AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transformers Prime

Senior Member T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Sushi2
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2016 10:43 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up Transformers Prime

Anyone else watch this recent animated version of Transformers? Back in the day, when I was in early gradeschool transformers was my favorite cartoon. So I'll always be a fan. Now my son is watching it just like I did so many years ago. He likes Beast Wars which I freakin can't stand. But then he found this series on netflix and I found myself watching with him and getting into it. Then after a few months of not seeing it I found myself watching it without him lol. On season 2 right now, but I havent got all the way through it.

I think they did a great job with this one which will appeal to kids and adults (like me atleast, that liked it when they were a kid). The computer animation, detail, movement is great, the music is good, voices good, plots are good. We see familiar friends and foes, as well as a few new ones, but I think all the main autobots are originals: Optimus Prime, Bumble Bee, Ratchet, Arcee, Bulkhead.
    Last edited by T-Stew; 04-20-2013 at 09:33 PM.
    ~ Tristan

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: Transformers Prime

How can you not like Beast Wars? It's the only part in the transformers that doesn't rehash and mess with the original storyline. I've yet to watch Prime, but from my understanding lots of folks that are fans of the original enjoy Prime as much or more than Armada.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew has a reputation beyond repute T-Stew's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Sushi2
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2016 10:43 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    How can you not like Beast Wars? It's the only part in the transformers that doesn't rehash and mess with the original storyline. I've yet to watch Prime, but from my understanding lots of folks that are fans of the original enjoy Prime as much or more than Armada.
    Well you might be right about it not messing with the original storyline, I didn't get that deep into it. 2 main reasons I don't like it, one is simply that it suffered from crappy first gen cgi. The best of shows would be ruined by this for me (I mean just watching them now since cgi is much better), and I understand its just from the time period. Guess its just a personal peeve of mine. Also the whole transforming into creatures just seems more silly to me, more for kids I suppose. On a prehistoric earth, with no intelligent life, why would they even worry about transforming into inconspicuous natives? I might have thought differently if I saw it when it was new, but just watching it for the first time in the recent year (and after starting on Transformers Prime) I'll leave my son to watch that one. Might be a good series dont get me wrong, just I'm not into it.

I am a huge transformers freak though. When I saw the first of the new movies a few years ago, after not having seen transformers in like 2 decades, it sent shivers down my spine when Blackout started to transform in the first scene of the movie. Always been a big fan of Mechs though, loved the computer game series of mechwarriors. Never seen any mech animes though, I probably need to look into that. Your sig looks like some kind of mech whats it from?
    ~ Tristan

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Quote Originally Posted by T-Stew View Post
    Well you might be right about it not messing with the original storyline, I didn't get that deep into it. 2 main reasons I don't like it, one is simply that it suffered from crappy first gen cgi. The best of shows would be ruined by this for me (I mean just watching them now since cgi is much better), and I understand its just from the time period. Guess its just a personal peeve of mine. Also the whole transforming into creatures just seems more silly to me, more for kids I suppose. On a prehistoric earth, with no intelligent life, why would they even worry about transforming into inconspicuous natives? I might have thought differently if I saw it when it was new, but just watching it for the first time in the recent year (and after starting on Transformers Prime) I'll leave my son to watch that one. Might be a good series dont get me wrong, just I'm not into it.
    Well true, you have to cut them some slack though. CGI animation just wasn't that great back then. Even regular animation has improved since then. Also, I always left the transforming had more to do with each other than others around them. Though there's still a point to blending in with the natural surroundings one a foreign planet even without intelligent life. It keeps the non-intelligent life from getting scared and/or violent. It doesn't say much when a cheetah's scared and attacking the bot, but it helps greatly against a rhino or hippo. Plus at the same token they couldn't stick to vehicle modes if the vehicle modes required roads and such. I mean really, have you seen Sunstreaker on dirt roads? Such a whiner. XD

I am a huge transformers freak though. When I saw the first of the new movies a few years ago, after not having seen transformers in like 2 decades, it sent shivers down my spine when Blackout started to transform in the first scene of the movie. Always been a big fan of Mechs though, loved the computer game series of mechwarriors. Never seen any mech animes though, I probably need to look into that. Your sig looks like some kind of mech whats it from?
    Don't bother seeing the rest of the live-action films. Waste of money, only the first one was decent unless you just want to see other transformers transform. I do follow many other Mech series, but that's all in the Mecha forums. Gundam, Robotech, The Five Star Stories, Full Metal Panic, and many others are good to watch not just for the mechs too. My sig and avi set is taken from Broken Blade, it's a short anime (like 6 episodes) but really enjoyable. I can tell you more, but it's off-topic. ;P

On Topic:
    How do you feel with some of the characters in the Prime not quite being like they were in the Original series. ie: Wheeljack and Ratchet not being buddy-buddy.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

5. Likes T-Stew liked this post
    Senior Member Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder has a reputation beyond repute Jacob's Ladder's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Goomba Paint Palette Kawaii Sundae
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2015 05:42 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SolidArmor1

Love the series...takes little more after the live action movies in design of the characters, but still awesome none-the-less. The story of the first season Dark Energon was just that pretty dark. You hardly ever saw a fellow bot or con perish in the G1 cartoon. But the Prime series makes connecting with the characters easier because of that sense of hopelessness being out numbered.

Frank Welker as Megatron....Tre'bon!! Though I really wish Ironhide would show up!!

The 3rd season is kicking off pretty good too...hurry and catch up, so we can discuss.

7. Likes T-Stew liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2024 04:10 PM
    Threads

It's not bad... though I'm wondering where the heck Raf and Miko's parents are.

Also why the other kid's dad would ditch a hottie like that
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Junior Member Unicron has a brilliant future Unicron has a brilliant future Unicron has a brilliant future Unicron has a brilliant future Unicron has a brilliant future Unicron has a brilliant future Unicron has a brilliant future Unicron has a brilliant future Unicron has a brilliant future Unicron has a brilliant future Unicron has a brilliant future Unicron's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2014 02:10 PM
    Threads

It's a really good serie. Dark Energon from Unicron. That's awesome. Cliffjumpers dead was really scary but cool. I don't like the design of Starscream. His design was only good in G1, Animated, Cybertron and in Armada when he dies.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information