AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: neon genesis

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts AK47 Red Dango Wolf
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2014 06:58 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

Default neon genesis

in this anime there are these 3 kids use robots who fight angels who are vent on atacking humanaity. sinji is the 3rd pilot,rei is the 2nd and the first pilot is asuka. asuka is hot but well she has an atitude, sinji is the shy type and rei seams to me like a goth type
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Also known as Naughty Dog Multigrain is on a distinguished road Multigrain's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2012 11:15 PM
    Threads

Default Re: neon genesis

Woah, woah. Rei is not a goth type. I think you may have mixed up Shinji and Rei there, seeing as Shinji likes to whine and Rei barely interacts with anyone outside of the NERV personal and Gendo.

Member Allan53 is on a distinguished road Allan53's Avatar
    Gil
    Worried
    Gifts Bear
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2013 02:58 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by darkrider21 View Post
    in this anime there are these 3 kids use robots who fight angels who are vent on atacking humanaity. sinji is the 3rd pilot,rei is the 2nd and the first pilot is asuka. asuka is hot but well she has an atitude, sinji is the shy type and rei seams to me like a goth type
    Congratulations, you have successfully grasped the simplest possible level of that show, that the characters are broad archetypes rather than people in and of themselves (except they are at the same time...it's weird). It's a deeply complex and symbolic show, which is either fantastic or terrible depending on how you view it.
    Last edited by Allan53; 10-27-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Junior Member sl33pyt1m3 is on a distinguished road sl33pyt1m3's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2012 11:33 AM
    Threads

NGE is my favorite anime, it's characters are not archetypes in the sense that "They were written like this just to be like this,"
    There is reason behind each characters actions, the series is highly philosophical and symbolic.
    It's hard for me to explain what exactly NGE is unless I start talking to a group of people, but at it's core, from my understanding of it, it shows people's insecurities, our emotional fragility and what many of us do in order to cope with pain caused by abandonment, rejection, etc...
    Read up on the show, look at it a few times, you'll love it for not just the action

5. Likes Allan53 liked this post
    Senior Member GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark has a reputation beyond repute GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2014 12:15 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tOSUguy2002

I disagree The EVAs are not just robots.

In episode 2 you clearly see Unit 01 has an eyeball. When the EVAs take damage like in episode 2 the Angel repeatedly jams that beam of energy into the eye area, did you think that was red fuel maybe coolants or something? I thought it was blood. They are more than robots.

The children do not use the EVAs NERV uses the children. This is just arguing semantics here but I think there is a distinction. For each child there is a different level of manipulation going on. I dont want to be a spoiler so I wont go completely into my theory on that here but feel free to message me.

Asuka is hot no doubt and Shinji is shy but I really think he was just raised to be polite and respectful to his elders and strangers. Thats not being shy its just not being as obnoxious as some of his peers like Asuka, Toji and Kensuke for example. Rei is no type. She is not "gothic" nor is she depressed or any of those sorts of labels. If anything she is obedient and unquestioning. She does what she is told without asking questions because that is what she knows. That is her view of how life works. Differently than Shinji though. Shinji still asks the questions and obeys the commands but in a manner that is more submissive than Rei. For Rei there is no need to question the commands of Gendo and NERV

Junior Member xatwn is on a distinguished road xatwn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2014 04:58 AM
    Threads

Thanks for your efforts

http://www.soran.edu.iq

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information