AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Gay Rights?

Senior Member Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Be Mine Soras Keyblade Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2018 10:02 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nickasaur PSN ID: Cloudynick Steam ID: xSykesx

Default Re: Gay Rights?

Quote Originally Posted by Seung-li View Post

Oh irony.
    That is so true x)

Quote Originally Posted by RescueCat View Post
    Gaybies!

Also, all day I've had this in my head because of this thread:
    Hahaha! Dear lord that's funny:3

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    And I'm convinced that the Bible even says what the homophobes so desperately want it to say. They don't actually read it, they just pull out random verses that they interpret to say what they want it to, and in the end, they completely lose the context of what it actually originally was in..
    Well, as true as that may be in most situations, let's not delude ourselves into thinking that the Bible doesn't say that homosexuality is a sin. Because it does. Over and over again. No offense to Seung-li, but the article really only referenced the two most quoted references in the Bible about homosexuality and stopped there. However, there is more.

The Bible is unclear about all of the specific wrongs of Sodom, but the men wanting to rape the angels, fornication, and seeking "strange flesh" are among them. And considering the fact that Lot was quite willing to give his (not virgin) daughters to this sex hungry mob, the idea of rape wasn't the thing that Lot found abhorrent; hell, there aren't too many references in the Bible where rapists are severely punished (and when they are, they raped virgins).

Leviticus 18:22 says that homosexuality is an abomination and in 20:13, it says if a man has sex with another man, they BOTH should be killed (at what point does killing someone for an action not qualify as being a sin?). In 1 Samuel 20:30-33, Saul gets angry at his son Johnathan for having a homosexual relationship with David and says that he is going to kill David. When Johnathan asks his father what he's going to do to David, his father throws a javelin at him as clue. Deuteronomy 22:5 says that men shouldn't wear woman's clothes and vice versa (so I am totally sinning right now).

But what about the New Testament? Well, in Romans 1:26-28, Paul condemns not only gay males but also lesbians (pretty much the only reference to lesbians in the Bible) and at the end of the chapter (Romans 1:32), he even condemns the supporters of homosexuals. This is repeated in 1 Corinthians (6:9-10), first and second Timothy (1:10 and 3:3 respectively), and in Revelations (22:15).

Basically, the sin is not having "natural affection" towards women. Women are apparently "objects" of pleasure created by God, so for men to turn their back on the pleasures of women (to get it from a man) or for a woman not to fulfill this "natural obligation" for a man (to pleasure another woman) is a sin for they are essentially turning their backs on God.

Of course, while this is all in the Bible, as most people know, there are also verses about treating one's neighbor nicely and not killing people. And the (apparently forgotten) verses about not wearing mixed clothing, eating pork and shrimp, how oral sex is totally cool, and how God doesn't really have a problem with abortion (in Numbers 5:21-28, he does a few Himself).

So if I can eat a pork and shrimp egg roll, have short hair and wear a cotton blend men's t-shirt without being condemned to hell, how come I can't kiss a girl?
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 02-20-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

3. Likes Volta liked this post
    Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So you have started to talk about God and homosexuality now eh?

Some procent of the human population is gay.
    Homosexuality even exists in the rest of the animal kingdom.

Conclusion: If God exists then he/she made them that way because God wanted them to be like that = homosexuality is not a sin.
    Last edited by SuXrys; 02-20-2012 at 02:52 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

5. Likes *Lady_Kikyo* liked this post
    EL SATANED sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Trollface Luna Vader
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2017 03:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

by act like equals i mean not throwing it out there that theyre gay every 2 seconds and crying about not being able to get married XD. why do gays want to get married anyway? whats so great about it? and gay people buy kids all the time watchu talking about willis. and the whole blood thing. well.. you never know ya know. stds.

Senior Member RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Vader Lighter Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2012 09:28 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sataned View Post
    by act like equals i mean not throwing it out there that theyre gay every 2 seconds and crying about not being able to get married XD. why do gays want to get married anyway? whats so great about it? and gay people buy kids all the time watchu talking about willis. and the whole blood thing. well.. you never know ya know. stds.
    I'm engaged to a man because I love him and we want to make a promise to be with each other forever + all the legal stuff that comes with that. I also have no STDs. I was a virgin before my partner, as was he.

Also, straight people have STDs too.

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Basically, the sin is not having "natural affection" towards women. Women are apparently "objects" of pleasure created by God, so for men to turn their back on the pleasures of women (to get it from a man) or for a woman not to fulfill this "natural obligation" for a man (to pleasure another woman) is a sin for they are essentially turning their backs on God.
    So... no offense to Christians, but it's a pretty horrible book, and the more I think of it, the less sense all of it makes.

Thou shall not kill is one of the Ten Commandments, yet you are ordered to kill several different people for sinning. First of all, that's a undeniable direct contradiction. Not only that, but why are humans ordered to do this? Why isn't God, the all-knowing and all-powerful being, taking care of these sinners himself? It makes no sense at all.

Of course, while this is all in the Bible, as most people know, there are also verses about treating one's neighbor nicely and not killing people. And the (apparently forgotten) verses about not wearing mixed clothing, eating pork and shrimp, how oral sex is totally cool, and how God doesn't really have a problem with abortion (in Numbers 5:21-28, he does a few Himself).

So if I can eat a pork and shrimp egg roll, have short hair and wear a cotton blend men's t-shirt without being condemned to hell, how come I can't kiss a girl?
    That's my point - it's all a bunch of picking and choosing, and when picking and choosing occurs, it happens along the lines of how the person already feels about things. If they find homosexuals gross, being against homosexuality is going to become one of their strong religious beliefs.

Sad, but true. Nevermind the fact that what so many do is considered equally a sin under God's eyes, those sins don't matter to the picker and chooser. In fact, they likely aren't even aware of their existence.

~Made by me~

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraKiss13 View Post
    You are defying God

10. Thanks Volta thanked for this post
    Likes Saeriel, sataned, Meenah liked this post
    Dislikes SakuraKiss13 disliked this post
    Senior Member Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2012 11:25 AM
    Threads

I by no means know much about religions but - isn't there something along the lines of 'judge not' in there?

Set made by the wonderful Seung-li.

"Everyone tries to define this thing called Character. It's not hard. Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking."

Senior Member Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Green Saber Storm Trooper Beer
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 01:26 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MattyG69

Is this thread just for Gay Rights in the States? Honestly; homosexuality is alive and thriving in Canada, and they seem to have all the same rights as everyone else. I was actually at a gay couples engagement party last year..... they can get married.... and as far as I know there's no restrictions on anything towards them. I was actually at the Gay Pride in Toronto last year; and I had a blast! The gay community knows how to party! They got two of the largest streets in the city blocked off for just random, drunkin, party fun!

I'm all for it! You're born the way you are; you can spend your whole life trying to fight it, but you spend your whole life lying and hating yourself because of that. So I admire gay people, to come out and be themselves. Honestly, it's probably one of the hardest things to do, so I think in a way, everyone could learn something from that..... and the lesson is, BE YOURSELF! Who cares what other people think!
    I especially feel for the individuals who come out of the closet during High School.... it's a rough time for that; but their courage is something that I'll always admire and strive for myself.

Fearless Red Mage SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13's Avatar
    Gil
    Talkative
    Gifts Ice Ornament Ouran Patch
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2013 07:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    Please tell me you aren't being serious.

If Christianity is somehow true Adam and Eve being Adam and Eve means nothing. Adam and Eve were the only humans, and they would have to mate to continue on humanity.

That's not even remotely relevant to today's world where we have a great deal of overpopulation.

And no, I'm not going to attempt to change my natural sexual urges for some 2000 year old book of which we have no idea what the original even really said and of which our current translations are full of mistranslations.

I have already tried to change my sexuality, by the way. It doesn't work that way.

And I'm convinced that the Bible even says what the homophobes so desperately want it to say. They don't actually read it, they just pull out random verses that they interpret to say what they want it to, and in the end, they completely lose the context of what it actually originally was in. Back when I was a Christian I actually looked this stuff up, and many of the verses they put out are referring to specific things, like male prostitution. But they would never see it in that context. They never actually read their Bible to begin with.

No true Christian would be rallying against homosexuality like these ones are. I'm tired of it, they're always there to push down groups that are trying to gain their rights and they claim it all to be a 'religious belief'. Please, lets stop listening to them. God's wrath has not come down upon us for giving rights to former slaves and women. For those 'Christians', the Bible is just a tool to hide behind because they're so prejudiced they can't understand the thought of giving those who are different from them the rights they deserve.
    I'm dead serious here. If I wasn't I won't be clinging on this belief up until now.
    Okay. I had enough. If people won't believe me so be it. This will be my last hopefully reply here.

Sadly, If we are born too feminine or masculine for our own good. That really is sad. We should just all face the fact.
    and If I had said that homosexual relationship is a sin. It will always be. Being a simple gay person without commitments to the same sex is good. But when you crossed beyond that line.. It is considered a sin. We all have our Limitations. We should never cross lines we shouldn't cross.

I'm a believer of God and I will always believe with God's word. We all have our own beliefs but I do hope you guys consider believing our beliefs too.
    and oh BTW, I do not believe being gay is something we are born with. There isn't such a thing as "gay genes" or somewhat so *coughdon'tblamepeopleforgivingbirthtopeoplewhotur nsgayallofasuddencough*
    Last edited by SakuraKiss13; 02-21-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Senior Member Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Aria Neko Jigsaw Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 02:33 PM
    Somewhere between sparkle bunnies and pinkish kittens.
    Threads

I actually don't think in stereotyping people based on their sexual preferences at all.
    I do stereotype in race though, however, I'm not racist. I'm just like 'Oh that asian girl' etc.
    Would never mention 'Oh that gay girl' instead.

Senior Member Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym's Avatar
    Gil
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2012 11:10 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pieRESURRECTED

first let me say that i am NOT religious.
    i just want to point out that the bible is pretty hardcore when it comes to gay people.

it flat out says to kill them!
    "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
    "If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia."

Senior Member RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat has a reputation beyond repute RescueCat's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh man. There is a GAY GENE. It has been SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN.

If you're so small minded that you think being gay is a choice, go out and try to be homosexual for a day or so. TRY and actually be attracted to the same sex as you. Try to actually WANT them in your pants. Can't do it? It's probably not a choice then.

17. Dislikes Volta disliked this post
    Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I'm a believer of God and I will always believe with God's word. We all have our own beliefs but I do hope you guys consider believing our beliefs too.
    I had been a Christian for the majority of my life.

But there's no turning back for me now. Not after knowing more about Christianity, the Bible's origins, and the other religions of the world. I've come to a point of no return.

and oh BTW, I do not believe being gay is something we are born with. There isn't such a thing as "gay genes" or somewhat so *coughdon'tblamepeopleforgivingbirthtopeoplewhotur nsgayallofasuddencough*
    Then do explain the studies that gay male's brains look different.

If somebody can 'turn gay all of the sudden' they were never that straight to begin with.

~Made by me~

Fearless Red Mage SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13 has a reputation beyond repute SakuraKiss13's Avatar
    Gil
    Talkative
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RescueCat View Post
    Oh man. There is a GAY GENE. It has been SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN.

If you're so small minded that you think being gay is a choice, go out and try to be homosexual for a day or so. TRY and actually be attracted to the same sex as you. Try to actually WANT them in your pants. Can't do it? It's probably not a choice then.

Well, I can't simply rest when someone is saying something I'm dissatisfied about. and FYI, I'll admit. i have been attracted by a man's touch and I totally felt love but I knew from the start. Sadness will only wait me in the end.
    Oh please, being homosexual can be avoided. It still can be changed.
    let me share you a story from a book published here in the Philippines about being homosexual or being 'different' at least.

This boy had dreams of becoming a real girl but sadly he was born with a man's face, body, err. organs.
    When he became rich, he underwent sex change and poof, he is now a she. he fell in love with a man who committed his life to him and they both share a happy wed life for 6 years.

The boy really had fun thru the years and you know what, he wasn't really satisfied of all he done. He felt that the puzzle of his life had a missing piece.
    and so, he left his husband and he became straight. The boy (who I can't recall his name) is now encouraging the gay community to revert back.

So, that summarizes it. @Bassoonista you see, straight men can turn gay instantly because of a lot of factors.
    1. Lack of guidance of father
    2. The community who keeps tolerating this.

and therefore, it isn't a surprise anymore if a straight man turns gay all of sudden.

and one more thing, there are X and Y chromosomes. the Y determines the gender right?
    and therefore I believe there are no gay genes. If science says it, So what? I have my own opinion. and that's that.
    Last edited by SakuraKiss13; 02-22-2012 at 06:23 AM.

20. Likes Nickasaur liked this post
    Senior Member Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur has a reputation beyond repute Nickasaur's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Be Mine Soras Keyblade Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2018 10:02 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nickasaur PSN ID: Cloudynick Steam ID: xSykesx

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    So you have started to talk about God and homosexuality now eh?

Some procent of the human population is gay.
    Homosexuality even exists in the rest of the animal kingdom.

Conclusion: If God exists then he/she made them that way because God wanted them to be like that = homosexuality is not a sin.
    Homosexuality is not a sin yus! But talking about 'God' and the terms that he uses like 'killing' is a sin to all the people in the world. Breaking sins = hell.
    Forgiveness i'm not sure of. But if god talks about killing etc. Is he breaking his own rules that HE/SHE made for the world? So so far, homosexuality is not a sin what so ever. It is right if they think it is right.

Gil
    Talkative
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Umm,. If the bible tells us to kill gay people. It really doesn't mean literally.
    it just means gay person who engaged in a relationship with a gay person has the chances of meeting hell.
    and I just said earlier that being gay isn't a sin.

Thrust through the heavens with your spirit!! Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Flamingo Cake Lie
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2012 04:48 AM
    Threads

Umm,. If the bible tells us to kill gay people. It really doesn't mean literally.
    it just means gay person who engaged in a relationship with a gay person has the chances of meeting hell.
    It doesn't even say that figuratively.

Either way, here is the most controversial verse:

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous[b] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,[c] 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

-1st Corinthians 6:9-10
    It never commands anybody to kill anyone, let alone homosexuals, it just says they will not inherit the kingdom of God.

If you want to get real specific, this is the most literal translation of the Bible, so its technically "men who practice homosexuality," so homosexual women are in the clear I guess.

But no, what I believe is this: If you look at the next verse,

11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
    I think when you become a Christian, all sins that ruled your life cease to be your identity, and Christ becomes your identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    first let me say that i am NOT religious.
    i just want to point out that the bible is pretty hardcore when it comes to gay people.

it flat out says to kill them!
    "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
    You were supposed to be killed for a lot of things back then, not just homosexuals, but adulterers as well.

But I think John 8:2-11 sets this precedent:

2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”
    We're not supposed to 'cast the stone' anymore, because we live under a New Covenant, different from the one that Leviticus was under.
    Last edited by Volta; 02-22-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 10:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I completely support gay rights as well as equal rights for all demographics (both beneficial and otherwise).
    My reasoning is mostly that most controversy seems to arise from personal beliefs, ie religion, but not everyone shares those beliefs, so why should they be forced to conform to them? It breeds inequality and hatred, contempt and the like based on that inequality.

One thing I do find rather sad, is many of the opponents of gay rights are so called Christians ignoring the New Covenant that began with Christ, turning not to their scriptures (and those that do, not looking into them enough), instead looking to fanatics pulling often out of context Bible passages out of parts of the Bible that came before the New Covenant (managing to miss Jesus' messages of peace and tolerance in the process). Just like in centuries past, large numbers of Christians are falling for the words of evil men masquerading as messengers of God. I used to be a Christian myself, read the Bible multiple times, often researched problems with translations and the like, and sure, homosexual acts are considered a sin. The same way eating pork and masturbating are and less so than adultery, all of which are common things to see in some Christians. Yet they are not being condemned, some crusaders of hate are actually known adulterers. But, being hypocritical is all the rage these days, isn't it?

Meanwhile little ol' me points it out, sometimes to inform, sometimes for those people who are unfairly mistreated, other times for a chuckle - because there's few jokes more amusing than the reactions of those who realise they've been manipulated, besides of course those who try to block it out or remain uninformed looking incredibly bad in the process.
    victoria aut mors

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If people have to follow the bible; then everyone has the chance of meeting hell.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Well, I can't simply rest when someone is saying something I'm dissatisfied about. and FYI, I'll admit. i have been attracted by a man's touch and I totally felt love but I knew from the start. Sadness will only wait me in the end.
    Oh please, being homosexual can be avoided. It still can be changed.
    let me share you a story from a book published here in the Philippines about being homosexual or being 'different' at least.

This boy had dreams of becoming a real girl but sadly he was born with a man's face, body, err. organs.
    When he became rich, he underwent sex change and poof, he is now a she. he fell in love with a man who committed his life to him and they both share a happy wed life for 6 years.

The boy really had fun thru the years and you know what, he wasn't really satisfied of all he done. He felt that the puzzle of his life had a missing piece.
    and so, he left his husband and he became straight. The boy (who I can't recall his name) is now encouraging the gay community to revert back.

So, that summarizes it. @Bassoonista you see, straight men can turn gay instantly because of a lot of factors.
    1. Lack of guidance of father
    2. The community who keeps tolerating this.

and therefore, it isn't a surprise anymore if a straight man turns gay all of sudden.

and one more thing, there are X and Y chromosomes. the Y determines the gender right?
    and therefore I believe there are no gay genes. If science says it, So what? I have my own opinion. and that's that.
    Lol. Your 'opinion' can not trump what science says.

And what you described above was not really a homosexual, it was somebody who thought they were transgendered and transitioned but decided that wasn't what they wanted in the end. It does nothing to me to prove that sexuality is a choice. HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy), which transgendered people take when transitioning, is actually known to make people's sexuality change. In the case, of Male to Female transgendered people it typically makes their sexual desire go down a great deal, and if it goes down to a certain point, then their sexuality becomes inconsequential and they really can 'choose'. Although they're still not choosing anything other then who they date.

Oh, I'm pretty sure it does.

The Bible was written thousands of years ago, when this kind of thing was acceptable. It definitely wasn't figuratively.
    Last edited by Aulos; 02-22-2012 at 09:59 AM.

~Made by me~

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

@SakuraKiss13
    If you cite your Bible to condemn homosexuality, did you know that the Bible also tells its readers that:
    • You must not eat any fat or any blood. (Leviticus 3:17)
    • For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. (Leviticus 21:17)
    • If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)
    • Neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woolen come upon thee. (Leviticus 19:19)
    • Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death. (Matthew 15:4)
    I don't think I need to go on with the list. I respect everyone's religious choice, so I normally refrain from attacking people's religious views, but if you're gonna use your religion to tell others what to do and what not to do, then we have a problem.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Meh, why shouldn't gay folks have the same rights as hetero's? People talk about the sancity of marriage, but from what I've seen Gay folks aren't ruining marriage, cheaters, backstabbers, contract marriages, and idiots are ruining marriage.

Why shouldn't gay folks be able to fight and die for their country and their rights and freedoms like hetero's? You'd think this would be a non-issue, and to most military members it is. If you're being shot at and you are worried about someone's sexuality, you've got problems. Besides, you'd think those that hate gay folks would be okay with the idea of sending them to war in hope they might die. So wat teh problem iz?

Besides, whatever happened to leaving folks alone to deal with your own business instead of being all up about their's? I doubt converting homosexuals to heterosexuals will solve the wars in the middle east, corruption on the governments, and the massive amounts of starving and ill folks that can barely affair to look at an ad for food and medicine, let alone the food and medicine.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Thrust through the heavens with your spirit!! Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Flamingo Cake Lie
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2012 04:48 AM
    Threads

All religion is, is trite moralizing.

I'm personally a Christian, but I only impose my religion on those who are interested.

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I actually thought Sakurakiss was a decent person :/

I am in love with someone MALE. I kiss someone MALE. I'm marrying someone MALE. I share a bed with someone MALE. I'm going to have kids with someone MALE. I have a pet with someone MALE. I cook dinner for someone MALE. I cuddle someone MALE.

I don't care if some 2000 year old book says that's wrong. I don't care if a 1 year old book says it's wrong. I don't care if you say it's wrong, because guess what? I LOVE HIM. I have cried just thinking about if he died. I genuinely would not want to live without him. If I had a choice in WHO I loved at all, it probably wouldn't be him. He's annoying, he's childish, he complains so much, but even with all that, I fell in love and I am STILL in love. Nothing will change that. Get over it.

31. Likes Meenah liked this post
    Dislikes SakuraKiss13 disliked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information