AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Food Bank Denies Donations from Planned Parenthood

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Food Bank Denies Donations from Planned Parenthood

All I told the young lady from Planned Parenthood was that I couldn’t send a truck to pick up, and gave her a list of other food pantries that might want to pick up, I gave her no reason at all and she didn’t ask why. Soon after, I started receiving the hate e-mail and phone calls. I politely explained to callers that although we are non-denominational in regards to those we serve, we are a Catholic organization who shares a board of directors with our sister organization, St. Vincent de Paul. We adhere to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and to the Rule of St. Vincent de Paul. I also explained our Gift Acceptance Policy and how acceptance of the donation would compromise our core values and possibly damage the reputation of Paul’s Pantry.
    Link to the rest of the story.

I think it's funny. If the Pantry had declined a donation from, say, the KKK, or some other group for the same reason, nothing would have been said. I don't really like all the Bible thumping in the comments, or the little that is in the story, but I don't really think it matters.

Thoughts? Concerns? Humorous musings?

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: Food Bank Denies Donations from Planned Parenthood

I don't know.. I'm bothered by how hypocritical these types of religions tend to be >____>

I'm all for religion, you like it? Okay go be yourself and do what you like I ain't stoppin ya.. As for me.. Nada..

I don't see anything wrong with Planned Parenthood, therefor for them to deny their donations is sort of ridiculous. I understand denying from hate groups. But PP? Come on... It doesn't hurt you the slightest bit.... Ugh

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I don't know.. I'm bothered by how hypocritical these types of religions tend to be >____>
    How is this situation hypocritical? It is clearly stated that they could not send a truck because of their policies. It's also stated that the donation would have been accepted if it had been left at the food bank.

I don't see anything wrong with Planned Parenthood, therefor for them to deny their donations is sort of ridiculous.
    Subjective reasoning; The Catholic Church has a different stance on abortion than Planned Parenthood, and anything but bickering between the two is ridiculous. Besides, they denied them a delivery truck. The lady was even nice enough to list off other places that would send a truck for the donation.

I understand denying from hate groups. But PP? Come on... It doesn't hurt you the slightest bit.... Ugh
    You can't know that. People will use just about any excuse they can to demonize, insult, or damage an opposite party, and Planned Parenthood is about as opposite from the Catholic church as opposing parties can get.

Senior Member Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Green Saber Storm Trooper Beer
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 01:26 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MattyG69

I don't think the Planned Parenthood meant anything by it; not that they were sending it on purpose to deliberately get a negative response so that they could start this whole ordeal. I think they took it the wrong way after they were denied, and assumed that St. Vincent de Paul was trying to make a jab AT THEM. Which in a way they were, given that by their church law they look down upon that. But that's religion; the people that follow it do so to the extreme.

All in all, I think it was blown out of porportion. And hate emailing a church organization is a little low; considering it's a charitable one.

But given the fact that if the organization was desperate for donations, and THAN denied them... that would be a different story.

Closed Thread

Thread Information