce them, so they took what intended in the manga as a subplot/theme, namely the creation of the philosopher stone and human transmutation and developed into a full fledged story. They had to change the nature of some of the antagonists as well as the subsequent ending as a result. The story is dark, edgy, and totally heart wrenching. If you like stories without a lot of angst, this is the exact thing for you.

Brotherhood on the other hand sped through the introduction episodes in order to get to the new material. No filler story was added, and even some of the stories in the first volume of the manga were cut out, only the essential parts crucial to the overall plot were kept. For those who have never seen the original anime, they would have little problem with the pacing. But for longtime FMA fans like myself, it probably felt very rushed. That being said, I do understand why they did that, they are on a pretty tight schedule to tell a story as complex as Brotherhood with limited budget. The journey still starts with the Elric brothers since they are the main characters, but the central plot by no means evolves around them. In a way, they weren’t even supposed to be part of the scheme until they dug their nose in the philosopher stone business. In other words, the whole conspiracy was brewing even before they got themselves involved. There are so just many subplots, all with common threads tied to the final revelation, which doesn’t really occur until episode 45ish, allowing the momentum to build up. Brotherhood has a much larger cast than FMA, and every character has its place in the story, each with their own unique background and significance. To me, the plot definitely better organized than FMA. The author obviously knew exactly what she was doing ever since chapter one because she drops hints here and there throughout the story, and if you think hard enough, you might just figure out the clues before they are revealed.

As you can tell...lol..I'm partial to Brotherhood. I do love FMA as well, but the show left me feeling a little blue and dejected. Brotherhood has its angsty moments, but it also inspires people to have hope. I really loved the way moral themes are explored in the story. Even though all the loose ends are tied up neatly in the end, it wasn't done in a way that leaves little space for thought, in fact, I finished the series contemplating the very nature of humans and our relationship to one another. I recommend both versions~

Sorry for the long rant lol

MoonLight & Vines [*Sig by my dear Sis Lissy*]

7. Likes Kagome liked this post
    Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2014 03:26 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

I said this in another thread all too similar to this one-so I'll just repeat it here too:
    To be perfectly honest-I started reading the FMA manga half way through the original anime...So although I saw the original anime "first" technically, I found the manga to be even more invigorating than that of the first anime. It seemed to wrap around my head a LOT better then the original anime did. It's story line continually put me on the edge of my seat looking foreward to more and what would happen next-where as the first anime made me go "eh-I'll see what happens when it happens."

Plus the original anime seemed turned Rose into the first canon mary-sue I'd ever seen...And that grossed me out. I liked her a shiz load better in the manga. Dante-also-struck me as a horribly cliche and boring villian...but Father made me stop and think.

So, when Brotherhood came about and was based soley off of the manga (save for the very first episode) I was in heaven-and I absolutely LOVED it. And tbh, I actually enjoyed Brotherhood's music more then the original anime's. I caught myself humming the first opening one too many times...heh

But as was said above, the first FMA is a work of fantastical design all on it's own, and should be acredited as such. Both are awsome in their own rights, I just prefer Brotherhood for the stated reasons. Very, VERY few anime out there actually follow thier original manga storyline.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

9. Likes MysticEntity liked this post
    Senior Member LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Gurren Drill Bioshock Eve 2 Nachos
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2012 03:28 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MysticEntity View Post
    Here is my take on the two series. First of all, both of them are great and each a masterpiece in its own right. But at the same time, they cannot be more different.
    Brotherhood, as most should know by now, follows the manga almost panel to panel, though there are a couple of differences.
    In terms of the story, because at the time when the original anime was being produced, they only had a couple of volumes worth of material to work with, so roughly the first 25 episodes of the anime was dedicated to those volumes and they aren't completely faithful adaption either, as many fillers were added. The production team obviously didn't want to add more characters as they had little episodes left to introduce them, so they took what intended in the manga as a subplot/theme, namely the creation of the philosopher stone and human transmutation and developed into a full fledged story. They had to change the nature of some of the antagonists as well as the subsequent ending as a result. The story is dark, edgy, and totally heart wrenching. If you like stories without a lot of angst, this is the exact thing for you.

Brotherhood on the other hand sped through the introduction episodes in order to get to the new material. No filler story was added, and even some of the stories in the first volume of the manga were cut out, only the essential parts crucial to the overall plot were kept. For those who have never seen the original anime, they would have little problem with the pacing. But for longtime FMA fans like myself, it probably felt very rushed. That being said, I do understand why they did that, they are on a pretty tight schedule to tell a story as complex as Brotherhood with limited budget. The journey still starts with the Elric brothers since they are the main characters, but the central plot by no means evolves around them. In a way, they weren’t even supposed to be part of the scheme until they dug their nose in the philosopher stone business. In other words, the whole conspiracy was brewing even before they got themselves involved. There are so just many subplots, all with common threads tied to the final revelation, which doesn’t really occur until episode 45ish, allowing the momentum to build up. Brotherhood has a much larger cast than FMA, and every character has its place in the story, each with their own unique background and significance. To me, the plot definitely better organized than FMA. The author obviously knew exactly what she was doing ever since chapter one because she drops hints here and there throughout the story, and if you think hard enough, you might just figure out the clues before they are revealed.

As you can tell...lol..I'm partial to Brotherhood. I do love FMA as well, but the show left me feeling a little blue and dejected. Brotherhood has its angsty moments, but it also inspires people to have hope. I really loved the way moral themes are explored in the story. Even though all the loose ends are tied up neatly in the end, it wasn't done in a way that leaves little space for thought, in fact, I finished the series contemplating the very nature of humans and our relationship to one another. I recommend both versions~

Sorry for the long rant lol
    word for word, this is also my feeling! i really am not exaggerating. would like to add however, that for me personally, the brotherhood movie: sacred star of milos was very dissapointing. Both in terms of storyline and animation. both were really shoddy.

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I caught myself humming the first opening one too many times...heh
    Omg I love that song!!! "Again" by Yui is my favorite Fullmetal Alchemist theme. I can sing the whole thing, even when it speeds up. They did good picking that one out <3

Anyways, I'd have to go with the original FMA series because I find it the most appealing overall. Brotherhood isn't bad, but I don't like the "new" characters or how fast-paced it is.
    Last edited by Princess Cupcake; 03-27-2012 at 06:08 PM.

{ [Etsy Shop.] [Poetry.] [Art Thread.] }
    Set By
    Seung-Li <3

Senior Member LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Gurren Drill Bioshock Eve 2 Nachos
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2012 03:28 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Cupcake View Post
    Omg I love that song!!! "Again" by Yui is my favorite Fullmetal Alchemist theme. I can sing the whole thing, even when it speeds up. They did good picking that one out <3
    It really did introduce me to alot of awesome music. Although, even though the song by Chemistry was just as awesome as Again by YUI, there other stuff is completely differen- really not a fan of japanese rap D:

Member mangeassshajigan is on a distinguished road mangeassshajigan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts One Piece Flag One Piece Wanted Poster One Piece Mugiwara
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2012 06:28 PM
    Threads

brotherhood was better the dub was betr than sub also all of the op were amazing but mostly 4 and 5
    i liked all of the endings except for end 3

Junior Member Krazieboi is on a distinguished road Krazieboi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2013 10:01 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Krazieboi213

I personally think that the reason why Brotherhood didn't have the whole intro into Alchemy is because Full Metal Alchemist has already been out. And another thing i think that Brotherhood had a better story toward the later episodes and i loved the ending to the anime

15. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Senior Member AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Systems N64 Hello Kitty Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2013 09:56 AM
    Threads

Brotherhood is the only one I've watched all the way through so I can't be much of a judge on the subject but I like that it follows the manga more closely and I like the opening themes a lot better. I also think the art is a little better in terms of the coloring. I do plan on watching the original I just haven't gotten around to it yet lol

|Social Media Links|

"Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something."

17. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

For everything I've heard, Brotherhood sticks closer to the manga, doesn't have all that intro and has a more interesting plot, so it seems to be definetely better than FMA, which was the only one I've watched so far, tough, but as I really loved it I'm sure FMAB will be one of my favourite animes!

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Senior Member ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix is a splendid one to behold ARKphoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Orange Ribbon Gurren Gurren Dan Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 11:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Venocide EMS PSN ID: ARKphoenix Steam ID: kronicx

Well, I loved both but if I'd have to choose between the two I'd go with Brotherhood.

20. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Junior Member manga.mon123 is on a distinguished road manga.mon123's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2012 09:18 AM
    Threads

fullmetal alchemist brotherhood is my favorite anime. that is so because ,1, fmab is much funnier ,2, the art work is more clear.

Member ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis has much to be proud of ~Travis's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Capricorn L Laptop Death Note
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2012 04:59 PM
    Threads

I personally prefer Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
    While I haven't seen that much Fullmetal Alchemist, I have seen most of Brotherhood, and read the manga.
    And based on what I have heard, Fullmetal Alchemist strays a little from the manga.
    I don't for some... For some reason that just makes me like Brotherhood better.

Senior Member Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Bleach Kon
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2014 03:56 AM
    Threads

Well, I had'nt watch fullmetal alchemist yet (except for few episode) so its not good for me to judge, I dont know if it is much closer to manga then anime, but the songs OMG irrestable, full versions are just 'KILLING'
    But brotherhood was the series I loved most , I think....

UnExpected....

Junior Member VivaLaPanda is on a distinguished road VivaLaPanda's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2012 06:07 PM
    Threads

I prefer Brotherhood, having watched both I feel that Brotherhood keeps a good pace. The beginning is kinda crap, and needed more intro, but the show has a lot of meaning in it, and works as a single build towards a major plot event. Regular FullMetal Alchemist has too many small story arcs.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2014 07:26 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Its a hard choice for me. Brotherhood had much more content, but it feels like a dumbed-down version of the other. The characters just blurt out all of their thoughts and explain things that are plain obvious. I also feel that the art was a bit more colorful than i cared for.

The non-brotherhood version had a much darker and mature feel to it. Things were left more open to interpretation and the Art seemed more detailed and dramatic and the characters emotions felt more real. However, it wasn't as long as it deserved to be and it didn't feel complete (I don't wanna create any spoilers. Those who have seen it probably know what i mean).

So there ya go
    Brotherhood: Story felt complete and left you feeling more satisfied at the end, but the delivery of the story wasn't as well done.

Non-Brotherhood: Delivery of what little story there was, was done much better, but it did leave you begging for more (missing some closure).
    Kaleohano derailing threads everywhere he go
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2013 08:56 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Brotherhood closely followed the manga, so much more focus was given to the storyline.

On the other hand, the older version was aired when the manga was not even near complete, so it deviated significantly from the manga. However, it did have a lot more humor and fun-filled side stories.

Senior Member nslay has much to be proud of nslay has much to be proud of nslay has much to be proud of nslay has much to be proud of nslay has much to be proud of nslay has much to be proud of nslay has much to be proud of nslay has much to be proud of nslay has much to be proud of nslay has much to be proud of nslay's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2014 09:24 AM
    Threads

Having seen both in entirety, I personally prefer Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. The story is more interesting.

However, Full Metal Alchemist did have an interesting twist for an end. I was quite entertained by the thought of Edward and his father in World War II history ...

Senior Member .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Baka Baka Cookie
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2013 12:27 PM
    Threads

I prefer Brotherhood! The openings was just too awesome! And the story was the best, And Brotherhood was very close to the manga . C:

But Full metal alchemist was also good too!
    l~SophieChan~l
    Do not worry.
    Do not be anxious.
    Do not regret.

Your choice is the right way.
    Your heart is righteous.

Member Allan53 is on a distinguished road Allan53's Avatar
    Gil
    Worried
    Gifts Bear
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2013 02:58 AM
    Threads

Brotherhood did have a slightly weak opening, on the basis it assumed you've seen the original anime and did a brief reminder bit rather than showing everything again. After that part it develops into a fantastic show, though (although I did find the original a bit easier to follow than Brotherhood)

Member TheDeathGod is on a distinguished road TheDeathGod's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2014 05:42 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I prefer The 1st fullmetal because it has more of an original feel to it.

Junior Member SuzumeAwaha is on a distinguished road SuzumeAwaha's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2013 02:23 PM
    Threads

Well i made the stupid mistake of watching brotherhood first and not FMA, so when i went back watch it, it kinda just confused me and it was a bit boring since i had just watched Brotherhood which alot of the episodes were kinda just repeats, which just made it even more boring to watch

Member livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad has a reputation beyond repute livetogetrad's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Breads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2013 11:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Madi-chan

I watched FMA first and then watched Brotherhood a year or so later. I have never read the manga so the fact that FMA deviates from it has never bothered me.

I prefer the execution of FMA '03 because it has a darker tone to it and while a lot of people appear to be dissatisfied with the "open" ending, I kinda liked that about it. The ending for Brotherhood was like the tight ending you would hope for but the ending for FMA felt more real... If that makes any sense. Also, the introduction of new characters in Brotherhood and it being a slightly longer series made me feel like there was too much going on in comparison to FMA.

I also preferred the artwork for FMA! The art for Brotherhood looked too... clean and shiny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information