AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: :) Jacob's Art...Comments welcome.

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2015 05:42 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuForever:2688046
    OMG that is soo awesome! Very, very neat and nice you should teach me how to draw
    Really? You think so...*blush*...I've always thought the worst of my artwork. Any one in particular that you liked the most?

Senior Member モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫 has a reputation beyond repute モノクロ猫's Avatar
    Gil
    Wasted
    Gifts Ouran Patch Baka Death Note
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2013 06:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: otakuforever

Default Re: :) Jacob's Art...Comments welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
    Really? You think so...*blush*...I've always thought the worst of my artwork. Any one in particular that you liked the most?
    Aww you shouldn't think that way! You're a really good drawer! Actually all of them are good! They all have alot of detail which I love! I especially love the Konata one. I just love how you drew her hair!

Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuForever:2688205
    Aww you shouldn't think that way! You're a really good drawer! Actually all of them are good! They all have alot of detail which I love! I especially love the Konata one. I just love how you drew her hair!
    *hugz*

Member Kankiti Shunan has a reputation beyond repute Kankiti Shunan has a reputation beyond repute Kankiti Shunan has a reputation beyond repute Kankiti Shunan has a reputation beyond repute Kankiti Shunan has a reputation beyond repute Kankiti Shunan has a reputation beyond repute Kankiti Shunan has a reputation beyond repute Kankiti Shunan has a reputation beyond repute Kankiti Shunan has a reputation beyond repute Kankiti Shunan has a reputation beyond repute Kankiti Shunan has a reputation beyond repute Kankiti Shunan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2012 08:37 AM
    Threads

I think you have good skills at drawing and coloring with digital art (not my case). You have done pretty well with the brights (as in the Konata drawing) even though in first drawings you used to draw the bottom of the legs too skinny, the anime angel has her foot drew weirdly (you should search for feet pictures on the internet) and the anime singer has her eyes to distant between each other (even though I like the coloring in this one).
    In the other drawings you've been posting I believe you have shown improvement in the legs problem, the art style seemed to become more natural (not as much contrast between manga and comic styles) and also with the facial expressions.

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@Kankiti Shunan
    In the other drawings you've been posting I believe you have shown improvement in the legs problem, the art style seemed to become more natural (not as much contrast between manga and comic styles) and also with the facial expressions.
    Thanks so much for the honest feedback, I really appreciate it. And a lot of the work posted were drawn a long time ago. So there are going to be many errors, lol. Plus, that you can see an improvement in my drawing really helps my confidence. Especially in the style, I've tried to combine both styles to make it more natural.

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Deleted
    Last edited by Jacob's Ladder; 07-16-2012 at 11:03 PM.

7. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wow, that is really nice, @Jacob's Ladder , great work, thanks for sharing it, you're surely talented, keep on with it!!

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Member sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc has a brilliant future sarahc's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2012 07:46 AM
    Threads

Here are a few more sketches of Reina. I've really started liking these little facial drawings. Doesn't a lot, and the bio-armor will be a real challenge. I have loved Bubblegum Crisis, and Priss' helmet is very recognizable and adding an organic look to it is just awesome.
    I also like, I like the bottom right one, where she looks angry, nice detail

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Luffy:2689679
    Wow, that is really nice, @Jacob's Ladder , great work, thanks for sharing it, you're surely talented, keep on with it!!
    Thanks a lot Luffy...I really appreciate the encouragement. Im really trying to get better with face proportions and expressions.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahc:2689687
    I also like, I like the bottom right one, where she looks angry, nice detail
    I like one too..and that one was the hardest to do. Did you like anything else? It looks like you trying to say something but didn't. Lol

11. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Thanks a lot Luffy...I really appreciate the encouragement. Im really trying to get better with face proportions and expressions
    Well, you're welcome, as soon as I'm not flattering you but rather say what I think of your art you got nothing to thank for

Or else, you do, improve as you say and keep posting more of your drawings!

I really suck at drawing or at any manual works (snif snif) and I really value art (almost any kind), drawings and paintings are at the top of it, and seeing all that people with huge drawings on AF really makes me happy for you talent

Just don't stop doing it, if it enjoys you! Take care!

Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

@Jacob's Ladder This is just awesome...I love the one on the third from the left! I'm jealous that you can draw hands.
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Thefringedninja:2690217
    @Jacob's Ladder This is just awesome...I love the one on the third from the left! I'm jealous that you can draw hands.
    Thank you so much! So you liked Kayla..she was fun to draw but a pain as well. Her bioskin is so detailed that it forever to get the look right. lol. And hands are a sore subject with me...actually any part of the body is...*sigh*...I just lucked out. I hope that wasn't the only one you liked?

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Luffy:2689719
    Thanks a lot Luffy...I really appreciate the encouragement. Im really trying to get better with face proportions and expressions
    Well, you're welcome, as soon as I'm not flattering you but rather say what I think of your art you got nothing to thank for

Or else, you do, improve as you say and keep posting more of your drawings!

I really suck at drawing or at any manual works (snif snif) and I really value art (almost any kind), drawings and paintings are at the top of it, and seeing all that people with huge drawings on AF really makes me happy for you talent

Just don't stop doing it, if it enjoys you! Take care!
    No one really sucks at drawing, to be honest. It's just a matter of practicing as much as possible...and putting in the effort. Don't knock yourself so hard like that Luffy, you're probably better than you give yourself credit for. Just keep drawing, I tell a lot of people this too...don't be afraid to use references to help you.

Member nightAme is on a distinguished road nightAme's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Rageface Jade Disc
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2012 03:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info vBActivity Stats
    Threads

What in the world are you so nervous about? Your art is spectacular! Yes, some things could use a little tweaking (for example, the part in Usagi's hair could be aligned a little better) BUT, I would say you have some high-ranking art pieces here! I'm glad to meet such great artists on this site, because it gives me the motivation to try, try, try harder! I want to be able to draw better quality work.

16. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No one really sucks at drawing, to be honest. It's just a matter of practicing as much as possible...and putting in the effort. Don't knock yourself so hard like that Luffy, you're probably better than you give yourself credit for. Just keep drawing, I tell a lot of people this too...don't be afraid to use references to help you.
    Thanks a million for the support, you're very kind
    But still, I think I'm really bad at drawing, no talent at all for me since I was a kid holding a pencil for the first time :P

I'm sure I'd eventually get a bit better with pratcise and putting my efforts on it, as it's supposed to happen with everything else, but I'm almost 100% sure I'll never reach a level of "very good" or even "good", but again tks for the encouraging words!

Maybe sometime I post something therefore giving you the opportunity to laugh and make fun of my art ah ah xD jk

@nightAme that's a great thing about AF, it's FULL of huge talented drawers, I could name about 15 already, which is, as you said, great for motivating other people to improve their drawings!

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by nightAme:2691308
    What in the world are you so nervous about? Your art is spectacular! Yes, some things could use a little tweaking (for example, the part in Usagi's hair could be aligned a little better) BUT, I would say you have some high-ranking art pieces here! I'm glad to meet such great artists on this site, because it gives me the motivation to try, try, try harder! I want to be able to draw better quality work.
    Nervous because you have done something in manga. I've only done character design, different facial sketchings. "High ranking art", you sure you're looking at the right thread?

Member nightAme is on a distinguished road nightAme's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Rageface Jade Disc
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2012 03:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Nervous because you have done something in manga. I've only done character design, different facial sketchings. "High ranking art", you sure you're looking at the right thread?
    My manga is all my own. Nothing good; just practice. I have my own style, which I'd like to evolve. I haven't picked it up in a year or so, though. (Have you seen my avatar? I like it, but it pales in comparison to your artwork and a lot of others here.) I have to make a commitment to myself to get back on track with this ^_^

And take the compliment, you deserve it!

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Luffy:2691337
    Thanks a million for the support, you're very kind
    But still, I think I'm really bad at drawing, no talent at all for me since I was a kid holding a pencil for the first time :P

I'm sure I'd eventually get a bit better with pratcise and putting my efforts on it, as it's supposed to happen with everything else, but I'm almost 100% sure I'll never reach a level of "very good" or even "good", but again tks for the encouraging words!

Maybe sometime I post something therefore giving you the opportunity to laugh and make fun of my art ah ah xD jk
    First off, I don't laugh at people's art...no matter how bad it is. Second we are here to help others get better, even though my stuff is crap. lol

21. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke, nightAme liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

First off, I don't laugh at people's art...no matter how bad it is. Second we are here to help others get better, even though my stuff is crap. lol
    I guess you didn't, just trying you out :P
    And btw you're really nice, thanks a lot for those kinds words, even though it'll be hard to help a guy that can't barelly draw a circle xD

And your stuff is definetely NOT crap, keep improving

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by nightAme:2691406
    My manga is all my own. Nothing good; just practice. I have my own style, which I'd like to evolve. I haven't picked it up in a year or so, though. (Have you seen my avatar? I like it, but it pales in comparison to your artwork and a lot of others here.) I have to make a commitment to myself to get back on track with this ^_^

And take the compliment, you deserve it!
    Have you read some of my posts on here? I am my own worst critic...I'll take the compliment, but don't feel I deserve it. ha. And I like your avatar...though a little hard to see as its small. Which post did you like most, if I may ask?

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Jacob's Ladder , the problem sometimes is that we are our own criticis (in all areas), just believe that we're not all wrong about your drawings and that you're really tallented and will even get better by practise

Click image for larger version

Name:	believe-in-yourself-22-jpg3fw3d40026h3d400.jpeg
Views:	304
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	64146

25. Likes nightAme liked this post
    Member Rzion is on a distinguished road Rzion's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2013 09:52 PM
    Threads

Wow. I wasnt sure which sketch you were telling me I should check out, but it doesn't matter, because they're all looking excellent! (I'm assuming this newest one? ^_^) I really like it. Keep up the good work!

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Rzion:2692316
    Wow. I wasnt sure which sketch you were telling me I should check out, but it doesn't matter, because they're all looking excellent! (I'm assuming this newest one? ^_^) I really like it. Keep up the good work!
    The newest posts are the 16 little facial sketches and the little drawing with 2 of my characters. Lol. Sheesh...16...that's the most I've done in a 2 week time period. And thanks so much, I hope you like them..or one or 2 of them. .

Gil
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Thanks goes out to @sarahc for pushing me into this one! . We were joking around about what if Clare, from the anime "Claymore" were a super heroine, so I mentioned "Spider-Clare". The hunting stalker of villains in the night. I have to give thanks to The Graphics Factory.com for the awesome spider design. The moon in the background was the hardest part of the drawing to do, but I love how I was able to include her "crest" in the spider emblem. Im sorry but she looks totally hot...lol. I hope you like it, wanted to color it...but Im afraid Id mess it up. I think her name should be "The Claymore Spider"...as in the anime her beast form is spider like.
    Last edited by Jacob's Ladder; 07-09-2012 at 09:44 PM.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cowboy Hat Mario Chain Chomp Venus Star Wand Top
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2013 07:51 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

"The Claymore Spider" has a really nice ring! I know what you mean by be afraid to color it! I've personally butchered a few good pictures because I colored lipstick in a really horrible way.

The moon looks so awesome, by the way. My idea of a moon is a circle with random circles inside of it ^^;; It'd be pretty easy to catch male villians in that skin-tight outfit, wouldn't it? XD

But I really love this picture! I still have to take pictures of my pictures, but I've definitely gained a whole lot more confidence in them now~

Speaking of which, I'll upload some pictures I drew when I was 10. You want to see bad artwork xD?
    Last edited by nanashipiero; 07-10-2012 at 06:23 AM.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well done, I don't know the original character as I've not started with Claymore yet but I like the drawing pretty much

The head is nice and so is the hair, just the top of the head seems a bit strange.
    Also the hands and the suit itself look pretty good, so as the moon.
    I think the hip is the least good thing.

You should colour it, thanks for sharing and keep drawing!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information