AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When trailer showings screw up

Senior Member Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2012 11:25 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: When trailer showings screw up

Quote Originally Posted by DerGerman View Post
    but the kids head won't be messed up for life. maybe for a few weeks at the most (and even that long is unlikely). i want you to give me one clear memory from when you were 4. 99% of people can't clearly recall any memories by themselves from before the age of 9. this is a fact. not an opinion. they can usually vaguely remember something when their parents mention a story to them. but for the most pard, people are clueless of what their perspective on life was when they were young.
    Doesn't mean it doesn't effect you, even if you don't remember it.

But in any case, while I disagree with your... tone, I agree with your general point - that kids these days are rather pathetic... And I am a 'kid these days'... I know I watched movies that, to be frank, at that age - five or so - I was far too young for, and were horror flicks and scary and stuff, and it didn't really bother me. Parents are far too sheltering with their children in this modern age, in silly ways, and far too lenient in others. Or maybe the children are just horrid things that should all be raised out in the wild on farms. Or maybe it's a mixture of both. I don't know, I'm going to shut up before I digress even further considering I'm not even sure what my point is any more...

Set made by the wonderful Seung-li.

"Everyone tries to define this thing called Character. It's not hard. Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking."

2. Likes T-Stew liked this post
    Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2017 10:46 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Saeriel View Post
    Doesn't mean it doesn't effect you, even if you don't remember it.

But in any case, while I disagree with your... tone, I agree with your general point - that kids these days are rather pathetic... And I am a 'kid these days'... I know I watched movies that, to be frank, at that age - five or so - I was far too young for, and were horror flicks and scary and stuff, and it didn't really bother me. Parents are far too sheltering with their children in this modern age, in silly ways, and far too lenient in others. Or maybe the children are just horrid things that should all be raised out in the wild on farms. Or maybe it's a mixture of both. I don't know, I'm going to shut up before I digress even further considering I'm not even sure what my point is any more...
    i do tend to come across a little...aggressively...most of the time and i do apologize for that lol

i do like the viewpoint of kids being horrid things to be raised out in the wild though. i like that idea a lot haha

too bad natural selection don't really work anymore
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Senior Member Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i do like the viewpoint of kids being horrid things to be raised out in the wild though. i like that idea a lot haha
    I clarify that 'the wild' was referring to farmland, small town, that kind of thing.

In any case, I figure it did me a great deal of good when it comes to not being a useful frell (this is disregarding that I pretend to be a useless frell), so honestly, these people who QQ (god damned teenage girls) about breaking their nails, or about, gods forbid the fork being touched by someone else (not even on the pointy end), going shoeless is apparently barbaric, and if you don't shower twice a freaking day you are unhygienic (that's ridiculous, and it's actually recommended you don't shower that often...)...

Ahem, I digress. This thread topic is making me miss when I lived on an acreage XD I love the city, really... Just not many of the people.

And I don't know about natural selection failing totally. I've seen some pretty idiotic causes of death in the news...

"Everyone tries to define this thing called Character. It's not hard. Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking."

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I clarify that 'the wild' was referring to farmland, small town, that kind of thing.

In any case, I figure it did me a great deal of good when it comes to not being a useful frell (this is disregarding that I pretend to be a useless frell), so honestly, these people who QQ (god damned teenage girls) about breaking their nails, or about, gods forbid the fork being touched by someone else (not even on the pointy end), going shoeless is apparently barbaric, and if you don't shower twice a freaking day you are unhygienic (that's ridiculous, and it's actually recommended you don't shower that often...)...

Ahem, I digress. This thread topic is making me miss when I lived on an acreage XD I love the city, really... Just not many of the people.

And I don't know about natural selection failing totally. I've seen some pretty idiotic causes of death in the news...
    QQ?

you know what i do when i drop food on the ground? pick it up, blow on it once or twice, then eat it! like a boss!
    i can't stand people that are scared of germs and all that bullcrap.
    Hmmm... Been a while
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Gil
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

QQ?

you know what i do when i drop food on the ground? pick it up, blow on it once or twice, then eat it! like a boss!
    i can't stand people that are scared of germs and all that bullcrap.
    QQ... Urban dictionary: In contemporary gamer culture, QQ has become the mainstream emoticon for crying eyes, though it is still often used in it's traditional sense.

IKR. If there's anything visible on it, I don't eat it, but otherwise... Fair game. I had a biology teacher who spent like two months of classes describing the various germs, virus', bacteria, and worms (tapeworms and the like) that can hurt us, and proceeded to freak the frell out when I ate a candy I dropped on the floor, just to frell with her xD

I have more of a problem with people who complain about like, the slightest pain - and do it seriously. I mean, I'll QQ but usually I'm just complaining for the sake of complaining, or joking or whatever - but some people are like I have a headache, omg, I'm going to die, I need pain killers, I'm going to die, oh my god I sniffled, do you have any cough meds? I feel horrible, omfg... It's like, back in my day I drive a two or three inch nail through my foot? My dad sits me down, yanks it out, and pours alcohol in it. Smack a bandage on it and call it good. Nearly cut off my nose? No big deal, go to the doctor have em clean it up. Third degree burns up my arms? Meh. Fracture my heel? Just keep walking. Hurt my thumb? Run it under cold water and call it good. Never cry or complain about that stuff. None of this yearly doctor visit BS, drugs for every god damn thing, crying because you got a papercut. I had never even been in a hospital (excepting birth, and the nose situation when I was very young, of course) or seen my doctor (again, aside from one appointment when there was suspected chicken pocks involved...) until my bloody fourteenth year.

Germ aversion is silly and annoying, but I think these people who burst into tears at the slightest discomfort are more so.
    Last edited by Saeriel; 02-29-2012 at 03:40 AM.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

QQ... Urban dictionary: In contemporary gamer culture, QQ has become the mainstream emoticon for crying eyes, though it is still often used in it's traditional sense.

IKR. If there's anything visible on it, I don't eat it, but otherwise... Fair game. I had a biology teacher who spent like two months of classes describing the various germs, virus', bacteria, and worms (tapeworms and the like) that can hurt us, and proceeded to freak the frell out when I ate a candy I dropped on the floor, just to frell with her xD

I have more of a problem with people who complain about like, the slightest pain - and do it seriously. I mean, I'll QQ but usually I'm just complaining for the sake of complaining, or joking or whatever - but some people are like I have a headache, omg, I'm going to die, I need pain killers, I'm going to die, oh my god I sniffled, do you have any cough meds? I feel horrible, omfg... It's like, back in my day I drive a two or three inch nail through my foot? My dad sits me down, yanks it out, and pours alcohol in it. Smack a bandage on it and call it good. Nearly cut off my nose? No big deal, go to the doctor have em clean it up. Third degree burns up my arms? Meh. Fracture my heel? Just keep walking. Hurt my thumb? Run it under cold water and call it good. Never cry or complain about that stuff. None of this yearly doctor visit BS, drugs for every god damn thing, crying because you got a papercut. I had never even been in a hospital (excepting birth, and the nose situation when I was very young, of course) or seen my doctor (again, aside from one appointment when there was suspected chicken pocks involved...) until my bloody fourteenth year.

Germ aversion is silly and annoying, but I think these people who burst into tears at the slightest discomfort are more so.
    i think i'mma have to track you down and give you some fist bumps for an utterly amazing response lol.
    these are usually the same people who come back from a months vacation and complain that they need to rest.
    when me and my friends go camping, we do have a little emergency kit. a bottle of Jack, super glue, and a bit of parachute chord incase some serious shyt does happen since we spend most of the time drunk and doing very very dumb stuff. but the glue and jack are only there to prevent infection on big cuts...and incase we run out of the other...beverages. wich is usually what ends up happening. lol we let a new guy come camping with us and he wanted to use it a a small cut he had on the tip of his finger. needless to say, he was cut off from the alcohol until we were too drunk to remember that he was cut off. sneaky bastard...
    Hmmm... Been a while

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Now you two are just getting off topic... Again... What does your argument about sheltered kids and "how when you were a kid.. lived out in the woods with no power" have to do with a movie showing an inappropriate trailer @Eris

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Gil
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Now you two are just getting off topic... Again... What does your argument about sheltered kids and "how when you were a kid.. lived out in the woods with no power" have to do with a movie showing an inappropriate trailer @Eris
    A valid complaint, my apologies - I was merely commenting originally that I didn't see the terrible issue... though I never actually said that... oops. *easily distracted*

10. Likes blueangel06661 liked this post
    Senior Member Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru has a reputation beyond repute Samuru's Avatar
    Gil
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Glass Dice Systems Xbox 360 Controller
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2012 05:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: cubangangster

the youth these days is bloody pathetic. they're pampered, weak, scared, and utterly useless. look back at the industrial revolution and what kids did back then, and then look at these pampered little pets from today and tell me they're not weak. people are so damn sensitive. when my old man was a baby and looked bored. his parents sat him in the grass outside, he found a stick, and dug a hole with it. and it made hi a little happy for a few seconds. now kids sit in front of TV's playing video games and post meaningless stuff about their meaningless lives on Facebook. do they even know what a stick is?!

i used to get locked out of the house and when i was thirsty, i wasn't allowed inside so i drank from the garden hose. the other day i saw my neighbor freak out at her kid for drinking from the hose cuz it wasn't sanitary enough. WHAT THE *Colorful language* IS THAT?!?!?!?!

I hate little kids these days. i truly do. my now 11 yr old sister watched paranormal activity 1, 2, and 3 with me in theaters complaining only that the movie was boring. HELL YEA! my sister is friggin awesome!
    I cannot do anything else except fully agree. Do not forget that their respect for other people (mostly teenagers and adults) went down under. I'm 17, and when I bring my little sister (aged 8) to school, the first thing I get when I enter is a few brats trying to pull at my jacket. Do not forget that the swearing now seemingly starts sooner and sooner every year. Don't tell me it's normal for kids to yell stuff like "grozit" and "frell" at age 5. My god, parenting fail or society fail?

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    its because i don't believe it to be inappropriate. i don't think the problem lies with theaters showing the wrong stuff. i think the problem lies with the kids getting scared cuz they're sheltered. things are only a problem when people complain about them. if you have a bad manager at work, its not a problem till someone complains about that manager. likewise, i bad trailer isn't a problem till someone complains about it. so no, i don't believe that i'm off topic.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Samuru View Post
    I cannot do anything else except fully agree. Do not forget that their respect for other people (mostly teenagers and adults) went down under. I'm 17, and when I bring my little sister (aged 8) to school, the first thing I get when I enter is a few brats trying to pull at my jacket. Do not forget that the swearing now seemingly starts sooner and sooner every year. Don't tell me it's normal for kids to yell stuff like "grozit" and "frell" at age 5. My god, parenting fail or society fail?
    i agree and as far as which fail it is, i'd put it in the middle. parents are to soft on kids, and society is as well. kids these days don't all have to fear the good ol' leather belt (or a 2x4 for the more violent families lol). fear doesn't always translate to respect, but it sure is a good way to keep people in check!

"You can get far with a smile, but you can get farther with a smile and a gun." `Al Capone
    ^^
    thats wassup!

the ironic thin is though, even though they're foul mouthed, disrespectful little pricks, they are still soft and weak. they only act tough and that it a fail all around.
    heres a small example.
    there are no more losers. they are all winners. the guy who's last is the "last winner." thats a load of crap. it defeats the whole purpose of competition. "i lost to this guy this year, i'll beat him next." but no, now they get ice cream because otherwise they'll get depression. makes me sick! everyone needs to hear that they lose from time to time. builds character.
    @blueangel06661
    now i'm off topic lol
    Last edited by Kaleohano; 02-29-2012 at 07:06 PM.
    Hmmm... Been a while

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2015 05:42 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

So true...
    builds character.@blueangel06661 now i'm off topic lol
    Heh!

Closed Thread

Thread Information