AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can you guys recommend some anime?

Junior Member imaloserkid247 is on a distinguished road imaloserkid247's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2012 10:03 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Valient Thorr

Default Can you guys recommend some anime?

Hello all,

I am hoping that you all may be able to recommend some new anime that I may like. I will go ahead and let you know I am pretty picky when it comes to anime. I think the easiest way to help you guys understand is to list some of my favorite and least favorite anime. I really would appreciate some good recommendations. I love anime, but I just don't have time to sift through things on my own anymore. Finally, please don't be offended and feel the need to defend animes I say I don't like. It is nothing personal, just my taste and opinion. So here we go:

Favorite:
    1) Fullmetal Alchemist - FMA is my favorite anime of all time. To put it simply, amazing story, amazing character development, and an appropriate amount of action. I love the original series and I am currently watching Brotherhood. I am about halfway through Brotherhood and I love it, but don't have save the same fondness as I did for the original series. I feel like they did a better job with character development and making you feel connected to the characters in the original series.

2) Samurai X and Rurouni Kenshin - My reason for loving this is much the same as FMA, amazing story, amazing character development, and an appropriate amount of action.

3) Gantz - A wonderfully original story. It's story moves at a good pace, they develop the characters, and great action.

4) Samurai 7 - Beautiful story, wonderful characters and development, great action, and awesome art.

5) Samurai Champloo - A fun story and interesting characters, that can become serious when it needs to be.

6) Basilisk - Great story, action and characters.

7) Hellsing Ultimate - This series is awesome and everything the original series should be. The original series was far too slow. It had a habit of rambling and the ending was garbage.

8) Berserk - This anime has a lot of characteristic that would make me dislike most anime (it is slow and tends to ramble), but I think the amazing character development and cool action scenes made up for it. It is too bad the series lost funding when it did. I have been hoping for a remake for a while.

9) Afro Samurai - Cool original anime that puts old Japanese themes to use.

10) Read or Die - Amazing story and very original.

11) Code Geass - This series can be a little campy, but I really like the characters and overall story. I just finished the first season of this anime and really enjoyed it.

12) Pokemon - Okay, hear me out on this one. I loved it as a kid, but as I grew up I still find myself loving the premise and the video games. I would love to see this developed into a darker series. The premise is why I listed it.

13) Ninja Scroll - Need I really say more?

Least Favorite:
    1) Trigun - I appreciate how important this anime was at the time of its release, but I feel like the story was drawn out. Every episode dedicated itself to Vash hiding his identity and the last 5 or 10 minutes were actually dedicated to story.

2) Neon Genesis Evangelion - My reason for not liking this is much the same as Trigun. It rambles and nothing happens until the last few minutes of the episode.

3) FLCL (Fooly Cooly) - I don't like the voice acting, the story is slow and overall just does not make any sense. I don't like things that are weird for the sake of being weird.

4) Dragonball Z - Awesome premise, but rambles and is far too drawn out.

5) Inu Yasha - This series was awesome until Inu Yasha developed the ability to use the Windscar. After that he raped anything. Much like many of the other animes I have listed as not liking, it is soooo drawn out.

6) Naruto - I tried watching it and it was just a little too kiddy and goofy for me. It seems like an awesome premise, but just too kiddy. I do hear Natuto Shippuden is awesome, though. Would I understand Shippuden if I don't watch the original series?

7) Bleach - I will admit I have never watched this anime from the beginning, but the bits and pieces I have seen seem to have the same flaws as DBZ, Inu Yasha, and Naruto. Bleach seems like it is really drawn out and kind of kiddy/goofy. Am I wrong?

8) Blood Brothers - I watched this and it just didn't do it for me. No reason, just didn't care for it.

Okay, I am going to wrap this up. If you have read this far, I thank you and I apologize for the length. I am sure I have left a ton of stuff out I will kick myself for not listing it later. I would like to do one more quick list of stuff I have and plan to watch. These are animes that are either considered classics that I have never seen, I have read good reviews, or heard friends talk about them. Feel free to comment on these as well.

Plan to watch:

1) Soul Eater

2) Elfen Lied

3) Howl's Moving Castle

4) Jin Roh

5) Kiki's Delivery Service

6) Laputa - Castle in the Sky

7) My Neighbour Totoro

8) Nausicaa Valley of the Wind

9) Shingurui - Death Frenzy

10) Spirited Away

11) Blood the Last Vampire

12) Sword of the Stranger

13)Origin: Spirits of the Past

14) Eden of the East (IF I CAN FIND IT!!!)

Thanks again for reading. I truly appreciate it and look forward to the recommendations.

Senior Member mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple has a reputation beyond repute mrpineapple's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Radish Clannad Botan Yellow Orb
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2013 12:53 AM
    Threads

I have't seen it myself but you might like Cowboy Bebop. I think it's got a similar feel to Samurai Champloo.

Not sure though. Give it a look/google anyways, worth a shot

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Can you guys recommend some anime?

Darker than Black - I like the setting for this anime and Yin's development during the series is amazing.
    Baccano!! - You might be confused in the first 2 episodes but this is a really good anime. It's unbelievable how they manage to get you to know all of the characters in such a short time when there is a massive cast.
    Durarara! - Same creators as Baccano!!, I like the story and there are some nice twists to the characters.
    Kara no Kyoukai - Awesome story, battles and graphics. Probably the one I recommend the most for you to watch.

In regards to Naruto, I believe the series does pick up the pace during Shippuden and I don't remember how it was near the middle but the current arc right now is the very definition of drawn out. If you want to just skip to Shippuden just read the manga till the Shippuden part as you can go through it much faster and will get some necessary character backstories.
    I also agree with you on Bleach, DBZ and Inu Yasha. Most of these already long shounen do eventually try to make the plot longer ($$$). The last year of Bleach was possible to have been written in 10 chapters tops instead of the ~45.
    Senjougahara Fascination

4. Likes TheThunderBringer liked this post
    Senior Member AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Gir Penguin Death Note
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-04-2016 06:58 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: AnimeFrost

I just started this anime but its pretty good so far try Beelzebub

Junior Member Mizuki-sama is on a distinguished road Mizuki-sama's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2012 10:20 PM
    Threads

I higly recommened Grave of the fireFlies, its about two japanse kids who are strugling to surivive in japan near the end of world war 2 after their mother died, they move in with their aunt but then leave to live in a abandoned bomb shelter after she begins to treat them badly. It in my opion it is the best moive made by Studio Ghibli.

Death note is also really good

7. Likes LadySaphiraShijinuske liked this post
    Member macedadon has a reputation beyond repute macedadon has a reputation beyond repute macedadon has a reputation beyond repute macedadon has a reputation beyond repute macedadon has a reputation beyond repute macedadon has a reputation beyond repute macedadon has a reputation beyond repute macedadon has a reputation beyond repute macedadon has a reputation beyond repute macedadon has a reputation beyond repute macedadon has a reputation beyond repute macedadon's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2013 09:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D3F 8R1NG3R PSN ID: Massacre-Mace

Hajime no ippo - great character development.
    Nuff Said.

Senior Member Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage has a reputation beyond repute Ryuu No Kage's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Cake Lie
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2012 11:26 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: ehrenk

Give Fairy tail A try and blood+ I also recommend you try death note and if you liked death note watch code geass

Hope. I helped

Member mangeassshajigan is on a distinguished road mangeassshajigan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts One Piece Flag One Piece Wanted Poster One Piece Mugiwara
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2012 06:28 PM
    Threads

watch angel beats and gurren lagaan

11. Likes TheThunderBringer liked this post
    Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 04:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

angel beats,clannad,moon phase if your in to love and action,full metal panic,full metal alchamist,bleach,chobits if your in to love and drama and fruits basket
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Senior Member Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics has a reputation beyond repute Ragenomics's Avatar
    Gil
    Volatile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2016 10:57 PM
    Threads

Black Lagoon and Golgo 13 would be my suggestions.

Senior Member Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Green Saber Storm Trooper Beer
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 01:26 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MattyG69

Glad to see Elfen Lied's near the top of your to watch list. Amazing anime, in my top 5.

I'd reccommend the Final Fantasy Advent Children movie if you're into action; the original was better than the "complete" version; although the fight with Sephiroth was better in complete.

15. Likes TheThunderBringer liked this post
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 03:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I second Black Lagoon. I think it might be right up your alley. It's dark-themed, with a solid premise, and a lot of well-choreographed action.

You might like to check out Seirei no Moribito (Guardian of the Spirit). It's a bit slow-paced but it has a rewarding plot, the art is amazing, and there are some pretty good fight scenes here and there.
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

Senior Member LadySaphiraShijinuske has a reputation beyond repute LadySaphiraShijinuske has a reputation beyond repute LadySaphiraShijinuske has a reputation beyond repute LadySaphiraShijinuske has a reputation beyond repute LadySaphiraShijinuske has a reputation beyond repute LadySaphiraShijinuske has a reputation beyond repute LadySaphiraShijinuske has a reputation beyond repute LadySaphiraShijinuske has a reputation beyond repute LadySaphiraShijinuske has a reputation beyond repute LadySaphiraShijinuske has a reputation beyond repute LadySaphiraShijinuske has a reputation beyond repute LadySaphiraShijinuske's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Notebook Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-18-2013 12:55 PM
    Threads

Eden of the East is on Netflix. That's where I watched it. Also, DEFINITELY watch the Hiyao Miyazaki movies you have listed, they are AMAZING. Garve of the Fireflies is a very good, thought provoking movie too. I liked Tokyo Godfathers as well.

<3 Saphira

Senior Member kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Gurren Boota
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2019 07:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Rahxephon
    Princess Mononoke
    Sengoku Basara
    Steamboy
    king of thorn
    otogi zoushi
    outlaw star
    trinity blood

there, that ought to keep you busy, have fun

Member .... has a reputation beyond repute .... has a reputation beyond repute .... has a reputation beyond repute .... has a reputation beyond repute .... has a reputation beyond repute .... has a reputation beyond repute .... has a reputation beyond repute .... has a reputation beyond repute .... has a reputation beyond repute .... has a reputation beyond repute .... has a reputation beyond repute ....'s Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Camera Dslr
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2021 05:40 PM
    Threads

There is another anime series that I currently own, and it has action, blood and did I mention action?

anyway, the series is called "The Vision of Escaflowne" and I highly recommend this if your looking for something that deals with traveling to another world and meeting with a king from a destroyed country who found out that his brother has gone to the evil side.

Junior Member abkillorlando is on a distinguished road abkillorlando's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2012 02:41 PM
    Threads

You can find Eden of the East on Netflix and Spirited away is a great movie to watch made by the same people who did Howls Moving Castle.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information