AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question about funi stopping BR release of DBZ

Senior Member Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym's Avatar
    Gil
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2012 11:10 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pieRESURRECTED

Default question about funi stopping BR release of DBZ

if you haven't seen this, then take a look.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ray-production

my question is, does this include Kai??
    dbzkai, is "technically" different that dbz, so.......what do you think?
    is this only for dbz, or also kai??
    "If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia."

Senior Member Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics's Avatar
    Gil
    Volatile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2016 10:57 PM
    Threads

Default Re: question about funi stopping BR release of DBZ

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...blu-ray-titles

They actually announced, the day after the article you posted, that Kai volumes 1-4 would be discontinued, along with 3 other titles.

Senior Member Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym's Avatar
    Gil
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

well.....that sucks, but it still doesn't really answer my question.
    i know you could possibly assume that since vol#1-4 are being discontinued, they would not be making any more.......however, it's still not for sure.
    like maybe they will discontinue the single discs, but only make the sets with 26eps.

fact is, it sill says nothing about discontinuing dbzKai... only dbz.
    "If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia."

Senior Member Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics's Avatar
    Gil
    Volatile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2016 10:57 PM
    Threads

True, seems I was reading a little too much into it. My bad on that.

Gil
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

no, no problem at all. thx for taking the time to try and answer.
    actually, i'm the one probably getting tooo specific :P

i guess the question it really comes down to, is if funi considers dbz and dbzKAI to be the same thing.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

No, they're only suspending the Blu Ray releases of the original DBZ series; the same series they released in DVD season-sets ~4-5 years ago.

The specified that the problem was the cost of converting the series to Blu Ray frame-by-frame was too expensive for them to keep doing it while still selling the boxsets at a reasonable price. DBZ Kai is already produced in HD and doesn't need to be converted to Blu Ray (it actually had to be downscaled for DVD release).

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information