Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
who does something ONLY because it's legal if they have no interest in it at all??
people who wanna smoke, smoke. they all ready do it, doesn't matter if it's legal or not. people who don't wanna smoke, don't smoke.
some people try it a few times, and decide it's not for them...pres Clinton anyone?
Lol. I never said everyone will start smoking it just because it's legal. However there ARE people who will. There are people that DO have an interest in it, but don't have access to it. If it were to become legal and readily available, then yes, more people would smoke it because guess what? It's legal and easier to come by. Of course, those that don't have an interest in it now will most likely never develop an interest whether it's legal or not.

check this out. make sure you at least watch from 1:50 to the end.

i'm not a huge ron paul fan, but i thought he nailed it here.
You do realize that I'm not an advocate to keep marijuana illegal, right? I specifically said that I would prefer if it were decriminalized. Although it's kinda ridiculous to say that regulating drugs could in turn cause the government to start regulating every aspect of our lives.

there you go stereo-typing again. we all know that intelligent people stay away from drugs, right?? only dumb people use drugs :P
Again, lol. I never said only stupid people use drugs. However, I'm quite sure that more people that smoke marijuana and other drugs are less likely to have PhDs. Or am I mistaken? Also, those that have more time on their hands as opposed to those who are already preoccupied with a busy job or a family are more likely to. Again, tell me if I'm wrong.

obviously we would have an age limit, just like we do with alcohol. it wouldn't be legal for a 13 year old to smoke it.
Yes of course there would be an age limit if it were legalized. That goes without saying. But there are ways around the restrictions. Don't tell me you've never met a minor that was capable of getting booze. It's the same way with weed, and it will be even if it's legalized.

I personally think it's funny how I asked for some sort of statistic, and instead I'm being argued with. Moreover you are putting words in my mouth. I would sincerely appreciate it if you stopped that.