AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SOPA is stopped... for now...

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Default Re: SOPA is stopped... for now...

The political system in this world su.cks.
    Just becaus they`ve classified ACTA as a trade treaty it means the politicians can negortiate and sign it without even caring about the people in the country, that is so damn retarded.
    On a such an important bill as ACTA they should`ve let the people decide, not let big greedy corparation deicde it for the common guy.

Sign:
    https://www.accessnow.org/page/s/just-say-no-to-acta
    Copy/paste the info on that page:

"If you thought SOPA and PIPA were bad, let us introduce you to their Big Brother, ACTA.

The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, which has already been signed by several countries, poses a dangerous threat to the inherent freedom and openess of the Internet. Under ACTA, ISPs and websites will be given more power to track what we do online, while forcing them to turn over our information and reporting our activity to the authorities -- all in the name of copyright protection! While we respect the rights of creators, ACTA's ill-conceived provisions will have chilling effects on free speech everywhere.

The European Parliament still has to approve ACTA for it to go into effect around the world. If they vote NO, then ACTA will be effectively dismantled -- even in countries that have already signed it. We helped bring down SOPA and PIPA, now let's turn the fight to ACTA. Call on the EU Parliament to take a stand and vote “NO” on ACTA!

Dear Members of the European Parliament,
    ACTA will fundamentally destroy the openness of the Internet, lacks democratic credibility, and poses a serious threat to free speech that wrongly requires ISPs to surveil and police their users. We urge you to withhold consent on this agreement, and to stand up for democracy and the fundamental rights of everyone across the world."

Americans:
    The europeans helped you guys with SOPA and PIPA, now you got to help us with ACTA.
    And if the European Parlament rejects this bill, it`ll be removed from the law everywhere, which includes USA, Canada, Australia, Japan and South Korea.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx Tokai View Post
    Sadly its still not over. SOPA and PIPA may have been defeated but now ACTA is here.

A friend of mine passed this on to me. I'm sharing this with everyone. This is just a heads up but it's in the begining stages.

ACTA in a Nutshell –

What is ACTA? ACTA is the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement. A new intellectual property enforcement treaty being negotiated by the United States, the European Community, Switzerland, and Japan, with Australia, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Mexico, Jordan, Morocco, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, and Canada recently announcing that they will join in as well.

Why should you care about ACTA? Initial reports indicate that the treaty will have a very broad scope and will involve new tools targeting “Internet distribution and information technology.”

What is the goal of ACTA? Reportedly the goal is to create new legal standards of intellectual property enforcement, as well as increased international cooperation, an example of which would be an increase in information sharing between signatory countries’ law enforcement agencies.
    Canada, the US and Australia signed it in total secrecy 2 years ago.
    Becaus of the "trade treaty" thing it means that they can sign it without telling the people about.

2. Thanks SuXrys thanked for this post
    Likes SuXrys liked this post
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I signed it :|

I seriously think the govt. is getting afraid of the internet after all of the protest here and around the world.. Before stuff like this would happen but not much coverage on it would be leaked.. Now, thanks to the internet... THE WHOLE WORLD CAN SEE IT... And voice their opinion on it, and quite frankly they can't keep it hush hush now.. So they'll start small and work their way up...

Is my theory...
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 01-30-2012 at 09:42 AM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I signed it :|

I seriously think the govt. is getting afraid of the internet after all of the protest here and around the world.. Before stuff like this would happen but not much coverage on it would be leaked.. Now, thanks to the internet... THE WHOLE WORLD CAN SEE IT... And voice their opinion on it, and quite frankly they can't keep it hush hush now.. So they'll start small and work their way up...

Is my theory...
    Yeah, afraid of Wikileaks and Anon.
    Looking forward to seeing what Anon will do when ACTA passes. Unfortunatly thats very likely to happen, no matter how much we protest and sign petitions.
    A friend of mine on MAL wrote this in a chat when I said I hope the EU parlament rejects it:
    " they won't because it's basically needed to stay a trading partner with the US"
    That will most likely become correct in June.

Junior Member Lynx Tokai has a reputation beyond repute Lynx Tokai has a reputation beyond repute Lynx Tokai has a reputation beyond repute Lynx Tokai has a reputation beyond repute Lynx Tokai has a reputation beyond repute Lynx Tokai has a reputation beyond repute Lynx Tokai has a reputation beyond repute Lynx Tokai has a reputation beyond repute Lynx Tokai has a reputation beyond repute Lynx Tokai has a reputation beyond repute Lynx Tokai has a reputation beyond repute Lynx Tokai's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Apple
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-19-2012 03:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lynx Tokai

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    The political system in this world su.cks.
    Just becaus they`ve classified ACTA as a trade treaty it means the politicians can negortiate and sign it without even caring about the people in the country, that is so damn retarded.
    On a such an important bill as ACTA they should`ve let the people decide, not let big greedy corparation deicde it for the common guy.

Sign:
    https://www.accessnow.org/page/s/just-say-no-to-acta
    Copy/paste the info on that page:

"If you thought SOPA and PIPA were bad, let us introduce you to their Big Brother, ACTA.

The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, which has already been signed by several countries, poses a dangerous threat to the inherent freedom and openess of the Internet. Under ACTA, ISPs and websites will be given more power to track what we do online, while forcing them to turn over our information and reporting our activity to the authorities -- all in the name of copyright protection! While we respect the rights of creators, ACTA's ill-conceived provisions will have chilling effects on free speech everywhere.

The European Parliament still has to approve ACTA for it to go into effect around the world. If they vote NO, then ACTA will be effectively dismantled -- even in countries that have already signed it. We helped bring down SOPA and PIPA, now let's turn the fight to ACTA. Call on the EU Parliament to take a stand and vote “NO” on ACTA!

Dear Members of the European Parliament,
    ACTA will fundamentally destroy the openness of the Internet, lacks democratic credibility, and poses a serious threat to free speech that wrongly requires ISPs to surveil and police their users. We urge you to withhold consent on this agreement, and to stand up for democracy and the fundamental rights of everyone across the world."

Americans:
    The europeans helped you guys with SOPA and PIPA, now you got to help us with ACTA.
    And if the European Parlament rejects this bill, it`ll be removed from the law everywhere, which includes USA, Canada, Australia, Japan and South Korea.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Canada, the US and Australia signed it in total secrecy 2 years ago.
    Becaus of the "trade treaty" thing it means that they can sign it without telling the people about.

Honestly, I belive SOPA/PIPA were just a diversion while ACTA was passed on to and signed by others who agree. Hoping this would slip through the cracks unnoticed by us common folk. Sneaky politics and a cowards way. But surprise surprise, we found out and they are afraid of what happend to SOPA/PIPA will happen with ACTA. I HOPE it does!! And they wonder why people dispise the government.

Closed Thread

Thread Information