AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who doesn't care for FMAB?

Member Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2012 09:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Am I the only one who doesn't care for FMAB?

I kind of feel bad for posting because most of the other threads are about FMAB '^ ^a

Ok, first of all, I really really appriciate the fact that they actually took the time to make another FMA series based on the manga. They get mega-respect points for that, however, I don't think it owns up to the previous series.
    The style and the animation was way better and so was the soundtrack (speaking of which, they actually had the opening songs play about the average 1:30, whilst FMAB only plays their openings and endings about 53-56 seconds).

The storyline for FMAB can't be knocked because, well, it's based off the manga. But if you're like me and watched the original anime before watching FMAB and reading the manga, you're left sitting there going "Omaga.......wut....??" But that's my own fault XD

Please don't see this as me totally dissing FMAB, I'm simply saying that it doesn't own up to the original anime.

DISCUSS!

2. Likes Will Phuah liked this post
    Senior Member Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Red Ribbon Eva NERV Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2011 10:35 PM
    In multiple realities, serving the same purpose.
    Threads

Default Re: Am I the only one who doesn't care for FMAB?

Eh, it was cool to see the manga animated. But I really, really, REALLY wished they had kept the art style of the first animu. But yeah, it was nice, but I wouldn't say I loved it.

♥♦♣♠"Nature cares nothing for our logic, our human logic. She has her own, which we do not realize or acknowledge until we are crushes under it's wheel." ♥♦♣♠

4. Likes Arumachinogunjou liked this post
    Senior Member Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou has a brilliant future Arumachinogunjou's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2011 03:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bloodharbringer Steam ID: Bloodharbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Tsundere View Post
    Eh, it was cool to see the manga animated. But I really, really, REALLY wished they had kept the art style of the first animu. But yeah, it was nice, but I wouldn't say I loved it.
    read all of this in my voice. oh wait you don't know my voice...

anyway, I agree with Vanilla, the first anime was much better made stylewise.

Junior Member Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2011 01:44 AM
    Threads

I disagree, I like the art style of brotherhood. I also like how it seemed to be more appealing to older viewers.
    FMAB was good.
    Taking signature requests, please visit my GFX thread.

7. Likes .Tatty. liked this post
    Member Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias is a splendid one to behold Tobias's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes! I agree with you on the point that it appealed more to an older audience. There's no denying that.

But Ed's eyes.......I just think they were too big O.o

But I'm probably speaking on the base of nostalgia rather than giving a true critique of FMAB.

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

I... honestly can't remember the art style of the original anime. But yeah, I actually read the manga simultaneously with watching the anime and when the anime started going all haywire, I dropped it until it finished. After I watched it I was really disappointed. Anyway, even when Brotherhood first came out, I didn't give it a chance because of how much the first FMA upset me. It wasn't until recently that I gave it a chance, I would say that Brotherhood demolishes the original. -rewatches an ep of the original FMA- Okay, I will admit that the art in the older version was more fluid, and I liked the music more, but the art in Brotherhood was decent; it was very clean. Overall, I'm just saying that I think Brotherhood is better.

Junior Member Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger has a reputation beyond repute Skyforger's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2011 01:44 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MistaCloudStrife View Post
    I... honestly can't remember the art style of the original anime. But yeah, I actually read the manga simultaneously with watching the anime and when the anime started going all haywire, I dropped it until it finished. After I watched it I was really disappointed. Anyway, even when Brotherhood first came out, I didn't give it a chance because of how much the first FMA upset me. It wasn't until recently that I gave it a chance, I would say that Brotherhood demolishes the original. -rewatches an ep of the original FMA- Okay, I will admit that the art in the older version was more fluid, and I liked the music more, but the art in Brotherhood was decent; it was very clean. Overall, I'm just saying that I think Brotherhood is better.
    Totally agree with you, on every detail but the art. Other than that I will +1 what you said.
    Taking signature requests, please visit my GFX thread.

Senior Member ☆LadyKikyou☆ has a reputation beyond repute ☆LadyKikyou☆ has a reputation beyond repute ☆LadyKikyou☆ has a reputation beyond repute ☆LadyKikyou☆ has a reputation beyond repute ☆LadyKikyou☆ has a reputation beyond repute ☆LadyKikyou☆ has a reputation beyond repute ☆LadyKikyou☆ has a reputation beyond repute ☆LadyKikyou☆ has a reputation beyond repute ☆LadyKikyou☆ has a reputation beyond repute ☆LadyKikyou☆ has a reputation beyond repute ☆LadyKikyou☆ has a reputation beyond repute ☆LadyKikyou☆'s Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Gir Ramen Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2014 05:06 PM
    Threads

Im sorry but I never did really like the first FMA.. even without reading the manga I was lost.. the story line seem really choppy and out of place in some episodes, and the animation was HORRIBLE!. And lastly.. I really dislike the fact that in the first FMA they took away Eds uhh.."innocense" so to speak, of not taking anyones life. I love that about his character and they killed that about him. Not in Brotherhood though, they kept that and its the best thing.

Senior Member Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2012 03:55 AM
    Threads

I, for one, never read manga. Having that said, I think I was quite glad for both of the series having watched them. I watched the original series [FMA] first and was in the belief that there was nothing more to it. It wasn't until someone asked me "Did you see the original or brotherhood?", that I realized that there were two! I then watched Brotherhood and my first thoughts were: Equal in enjoyability, both good stories - and not having the original plot (from the manga) in mind, I just felt that it was two different series were two stories, which I ended up enjoying.

So what I'm basically saying is that without the original plot in mind, one can't be either thrilled or disappointed when the plot differs from the original one, since you obviously don't know it in the first place. When it comes to animation, I'm usually quite large with the more recent one - as in not giving the greatest frell (Ano 2000 and thereafter).

Edit: Oh yeah - profanity filter. You can guess yourself what the word "frell" was supposed to be.

Junior Member Epitaph has a reputation beyond repute Epitaph has a reputation beyond repute Epitaph has a reputation beyond repute Epitaph has a reputation beyond repute Epitaph has a reputation beyond repute Epitaph has a reputation beyond repute Epitaph has a reputation beyond repute Epitaph has a reputation beyond repute Epitaph has a reputation beyond repute Epitaph has a reputation beyond repute Epitaph has a reputation beyond repute Epitaph's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2011 07:56 PM
    Threads

I liked the first anime, though I found it rather confusing and...messy. Some parts just didn't make sense. After I watched brotherhood (which is my favorite anime), I thought so even more.
    About the art...I watched the first anime with german dub and it fit great. I watched brotherhood with japanese dub and it fit great, too.
    I can't imagine brotherhood with the german dub, dunno why. But I definitely prefer that anime.

Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes, I do agree that the first series was confusing & messy, but like I said, I'm most likely speaking on the base of nostalgia about the first anime XD

But I don't think Brotherhood is BAD, it's just I'm used to the first anime. Like, before FMAB aired, I wasn't in the update loop, so it was just sort of.....dropped into my lap & left me going "Omaga.....wut?"

Banned Forum / Chat Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute Frederica Sawyer's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Portal Blueportal Eva NERV
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2011 08:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    I also like how it seemed to be more appealing to older viewers.
    It's funny because I hated it for being so immature.

Senior Member SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Red Ornament L Laptop Chilled Monkey Brains
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2011 02:40 PM
    Threads

well, i didn't care for the ending to the first series and FMAB is funnier with all the action of the original. (I never read manga...)

I likes da FMAB.
    "Parents and guardians don't care if they're sending you to face bloodthirsty monsters, so long as you get a B in English." - The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod
    ~~~~I am a most traitorous of pirates, but do not let that discourage you; I tend to fight alongside ninjas~~~~

Senior Member Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas has a reputation beyond repute Aranneas's Avatar
    Gil
    Torn
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2011 09:33 PM
    Threads

It's been most of a year since I finished Brotherhood and to be honest I still haven't sorted out how I feel about the two. I haven't read the manga, so I was never tied down by that particular loyalty; still, it's actually a rather confusing experience to have the same story taken to such different places. It's made me consider my approach to media and writing as a whole.

On the whole, I can say this much. Brotherhood was definitely the story that left me feeling more 'completely satisfied' at the end. Everything arose naturally out of the flow of the series, with enough twists in there to still keep it winding round. Each individual character arc (or at least the ones I cared about) actually feels like it went somewhere. Although

Hohenheim's departure pissed me off a tad considering Ed's refusal to use his life barely a minute earlier in screen time.

The original FMA anime, however, was a blast. I really felt engrossed by the intrigue in a way that Brotherhood never really did for me. FMA was an introduction into a dark and unsettling world where you can imagine any number of things happening behind the scenes; there might be other alchemists wreaking all sorts of havoc in other locales and timelines.

Brotherhood was, in a sense, too complete. The events that occur are clearly isolated and of a nature that simply aren't capable of being repeated. It ties things off so completely that the setting feels dried up at the end. I like a bit of ambiguity in my endings - not the sort that's a blatant setup for a sequel that trashes the continuity and dignity of the franchise. But you could at least give us a sense that this strange and mysterious place we've been exposed to would still be worth visiting another time. Brotherhood didn't pull that off anywhere near as well as the original did.
    Last edited by Aranneas; 09-05-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2014 11:26 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

To be perfectly honest-I started reading the FMA manga half way through the original anime...So although I saw the original anime "first" technically, I found the manga to be even more invigorating than that of the first anime. It seemed to wrap around my head a LOT better then the original anime did. It's story line continually put me on the edge of my seat looking foreward to more and what would happen next-where as the first anime made me go "eh-I'll see what happens when it happens."

Plus the original anime turned Rose into the first canon mary-sue I'd ever seen...And that grossed me out. I liked her a shiz load better in the manga. Dante-also-struck me as a horribly cliche and boring villian...but Father made me stop and think.

So, when Brotherhood came about and was based soley off of the manga (save for the very first episode) I was in heaven-and I absolutely LOVED it. And tbh, I actually enjoyed Brotherhood's music more then the original anime's. I caught myself humming the first opening one too many times...heh. And on the point of the art-Brotherhood's art kept closer to the manga's art. Compare the two next time you get a chance. You'll see that the manga and Brotherhood's art is extremely similar.
    Last edited by Kagome; 09-15-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Member sephygirl1789 is on a distinguished road sephygirl1789's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Death Note
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2011 07:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i never could get into brotherhood as i could to the original the original was funny and sad at the same time and with the homonculus unexpectedly creating chaos with the elric brothers and brotherhood took my favorite character away personality wise i loved the old roy mustang and brotherhood got rid of it i watched the conquest of shambala and i was very disappointed it wasn't like the original and just wasn't funny at all and poor ed being separated from his brother al and cant use alchemy even ed's personality changed and i loved the original ed it made me so sad to see them change (for the worse in my opinion)
    I am Sephiroth's girl. We will rule over you! Challenge this couple if you dare!

Junior Member Jordan Miller is on a distinguished road Jordan Miller's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2011 09:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darthdaddyous

Im readin the manga now. Im gonna wait till i finish it to watch fmab.

Senior Member Will Phuah has a reputation beyond repute Will Phuah has a reputation beyond repute Will Phuah has a reputation beyond repute Will Phuah has a reputation beyond repute Will Phuah has a reputation beyond repute Will Phuah has a reputation beyond repute Will Phuah has a reputation beyond repute Will Phuah has a reputation beyond repute Will Phuah has a reputation beyond repute Will Phuah has a reputation beyond repute Will Phuah has a reputation beyond repute Will Phuah's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Tiger Basketball Black Beauty LesPauls
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2014 08:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've always wanted to say that, but sis you started the thread before me ! XD Well, I do also think that Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is no match for the original anime : Fullmetal Alchemist. Yeah, we admit it's directed from the manga, and we all respect Arakawa-san for making a real great story, but it's undenyable that some of us think that Brotherhood is bad, not like the first anime. First, the art, it kinda messed up, a lot, towards the end. Then, the music, oh God, it was too dramatic ! After that, the seiyuu, they did a great job, give an applause (not being sarcastic), but sometimes they shouted to dramaticly and...
    Well, just a "review". I hope I didn't offense anybody, but if I did, I sincerely apologise.

Thrust through the heavens with your spirit!! Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Flamingo Cake Lie
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2012 04:48 AM
    Threads

I prefer Brotherhood because its true to the manga. The original FMA kinda stopped in an awkward place and the animation was amateur compared to Brotherhood, and the characters were very one-dimensional.

Member shio_fujioka has a brilliant future shio_fujioka has a brilliant future shio_fujioka has a brilliant future shio_fujioka has a brilliant future shio_fujioka has a brilliant future shio_fujioka has a brilliant future shio_fujioka has a brilliant future shio_fujioka has a brilliant future shio_fujioka has a brilliant future shio_fujioka has a brilliant future shio_fujioka has a brilliant future shio_fujioka's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Pearl Ribbon Dr Who Tardis Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-16-2011 10:23 PM
    Threads

I personally like them both equally. I watched FMA when I was younger, and now that I'm older I have seen Brotherhood, so maybe that's why I didn't have a problem with either. However, I did like the ending to FMAB a lot better than the original ending. Because the original ending, as previously mentioned, how ed was stuck on the other side, really made for a bad ending. You might has well have killed Ed off. But the ending to brotherhood was superb. I love Ed's final words in the last episode, it's one of my favorite quotes. And the scene with Ed and Winry, it just had to happen. It cleared everything up, and gave concrete proof they had feelings for each other. It was touching.

Junior Member resistthecall is on a distinguished road resistthecall's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2012 02:29 AM
    Threads

I am so glad someone posted this. The original anime was SO much more mature. I really didn't like brotherhood.
    I read some of the manga, but I didn't like it. But then again, I usually like anime better. So I thought I would like FMAB, but it practically removed all the emotion and made it a typical Shounen story. Uhg.
    Let me go into some stuff more:
    The music. The original had much better music and art. IMO.
    Then the characters. Ed was SO much more mature in the original. And I hate Ed x Winry. It's such a lame couple, but it basically ruins Ed's character in Brotherhood. Not to mention the ending of brotherhood is lame.
    It seemed like it was for little kids compared to the original.
    Last edited by resistthecall; 12-03-2011 at 01:10 PM.

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2014 01:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: WTF?You kidding me?

^ sad thing for you...the Manga was actually the original. Not the first anime,
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である
    We all must fight; to protect, to survive, to keep alive what we believe in.

Junior Member resistthecall is on a distinguished road resistthecall's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2012 02:29 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by かごめ View Post
    ^ sad thing for you...the Manga was actually the original. Not the first anime,
    I know that. It just wasn't my cup of tea. It's too shounen. I prefer the more Seinen original anime.

Junior Member Hari Kari is on a distinguished road Hari Kari's Avatar
    Gil
    Festive
    Gifts Hot Chocolate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2012 04:49 AM
    Threads

Yeah I agree. FMA original series was better and it really had me. Not only the characters but it was the storyline that captivated my emotions. The best.

Member KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko has much to be proud of KageNoNeko's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Ouran Patch
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2014 11:43 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I kind of feel bad for posting because most of the other threads are about FMAB '^ ^a

Ok, first of all, I really really appriciate the fact that they actually took the time to make another FMA series based on the manga. They get mega-respect points for that, however, I don't think it owns up to the previous series.
    The style and the animation was way better and so was the soundtrack (speaking of which, they actually had the opening songs play about the average 1:30, whilst FMAB only plays their openings and endings about 53-56 seconds).

The storyline for FMAB can't be knocked because, well, it's based off the manga. But if you're like me and watched the original anime before watching FMAB and reading the manga, you're left sitting there going "Omaga.......wut....??" But that's my own fault XD

Please don't see this as me totally dissing FMAB, I'm simply saying that it doesn't own up to the original anime.

DISCUSS!
    FMAB's openings and endings are shorter when the episode runs on Adult Swim. The first opening and ending ran about 1:30, but would run shorter than that on Adult Swim.

There was somethings in first anime that didn't feel all that right but felt right in Brotherhood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information