AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Questions that you really have to think about

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Default Questions that you really have to think about

So i see a lot of these "get to know each other" threads that just ask general questions. favorite this and that kind of stuff.
    I'm hoping that i can start one where we ask questions that you really have to think at a deeper level.

And please don't hesitate to answer a question that someone else has already answered.

so without further ado, allow me to get started

Basic question:
    Would you sacrifice your life to save that of a loved one.

Here's what to think about:
    if you give up your life to save theirs and they know it, how do you think they might feel about it? you're out of the picture, but they must live on with the knowledge that they are at least in some way responsible for what has befallen you.
    so will you force them to go through life with this burden of being responsible for your death? or will you allow them to die, and take that burden on for yourself, thus saving them from further pain?

Last edited by Kaleohano; 02-20-2012 at 04:11 AM.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Junior Member pikachulove is on a distinguished road pikachulove's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2012 10:07 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Questions that you really have to think about

Yes I would but the fact is that the person might never forgive you for the permanent guilt they have to face.

Senior Member John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Mars Crystal Henshin Pen Rainbow Ribbon Sagittarius
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 12:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Thats a question I thought of alot, I mean alot! But when do those moments occurr when its just life or death? It's rare but if the moment ever came I willingly sacrifice my life to save their own.
    I dunno, I guess at a time like that there's no time to think...and you just instinctively jump towards danger. :/

Senior Member Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2012 12:51 AM
    Threads

When it comes down to it, I don't know. It depends on the situation. I don't know if I'd knowingly kill myself to save someone, but I'd put myself in danger. If that makes any sense?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Senior Member mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Radish Clannad Botan Yellow Orb
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2013 12:53 AM
    Threads

of course, these questions always depend on who it is.
    If they were really close to me, I probably would sacrifice myself, but like, that's only 1 or 2 people.
    Otherwise, I'll be honest, I'd save myself.

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

A sacrifice like that I believe, happens without you thinking. You see a loved one in danger and all you want to do is run in front to protect them. It's like a "quick do something" mode and then you ended up taking your own life for that someone.
    I guess I would do that, but at the same time I'm not sure how it'll all end up and whatnot. I don't do it for anyone, just for certain people.

7. Likes Jacob's Ladder liked this post
    Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2015 05:42 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

I asked a question similar to that...but like mrpineapple said there are things that would have to be considered. Why are they in danger? Did they cause the situation? Could it have been avoided? Was the "loved one" warned about such a matter like this happening? If it was something unavoidable, such as a mugging/robbery, or walking out in the street without looking, then yes, I'd put myself on the line for that..no guilt should be felt with that. If it's something they caused with their own ignorance...sometimes loving means letting go.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by .Lali View Post
    Thats a question I thought of alot, I mean alot! But when do those moments occurr when its just life or death? It's rare but if the moment ever came I willingly sacrifice my life to save their own.
    I dunno, I guess at a time like that there's no time to think...and you just instinctively jump towards danger. :/
    yes, it is a very extreme and incredibly unlikely situation. however, it is in extreme situations where you find out the truth about people. Since i lack the ability and resources to simulate such a situation, the best i can do is to ask you to take your time and really think about what it is you'd do. and this thread is open to anyone who wants to ask other questions that make you think about the rewards, consequences, etc...
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Senior Member Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru's Avatar
    Gil
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Glass Dice Systems Xbox 360 Controller
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2012 05:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: cubangangster

Self-sacrifice is a tough debate. Yes, I would give my own life to save anothers, and whether or not they take it as a burden is not my responsibility. I did it out of, well, that retarded chemical which causes you feeling attracted to others. Though I have to say, even if it's far harder, I would take any opportunity to save both lives. Yes, I have a sense of self-sacrifice, but I have no intention to die just yet. And neither have the people around me.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Self sacrifice? Aww hell naw. I can get new loved ones. I can't get another life.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

12. Likes John Watson liked this post
    Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I might put myself at lethal risk, but I'd never knowingly sacrifice my life.

Senior Member Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2012 11:25 AM
    Threads

It's hard to judge without having been in that situation, but I'll try... I don't love people or trust people easily... So yeah, I would die for the one or two I do. I would also die for pregnant people or children *shrug*

Not as my first option, ya know, but if it came down to it... I think I would.

As for how they feel about it afterward... People die. You mourn. And you continue on...

"You are mortal: it is the mortal way. You attend the funeral, you bid the dead farewell.
    You grieve. Then you continue with your life.
    And at times the fact of her absence will hit you like a blow to the chest, and you will weep. But this will happen less and less as time goes on.
    She is dead.
    You are alive.
    So live."

Set made by the wonderful Seung-li.

"Everyone tries to define this thing called Character. It's not hard. Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking."

Member Free_Heart has a reputation beyond repute Free_Heart has a reputation beyond repute Free_Heart has a reputation beyond repute Free_Heart has a reputation beyond repute Free_Heart has a reputation beyond repute Free_Heart has a reputation beyond repute Free_Heart has a reputation beyond repute Free_Heart has a reputation beyond repute Free_Heart has a reputation beyond repute Free_Heart has a reputation beyond repute Free_Heart has a reputation beyond repute Free_Heart's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2012 12:18 PM
    Threads

I have a family so the answer to this question for sure is yes I'd cause I love them and I care about them especially my younger brother (he is 4 years old) I'm like a mom for him I wouldn't let any thing bad happen to him...but if you mean outside the family I think there wouldn't be anyone for the fact the I almost have no good friends...

Fearless Red Mage SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13's Avatar
    Gil
    Talkative
    Gifts Ice Ornament Ouran Patch
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2013 07:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, It probably a yes for me. I'll do anything for my love. Because even though they'll eventually forget you.
    What matters most is that you showed AGAPE <3 - Eternal Love.

Closed Thread

Thread Information