AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gamers and Relationships

Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gamers and Relationships

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Actually, let's flip it around for a moment, because so far, everything has been falling into the lap of the gamer, when in actuality, both partners are responsible for assessing each other before they get into a relationship.

Sure, a gamer shouldn't devote all of their time to playing video games if they are in a relationship with someone. Even two gamers who are involved with each other have to put down the controller at some point; otherwise they are no more involved with each other than gaming buddies (nothing wrong with that, but its not a committed relationship). Ignoring your partner is a sure fire way to piss them off, especially if the source of your inattention is some hobby.

However, the fact that someone is a gamer is not something that just pops out of nowhere; there is no way in hell that someone didn't know that the person that they liked spent most of their free time playing video games. If they are devoting a bunch of time to gaming before you engage in a relationship, there is a really good chance that it is going to stay that way for a good chunk of the relationship (if not the entire relationship). They could change a little bit, sure, but one shouldn't engage in a relationship with this expectation because there is a lot of crap that one has to go through before anything changes (I believe we criticize Disney movies and romantic comedies for this sort of thing). Getting pissed at them for paying more attention to video games is understandable, but only to a point, since one should have realized that they were a gamer to begin with.

Gamer: "Can I give this person the time and attention that they deserve?"

Partner: "Can I expect to receive the time and attention that I deserve?"
    True. If you know the person you want to date games a lot, then it's also your responsibility and your choice to date them.

Senior Member Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Green Saber Storm Trooper Beer
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2012 12:29 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MattyG69

Default Re: Gamers and Relationships

I mean ... you could always marry Princess Zelda or ... another video game character. Pixels are low-maintenance, and they don't sass!

Hahaha, if only!

But seriously, I think some of you got the wrong impression from me... I'm most deffinately not a basement dweller fiending every second for one more round on an online matchup, like a crack addict. I game far and few inbetween, but when I game, I GAME! Only if it's new, and shiny, lol.

Just at the fact of dating a non-gamer... and I mean gamer as in a loose term; one who plays games on a casual level, not the hardcore World of Warcraft type guys. I just use the term gamer for any kind of game playing. Aaaaaanyways; I always get into relationships with non-gamer girls, which usually isn't a problem; like I said, I only game hardcore on new games that come out, but when the novelty where's off my gamer spirit goes into hibernation for a few months. But being in a long term relationship, it has sparked a couple problems. I most deffinately don't ignore my partner; I do love her afterall But it is indeed hard for me to pull away from the screen for the first couple days.

Just curious if anyone else had any type of problems.... but by the sounds of it I guess not.

Just find her a game she'd like
    Just got her into anime, don't wanna push my luck, lol. It's pretty cool to see how many ladies game though; gives me hope for the future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information