AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battle of the Month January Phase 1 Results

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Battle of the Month January Phase 1 Results

Avi-Chan vs. Seung-li

Judge 1:
    Avi: I like the grungy style of this sig. The colors look good, and it makes the text pop nicely. I think the text is a little too close though, maybe adjust the kerning, so they're little easier to read (I had no idea what it said for a while). A quick sharpen over he face would've gone a long way as well, but it's still a nice solid entry.

Seung: I like the depth and colors you went with on this one. The text works well too, but I gotta say I'm not diggin' the rounded border. My only other problems with this one is that some parts feel a little too sharp, and the C4D (I think that's what it is?) on the right is a little sharp as well. A little blurring would've taken this to a whole new world.

Seung-li gets my vote.

Judge 2:
    Both of the girls don't seem to blend into their signature well, the first one is cluttered and the other one looks like they just added the render at the end, the border for the second one also looks like it was done in Photobucket, it doesn't look nice, at all, the border that is. The first one also has a typo, I have to go with the second one.

Judge 3:
    Avi-Chan
    This piece has some awesome blending. I think the effects compliment everything nicely. It seems a little crowded in front and empty in back, but overall not a bad balance. My biggest issue is the it's a bit hard to tell what the text says.

Seung-li
    Not your usual style, but I kind of like it. The background is amazingly done, but I would have liked to see some more blending to make things flow a bit better. "My World" seems to work out pretty well, but "create" doesn't fit at all.

I'll go with Avi-chan on this one.

Marudashi vs. Avido

Judge 1:
    Maru: I love this one. The text fits the whole sig nicely, and it sorta reminds me of a greeting card. The colors and low contrast sort of give it that hazy autumn sunset feel. from how it was executed and the concept of it, I think it couldn't have been done any better. Maybe lose/lower the drop shadow a bit, and you're gold.

Avido: Liking the text and the concept/challenge of two characters. Can't say I like the border too much (Mainly the right side), but it's not a big deal. I really appreciate how you managed to put two (three if you count text) potential focal points, but my eyes aren't scanning the whole thing for what to look at. Overall though, the only thing I dislike is that the characters contrast seems a bit overdone. Or it's over-sharpened, something like that. I love the colors you used as well as the smudging.

Marudashi gets my vote.

Judge 2:
    I will be basing this on the looks,the first one just looks like a photo edit, there's only a few effects. The second has a bit more work on it and looks better overall. Second wins.

Judge 3:
    Maru Dashi
    I feel a little disappointed because its not her usual works that are creative and artsy so to speak. This one feels like she added text and a border on an image. I must be wrong and I even hate saying that, but I would expect a little more from her in BOTM entry. I hoped she changed it. A good footnote is that the simplicity is nice, I believe simplicity is genuinely beautiful. Typography doesn't bother me at all, I just don't like how it's displayed for me like she can't think of anything, and I know she's better than that.

Avido
    I really really like this one. The colours are so bright and vibrant. And it fills my eyes, it's appealing, amazing. I think a vertical signature did pretty well for this work. I didn't like reading the type the other way, maybe it bugged you a little but it could of been worse as if you put it horizontally for type. It's outstanding and a very good job.*

My vote goes for Avido.

Takenoshin vs. illu

Judge 1:
    Takenoshi:
    I like where you were going with this one. For an only-anime-tag, you seemed to have gotten a good deal of depth out of it. However I feel like the background shapes don't contribute anything in particular to the sig. It seems to just be there. Also, the text isn't bad. I think a more fitting color would've made the sig pop more, but it's still okay from where it stands.

Illu:
    Favorite sig out of this batch. I love pretty much everything about this one; the colors, concept, lighting. It's all fantastic. Only suggestion I might make is the bottom text, "Flows Through", could've been set behind the headphones so as to give it a little more depth. AG.net got a little cut off too, but that's nothing big. Fantastic job though.

illu gets my vote.

Judge 2:
    The girl just looks wrong in that signature, they colour of the background could have been changed to something that suits her better so like a yellow-green would have works. Nnnngh That text, why is Lemon there? It's confusing, it also could have been moved somewhere else so it doesn't get singled out in the corner. Now for the second one, this one is better when it comes to looks but music? When was the theme changed to music? Flows through also looks like "Hows through", they should have added a space so you can clearly tell there is a difference. I don't know for this one, I guess I'll go with the first one.

Judge 3:
    Takenoshin
    I don't come across signatures like this one. I do say it's unique and its composition is very well balanced. However, I'm not a fan of the typography and font you used on it. It won't bring your point down if you'll ask me. Good job.

illu
    It's so dark and I don't like how your render seems so blurry to me to your signature. I think it should been a little more alive when you make your signature. I'm not a fan on the font you used in your type. It could been used by something that can go better with it. *Your flow in your signature is quite nice and I love it, wish there could be more done with it. Lastly, I don't like how animegalleries is placed randomly like that. It seems so last minute.

My vote goes for Takenoshin.

Xanfiore vs. Garzhvog

Judge 1:
    Xanfiore: I really like the font on this one. The blending isn't too bad, but their seems to be a light overlay that is really taking away from the signature. I like the dots, but the red isn't doing much for the sig

Garzhvog: I have to say, I really love this signature, it's beautifully done. The font and colors work well, and it's simple but not too simple. My only nay say about it is that the light in his mouth is a little too bright and the lights on the creature don't add much.

Garzhvog gets my vote.

Judge 2:
    The first signature is simple, maybe too simple, the thing I saw first was shine and not the girl. Their both important in a signature, the creator should have erased some of the effects that landed on the face. The second, I don't know, the text is just awkward. But overall it has better aesthetics then the first one, it looks like more work went into making it, the second one wins.

Judge 3:
    Xanfiore
    It's so bright and it's a busy busy signature. Don't get me wrong I find is pretty and all cute, but don't over do it with the texture, it ruins the natural beauty of the render you're using so it should stand out more than texture. I say the type is meh, but it's not my cup of tea. And nice job with the border, too. So there is some flavour in it.*

Garzhvog
    It's the opposite of Xanfiore, you have things in a good balance and it doesn't seem so cluttered. I love your focal point on your render, the colones are fantastic, and you moderate yourself on things you put on your signature. Wonderful wonderful type, it's a very well done signature.

My vote goes for Garzhvog.

Those who will be moving on to the next round:
    @Seung-li
    @Avido
    @Takenoshin
    @Garzhvog
    Last edited by Archaic Devices; 01-25-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Default Re: Battle of the Month January Phase 1 Results

FINALLY!
    Round 2 here I come!

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

I kinda feel like I need to defend my piece a little. The image was edited a lot to look like a sunset, and Im pretty sure the theme was freestyle, so Im not sure why the comment of "it doesnt fit a theme" was added. I wanted to do something different, something whimsical and mysterious, and I guess I bombed at it. I just dont want it to come off that I slapped text and a border on it and walked away, and Im a little insulted someone thinks I did

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

4. Likes .Tatty. liked this post
    Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Done in Photobucket? Ouch. xD No worries, I ended up laughing about it. Felt like a lemon juice splashed on my paper cut.

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I made it to the second round, it's a miracle??

Grats to everyone else!
    Last edited by Acnologia; 01-25-2012 at 09:06 PM.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Junior Member Takenoshin is on a distinguished road Takenoshin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2012 07:51 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Avido View Post
    I made it to the second round, it's a miracle??

Grats to everyone else!
    Haha. In my case, it's my first time here and I made it too... Haha!

Creative mind Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Panda's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2013 01:49 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

@MaruDashi 's definitely should've made it to the second round for many, many reasons.
    Not everything is black and white like that.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information