AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't Access AF with Internet Explorer

POLITE AND OCCASIONALLY ANGRY ABOUT STUFF Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2015 11:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Can't Access AF with Internet Explorer

Heya. Yesterday, I found out that IE is the only browser I had that could use Java. The hard way. AKA, installing and uninstalling about 3 different copies of Java to try and get onto chat with Chrome.

So, i'm resigned to the fact that I can only get onto chat with IE. there's one small problem though: I cannot get onto the site AT ALL with IE. If you're going to recommend Firefox, I've already tried it. If you're going to just suggest another browser, don't.

Is there some sort of problem with the site? Or is it just me?

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

sorry to double-post, but it turns out I can get onto AF itself using IE. The problem here is getting onto chat.

I'll install a new version of Java and see if that helps any.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Another update: Even with the newest Java update, IE can't access chat. Neither can Firefox, and Chrome allegedly cannot use Java. I cannot access chat, even with 3 separate browsers.

So can someone please tell me if it's just me or if it's the site? I like to think it's the site, but according to the page (which I can only access with Chrome), there are 11 people in chat. Not counting the bots, that's 5 people.

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Can't Access AF with Internet Explorer

It's your computer. AF works nicely. O_o;;
    I'd suggst to clear your cache in ALL browsers, delete all your cookies and reinstall Java from scratch. The normal Java installation works for all 3 browsers, just make sure you install java 32-bit if you are using 32-bit browsers and 64-bit if you are using 64-bit browsers. Doesn't matter if the operating system is 32 or 64-bit, just the browsers matter. BTW: If the OS is 32 bit, your browser is 32 bit also (common sense really, but still wanted to make sure).

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

>Internet Explorer

I see the problem.

4. Dislikes OminousCloud, Naughty Dog disliked this post
    POLITE AND OCCASIONALLY ANGRY ABOUT STUFF Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog has a reputation beyond repute Naughty Dog's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, I now have a working copy of Java. One that can run with Chrome, and presumably IE and FF just in case.

Thank you Flash, I found a 32-bit Java update and it works nice. I cleared IE's cache, but it didn't do anything. I decided to delete it, and reinstall.

So, uhh... problem solved. I can get onto chat, AF isn't dying and this thread didn't derail into anti-IE gibberish. It may have in due time, but it didn't. Thread Lock?

6. Likes Hanamaru Kunikida liked this post
    SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2023 03:50 PM
    Threads

You can have as many Java's installed as you want, it won't do you any good if the plugin isn't enabled in your browser.

Go to your control panel and pull up the Java control panel. See if it has any options for plugins related to Chrome or Firefox. Next, when you load chat in Chrome or Firefox it will prompt you to download the Java plugin if it isn't already present. Follow the prompts it offers to install browser-specific Java.

As for IE being unable to access chat, what is the error? Failed to initialize, cannot connect to animeforum.com:1950, or what?
    I am Jakiao - The Resident Dw33b / Forum & Chat Admin
    [ Our Rules | Site FAQ ]

Thinking about asking a question in Site Issues and Questions?
    Be sure to SEARCH FIRST before making a new thread. Chances are, someone already asked!

Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, IE would actually restart itself. You know the old "We recovered a tab that Internet Explorer was forced to close" speech bubble? that'd show up. And after 2 attempts, it'd give up.

It's alright. FF and Chrome are working with Java now, so I don't really need IE. Though I did uninstall and reinstall it... and now it isn't working at all. My problems never seem to end -_-

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information