AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Romance

Junior Member josheatsworld has a spectacular aura about josheatsworld has a spectacular aura about josheatsworld's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2012 12:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Romance

Am I the only one or is it just me that thinks most of the harems and romance anime have in satisfying endings.😭

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Romance

I guess it depends on the type of romance. I'm a big fan of manga/anime that actually follow the relationship after it starts and I feel that 95% of shoujo anime end after the confession. I still like shoujo but I feel if they followed the relationship after even if one extra chapter, it would make for a more satisfying ending.
    For harems, most of the time I dislike the endings. The mangaka usually doesn't like to make the character end up with a girl in the end so most have an open ending. Good harem endings have the character choose one of the girls while the other ones get one with their lives - by going to college or finding another guy.
    The manga/anime I feel have the most satisfying endings are josei and more mature shoujo. Mostly follows characters through their relationship, to marriage and children. This gives me a good feeling that characters belong to each other since they go through so much while with most shoujo I have an unsure feeling since it's most of the time a highschool relationship.
    Senjougahara Fascination

3. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Junior Member josheatsworld has a spectacular aura about josheatsworld has a spectacular aura about josheatsworld's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Good input I'm trying to explore more but it's always hard to find something once you've finished a good series with a bad ending. Do you have any recommendations?

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by josheatsworld View Post
    Good input I'm trying to explore more but it's always hard to find something once you've finished a good series with a bad ending. Do you have any recommendations?
    Some that I really enjoyed that follows the relationship after they get together are
    -Clannad
    -Itazura na Kiss
    -Kimi ni Todoke
    -Nodame Cantabile
    -Kare Kano

Other good romances are
    -Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen (Better if you used to watch Rurouni Kenshin but it's not necessary)
    -Kimikiss Pure Rouge
    -Kaichou wa Maid Sama!
    -Toradora
    -Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

And if you want harems
    -Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
    -Love Hina
    -MM!
    -Nyan Koi!
    -Rosario to Vampire
    -Zero no Tsukaima
    -Ouran High School Host Club (Reverse Harem)

If it reaches that situation where you can't think of any anime to watch try to read some manga especially the lesser known ones. I always find some nice stories there
    Last edited by Screwby; 02-12-2012 at 03:37 AM.
    Senjougahara Fascination

6. Likes Meteorkeeper liked this post
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks a lot! Just started cannas and love hina. Definitely looking into mangas

~The Skylark Rose~ animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Notebook
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2012 09:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
    I guess it depends on the type of romance. I'm a big fan of manga/anime that actually follow the relationship after it starts and I feel that 95% of shoujo anime end after the confession. I still like shoujo but I feel if they followed the relationship after even if one extra chapter, it would make for a more satisfying ending.
    For harems, most of the time I dislike the endings. The mangaka usually doesn't like to make the character end up with a girl in the end so most have an open ending. Good harem endings have the character choose one of the girls while the other ones get one with their lives - by going to college or finding another guy.
    The manga/anime I feel have the most satisfying endings are josei and more mature shoujo. Mostly follows characters through their relationship, to marriage and children. This gives me a good feeling that characters belong to each other since they go through so much while with most shoujo I have an unsure feeling since it's most of the time a highschool relationship.
    I agree with you I totally hate it when the anime ends after the confession. For once I would like the anime to follow their relationships and show their troubles and stuff too. I also hate it when the dude or girl ends up with the wrong person. Like in Shuffle, I thought he should have ended up with Kaede.

Senior Member plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2012 12:24 PM
    Threads

More romance anime need the couples to get married and have a baby.

10. Likes Meteorkeeper, Jasanime, Screwby liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by animegirl2365 View Post
    I agree with you I totally hate it when the anime ends after the confession. For once I would like the anime to follow their relationships and show their troubles and stuff too. I also hate it when the dude or girl ends up with the wrong person. Like in Shuffle, I thought he should have ended up with Kaede.
    I never seen Shuffle so I can't comment too much on it, but I think it depends on who you like to define the right person for the main character to end up with. Though I agree that quite often the main character will end up with someone who has a horrible personality (it's more present in manga than anime though) with the excuse that he/she is nice on the inside, etc.
    Senjougahara Fascination

Junior Member sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy has a reputation beyond repute sm00zy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 06:02 PM
    Threads

too be honest, i cant stand them. most romance endings put me off of anime for at least 1 week. sorry but i dont understand how someone can be satisfied with an ending that leaves you with: so "random chic" didnt have the nerve to confess after all, so they all lived normally as if nothing ever happened. the end. so basically you watched the entire series to see what happens to the main couple, and then your left with them being exactly where they were from episode 1. not an ending in my book.

Member genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123 is a splendid one to behold genesic123's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2013 08:15 PM
    Threads

Most anime are adapted form manga.
    The main reason for not showing marriage and relationship in anime,in my opinion is that it would probably take too many episodes to reach that point,and to do it reasonably well.There is a limit to how many episodes an anime can get.Some do better cause they have more episodes.For example Clannad with its around fifty episodes was able to show enough moments for after marriage to go further than most romance anime,hence its popularity.

Senior Member Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Shuriken Systems PS3 Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2014 11:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Explorer Oak

Some that I really enjoyed that follows the relationship after they get together are
    -Clannad
    -Itazura na Kiss
    -Kimi ni Todoke
    -Nodame Cantabile
    -Kare Kano

Other good romances are
    -Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen (Better if you used to watch Rurouni Kenshin but it's not necessary)
    -Kimikiss Pure Rouge
    -Kaichou wa Maid Sama!
    -Toradora

And if you want harems
    -Love Hina
    -MM!
    -Nyan Koi!
    -Rosario to Vampire
    -Zero no Tsukaima

If it reaches that situation where you can't think of any anime to watch try to read some manga especially the lesser known ones. I always find some nice stories there
    Daaaamn, nice list. A for effort my man!
    Explorer Oak ~ Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's seed, that held its ground. Never give up!

15. Thanks Screwby thanked for this post
    Junior Member atonement is on a distinguished road atonement's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2012 08:20 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sm00zy View Post
    too be honest, i cant stand them. most romance endings put me off of anime for at least 1 week. sorry but i dont understand how someone can be satisfied with an ending that leaves you with: so "random chic" didnt have the nerve to confess after all, so they all lived normally as if nothing ever happened. the end. so basically you watched the entire series to see what happens to the main couple, and then your left with them being exactly where they were from episode 1. not an ending in my book.
    I totally agree. I don't necessary want to see marriage and a baby but the minimum is to see the couple together at the end.
    For that reason avoid Freezing and Rosario+Vampire. In general harem have very bad endings just like in the quote.

Senior Member xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts Eye
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2012 08:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by plumpuff View Post
    More romance anime need the couples to get married and have a baby.
    I'd seconds that... everyone loves' anew baby :3

Junior Member atonement is on a distinguished road atonement's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2012 08:20 AM
    Threads

-Clannad
    -Itazura na Kiss
    -Kimi ni Todoke
    -Nodame Cantabile
    -Kare Kano

Other good romances are
    -Kimikiss Pure Rouge
    -Kaichou wa Maid Sama!
    -Toradora

And if you want harems
    -Love Hina
    -MM!
    -Nyan Koi!
    -Rosario to Vampire
    -Zero no Tsukaima

Harems seem to have a bad ending. I have seen Rosario+Vampire both season. Love it, but hate the ending. To avoid spoiler PLEASE STOP READING cause I'm going to explain the ending. You have been warned.
    So, sorry but I couldn't spoile the action, but will say this:

Whe asked who he chooses he says he can't make up his mind... What ending is that? Why did he go through all that if he didn't know already? And honestly in real life girls would or should be offended and leave him.

Senior Member xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx is a splendid one to behold xMaTTx's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts Eye
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2012 08:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I just enjoy being romantic in general.
    Just saying

M@

20. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke, Screwby liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by atonement View Post
    Harems seem to have a bad ending. I have seen Rosario+Vampire both season. Love it, but hate the ending. To avoid spoiler PLEASE STOP READING cause I'm going to explain the ending. You have been warned.
    So, sorry but I couldn't spoile the action, but will say this:

Whe asked who he chooses he says he can't make up his mind... What ending is that? Why did he go through all that if he didn't know already? And honestly in real life girls would or should be offended and leave him.
    Totally agree, I can somewhat understand when they use it to make a series longer (though it annoys me) but when they close one off with the guy not deciding and just going down the harem ending, it leaves a sour taste (granted Rosario+Vampire is still an ongoing manga - which is one of the main offenders, they could at least added a non-canon ending just to provide closure).
    Senjougahara Fascination

Senior Member cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper is infamous around these parts cowtipper's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2013 11:40 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: opulant warrior

bleach has romantic sides to it. what kind of anime is that

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Never seen a shoujo anime yet but certainily agree that would be a much satisfying ending, I just hate that kind of ending that seem more like just a pause xD

Anyways, seeing more guis talking of romance animes definetely makes me even more interesting on them so thanks!

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

24. Thanks Screwby thanked for this post
    Likes Screwby liked this post
    Member BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2012 09:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I also hate when the ending is open-ended. You see the characters develop and grow and your rooting for characters to get together then the ending is just a flop.
    Last edited by BlackLotus; 07-15-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLotus View Post
    I also hate when the ending is open-ended. You see the characters develop and grow and your rooting for characters to get together then the ending is just a flop.
    Exactly, it just feels like... few, that there's something missing

Senior Member AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Systems N64 Hello Kitty Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2013 09:56 AM
    Threads

I feel that 95% of shoujo anime end after the confession. I still like shoujo but I feel if they followed the relationship after even if one extra chapter, it would make for a more satisfying ending.
    Yeah. It's just annoying when they do that it's like... Why? Why isn't there more?
    Kaichou wa Maid-Sama! ended with the kiss scene but if you've read the manga that's not even the confession scene.
    And Ouran's ending was unsatisfying to me and not like the manga so it made me a lil' mad lol
    Though, both are really good shoujo anime and I love them equally <3

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cowtipper View Post
    Bleach is a Shounen anime.
    Last edited by AshureeChan; 07-15-2012 at 01:43 PM.

|YouTube|Tumblr|MyAnimeList|HummingbirdAccount|

"Admiration does is in no way mean understanding."

28. Likes Screwby liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cowtipper View Post
    Bleach has very very few romantic sides
    Typical Shounen anime

Senior Member AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Luffy View Post
    Bleach has very very few romantic sides
    Typical Shounen anime
    I don't see Bleach as even slightly romantic lol

31. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AshureeChan View Post
    I don't see Bleach as even slightly romantic lol
    If 1% counts as slightly...
    Orihime => Ichigo, Ichigo & Rukia, Renji => Rukia

But just that few

Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Luffy View Post
    If 1% counts as slightly...
    Orihime => Ichigo, Ichigo & Rukia, Renji => Rukia

But just that few
    Yeah the Ichigo x Rukia thing is popular, I support that one. I don't like the Ichigo x Orihime because Orihime gets on my nerves lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information