AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 44 of 44

Thread: Prejudice

  1. #26
    Member Random User is on a distinguished road Random User's Avatar
    Gil
    1,656.48
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2012 06:58 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Floating aimlessly somewhere
    Threads
    1
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Prejudice

    Guys I watch anime.

    That makes me a weaboo.

  2. #27
    GOTTA GO FAST
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    67,833,981,635.19
    Gender
    My Mood
    Where
    Gifts Hedgehog Hedgehog Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2014 06:59 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Court of Miracles
    Threads
    19
    Posts
    3,830
    AL Lyrics
    68
    Rep Power
    2171
    Gamer IDs

    XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123

    Default Re: Prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Light Moth View Post
    People always assume I speak Spanish, even though I do it bothers me, a lot. I always reply in English though, sometimes I say "me no speaky spanish" if I am in a bad mood.
    So, you look like you speak Spanish, and you do speak Spanish, but you get mad when people think you speak Spanish? That's like me walking into a Mexican restaurant and being mad if the employees assume I speak English. o_o

    A lot of people actually assume I speak Spanish or German though, oddly enough. I'll either reply "no habla Español" (hell, I'm not even sure if that's right), or "Mein Deutsch ist sehr schlecht" (because it's true, unfortunately). I haven't ran into many people who speak German though, apart from the old Austrian lady in our apartment complex. She's nice. She makes us lots of potato dumplings and Brötchen. ^__^

     
    I liek potatoes.



    PO-TAY-TOES.


    *cough* Anyway, I don't really remember the last time someone was prejudice against me. Maybe I just don't pay attention anymore? Probably. When I was a kid though, I was always bullied for being quiet, poor, studious, a bookworm, for being Mormon, and for gaming. Lol, we were all so stupid in grade school. Good times.

    Nowadays I really couldn't care less what people think about me. It's not like I exist for someone's entertainment or approval. :l

    In the words of a very wise and intelligent boy,

    "WATEVA, WATEVA, I do what I WANT."

    Yup.

    この壁の外の世界
                 一緒に見てみたい            
    いつか

  3. #28
    Robot Inflicted Jradow will become famous soon enough Jradow's Avatar
    Gil
    1,349.57
    Gender
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2012 12:42 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    19
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Prejudice

    All the time. However, I'm not ashamed of it. Prejudice is not something to 'work on'. It's human nature to judge. It's encrypted in our brain. You can't fix it, because it's not a problem.

    However, it's HOW you use it that ends up being an issue.

  4. #29
    Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    5,422.79
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    32
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,409
    Blog Entries
    304
    Rep Power
    6587

    Default Re: Prejudice

    Of course, I think everyone has been judged.

    As for me, I consider myself a pretty accepting person. I actually don't care unless you're a decent person.

    The truth is, we all care what people think, and it's important to an extent. However, it's a waste of time if you're too focused on what others think instead of what you think of yourself.

  5. #30
    Robot Inflicted Jradow will become famous soon enough Jradow's Avatar
    Gil
    1,349.57
    Gender
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2012 12:42 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    19
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Prejudice

    I also forgot to mention a few things. It's actually quite acceptable to judge. I judge girls who are promiscuous and loose, who are harlots and manipulate for self gain or attention.

  6. #31
    But Daaaaadd!!! Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop's Avatar
    Gil
    27,068.80
    Gender
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Gifts Be Mine Heart Art Tools
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-31-2012 11:00 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Le South. More specifically; Texas.
    Age
    24
    Threads
    111
    Posts
    2,332
    Blog Entries
    43
    Rep Power
    600
    Gamer IDs

    XFIRE ID: harmonypanda

    Default Re: Prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Jradow View Post
    I also forgot to mention a few things. It's actually quite acceptable to judge. I judge girls who are promiscuous and loose, who are harlots and manipulate for self gain or attention.
    You judge them but how do you KNOW they are like that? I know plenty of girls who dress like they are asking for the pedo bear to come knocking at their door but in fact they are straight A students who can get into any college they want. I don't think it's always good to judge people. You may think you are right about someone but there could be a whole different story to them. So don't judge on looks or what you hear about him. Thats how rumors start :3


    I've had a few times where people were prejudice against me. I'm like 99.9% Hispanic. About half of that is Mexican and like 1 percent is irish? Anyway so I look white because of my Spanish roots. So if I go to a Mexican restaurant people look at me like "Wdf is this white girl doing here?" Or if i'm with my family (who LOOK hispanic unlike me) They assume i'm not even related to them >.>

    Another thing also happened recently when I went to my sisters America's Got Talent audition. We were with her bfs family and my bf tagged along (he's white) And we all got in the elevator at the hotel and a white family walked by and stared at us. We told them there was room for more but they just stared at us like we were freaks.

    The next day we went to the state capital and looked around inside. A tour guide lady was talking to us and my bf told her how the security at AGT threw his knife away and she said "Oh! When you said knife I thought you were all some sort of gang!" She she laughed. Really lady? It's Texas, EVERYONE carries a knife.

    Well I think all that was more racist o___O Same thing I guess. It's still not cool to judge people when you see them. There is more to someone besides looks.

    Sig by ‎me.
    [Requests: Closed]


    Made by me!

    "See? We met again, like we promised."

  7. #32
    Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    5,422.79
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    32
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,409
    Blog Entries
    304
    Rep Power
    6587

    Default Re: Prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Jradow View Post
    I also forgot to mention a few things. It's actually quite acceptable to judge. I judge girls who are promiscuous and loose, who are harlots and manipulate for self gain or attention.
    Wow, congrats.

  8. #33
    Robot Inflicted Jradow will become famous soon enough Jradow's Avatar
    Gil
    1,349.57
    Gender
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2012 12:42 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    19
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Harley Quinn View Post
    You judge them but how do you KNOW they are like that? I know plenty of girls who dress like they are asking for the pedo bear to come knocking at their door but in fact they are straight A students who can get into any college they want. I don't think it's always good to judge people. You may think you are right about someone but there could be a whole different story to them. So don't judge on looks or what you hear about him. Thats how rumors start :3


    I've had a few times where people were prejudice against me. I'm like 99.9% Hispanic. About half of that is Mexican and like 1 percent is irish? Anyway so I look white because of my Spanish roots. So if I go to a Mexican restaurant people look at me like "Wdf is this white girl doing here?" Or if i'm with my family (who LOOK hispanic unlike me) They assume i'm not even related to them >.>

    Another thing also happened recently when I went to my sisters America's Got Talent audition. We were with her bfs family and my bf tagged along (he's white) And we all got in the elevator at the hotel and a white family walked by and stared at us. We told them there was room for more but they just stared at us like we were freaks.

    The next day we went to the state capital and looked around inside. A tour guide lady was talking to us and my bf told her how the security at AGT threw his knife away and she said "Oh! When you said knife I thought you were all some sort of gang!" She she laughed. Really lady? It's Texas, EVERYONE carries a knife.

    Well I think all that was more racist o___O Same thing I guess. It's still not cool to judge people when you see them. There is more to someone besides looks.
    If a girl acts like a harlot, dresses like one, talks like one, it's obvious they are one. I have judged many, and I have always been correct.

  9. #34
    Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    5,422.79
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    32
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,409
    Blog Entries
    304
    Rep Power
    6587

    Default Re: Prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Jradow View Post
    If a girl acts like a harlot, dresses like one, talks like one, it's obvious they are one. I have judged many, and I have always been correct.
    Your gender says male, but your avatar is otherwise. So either you're an overly judgmental guy who looks at women based on how they dress and separates them into "prudes and whores", or you're an overly judgmental woman who looks at women and hates them based on some sort of envy.

    Everyone judges to an extent, but really, the "she looks one way so she must be one way" thing doesn't jive. Those are some nice fallacies you got going there.

    Edit: Nice avatar change. I was going to ask why you looked at women and judged them for dressing a certain way when you clearly have a well-endowed woman in your signature (or did, unless you decide to change that, too.)
    Last edited by Miss Electric Moonlight; 01-27-2012 at 12:23 AM.

  10. #35
    Senior Member Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel's Avatar
    Gil
    13,249.73
    Gender
    Gifts Coffee Cookie Leopard
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2012 11:25 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada, eh?
    Threads
    2
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    149

    Default Re: Prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Jradow View Post
    If a girl acts like a harlot, dresses like one, talks like one, it's obvious they are one. I have judged many, and I have always been correct.
    That's just completely stupid. The whole if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and acts like a duck, it must be a duck logic is total bull, and a ton of the time isn't even correct. Humans are too complex/varied for that logic *shrug*

  11. Thanks Miss Electric Moonlight thanked for this post
    Likes Miss Electric Moonlight liked this post
  12. #36
    Robot Inflicted Jradow will become famous soon enough Jradow's Avatar
    Gil
    1,349.57
    Gender
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2012 12:42 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    19
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    Your gender says male, but your avatar is otherwise. So either you're an overly judgmental guy who looks at women based on how they dress and separates them into "prudes and whores", or you're an overly judgmental woman who looks at women and hates them based on some sort of envy.

    Everyone judges to an extent, but really, the "she looks one way so she must be one way" thing doesn't jive. Those are some nice fallacies you got going there.
    As I said once again, if a girl looks, acts, talks like a harlot, then she is one. This is cold stone fact. No skin off my nose whether you like this or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saeriel View Post
    That's just completely stupid. The whole if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and acts like a duck, it must be a duck logic is total bull, and a ton of the time isn't even correct. Humans are too complex/varied for that logic *shrug*
    You're obviously stupid yourself. Are you saying if someone was dressed in a harlot manner, they aren't one? What are they doing then, simply dressing and acting like one for the sport of it? They dress like that for the attention. They WANT people to find them attractive and they WANT to be WANTED. You have had no experiences with women such as these.
    Last edited by Jradow; 01-27-2012 at 12:28 AM.

  13. Dislikes RyuTama, Miss Electric Moonlight disliked this post
  14. #37
    Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    5,422.79
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    32
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,409
    Blog Entries
    304
    Rep Power
    6587

    Default Re: Prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Jradow View Post
    As I said once again, if a girl looks, acts, talks like a harlot, then she is one. This is cold stone fact. No skin off my nose whether you like this or not.
    Before I call trolololo (based on the fact there is no coherent logic being used here, just repeated statements, with no attempt to back-up or explain them);

    I want to again point out the hilarity and hypocrisy of the fact you have a woman showing an ample amount of cleavage in your signature ... for what reason? probably because you enjoy how it looks.

    However ... you dismiss women who dress this way as "harlots" so ... you obviously like "harlots" dress, but you also dislike them. I'm no Freud, but ... lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jradow
    You're obviously stupid yourself. Are you saying if someone was dressed in a harlot manner, they aren't one? What are they doing then, simply dressing and acting like one for the sport of it? They dress like that for the attention. They WANT people to find them attractive and they WANT to be WANTED. You have had no experiences with women such as these.
    It may come as a revolutionary concept to you, but some women dress a certain way because they like it. Obviously if all you've been dating are women who dress this way ... what would that say about you?

    I'm being kind and engaging you because I want to give you the benefit of the doubt. You're welcome.
    Last edited by Miss Electric Moonlight; 01-27-2012 at 12:37 AM.

  15. Likes Bubblegum Pop liked this post
  16. #38
    Senior Member Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel has a reputation beyond repute Saeriel's Avatar
    Gil
    13,249.73
    Gender
    Gifts Coffee Cookie Leopard
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2012 11:25 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada, eh?
    Threads
    2
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    149

    Default Re: Prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Jradow View Post
    You're obviously stupid yourself. Are you saying if someone was dressed in a harlot manner, they aren't one? What are they doing then, simply dressing and acting like one for the sport of it? They dress like that for the attention. They WANT people to find them attractive and they WANT to be WANTED. You have had no experiences with women such as these.
    That is exactly what I am saying - though not as a rule; I have met true 'harlots' however there are many reasons for people to behave in the ways they do and it isn't black and white. Does this logic pass over to other stereotypes? Also, a harlot is a prostitute or a promiscuous woman; wanting to be attractive does not necessarily make one a harlot, and a persons idea of beauty varies and is effected by society. I have known people, personally, who upon first sight I would have considered a 'harlot' however from knowing them, I recognized that as false.

    Making assumptions, providing opinions with no real arguments behind them, and attacking those offering differing opinions ^^ I'm starting to think this isn't worth my time to argue, at least with you :3

  17. #39
    Robot Inflicted Jradow will become famous soon enough Jradow's Avatar
    Gil
    1,349.57
    Gender
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2012 12:42 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    19
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    Before I call trolololo (based on the fact there is no coherent logic being used here, just repeated statements, with no attempt to back-up or explain them);

    I want to again point out the hilarity and hypocrisy of the fact you have a woman showing an ample amount of cleavage in your signature ... for what reason? probably because you enjoy how it looks.

    However ... you dismiss women who dress this way as "harlots" so ... you obviously like "harlots" dress, but you also dislike them. I'm no Freud, but ... lol.
    It's called a tank top. Harlots don't dress in 'tank tops.' I lol'd.

  18. Dislikes Miss Electric Moonlight disliked this post
  19. #40
    Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    5,422.79
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    32
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,409
    Blog Entries
    304
    Rep Power
    6587

    Default Re: Prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Jradow View Post
    It's called a tank top. Harlots don't dress in 'tank tops.' I lol'd.
    In the midst of your "lol"ing though, you managed to ignore most of my questions.

    Jradow seems to think that the way a woman dresses equates to a profession she must have. So, effectively, he's stating that women who dress a certain revealing way, by his own standards, might be prostitutes or promiscuous women. True, some of them might be, but why does this bother him so?

    ... I wonder where you spend most of your time, Jradow.

  20. #41
    Robot Inflicted Jradow will become famous soon enough Jradow's Avatar
    Gil
    1,349.57
    Gender
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2012 12:42 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    19
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Saeriel View Post
    That is exactly what I am saying - though not as a rule; I have met true 'harlots' however there are many reasons for people to behave in the ways they do and it isn't black and white. Does this logic pass over to other stereotypes? Also, a harlot is a prostitute or a promiscuous woman; wanting to be attractive does not necessarily make one a harlot, and a persons idea of beauty varies and is effected by society. I have known people, personally, who upon first sight I would have considered a 'harlot' however from knowing them, I recognized that as false.

    Making assumptions, providing opinions with no real arguments behind them, and attacking those offering differing opinions ^^ I'm starting to think this isn't worth my time to argue, at least with you :3
    You're an idiot. I can't explain how much of an idiot you are. Is it not true that sluts dress like sluts to get attention? Why would they dress like one if they aren't? If someone wasn't a {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted}, they would be dressing in more 'classy' clothing and can STILL make themselves look attractive. That's acceptable, sure. I'm talking about women who dress like SLUTS, who dress trashy with ripped gaping holes on their tight pants, dressing in booty shorts in public places, are SLUTS. That's it. There is no "Oh, you don't know them so you can't say anything." No, there is none of that. It's obvious. Why would a girl dress like a {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted} if they aren't one then? Sounds stupid.
    Last edited by Jradow; 01-27-2012 at 12:45 AM.

  21. #42
    Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    5,422.79
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    32
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,409
    Blog Entries
    304
    Rep Power
    6587

    Default Re: Prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Jradow View Post
    You're an idiot. I can't explain how much of an idiot you are. Is it not true that sluts dress like sluts to get attention? Why would they dress like one if they aren't? If someone wasn't a {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted}, they would be dressing in more 'classy' clothing and can STILL make themselves look attractive. That's acceptable, sure. I'm talking about women who dress like SLUTS, who dress trashy with ripped gaping holes on their tight pants, dressing in booty shorts in public places, are SLUTS. That's it. There is no "Oh, you don't know them so you can't say anything." No, there is none of that. It's obvious. Why would a girl dress like a {word meaning one who engages in sexual acts for financial compensation has been redacted} if they aren't one then? Sounds stupid.
    Picking up women at strip clubs isn't the way to long lasting, meaningful relationships, Jradow. Try libraries instead.

    Either way, someday your interactions with women are going to have to go far beyond your mother, your grandmother, and that one female camp counselor who molested you when you were twelve.
    Last edited by Miss Electric Moonlight; 01-27-2012 at 12:47 AM.

  22. Thanks RyuTama thanked for this post
    Likes Saeriel liked this post
  23. #43
    Thrust through the heavens with your spirit!! Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta's Avatar
    Gil
    172,091.80
    Gender
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Gifts Flamingo Cake Lie
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2012 04:48 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Age
    20
    Threads
    23
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    172

    Default Re: Prejudice

    Having a birthmark on your face is quite interesting, because you filter out a lot of people who aren't scared to talk to people with abnormal appearances.

    Having a birthmark isn't TOTALLY abnormal, but it shoos people off sometimes.

    Judging people is a human instinct, we do it naturally. Do I think that's an excuse? No. Do I think its a bad thing? No.

    Just because I look at someone and I initially say: "That person looks like a (insert here)." Doesn't mean I have to treat them based on my judgement. I treat them based on their actions.

  24. #44
    Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    305,306.17
    Gender
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 10:37 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dapto, Australia
    Age
    24
    Threads
    13
    Posts
    799
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    10757

    Default Re: Prejudice

    Yeah, 6'3", broad shouldered with a thuggish appearance, I cop prejudice all the time. Most assume I'm a violent person, but I actually advocate peaceful solutions where possible. Some also underestimate my intellect based on one of my eye brows being a little lower from a past incident - that can come in handy on occasion though, it leads to some easier RL trolling. Apply for jobs, and most seem intimidated by me, but those in heavier industries like construction and security often want me without even doing a proper interview. Those who get to know me often described me along the lines of 'gentle giant'. I generally am gentle and laid back, but it's true my figure allows me to easily deal out and take damage if required, which definitely has come in handy a fair few times.

    Am I prejudiced? Yeah. Lock me in a room with a Neo-Nazi and there will be problems. Plus people thinking the worst about me means I greatly prefer the company of others who suffer crap from others often, be they someone associated with criminals despite being legit, heavy body mod spotters, users of drugs that don't make the user completely nuts, ex-cons who strike me as making the effort to change, homeless people I talk to on my site etc. Many of them are great people and some have some bloody good stories.
    victoria aut mors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Prejudice/Racism/Fear -- is the fire beyond our control?
    By Lucidian Dyne in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 01:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts